Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
61 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 2129777700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Tuesday - Friday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Sunday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Pedro Duarte
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, prix fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact Sophie Ball at 212.835.1740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events:
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
Our highly anticipated second Rosa Mexicano location opened in July 2000. Just steps away from Lincoln Center, this impressive David Rockwell-designed space features a 30-foot iridescent blue tile water wall that spans both levels of the restaurant and is adorned with 240 miniature cliff divers. Here you’ll also find a dramatic “floating” staircase made of orange and red terrazzo slabs and backlit panels behind the bar embedded with rose petals. Awarded “Best Restaurant 2000” by Interiors Magazine, this unique, contemporary look ushered in a new era for us at Rosa Mexicano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center reviews from OpenTable diners
494 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (216)fit for foodies (211)neighborhood gem (170)special occasion (145)great for lunch (123)hot spot (97)vibrant bar scene (87)great for outdoor dining (82)kid-friendly (69)romantic (63)great for brunch (57)scenic view (52)late-night find (41)notable wine list (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Homemade guacamole made to your liking right at your table, how could you not LOVE this place?!?!?! Dined with a group and everyone enjoyed their selection. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Surprisingly Goodlove2eatDined on 10/18/2014I was surprised at how good the food was. The guacamole was outstanding. Everyone in the group enjoyed their food and drinks. The waiter was attentive and quick considering it was a busy Saturday night. I would definitely recommend. It was a good ambiance for a birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Delicious meal, as alwaysNYCdinersVIPDined on 10/18/2014Loud, vibrant ambiance but service is excellent, guacamole is outstanding, food is very good, and altogether one of the most satisfying restaurants in the Lincoln Center area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but beware loud groupsFrancoSVIPDined on 10/18/2014I have been coming here for years but last Saturday may change all that. We were sat next to a group of what seemed the size of a tribe and clearly no one bothered to ever discipline or model good behavior for the children. The ran around, dropped things on the floor, banged into chairs of other guests while eating...and the adults were marginally better. The vocal chords must have been strained after all the loud conversation and shouting. The waiter did not to accommodate a move and the service in general was awful...clearly the tribe group demanded all the staff attention as well.
- Another return visitavivac75VIPDined on 10/18/2014This was our first time for dinner... and on a busy Saturday evening... very noisy, very lively, very crowded... but as always, good food/service -- I keep ordering the same almost every time.. their outstanding guacamole made at the table, the tortilla soup, and this time, we had churros for dessert (it was a gift from Rosa, who sent me a certificate to say thank you to me for my good reviews here/loyalty)Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We dine here often after New York City Ballet performances. The menu is varied, the food is we'll-prepared and presented ... Guacamole always prepared table-side, delicious molė on many different dishes. Service always top-notch with friendly servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014Fine for a change. I'm not that fond of the food. Convenient to Lincoln Center.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/17/2014I haven't been to a Rosa Mexicano location in a few years, and based on my experience at teh Lincoln Center location, I won't be going back any time soon. I found the Pollo Pibil uneatable. It was sent back and they tried again, and the second plate was every bit as bad as the first. Finally I settled for something else off the menu, fish tacos. frankly the fish tacos at Barclays Ctr are better,and the food at this chain is way overpriced.
- Stale ChipsPoshTeaTimeDined on 10/17/2014Came here to celebrate my Mom's and my Birthday, she loves the guacamole and their presentation of it (Excellent BTW!) Their service is great, always attentive. But the chips that came with the guac was just plain stale, and not tasty at all. Recommend that the restaurant switch to multi-grain chips, and place fresh ones as often as they can. That would be my only complaint. But the food was very good. PS they brought out a yummy brownie and ice cream dessert for my Mom and myself, and place a single rose on the table, made us feel special. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzieDined on 10/16/2014I LOVE the food at this location. The guacamole is so good. It is our favorite Mexican restaurant. The service was great. The food was totally enjoyed by the groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa Mexicano did not disapointrarelyreview42Dined on 10/16/2014We had a brief wait before our table was ready but everyone was very pleasant and we ended up at a terrific table where we had room for all our bags. There was also space between the tables so we didn't feel like we were on top of our neighbors. We had an energetic and friendly server and the food was excellent -- we had the famous margaritas, table-side guacamole -- the best chips ever! -- I had the veggie tacos -- (love brussels sprouts) and my friend had the chile poblano rellano and declared it to be wonderful. We finished with the churros, which we shared. And since we hadn't seen each other for a while we had lots to catch up on but we were not rushed or hovered over, which was a bonus.Special Features:
- DebbyDined on 10/15/2014Menu change was disappointing. The restaurant made a salad for us, but none was listed on menu. We like to know how spicy the dishes are. We had to ask the waiter about each dish we ordered. The short rib dish was a mistake. Too dry.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/12/2014Best guacamole ever! Great service. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Never disappointedTerrificDined on 10/12/2014The food is delicious and the staff are so friendly and accommodating. Love the guacamole!Special Features:
- great service. ..delicious foodmaddyDined on 10/12/2014The service was great! Food and drinks was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not an ordinary Mexican restaurantdeejayseaDined on 10/12/2014I usually don't have a good opinion of Mexican restaurants (or Mexican food in general), but Rosa Mexicano is an exception. Here the food is way above average, the alcoholic drinks are tasty, and the service is just fine. All four in our party were pleased with our meals, and the waiter was personable. We had a 5PM reservation on Sunday, and upstairs it was pretty quiet at that time. The room filled up as evening approached, but the noise level wasn't a problem.When we left about 6:45 and walked downstairs, it was a zoo. Wall to wall people and very loud. So if you go, I urge you to get a table upstairs. One minus is that I felt the portions were on the small size. Other than that, I'd recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyMimsieDined on 10/11/2014The food was absolutely wonderful! Yummo on the tableside guac.Special Features:
- viva mexicodrjoe71Dined on 10/11/2014Very good Mexican food with a nice menu. A whole lot better than the usual Mexican restaurants. It is a place we walk by every time we go to Lincoln Ctr but never thought of going in. Sorry we never did but glad we finally did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amiable Saturday MadnessHungryPoetDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant was filled to capacity during our Saturday lunch -- lots of families with children. Happily, the kids were well behaved and the generous distance between tables kept things sane. Our entrees were scrumptious and beautifully plated. The only disappointment was the guacamole, which is usually so wonderful at Rosa Mexicano. It was lumpy with too many onions and peppers and the avocado itself was not at the peak of ripeness.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/11/2014Always accomodating staff. Wush rhey wouls bring back the crab cake brunch dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regularmenuboy3Dined on 10/11/2014We always eat here when we go to Lincoln Ctr. Always an interesting take on Mexican food, and the 3 course prix fixe is an unbelievable bargain. Atmosphere is always comfortable, service always friendly and excellent.Special Features:
- Hubby bdayQueenBDined on 10/10/2014Our first time here. My hubby loves Mexican food. Food was delicious especially guacamole. Service was great. Nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrating tablemiltonbVIPDined on 10/10/2014Went to the Lincoln Center location for lunch on a Friday. Guacamole, tacos and enchiladas were excellent. Frozen pomagranate margarita didn't seem to have any alcohol. The service was a bit uneven. The busboy took my friend's appetizer plate away to make room for her entree but didn't take mine away. Nor did he take away the empty guacamole mortar. So our table was crowded with stuff we didn't need. I had to call over the manager or maitre d' to clear the table and he looked a bit annoyed. Not sure if he was annoyed at me or the bus boy. One last thing, I sat at a table right above the staircase and every so often it vibrated but no one seemed to know why it vibrated and actually they said that no one has ever mentioned it. ?????Special Features:
- Night at the OperaJLIPP3Dined on 10/9/2014We stopped in before the Opera the other night and had a VERY nice meal. The table-side prepared Guacamole dip was a nice touch and was very tasty. We had Baja Taco and Carne Asada Tacos for our meals. We would order them again.Special Features:
- RodneyVIPDined on 10/9/2014Across from Lincoln Center, so a good pre theater place. It is a very nice looking and quite large restaurant, and very busy early (we arrived at 5.30 and found it nearly full). Service and presentation excellent. I found the enchalidas a bit bland to my taste, my friend had taco which he enjoyed. Dessert excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOmaEDined on 10/9/2014Great guacamole, fun desserts, delicious appetizers and main courses.Special Features:
- Always excellentCMO1999Dined on 10/9/2014I brought a dear friend there for her birthday. I had let them know ahead of time. When they brought us to our seats, they put a rose on the table. At the end of the meal, they brought her a cake with a candle and then gave her a boxed gift on the house. Inside the box were two shots of tequila. Very creative and classy. The service as always was outstanding. The food was extremely tasty and well-prepared. One of my favorites is the tortilla soup. I have never been disappointed by Rosa Mexicano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good and always funnycdinerVIPDined on 10/7/2014Rosa Mexicano never disappoints. The guacamole made tableside is always fun, fresh, and good. The food is better and more interesting than most other Mexican restaurants. Great choice of magueritas. What's not to like?Special Features:
- A little overpricedinsizlaneDined on 10/6/2014The food was delicious, the service impeccable. But $14 for one avocado's worth of guacamole? Granted, the tableside preparation is fun. But that's still overpriced by about $10. The whole meal was pretty expensive for what it was, but we did have a great "special occasion" experience before going across the street to Lincoln Center for the opera. Save it for a splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is disappointingFoodieDined on 10/5/2014I went to Rosa Mexicano with a my family to celebrate my B'day. What a disappointment this time was. First of all the waiter was an order taker. Best part is the chips and guacamole. For the entrée, I ordered a pork shank which to me was so dry and tasteless. My wife had the ribs, she was not happy also (too fatty). No Manager was visible and waiter never asked us how's the food. this restaurant is no longer my favorite spot.
- Ottimo servizio, buona cucinaAlesabaDined on 10/4/2014Vicinissimo all'hotel del nostro soggiorno, offre una buona cucina messicana con una carta non troppo articolata. Ottimo il servizio, sempre attenti alle tue necessità e rapidissimi. Locale vivo e vivace, luce un po' troppo bassa per i nostri gusti. Consigliata la prenotazione. Ambiente curato, bella la vista sulla 8th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My review of Rosa MexicanaBostonnewbyDined on 10/4/2014My party and I dined here post half-marathon run! Guacamole was delicious and nutritious. Food was very tasty and drinks replenished our dehydration. Fun place. Thumbs up.Special Features:
- I love Rosa Mexicana but....NancyDined on 10/4/2014We usually sit upstairs and this time we were downstairs by bar. It was incredibly noisy and really hard to hear each other. This is no fault of the restaurant...just made our dining experience a 4 not a 5. As always, we were seated immediately with our reservation. Food was great of course - the Pollo Pibil was excellent. Service a bit slow - not the timing of food but taking of orders. No refills on water, etc. I know place was swamped but I guess we have come to expect a little more. That said, we will be back there next trip. It is still one of our favorite go-to pre Lincoln Center spots!! I would always recommend Rosa's to anyone...well, unless you like a quiet ambiance:)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Great place to have a birthday dinner or a special occasion. The food is fantastic and so is the location. The guacamole is a must! Will definitely be eating here again!Special Features:
- Fabulous waiterKathymac7Dined on 10/3/2014Our waiter was outstanding. He was so pleasant and helpful. He explained the entrees and made recommendations. He certainly added to our dining pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa always deliversYummyyyVIPDined on 10/2/2014The food here is consistent and top notch. It's hard for me to think of better Mexican restaurants in NY. The service can be a little slow here and there but they are friendly and happy to serve, so their attitude makes up for it. I'm a regular here and can't imagine that ever changing.Special Features:
- Convenient and ConvivialHarper500VIPDined on 10/2/2014The food is good, and it's across the street from any Lincoln Center venue! Not a typical Mexican restaurant because it has a New York City twist. Food choices are varied, and spice levels are varied. . The bar is busy and noisy but far from the main dining area. Downside -those stairs to the main dining venue! Not for the arthritic or feint of heart.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Guac and Margarita EverOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/1/2014I can't wait to go back there and eat another whole bowl of Guacamole and wash it down with the wonderful margaritas. Loved it!!!
- nice spotnicespotDined on 10/1/2014Rosa Mexinca is a beautiful upscale delicious Mexican restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A late quiet dinnerArtlyVIPDined on 9/30/2014In a nice calm setting with dimmed lights and Mexican decor, a warm and discreet welcome and perfect service. Starting with a 'made in front of you" guacamole and a perfect Margarita, had all the leisure to enjoy the drink with no rush. The entrees were excellent, well cooked (medium rare) red meat accompanied with sides of mashed beans and tortillas. After seeing Carmen at the Met, it was the best choice !Special Features: