Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
61 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 2129777700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Tuesday - Friday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Sunday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Pedro Duarte
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, prix fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact Amira Gertz at 212.397.0666 x29 or email at email@example.com
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
Our highly anticipated second Rosa Mexicano location opened in July 2000. Just steps away from Lincoln Center, this impressive David Rockwell-designed space features a 30-foot iridescent blue tile water wall that spans both levels of the restaurant and is adorned with 240 miniature cliff divers. Here you’ll also find a dramatic “floating” staircase made of orange and red terrazzo slabs and backlit panels behind the bar embedded with rose petals. Awarded “Best Restaurant 2000” by Interiors Magazine, this unique, contemporary look ushered in a new era for us at Rosa Mexicano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center reviews from OpenTable diners
519 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (196)fit for foodies (176)neighborhood gem (174)special occasion (149)great for lunch (133)vibrant bar scene (96)hot spot (88)great for outdoor dining (87)kid-friendly (84)romantic (68)great for brunch (66)scenic view (55)late-night find (46)notable wine list (7)Show More
- Great food and really great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/31/2014Took a friend and her two teenage friends to the restaurant and while the great food was to be expected, we had such great service. Very friendly and attentive (I judge attentiveness by how often the waiter stops by and he checked in A LOT). This place has been a favorite of ours for a long time, and remains a great Lincoln Center meeting place. Don't miss the table-made guacamole, carne asada tacos, and pomegranate margaritas. All three our crowd favorites for a reason.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Tableside guacamole is amazing and the drinks and food are perfect :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A large groupKathDined on 8/30/2014There were 7 of us. It was a great meal for all with unhurried service. Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time--great food!loreyDined on 8/30/2014I had a delicious meal and all went well--good service and good food.Special Features:
- Mojito maniaJazzyCVIPDined on 8/29/2014Absolutely love their mojitos & guacamole!!! Delish !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBroadwayBobDined on 8/29/2014Rosa Mexicano is fun and delicious, tried and true, always great service.Special Features:
- Creative Food and DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014The guacamole is the best in NY, and the enchiladas are superb. The choice of drinks is also impressive. One of the best places to dine before attending an event at Lincoln Center.Special Features:
- chiquitaDined on 8/23/2014As always, the food was excellent, and the service was especially above and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think they've slipped a littleHappyeaterVIPDined on 8/22/2014This used to be one of my very favorite restaurants but they've made some changes to their menu and now it is quite overpriced (they charge extra now for things that used to be included). The food is still tasty, but I'm not sure its worth it as there are more upscale restaurants to dine in at this price point. It's also too noisy - they should try to work on the acoustics.
- Great pomergrante martiniangieDined on 8/22/2014Food service and food was good as usual. The steak taco was good. I will try the grilled chicken next cause I tried my friends and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion diningeatoutwstyleDined on 8/22/2014Atmosphere was beautiful . Service and food excellent. Great drinks. Did not rush us. Would definitely return.sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winning guacamoleSpangleNYCVIPDined on 8/20/2014We very much enjoyed dining here with friends: the noise level was acceptable and the food very tasty and basically reasonably priced. One can alter the spice level of the guacamole as desired with hot sauces on the side, important with 4 of us ranging from wanting it mild to very spicy. After many evenings of Italian and Chinese and seafood, it was an interesting and delicious change of pace to have Mexican which was beautifully presented and tasty. There is an increased sense of fun here too, because of the variety and range of dishes, with something for every taste.Special Features:
- We eat here every time we visit NYCkendraDined on 8/19/2014Eating at Rosa Mexicano has become routine for my coworkers and I. We are in NYC twice a year for the International NYNow gift fair (August and Jan/Feb) and we make a point of eating at Rosa every time we're in town (sometimes more than once per trip!). The menu was new and different this visit and I loved it. I ordered a trio of enchiladas and loved all of them. As always, the pomegranate margaritas were superb. I opted for dessert at this meal and was VERY happy with my choice! The chocolate and salted caramel icecreams I enjoyed were AMAZINGLY fantastic!! Yum!Special Features:
- Go for the guacamole!srslolDined on 8/19/2014Best guacamole ever. I had the 3 enchiladas and each was so unique with it's own sauce. Fantastic. Service is great, people are nice, and plan to return!
- No brunch menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014We have previously enjoyed brunch at Rosa Mexicano and planned to have brunch again on Sunday. However, we were very disappointed to find out that they had discontinued their brunch menu permanently. We were told that this was a corporate decision, and obviously not based on what the customers want. We will find another place in the area to have brunch in the future.Special Features:
- Dining treat!PattiDined on 8/16/2014This is one of the best dining spots on the Westside. Beyond professional service and the quality of the food is outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningHolaRosaDined on 8/15/2014We found Rosa Mexicana because of Restaurant Week. It was our first visit to this restaurant and we loved it! Our waiter was knowledgeable, charming and attentive. He explained the choices on the Restaurant Week menu to us very clearly. The food was flavorable and delicious. My flan dessert with espresso was yummy. The manager came over to ask us how we were enjoying our dinner. He too was gracious and welcoming. All and all this was a terrific dinning experience. Rosa Mexicana will be our "go-to" restaurant when we attend events at Lincoln Center!Special Features:
- Great food, great locationMannyDined on 8/14/2014Went for dinner with a friend. It was restaurant week and the menu looked good but we decided to go a la carte as we were not too hungry. The freshly made guacamole was excellent as always and we chose spicy to please our taste buds. We shared the Baja Tacos which came with rice, beans and corn. We additionally tried the creamed spinach and mushroom which was excellent too. I love Lincoln Square location as it fits a perfect evening plan of drinks at the Empire Hotel Rooftop in the evening with beautiful views, dinner at Rosa Mexicana followed by a little stroll at to the beautifully lit Lincoln Center with the dancing fountains. In all a beautiful evening!Special Features:
- DisappointedChrisDined on 8/13/2014I went on a reccomendation from a friend. I brought a special guest and was truly disappointed. I wish I had gone somewhere else.
- Fine Mexican restaurantalteredegoVIPDined on 8/12/2014Excellent choice in the Lincoln Center area. Excellent fresh guacamole made at the table, good margaritas, good entrees, fast service. They'll crank up the spice at this restaurant if you ask--many Mexican restaurants are quite bland otherwise. Well worth a visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hancy for Lincoln CenterCarolynBDined on 8/12/2014Service will get you briskly through a good dinner in time for your Lincoln Center show. The upstairs is quieter than downstairs, where the bar scene is quite noisy. We found it to be very cold and all 8 of us had to put our coats on, but we enjoyed the food.
- Restaurant Week FindSteve706WHLDined on 8/11/2014We were dining with friends who live in the area. We have eaten at Risa Mexican many times, but not during restaurant week. We liked having a choice between dessert and a cocktail. As always, the food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingWeLiveToEatVIPDined on 8/11/2014Incredible food Incredible service Incredible locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!UnstoppablecyDined on 8/11/2014I came here for restaurant week and absolutely loved their selection! The guacamole was made fresh right in front of you and it was awesome to see guacamole made from scratch. The food (shrimp cerviche for appetizer and skirt steak for entree) and drinks (special mojito and pomegranate margarita) were just perfect. The service was excellent and made our experience at the restaurant even more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome every timeMustGoDined on 8/11/2014I've only been to Rosa Mexicano twice but the food is GRAND! Everything is delicious especially the Salmon and Kale salad. I'm ready to go back quick fast :-)Special Features:
- LorrislootLorrislootVIPDined on 8/10/2014Drinks were not quite up to usual high standards, but the food and service was awesome. Only other issue is the hostess initially marked us a no show which opentable corrected.Special Features:
- Always disappointedSpennkeDined on 8/10/2014Expensive for mediocure food. Had never eaten at this location before, and was willing to give it another try during restaurant week; and somehow STILL paid more than the advertised price. Best to stick with it for special occasions (like the Chocolate Festival).
- went for restaurant week and triedNANADined on 8/10/2014Liked that with the selections you didn't have to choose dessert, could have a drink instead Guacamole was very good as was one of the entrees. The other was only fair. it was the ensalada cesaer to pollo and the chicken was dried outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa Mexicano Always PleasesSrShanleyDined on 8/9/2014We were there for my birthday on a Saturday night. Our reservation was honored with minutes of arrival. The obligatory guacamole was delicious as always, as were our meals. The service was on its game and we had a great dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014We took a freind who had never been there for her birthday dinner-- grand success. Such good food-- the guacamole made to our liking at the table, the wonderfully tasty quesadilla, the salmon, and-- perfect!-- the ice cream festival is on! Have the bunuelos rellenos with the divine churros. And of course, the pomegranate margarita is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another A++ Meal at Rosa's.HEF107Dined on 8/9/2014I never tire of eating at Rosa's and its a great place to eat when visiting Lincoln Center. Food and ambiance is amazing. Enjoyed their superior Fish Tacos. Loved how they were served in their won taco holders. Took two friends from Bergen County for their first visit and They loved it and promised to return. NEVER EVER PASS UP ON their table side made quacamole. It is the best. Can't wait for my next visit and to try a new dish.Special Features:
- Great food.FCG123Dined on 8/9/2014I have been to the restaurant a few times and the food always good. I also love the frozen margaritas. The blended ice is smooth and just the right mix of sweetness and alcohol. I wish I could have one right now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL!KenlauderdaleDined on 8/8/2014Just an all around great experience! Fantastic, authentic Mexican cuisine in a beautiful restaurant. The ever delicious at table made guacamole starts the night out right and the timely service will always keep me coming back. Absolutely delightful!Special Features:
- Great Service , Great FoodQuietdinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Outstanding Guacamole prepared table side. Nice varied menu. Drinks on the expensive side. The major negative is the noise level, even upstairs.
- The food was superb!!HersheyandFoodAllergiesDined on 8/8/2014We have food allergies (peanut, Dairy) and so glad we could eat there safely. Good choices, excellent food! We do wish there was one choice on the dessert menu for someone with egg and diary allergies (ie. egg free sorbet). That would be our only complaint. Sometimes the server forgot about us too.Special Features:
- Good EatsChristinaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Went on Restaurant Week lunch was amazing. Guacamole, chicken flaunt as and steak fajitas were amazing. Service was just as good. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- First sub-par experienceCarolMDined on 8/7/2014We have dined at Rosa Mexicano Lincoln Center multiple times, typically before a performance at Lincoln Center. As we were a bit short on time, we ordered the prix fix menu (NY restaurant week). We had a drink (pomegranate margarita), guacamole, cerviche and two orders of red snapper. The drink was great, as usual. The guacamole was outstanding, best we have had in quite some time. Cerviche was good. Red snapper was overcooked. Tasty, but somewhat charred. Service was good, although the snapper appeared before the cerviche which was the appetizer and snapper the main. We made it out on time for our performance, but the experience was not as good as we have had in the past. Typically RM gets a very good to outstanding from us.Special Features:
- Best food, service...EVERYTHING!YummyDined on 8/6/2014I had the most amazing time at the Lincoln center location. Our waiter, Anthony was so attentive and friendly. He made great suggestions and conversation. I wanted him to join out table! I any wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location! - Good food!lunchjunkyDined on 8/6/2014Very friendly hostess and staff. Sat at a window and enjoyed our selections on restaurant week menu. Loved the gelato dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive ServersEpicuriousDined on 8/5/2014Our server was super friendly, and courteous. It was my boyfriend and my first time dining here so we needed a few extra minutes to look over the menu. It took a bit for our appetizer to get to our table, but not too long, and he comp'd it for us. We definitely weren't complaining about that! The food was great, save the table behind us who were inebriated, but our experience was great nonetheless. Will definitely be coming back here!Special Features: