Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles
800 West Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 2137460001x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily, 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
Happy Hour: Daily, 4:00pm- 7:00 pm (bar and lounge only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Mario Lopez Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact our Catering Manager, Camille Karimzad for more details at 212.397.0666x39 or email@example.com
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR AT CANTINA BAR | DAILY, 4-7 pm
Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
- Cross Street: S. Figueroa Street
- Public Transit: 7 Minute Walk from Metro Red Line (7th Metro Center) and 3 minute Walk from Metro Blue Line (Pico Station).
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public timed parking available at L.A. LIVE in Lot E (East Garage) or Lot W (West Garage); valet parking in Lot E only. If attending an event, flat rate parking is also available.
Validated parking info: Please request a validated parking pass from your server or host. It is good for 2 hours for the LOT E Garage only. Call the restaurant for more details.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles
In 1984, Rosa Mexicano set a new standard for Mexican cuisine when it first opened on the Upper East Side of New York City. Having served legions of fans for 25 years, we are thrilled to bring Rosa Mexicano's signature brand of authentic Mexican cooking in a relaxed, stylish setting to the West Coast for the first time. The 205-seat restaurant debuts at L.A. Live, a 5.6 million-square-foot sports and entertainment development in the heart of the revitalized downtown area, alongside many of the city's greatest attractions, including the Staples Center and Nokia Theatre. Bathed in our signature vibrant hues, this location features our award-winning guacamole en molcajete, our signature frozen pomegranate margaritas, modern architectural elements, flexible private dining options and comfortable outdoor patio seating--a perfect environment to introduce you to the festive atmosphere and delicious cuisine of Rosa Mexicano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (34)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (18)romantic (16)hot spot (15)neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great Food, service and ambiance!!!MrsTDined on 9/19/2014Great Mexican food. Not all your traditional meals. Some great variations and a bit more contemporary style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMLABABYVIPDined on 9/16/2014Rosa is a gem, often you find a mexican restaurant that has great food, not so good margaritas, or excellent margaritas and so so food. Rosa has it all, great food, excellent margaritas and a warm, friendly staff. We go there often now and are treated like royalty by the entire crew. I'd recommend you head over there now if you want a truly special experience. And they have a great $30 Desde Dinner menu, amazing, through October 10. You will love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs DownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Went with friends for dinner before concert. Friend ordered Chicken Pibil. Chicken was dry and the Pibil flavoring was just rubbed on, the chicken was bland. The vegetarian selection is ONE. I noticed that nopales was on the menu as a side and asked if I could just have an order of nopales with tortillas and they would not accommodate me, I had to order they only vegetarian meal on the menu (vegetable tacos). At least my other friend that ordered the carne asada enjoyed his meal.
- gluten free goodnessRosaFansVIPDined on 9/13/2014We frequent Rosa Mexicano because it is safe for those who have celiac disease. The service is wonderful and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD=DELICIOUS!Smores4Dined on 9/12/2014The food had so much flavor! Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNelydvkDined on 9/12/2014I've passed this place many times and thought maybe it would be a Mexican fusion type if place. Too modern for me to try. But a girlfriend of mine and I decided we would try it before our Marc Anthony concert at the Nokia on a Friday night. My hubby made reservations for us and also surprised us with a gift card that would cover anything we wanted. So having the freedom to order anything we got savor some food. The carne asada was amazing, the chicken was delicious, the salsa was great, loved the guacamole and the table rice and black beans-loved! It was a great experience, our waiter was very attentive and knowledgable. The ambiance was perfect, once it got busy we didn't even notice the noise level. It was wonderful, going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experience...poor servicefelixDined on 9/11/2014I had originally made a reservation and our table was not ready for the time I requested. Then once seated, took them over 20 minutes to come to even greet us and ask for our drinks. Once our drinks finally came, they took our order for food, but that wasn't the food that we received. They made a mistake on my order and brought me an entirely different plate, but because we we were in a hurry to make a concert and we were already running late due to their delays, I decided to just have what they brought me. I did let the waiter know of his mistake and he took it off the bill, but nevertheless, very bad service. I will not be going back to Rosa Mexicano, at least not for dinner. Maybe just the bar for a quick drink.
- judyDined on 9/11/2014They have some very good guacamole. It was busy but fairly well staffed.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Rosa Mexicano is a go to place. Great food. Amazing staff. Delicious drinks. You and your friends will have a great time.Special Features:
- Phenominal.JimbvandyDined on 9/4/2014Growing up in Southern CA, I know Mexican food. This place is amazing. Unique, authentic taste pairings. GREAT service. Cesar is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodcelottDined on 9/3/2014We frequently choose to eat out for Mexican food. The food here was extremely flavorful and served in style. The meats were especially good, but then so was the salsa with the custom spiced-up flavors! Everything was very fresh.Special Features:
- enjoyable lunchLive2eatDined on 8/27/2014Had an enjoyable lunch at Rosa Mexicano. Very good service. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guac to die for!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great restaurant! Great drinks! Awesome guacamole!Special Features:
- Early afternoon Sunday DinnerRogersVIPDined on 8/3/2014Elegant dining is fine by me. We were surprised by the decor (not Mexican ) at the restaurant. The Supreme margaritas were outstanding. We had empanadas and mahi mahi cerviche in tortilla shells for starters. Both were different and good. Main dishes were carnitas and carne asada. Both tasty and had good presentations.The restaurant was pretty quiet at 4pm when we arrived with couples trickling in as we ate. Good place to try if you are down at the LA Live area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Exotic Mexican! Sangria!coolfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Excellent food! Exotic Mexican food with a fusion twist of incorporating Latin flare from other parts of the world. It was perfect for our GNO! A culinary treat for a trendy spot, a melting pot of sorts. Great sangria too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodres19mbxDined on 7/26/2014The guacamole was fresh and made at the table. The mahi mahi didnt taste fishy and melted in my mouth. The cilantro brown rice and refried black beans had great texture and flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationDtlabusinessownerDined on 7/26/2014My sister wanted to have her birthday dinner at Rosa. It was refreshing to be greeted with a nice smile by the same host as last time Adriana, definitely set the tone for us.We were sat at a very nice round table in the center of the restaurant, best table in the restaurant, in my opinion.We were served by jasmine, wow, simply put, she was outstanding, so far the best server I've been served by thus far at any restaurant.I'm very particular on service too. We were greeted early into the service by Kristen who was both charming and witty, we loved her,she made us smile and laugh. Jonathan was great, he overlooked the whole thing and wished my sister a happy birthday. This place continues to dominate in customer service and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try for lunch!NikkiDined on 7/23/2014I really enjoy dining here for lunch with the office group. I love the ambiance and of course there is always a new and flavorful dish to explore! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not impressedBrieMiraDined on 7/22/2014I have eaten at several of the other places around Rosa Mexicano, so this was finally my chance to try this location. I felt that the prices were on par with everywhere else. The food was okay. Not bad but not fantastic either. The drinks that we had were decent. The waitress was nice enough but I felt that she wanted to turn over our table a little more quickly. You could tell when she got tired of us even though we were continuously ordering more drinks. Overall, would I return? No.Special Features:
- Delicious food!MARIA6167VIPDined on 7/21/2014This restaurant was very nice and elegant. It was a little bit dark inside, but it was very nice overall. It looks very classy for a fancy dinner or a friend gathering place. The food was amazing and perfectly priced! :) I will definitely be coming back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice scene, but very expensive...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014We didn't even order that much, but the bill came to $300 (for 8 people including tip). I was not expecting such a high number given the quality of the restaurant. Otherwise, it was just fine.
- Food ok not greatOklahomaReviewerVIPDined on 6/28/2014Was expecting a little better based upon previous reviews. Heavy tourist area and this restaurant is no exception. Tableside guacamole is great but everything else foodwise is average. Nice decor and good service, too bad the food was not quite as good.
- Great menu!Patrick1Dined on 6/20/2014I had the tacos filets but a bit rare for my taste. Over than that everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/19/2014The kale and Salmon salad was DEE-LISH. So good that I didn't even need to use the salad dressing!Special Features:
- MEXICAN????ExcellentDined on 6/14/2014Its called Rosa Mexicano no spanish menu at all. The steak (carne asada) plate only that the piece of meat.....Music in the restaurant some clasic music (no problem with) but in a mexican restaurant??????
- Loved the serviceprisdines1234Dined on 6/13/2014The server that was serving us was really nice. Everyone was very friendly. When we asked if we could be moved, they moved us without any hesitation. We had a lovely evening. We truly enjoyed the cocktails and the ambience of Rosa Mexicano.Special Features:
- SundaynitedinnerDined on 6/10/2014The table was too dark, the service was very slow, the noise was a problem, waiter had too many tables, over an hour to get food, and took to long to get check. The only pleasant part of the experience was the food, very tastily and different.Special Features:
- Pricey for Mexican FoodNotImpressedDined on 6/8/2014Overall food was good. A little pricey for Mexican food in my opinion. I think the location has a lot to do with the prices. If it were located in a NOT so touristy area, I don't think they would be able to get that kind of $$ for what they offer. $20.00 for Carnitas tacos is ridiculous and they really are not much better than the mom and pop Mexican restaurant that has reasonable prices. $11.00 for a teeny, tiny margarita is just nuts too. People rave about the guacamole here. Hmmmm, not so special. About the only thing I thought was spectacular about it was that it was made fresh at your table. I have definitely had better though. Now their rice is another story, I thought it was absolutely delicious. Not typical Mex rice, awesomeSpecial Features:
- Gluten free goodnessRosaFansVIPDined on 6/8/2014We love Rosa Mexicano and started going primarily because they are very careful about gluten free meals. We would recommend it to anyone, though, as the food and service are terrific.Special Features:
- Tantalizing Flavors.EclecticDined on 6/6/2014My overall experience was outstanding enjoyed by the entire party. Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Good FoodIliketoeatDined on 6/5/2014Had the Carnitas Tacos. Very tasty. Excellent and original presentation. Rice and beans are served family style. The fresh salsa had a sour citrus flavor that I really liked. Drinks were good.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2014Great food, great ambiance, great date night place without the kids.Special Features:
- Will Return!EmilygmVIPDined on 5/25/2014Really enjoyed our meal here, very tasty and service was excellent.Special Features:
- The following 643 reviews are from the Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles reviews archive.
- Graduation DinnerLadyBrujanDined on 5/16/2014I like the fact that I was able to make the reservation on-line and make changes to it. They accommodated a group of 9 people and validated parking tix up to 2 hours. It was a good experience at a decent price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Experience!knightridermkDined on 5/11/2014I dine at Rosa Mexicano about once a month during basketball season and several times during the off season. This is by far my favorite restaurant and well worth the 90 minute one way drive from my home to the restaurant. Rosa Mexicano isn't your typical Mexican restaurant with food made by a cook. Everything they serve is 5 star quality and prepared by a Chef. The menu consists of modern interpretations of classic dishes as well as unique new dishes. The service is excellent. The staff are excellent. The food is out of this world. My personal favorite is the carne asada tacos with a pomegranate margarita. Try them for yourself, I guarantee you've never experienced anything them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too priceyPinkDined on 5/11/2014Food and service were good. Only thing that we did not like was the price. For the food you serve the prices were outrageous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchSCVgangsterDined on 5/11/2014Good food. Kid friendly. Decent noise level. The service was good. This was the second time we come here for Mothers Day Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!UnhappyCustomer777Dined on 5/10/2014The music in the background did not reflect the ambiance. The music was too clubbish. I was expecting something more cultural. Our waitress sent someone else to pour water and she got me wet and it was all over the table. She was pouring in a hurry and she left so quick I couldn't tell her. We just cleaned the mess ourselves. When it came to the tab, no folder was provided with it. I wasn't sure if I was expected to get up and pay for it myself. Not sure if I would return.
- Carne Asada Tacos!KevinVIPDined on 5/10/2014The carne asada tacos are out of this world amazing. Good compliment with the rice and beans. Great place to go before a game at Staples Center.Special Features:
- Rosa Rocks!AMLABABYVIPDined on 5/6/20143 of us dined at Rosa, our waiter, Merced, was a joy, fabulous service without being overbearing, clone him! The frozen pomegranate margaritas are delicious and packed a punch! Merced informed us that they now have frozen lime, mango and strawberry and gave us all a little taste tester of all three, sweet! The lime, was amazing tart and bright, mango was great, and surprisingly the strawberry was very good, not overly sweet. Now to the food, guacamole made to order with the freshest ingredients, fish tacos, they have crispy listed on the menu, but will do them grilled, deliciously grilled, short rib enchiladas, yum yum, the sauce was fabulous, the chicken enchiladas, super! We we so well taken care of, it was delightful. Amazing place!Special Features: