Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
61 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 2129777700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Tuesday - Friday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Sunday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Pedro Duarte
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, prix fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact Amira Gertz at 212.397.0666 x29 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
Our highly anticipated second Rosa Mexicano location opened in July 2000. Just steps away from Lincoln Center, this impressive David Rockwell-designed space features a 30-foot iridescent blue tile water wall that spans both levels of the restaurant and is adorned with 240 miniature cliff divers. Here you’ll also find a dramatic “floating” staircase made of orange and red terrazzo slabs and backlit panels behind the bar embedded with rose petals. Awarded “Best Restaurant 2000” by Interiors Magazine, this unique, contemporary look ushered in a new era for us at Rosa Mexicano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center reviews from OpenTable diners
478 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (202)fit for foodies (189)neighborhood gem (170)special occasion (144)great for lunch (126)hot spot (94)great for outdoor dining (92)vibrant bar scene (89)kid-friendly (70)romantic (66)great for brunch (61)scenic view (50)late-night find (44)notable wine list (9)Show More
- WHERE'S THE WAITERAprilMayVIPDined on 9/28/2014A Sunday lunch before the ballet. Our reservation for 4 was at 1pm; the ballet at 2pm. We ordered the 3 course specials promptly. The guacamole, delicious, and two Margaritas arrived fairly promptly. Half an hour later the salads were served. It took so long for our entrees to appear, after repeated inquiries, that we had to hurry through them, and were not able to finish the desserts that came with the meal. We ended up having to rush to get to our seats on time. We had to ask for the water glasses to be refilled. And the restaurant downstairs was definitely not filled with customers. Although the manager finally came to apologize, I could not recommend this restaurant and none of us would return, though the food was good .Special Features:
- Very good food -- service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was very good equivalent maybe just a notch below other top flight Mexicans we have been to in Chicago, LA, Albuquerque -- but very good indeed. The service on a busy night was slow and our main dishes arrived lukewarmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great tableside guacamole, good cocktails, rest of food good but not great. Reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Another Great Meal!MomdaughterduoDined on 9/27/2014My daughter and I had another wonderful pre-ballet meal at Rosa Mexicano! The guacamole and margaritas are consistently delicious and the quesadillas are the best we have had. They have a vibrant grill flavor with the right balance of meat and cheese. The service is attentive and we always leave feeling pampered and looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/25/2014As ever the waitstaff was warm, attentive, and very pleasant. While the food was not quite as delicious as that we had a month ago it was very good. The salmon was delicious and perfectly cooked; the quacamole made at tableside was terrific; the empanadas stuffed with crab were meh; the crepas con camarones were so good I want to go back and have them again soon.Special Features:
- dinnerbeforeballetDined on 9/25/2014As always Rosa Mexicano at Lincoln Center was excellent. I have been there several times and every dish I have ordered (usually a different one each time) has been delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014The food was not as good as I had hope for and certainly overpriced. I knew this coming in but went there because this is where my sister wanted to go. To top off the location at Lincoln Center does not do happy hour.
- Delicious mole.marpdxDined on 9/24/2014The mole in which the chicken enchiladas were served, was rich, dark, and delicious.Special Features:
- SandyVIPDined on 9/23/2014It was a little loud. It was hard for me husband and I to talk without seeming like we were yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Mexican near Lincoln CenterjenynyVIPDined on 9/20/2014I have eaten here many times over the years and it rarely disappoints. The table side guacamole is a must, and they ask you up front if you want it mild medium or spicy. I am kind of a freak for mole sauce, and the mole here is always good. The crab empanadas were cooked perfectly, and my niece's fish tacos were pretty perfect too. We had the churros for dessert, soft and warm with three great dipping sauces, and agreed we could have eaten tons of those instead of dinner. The wait staff is friendly, though it is always a little chaotic at the check-in desk, a little cramped in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolannDined on 9/20/2014Had a lovely dinner here Saturday - I always look forward to the food and it is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Mexican ComfortNorm4444Dined on 9/20/2014Our favorite Mexican west side restaurant. Excellent, attentive service; table-made guacomole with a smile from the guac maker. Excellent carne asada!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok foodTatizDined on 9/19/2014Drinks are great, however the food is not bad but is not great, is only ok. My husband had the jumbo shrimp dish served with rice which has a weird taste and texture. I had the mole enchiladas, good dish but I've had better. The mojitos and sangria are delish!!!!
- Exquisite MexicanYupankiDined on 9/19/2014This is for the people who have a taste for authentic Mexican food. The food goes a little beyond the usual Burritos and Enchiladas. If you order the Pomegranate Margarita, ask for it on the rocks or straight up.Special Features:
- Favorite Mexican RestaurantSheil31VIPDined on 9/19/2014This is our favorite Mexican restaurant. We dine here frequently. The margaritas and guacamole are the best. Any entrée one chooses is always delicious and plentiful. Desserts are terrific too. Can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Delicious...jrcliDined on 9/19/2014If you like spicy food. Hard to find anything to eat if you don't. Tableside guac was great and could be ordered without spice.Special Features:
- SheilaDined on 9/18/2014Rosa Mexicano is one of our favorites. Love the guacamole! The crab enchiladas were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another return visitavivac75VIPDined on 9/18/2014I love dining at Rosa... and Rosa loves me back! birthday coupons, free desserts, small gifts (e.g. salsa sent to me). I always come back, with the same friends, or bring other friends.. we love the guacamole at the table, and our appetizers are so delicious and so satisfying that there is almost no need for a main course. Keep doing what you're doing!Special Features:
- Always DependableEnigma1100VIPDined on 9/17/2014If you're good for a guaranteed excellent dining experience, make a reservation at Rosa Mexicano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableTime2eatDined on 9/17/2014We decided to go to Rosa Mexicano near Lincoln Center because we had tickets for the NY Philharmonic... We were able to eat outdoors since the weather was perfect for mid-September in NYC. The guacamole was terrific, as was the Sangria, and our entrees...two of us had salmon, two of us enjoyed the braised beef. My husband does not like spicy food but he was able to have the spicy sauce on the side, do he was very happy. Service was very good. All in all, we had a most enjoyable dinner.MJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gluten free foodglutenfreeDined on 9/13/2014Gluten free food very important for Celiac, very helpful manager on my last visit. Dr.DiNickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh noNancyDined on 9/12/2014This is my go to place when I am going to Lincoln Center. Unfortunately, I am now going to give it a rest for a while. The main courses for my friend and me were only fair to poor. She told me when we left that her food was awful and she wouldn't go back. The guacamole made at the table was as good as ever though.Special Features:
- great mexican restaurantneighbor2VIPDined on 9/10/2014The food is always fresh and good, the service is wonderful and there is a great vibe to the restaurant.Special Features:
- delightful as alwayshenrieNYCVIPDined on 9/10/2014Authentic regional Mexican food and wonderful margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland FoodCanadaPalmSpringsDined on 9/9/2014The ambiance and service was good but the food was bland. We had guacamole, queso fundido, fish tacos and carnitas tacos. Everything was okay but not much flavor. There is much better mexican food in the city for a lot less money.Special Features:
- Too Noisy!!!golightly66Dined on 9/8/2014The food is good but overpriced. The guacamole was very good but the portion too small for two people. About 5% of the tables are in a section of the restaurant that that be called reasonably quiet.
- great dining experience!oferbDined on 9/7/2014great food! good atmosphere. on the way out we booked a table for 3 days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday lunch!HappyEaterVIPDined on 9/7/2014I took visiting friends from Texas to lunch here. From the guacamole made table side to the shrimp tacos, we were all extremely happy. Perfect, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceKindSirDined on 9/6/2014The food was great. Delicious, well portioned, not too much, and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- always come back when I'm in town3kitskisDined on 9/6/2014World's best guacamole! Love the Carne asada tacos. Superb margaritas! Close to subway line. Columbus Circle. Beacon Theater. Central Park. What's not to like? Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AMAZINGAlexandVirginiaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food was divine!!! Flawless really! David the waiter was great, very pleasant and professional. Will go back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhYummo77VIPDined on 9/5/2014I'd go back to the bar for drinks and guacamole but that's it. Food just ok. Terrible service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Not the best place for a dinner meeting or to have an intimate conversation but the food, service and energy level is always great!Special Features:
- luvfood28Dined on 9/5/2014another good meal and fun tiem at Rosa Mexicana. The guac is always fresh. The margaritas are potent and enver watered down. a true mexican gemSpecial Features:
- Consistently outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Always great! Recommend the pomegranate margaritas, guacamole, carne asada tacos and the corn. Loved the fashion week special dinner because there were lots of entree options from the regular menu, not just the usual 2 or 3 choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationlavaDined on 9/3/2014Had a birthday dinner for daughter and everyone was please with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014We started with the guacamole, made fresh at our table....house specialty and delicious. All of our entrees looked beautiful and tasted even better. Our server answered all our questions. He offered entree suggestions for two of our guests, and they were more than satisfied with their meals. I highly recommend any of the house specialties, but the chicken kabob dish was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and really great serviceElKayDined on 8/31/2014Took a friend and her two teenage friends to the restaurant and while the great food was to be expected, we had such great service. Very friendly and attentive (I judge attentiveness by how often the waiter stops by and he checked in A LOT). This place has been a favorite of ours for a long time, and remains a great Lincoln Center meeting place. Don't miss the table-made guacamole, carne asada tacos, and pomegranate margaritas. All three our crowd favorites for a reason.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Tableside guacamole is amazing and the drinks and food are perfect :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A large groupKathDined on 8/30/2014There were 7 of us. It was a great meal for all with unhurried service. Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.