Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles
800 West Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 2137460001x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily, 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
Happy Hour: Daily, 4:00pm- 7:00 pm (bar and lounge only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Mario Lopez Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact our Catering Manager, Camille Karimzad for more details at 212.397.0666x39 or email@example.com
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR AT CANTINA BAR | DAILY, 4-7 pm
Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
- Cross Street: S. Figueroa Street
- Public Transit: 7 Minute Walk from Metro Red Line (7th Metro Center) and 3 minute Walk from Metro Blue Line (Pico Station).
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public timed parking available at L.A. LIVE in Lot E (East Garage) or Lot W (West Garage); valet parking in Lot E only. If attending an event, flat rate parking is also available.
Validated parking info: Please request a validated parking pass from your server or host. It is good for 2 hours for the LOT E Garage only. Call the restaurant for more details.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles
In 1984, Rosa Mexicano set a new standard for Mexican cuisine when it first opened on the Upper East Side of New York City. Having served legions of fans for 25 years, we are thrilled to bring Rosa Mexicano's signature brand of authentic Mexican cooking in a relaxed, stylish setting to the West Coast for the first time. The 205-seat restaurant debuts at L.A. Live, a 5.6 million-square-foot sports and entertainment development in the heart of the revitalized downtown area, alongside many of the city's greatest attractions, including the Staples Center and Nokia Theatre. Bathed in our signature vibrant hues, this location features our award-winning guacamole en molcajete, our signature frozen pomegranate margaritas, modern architectural elements, flexible private dining options and comfortable outdoor patio seating--a perfect environment to introduce you to the festive atmosphere and delicious cuisine of Rosa Mexicano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (33)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (19)romantic (14)hot spot (13)neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- enjoyable lunchLive2eatDined on 8/27/2014Had an enjoyable lunch at Rosa Mexicano. Very good service. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early afternoon Sunday DinnerRogersVIPDined on 8/3/2014Elegant dining is fine by me. We were surprised by the decor (not Mexican ) at the restaurant. The Supreme margaritas were outstanding. We had empanadas and mahi mahi cerviche in tortilla shells for starters. Both were different and good. Main dishes were carnitas and carne asada. Both tasty and had good presentations.The restaurant was pretty quiet at 4pm when we arrived with couples trickling in as we ate. Good place to try if you are down at the LA Live area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Exotic Mexican! Sangria!coolfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Excellent food! Exotic Mexican food with a fusion twist of incorporating Latin flare from other parts of the world. It was perfect for our GNO! A culinary treat for a trendy spot, a melting pot of sorts. Great sangria too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodres19mbxDined on 7/26/2014The guacamole was fresh and made at the table. The mahi mahi didnt taste fishy and melted in my mouth. The cilantro brown rice and refried black beans had great texture and flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationDtlabusinessownerDined on 7/26/2014My sister wanted to have her birthday dinner at Rosa. It was refreshing to be greeted with a nice smile by the same host as last time Adriana, definitely set the tone for us.We were sat at a very nice round table in the center of the restaurant, best table in the restaurant, in my opinion.We were served by jasmine, wow, simply put, she was outstanding, so far the best server I've been served by thus far at any restaurant.I'm very particular on service too. We were greeted early into the service by Kristen who was both charming and witty, we loved her,she made us smile and laugh. Jonathan was great, he overlooked the whole thing and wished my sister a happy birthday. This place continues to dominate in customer service and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try for lunch!NikkiDined on 7/23/2014I really enjoy dining here for lunch with the office group. I love the ambiance and of course there is always a new and flavorful dish to explore! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not impressedBrieMiraDined on 7/22/2014I have eaten at several of the other places around Rosa Mexicano, so this was finally my chance to try this location. I felt that the prices were on par with everywhere else. The food was okay. Not bad but not fantastic either. The drinks that we had were decent. The waitress was nice enough but I felt that she wanted to turn over our table a little more quickly. You could tell when she got tired of us even though we were continuously ordering more drinks. Overall, would I return? No.Special Features:
- Delicious food!MARIA6167VIPDined on 7/21/2014This restaurant was very nice and elegant. It was a little bit dark inside, but it was very nice overall. It looks very classy for a fancy dinner or a friend gathering place. The food was amazing and perfectly priced! :) I will definitely be coming back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice scene, but very expensive...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014We didn't even order that much, but the bill came to $300 (for 8 people including tip). I was not expecting such a high number given the quality of the restaurant. Otherwise, it was just fine.
- Food ok not greatOklahomaReviewerVIPDined on 6/28/2014Was expecting a little better based upon previous reviews. Heavy tourist area and this restaurant is no exception. Tableside guacamole is great but everything else foodwise is average. Nice decor and good service, too bad the food was not quite as good.
- Great menu!Patrick1Dined on 6/20/2014I had the tacos filets but a bit rare for my taste. Over than that everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/19/2014The kale and Salmon salad was DEE-LISH. So good that I didn't even need to use the salad dressing!Special Features:
- MEXICAN????ExcellentDined on 6/14/2014Its called Rosa Mexicano no spanish menu at all. The steak (carne asada) plate only that the piece of meat.....Music in the restaurant some clasic music (no problem with) but in a mexican restaurant??????
- Loved the serviceprisdines1234Dined on 6/13/2014The server that was serving us was really nice. Everyone was very friendly. When we asked if we could be moved, they moved us without any hesitation. We had a lovely evening. We truly enjoyed the cocktails and the ambience of Rosa Mexicano.Special Features:
- SundaynitedinnerDined on 6/10/2014The table was too dark, the service was very slow, the noise was a problem, waiter had too many tables, over an hour to get food, and took to long to get check. The only pleasant part of the experience was the food, very tastily and different.Special Features:
- Pricey for Mexican FoodNotImpressedDined on 6/8/2014Overall food was good. A little pricey for Mexican food in my opinion. I think the location has a lot to do with the prices. If it were located in a NOT so touristy area, I don't think they would be able to get that kind of $$ for what they offer. $20.00 for Carnitas tacos is ridiculous and they really are not much better than the mom and pop Mexican restaurant that has reasonable prices. $11.00 for a teeny, tiny margarita is just nuts too. People rave about the guacamole here. Hmmmm, not so special. About the only thing I thought was spectacular about it was that it was made fresh at your table. I have definitely had better though. Now their rice is another story, I thought it was absolutely delicious. Not typical Mex rice, awesomeSpecial Features:
- Gluten free goodnessRosaFansVIPDined on 6/8/2014We love Rosa Mexicano and started going primarily because they are very careful about gluten free meals. We would recommend it to anyone, though, as the food and service are terrific.Special Features:
- Tantalizing Flavors.EclecticDined on 6/6/2014My overall experience was outstanding enjoyed by the entire party. Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Good FoodIliketoeatDined on 6/5/2014Had the Carnitas Tacos. Very tasty. Excellent and original presentation. Rice and beans are served family style. The fresh salsa had a sour citrus flavor that I really liked. Drinks were good.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2014Great food, great ambiance, great date night place without the kids.Special Features:
- Will Return!EmilygmVIPDined on 5/25/2014Really enjoyed our meal here, very tasty and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Graduation DinnerLadyBrujanDined on 5/16/2014I like the fact that I was able to make the reservation on-line and make changes to it. They accommodated a group of 9 people and validated parking tix up to 2 hours. It was a good experience at a decent price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Experience!knightridermkDined on 5/11/2014I dine at Rosa Mexicano about once a month during basketball season and several times during the off season. This is by far my favorite restaurant and well worth the 90 minute one way drive from my home to the restaurant. Rosa Mexicano isn't your typical Mexican restaurant with food made by a cook. Everything they serve is 5 star quality and prepared by a Chef. The menu consists of modern interpretations of classic dishes as well as unique new dishes. The service is excellent. The staff are excellent. The food is out of this world. My personal favorite is the carne asada tacos with a pomegranate margarita. Try them for yourself, I guarantee you've never experienced anything them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too priceyPinkDined on 5/11/2014Food and service were good. Only thing that we did not like was the price. For the food you serve the prices were outrageous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchSCVgangsterDined on 5/11/2014Good food. Kid friendly. Decent noise level. The service was good. This was the second time we come here for Mothers Day Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!UnhappyCustomer777Dined on 5/10/2014The music in the background did not reflect the ambiance. The music was too clubbish. I was expecting something more cultural. Our waitress sent someone else to pour water and she got me wet and it was all over the table. She was pouring in a hurry and she left so quick I couldn't tell her. We just cleaned the mess ourselves. When it came to the tab, no folder was provided with it. I wasn't sure if I was expected to get up and pay for it myself. Not sure if I would return.
- Carne Asada Tacos!KevinVIPDined on 5/10/2014The carne asada tacos are out of this world amazing. Good compliment with the rice and beans. Great place to go before a game at Staples Center.Special Features:
- Rosa Rocks!AMLABABYVIPDined on 5/6/20143 of us dined at Rosa, our waiter, Merced, was a joy, fabulous service without being overbearing, clone him! The frozen pomegranate margaritas are delicious and packed a punch! Merced informed us that they now have frozen lime, mango and strawberry and gave us all a little taste tester of all three, sweet! The lime, was amazing tart and bright, mango was great, and surprisingly the strawberry was very good, not overly sweet. Now to the food, guacamole made to order with the freshest ingredients, fish tacos, they have crispy listed on the menu, but will do them grilled, deliciously grilled, short rib enchiladas, yum yum, the sauce was fabulous, the chicken enchiladas, super! We we so well taken care of, it was delightful. Amazing place!Special Features:
- Overrated!foodieDined on 5/5/2014We were told that Rosa Mexicano would be a great place to go for authentic Mexican cuisine. So we naturally made reservations on Cinco de Mayo. It was less than spectacular. The food was not authentic, but the waiter was, which turned out not so well. The noise level was deafening inside, but perhaps that was due to the DJ that was hired for the day (again Cino de Mayo). Luckily we sat outside, where it was very nice weather-wise. However, it faced the main road. The good thing about it, the Mango Chile Margarita was a pleasant surprise!!
- The following 635 reviews are from the Rosa Mexicano - Los Angeles reviews archive.
- Bite before the gametchrwenDined on 4/24/2014Kings game #4....made a reservation.....then traffic, uggg. Not sure what was the problem, just LA grid lock...I called the restaurant to let them know we would be late, they said no problem they would extend our reservation and hold the table. We arrived 45 min late and were still seated in 2 minutes. We had less time now to get to the game and the waitress was great. She took our order right away. The food was fantastic, the service was fantastic, and the game was fantastic!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageLuvD1D2Dined on 4/23/2014We came to Rosa Mexicano on the recommendation from a waiter in San Francisco. The decor is probably what sets it apart from other Mexican restaurants. Service was very good...food was average. The famous guacamole was average. Plenty of different tequilas if you are into exploring those. Great for big groups wanting just drinks and apps.Special Features:
- BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!underwhelmedVIPDined on 4/19/2014My BF and I decided to try this place out before the concert at Nokia. We were surprised by how quiet (and lonely) the restaurant was given all of the people and excitement in the LA Live area. Despite that, we decided to have dinner. Not much variety on the menu. Food was tasteless, service was TERRIBLE, items are OVER PRICED. The only less disappointing part of the experience was my margarita (but not the best!). Will NEVER waste my time here again!
- Pre-Clipper's gameOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/15/2014This was our second time at RM's. Enjoyed it just as much as the first. Good food & good service. Price is a little high for Mexican food but reasonable for the area (LA Live). I would recommend especially before going to Staples Center for an event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option at LA LiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/12/2014Delicious mexican food with great service. The guacamole justifiably has an outstanding reputation. Carnitas were great too and the design of the restaurant was beautiful with lots of energy from the patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor timingjakeDined on 4/12/2014Had diner April 12, at 4:45. Chips and salsa arrived soon and were very good. Waiter was slow getting to us after that. The main course arrived a few miinutes after the appitizer, much too soon. We sat with emply plates long, wating for the check much too long. All in all the food was ok, but the service was poorly timed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we were not waited on by a waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014The person assigned to our table was dressed like a bus boy. I loved the food but disappointed by the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service is always friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/4/2014The service is always friendly and there's a good selection of items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Staples Center, LA LiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014The quality of food here was excellent - Guacamole made fresh at your table, hand-made corn tortillas to accompany the soft tacos. A class joint, and the prices reflect the same. It is LA Live, after all, so expect to pay a premium. maragritas are $13. 2 drinks and dinner will set you back $50.00 plus. For Mexican food? When it is this tasty, you don't complain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and atmosphere wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014The food and atmosphere were great, service was a little slow. Now the place was packed with LA King’s fans and Jim Jefferies concert goers so we will cut them some slack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing guacamoleEricaVIPDined on 3/25/2014It's a little expensive for a Mexican meal, but the guacamole and pomegranate margaritas are worth if.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.