Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles
800 West Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: (213) 746-0001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily, 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
Happy Hour: Daily, 4:00pm- 7:00 pm (bar and lounge only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ben Diaz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact our Catering Manager, Breé Theriault, email@example.com or 415.874.4300
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR AT CANTINA BAR | DAILY, 4-7 pm
Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
- Cross Street: S. Figueroa Street
- Public Transit: 7 Minute Walk from Metro Red Line (7th Metro Center) and 3 minute Walk from Metro Blue Line (Pico Station).
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public timed parking available at L.A. LIVE in Lot E (East Garage) or Lot W (West Garage); valet parking in Lot E only. If attending an event, flat rate parking is also available.
Validated parking info: Please request a validated parking pass from your server or host. It is good for 2 hours for the LOT E Garage only. Call the restaurant for more details.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles
In 1984, Rosa Mexicano set a new standard for Mexican cuisine when it first opened on the Upper East Side of New York City. Having served legions of fans for 25 years, we are thrilled to bring Rosa Mexicano's signature brand of authentic Mexican cooking in a relaxed, stylish setting to the West Coast for the first time. The 205-seat restaurant debuts at L.A. Live, a 5.6 million-square-foot sports and entertainment development in the heart of the revitalized downtown area, alongside many of the city's greatest attractions, including the Staples Center and Nokia Theatre. Bathed in our signature vibrant hues, this location features our award-winning guacamole en molcajete, our signature frozen pomegranate margaritas, modern architectural elements, flexible private dining options and comfortable outdoor patio seating--a perfect environment to introduce you to the festive atmosphere and delicious cuisine of Rosa Mexicano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (40)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (24)hot spot (21)romantic (15)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (14)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/21/2014This place needs work. The salsa tastes like pureed canned tomatoes with onions and no heat. The steak tacos were tough and cold and tasted like they were sitting on a counter already made. The margarita was tiny and loaded with mostly ice and a large orange slice. The Caesar salad was flavorless leaves on a plate. What can I say.....skip!
- FrankieDined on 11/15/2014The atmosphere and food are very special. Margaritas , and table side guacamole are both the icing on the cake! Great restaurant. Fantastic service ! Fun for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and value!CindyDined on 11/13/2014Lively bar scene, happy hour is a great value - bottomless guacamole for $14 and great street tacos, empanadas, etc.Special Features:
- Baja Fish TacosrobotmanDined on 11/7/2014I brought my wife here for our 23rd wedding anniversary, the beginning of our "night on the town" in LA Live. Although the service was excellent and the ambiance was wonderful, my meal was served cold which was incredibly disappointing. I most likely will not recommend this restaurant to any of my friends or colleagues.
- Though a chain, a good meal.A2RobDined on 11/6/2014Very good Mexican food with good service. Kinda large, so if packed for a game, likely loud bar-type scene. We went there for a large business lunch, and it was perfect. Order the guacamole, which is made tableside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and ambianceclassicdameDined on 10/31/2014We enjoyed our evening dinging a Rosa Mexicano. Great place to have dinner and drinks in the LA Live area. Great atmosphere too. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Loved it!!itmustbemargytimeDined on 10/24/2014Great food and service from the moment we walked in!! Pomegranate Margaritas divine! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Pre-Theater FiestaPeterDined on 10/21/2014With no major events at Staples/Nokia it was a perfect night for a quieter swift dinner before theater. Positively delicious meal a midst soothing environs. This was our first visit to this location after discovering Rosa Mexicano on a recent visit to South Beach Miami. We'll make this a regular spot to host friends when attending events downtown; but makes a good reason, all on its own, to head to LA Live just for a meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guac on Tap. Drinks on Ice.alwayshungryDined on 10/18/2014Came with a group and was seated immediately. Their guacamole is made on the spot and is very fresh. Not the best guac, but it is a must-have at Rosa Mexicano. Their frozen margaritas and variety of tequila cocktails are also very good. Their entrees are a perfect portion, and great taste for its price. Overall I would recommend this restaurant for a night with friends or happy hour after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2014I love this place!!! I love the environment!! romantic! I would recommend this to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa Mexicano RocksSoBayGirlVIPDined on 10/12/2014Love this restaurant since I spend a lot of time at LA Live! LA KINGS games and The GRAMMY Museum. Terrific, yummy, healthy food and great prices and friendly, knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOTfunVIPDined on 10/9/2014The host was a bit snobby and the service was lacking. Food was ok but pricey. This restaurant is ok but not a "goto" restaurant for me.Special Features:
- 30 YEAR CELEBRATION MENUkma2012Dined on 10/4/2014The three course meal was excellent. The the pork tacos were AMAZING!!! The filet mignon with mushrooms in tequila cream sauce tasted great. The waiter even took it back without hesitation when I asked for it to be well done. Lastly, the tres leches cake was to die for. I couldn't even finish it all. The food was well worth it. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- October 4th DinnerBillieDined on 10/4/2014The empanadas were deep fried and greasy. The tortilla soup was very salty. The Caesar salad was basic, but the dressing lacked flavor. The thee enchilada entree was OK tasting, but the short rib enchilada was salty. The salsa was bland. The price point is very high in this restaurant. The high point was our friendly server. I would pass on going again. Too many good Mexican Restaurants within a mile of Rosa's.Special Features:
- Best Place at LA LiveCushisDined on 10/2/2014This was my second time at Rosa Mexicano . .if I didn't live so far from this restaurant, I would eat here several times a week! A bit pricey but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JkileDined on 9/26/2014Went to dinner here at LA Live because it was close to our hotel and a hotel suggestion. This place was actually not very crowded which worked for us on a saturday night. The staff was nice, lighting a little dark and atmosphere pretty mellow, in which we were not. Although we were a little loud, they actually sent us a sample round of the new margarita they had. Im not sure if they do this for everyone but they also gave us each ice cream! Overall good experience although a little expensive, food portions are big enough so make sure to take your food home for a late night second round!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the All You Can Eat Guacamole!BonnieBDined on 9/25/2014Rosa Mexicano at first glance might seem a bit pricey for "Mexican Food" but it's worth every penny. Wonderful sauces and "Like Water for Chocolate" authentic Mexican recipes with a fusion flair make this restaurant extra special. If you're on a budget, enjoy all you can eat guacamole that is made to order and to your taste. A MUST HAVE is the frozen pomegranate margaritas. You may think their signature drink (from the days of the first restaurant on 61st Street in NYC) is "fru-fru" but one is my limit and if I have two, I'm not driving. The best frozen margarita in town, it never melts, it never separates, is good to the last drop and packs a powerful punch! Enjoy!!Special Features:
- 4hungryfolksDined on 9/21/2014Having been here several times before, I enjoy it enough to plan to lunch with another friend in early October. If I have any complaint is that they change the menu so completely that some of the things I enjoyed most are no longer available. I hope they do some repeats of past favorite dishes.Special Features:
- An Enjoyable Dining ExperienceDavidDined on 9/20/2014Rosa Mexicano was FANTASTIC. We enjoyed every portion of our dining experience. I'd highly recommend going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, service and ambiance!!!MrsTDined on 9/19/2014Great Mexican food. Not all your traditional meals. Some great variations and a bit more contemporary style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMLABABYVIPDined on 9/16/2014Rosa is a gem, often you find a mexican restaurant that has great food, not so good margaritas, or excellent margaritas and so so food. Rosa has it all, great food, excellent margaritas and a warm, friendly staff. We go there often now and are treated like royalty by the entire crew. I'd recommend you head over there now if you want a truly special experience. And they have a great $30 Desde Dinner menu, amazing, through October 10. You will love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs DownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Went with friends for dinner before concert. Friend ordered Chicken Pibil. Chicken was dry and the Pibil flavoring was just rubbed on, the chicken was bland. The vegetarian selection is ONE. I noticed that nopales was on the menu as a side and asked if I could just have an order of nopales with tortillas and they would not accommodate me, I had to order they only vegetarian meal on the menu (vegetable tacos). At least my other friend that ordered the carne asada enjoyed his meal.
- gluten free goodnessRosaFansVIPDined on 9/13/2014We frequent Rosa Mexicano because it is safe for those who have celiac disease. The service is wonderful and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD=DELICIOUS!Smores4Dined on 9/12/2014The food had so much flavor! Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNelydvkDined on 9/12/2014I've passed this place many times and thought maybe it would be a Mexican fusion type if place. Too modern for me to try. But a girlfriend of mine and I decided we would try it before our Marc Anthony concert at the Nokia on a Friday night. My hubby made reservations for us and also surprised us with a gift card that would cover anything we wanted. So having the freedom to order anything we got savor some food. The carne asada was amazing, the chicken was delicious, the salsa was great, loved the guacamole and the table rice and black beans-loved! It was a great experience, our waiter was very attentive and knowledgable. The ambiance was perfect, once it got busy we didn't even notice the noise level. It was wonderful, going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experience...poor servicefelixDined on 9/11/2014I had originally made a reservation and our table was not ready for the time I requested. Then once seated, took them over 20 minutes to come to even greet us and ask for our drinks. Once our drinks finally came, they took our order for food, but that wasn't the food that we received. They made a mistake on my order and brought me an entirely different plate, but because we we were in a hurry to make a concert and we were already running late due to their delays, I decided to just have what they brought me. I did let the waiter know of his mistake and he took it off the bill, but nevertheless, very bad service. I will not be going back to Rosa Mexicano, at least not for dinner. Maybe just the bar for a quick drink.
- judyDined on 9/11/2014They have some very good guacamole. It was busy but fairly well staffed.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Rosa Mexicano is a go to place. Great food. Amazing staff. Delicious drinks. You and your friends will have a great time.Special Features:
- Phenominal.JimbvandyDined on 9/4/2014Growing up in Southern CA, I know Mexican food. This place is amazing. Unique, authentic taste pairings. GREAT service. Cesar is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodcelottDined on 9/3/2014We frequently choose to eat out for Mexican food. The food here was extremely flavorful and served in style. The meats were especially good, but then so was the salsa with the custom spiced-up flavors! Everything was very fresh.Special Features:
- enjoyable lunchLive2eatDined on 8/27/2014Had an enjoyable lunch at Rosa Mexicano. Very good service. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guac to die for!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great restaurant! Great drinks! Awesome guacamole!Special Features:
- Early afternoon Sunday DinnerRogersVIPDined on 8/3/2014Elegant dining is fine by me. We were surprised by the decor (not Mexican ) at the restaurant. The Supreme margaritas were outstanding. We had empanadas and mahi mahi cerviche in tortilla shells for starters. Both were different and good. Main dishes were carnitas and carne asada. Both tasty and had good presentations.The restaurant was pretty quiet at 4pm when we arrived with couples trickling in as we ate. Good place to try if you are down at the LA Live area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Exotic Mexican! Sangria!coolfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Excellent food! Exotic Mexican food with a fusion twist of incorporating Latin flare from other parts of the world. It was perfect for our GNO! A culinary treat for a trendy spot, a melting pot of sorts. Great sangria too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 661 reviews are from the Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles reviews archive.
- delicious foodres19mbxDined on 7/26/2014The guacamole was fresh and made at the table. The mahi mahi didnt taste fishy and melted in my mouth. The cilantro brown rice and refried black beans had great texture and flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationDtlabusinessownerDined on 7/26/2014My sister wanted to have her birthday dinner at Rosa. It was refreshing to be greeted with a nice smile by the same host as last time Adriana, definitely set the tone for us.We were sat at a very nice round table in the center of the restaurant, best table in the restaurant, in my opinion.We were served by jasmine, wow, simply put, she was outstanding, so far the best server I've been served by thus far at any restaurant.I'm very particular on service too. We were greeted early into the service by Kristen who was both charming and witty, we loved her,she made us smile and laugh. Jonathan was great, he overlooked the whole thing and wished my sister a happy birthday. This place continues to dominate in customer service and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try for lunch!NikkiDined on 7/23/2014I really enjoy dining here for lunch with the office group. I love the ambiance and of course there is always a new and flavorful dish to explore! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not impressedBrieMiraDined on 7/22/2014I have eaten at several of the other places around Rosa Mexicano, so this was finally my chance to try this location. I felt that the prices were on par with everywhere else. The food was okay. Not bad but not fantastic either. The drinks that we had were decent. The waitress was nice enough but I felt that she wanted to turn over our table a little more quickly. You could tell when she got tired of us even though we were continuously ordering more drinks. Overall, would I return? No.Special Features:
- Delicious food!MARIA6167VIPDined on 7/21/2014This restaurant was very nice and elegant. It was a little bit dark inside, but it was very nice overall. It looks very classy for a fancy dinner or a friend gathering place. The food was amazing and perfectly priced! :) I will definitely be coming back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice scene, but very expensive...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014We didn't even order that much, but the bill came to $300 (for 8 people including tip). I was not expecting such a high number given the quality of the restaurant. Otherwise, it was just fine.