Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
61 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 2129777700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Tuesday - Friday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Sunday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Pedro Duarte
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, prix fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact Amira Gertz at 212.397.0666 x29 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
Our highly anticipated second Rosa Mexicano location opened in July 2000. Just steps away from Lincoln Center, this impressive David Rockwell-designed space features a 30-foot iridescent blue tile water wall that spans both levels of the restaurant and is adorned with 240 miniature cliff divers. Here you’ll also find a dramatic “floating” staircase made of orange and red terrazzo slabs and backlit panels behind the bar embedded with rose petals. Awarded “Best Restaurant 2000” by Interiors Magazine, this unique, contemporary look ushered in a new era for us at Rosa Mexicano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center reviews from OpenTable diners
486 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (195)fit for foodies (179)neighborhood gem (173)special occasion (142)great for lunch (128)vibrant bar scene (93)hot spot (89)great for outdoor dining (87)kid-friendly (68)romantic (65)great for brunch (63)scenic view (47)late-night find (46)notable wine list (7)Show More
- gluten free foodglutenfreeDined on 9/13/2014Gluten free food very important for Celiac, very helpful manager on my last visit. Dr.DiNickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh noNancyDined on 9/12/2014This is my go to place when I am going to Lincoln Center. Unfortunately, I am now going to give it a rest for a while. The main courses for my friend and me were only fair to poor. She told me when we left that her food was awful and she wouldn't go back. The guacamole made at the table was as good as ever though.Special Features:
- great mexican restaurantneighbor2VIPDined on 9/10/2014The food is always fresh and good, the service is wonderful and there is a great vibe to the restaurant.Special Features:
- delightful as alwayshenrieNYCVIPDined on 9/10/2014Authentic regional Mexican food and wonderful margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland FoodCanadaPalmSpringsDined on 9/9/2014The ambiance and service was good but the food was bland. We had guacamole, queso fundido, fish tacos and carnitas tacos. Everything was okay but not much flavor. There is much better mexican food in the city for a lot less money.Special Features:
- Too Noisy!!!golightly66Dined on 9/8/2014The food is good but overpriced. The guacamole was very good but the portion too small for two people. About 5% of the tables are in a section of the restaurant that that be called reasonably quiet.
- great dining experience!oferbDined on 9/7/2014great food! good atmosphere. on the way out we booked a table for 3 days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday lunch!HappyEaterVIPDined on 9/7/2014I took visiting friends from Texas to lunch here. From the guacamole made table side to the shrimp tacos, we were all extremely happy. Perfect, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceKindSirDined on 9/6/2014The food was great. Delicious, well portioned, not too much, and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- always come back when I'm in town3kitskisDined on 9/6/2014World's best guacamole! Love the Carne asada tacos. Superb margaritas! Close to subway line. Columbus Circle. Beacon Theater. Central Park. What's not to like? Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AMAZINGAlexandVirginiaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food was divine!!! Flawless really! David the waiter was great, very pleasant and professional. Will go back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhYummo77VIPDined on 9/5/2014I'd go back to the bar for drinks and guacamole but that's it. Food just ok. Terrible service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Not the best place for a dinner meeting or to have an intimate conversation but the food, service and energy level is always great!Special Features:
- luvfood28Dined on 9/5/2014another good meal and fun tiem at Rosa Mexicana. The guac is always fresh. The margaritas are potent and enver watered down. a true mexican gemSpecial Features:
- Consistently outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Always great! Recommend the pomegranate margaritas, guacamole, carne asada tacos and the corn. Loved the fashion week special dinner because there were lots of entree options from the regular menu, not just the usual 2 or 3 choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationlavaDined on 9/3/2014Had a birthday dinner for daughter and everyone was please with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014We started with the guacamole, made fresh at our table....house specialty and delicious. All of our entrees looked beautiful and tasted even better. Our server answered all our questions. He offered entree suggestions for two of our guests, and they were more than satisfied with their meals. I highly recommend any of the house specialties, but the chicken kabob dish was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and really great serviceElKayDined on 8/31/2014Took a friend and her two teenage friends to the restaurant and while the great food was to be expected, we had such great service. Very friendly and attentive (I judge attentiveness by how often the waiter stops by and he checked in A LOT). This place has been a favorite of ours for a long time, and remains a great Lincoln Center meeting place. Don't miss the table-made guacamole, carne asada tacos, and pomegranate margaritas. All three our crowd favorites for a reason.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Tableside guacamole is amazing and the drinks and food are perfect :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A large groupKathDined on 8/30/2014There were 7 of us. It was a great meal for all with unhurried service. Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time--great food!loreyDined on 8/30/2014I had a delicious meal and all went well--good service and good food.Special Features:
- Mojito maniaJazzyCVIPDined on 8/29/2014Absolutely love their mojitos & guacamole!!! Delish !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBroadwayBobDined on 8/29/2014Rosa Mexicano is fun and delicious, tried and true, always great service.Special Features:
- Creative Food and DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014The guacamole is the best in NY, and the enchiladas are superb. The choice of drinks is also impressive. One of the best places to dine before attending an event at Lincoln Center.Special Features:
- chiquitaDined on 8/23/2014As always, the food was excellent, and the service was especially above and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think they've slipped a littleHappyeaterVIPDined on 8/22/2014This used to be one of my very favorite restaurants but they've made some changes to their menu and now it is quite overpriced (they charge extra now for things that used to be included). The food is still tasty, but I'm not sure its worth it as there are more upscale restaurants to dine in at this price point. It's also too noisy - they should try to work on the acoustics.
- Great pomergrante martiniangieDined on 8/22/2014Food service and food was good as usual. The steak taco was good. I will try the grilled chicken next cause I tried my friends and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion diningeatoutwstyleDined on 8/22/2014Atmosphere was beautiful . Service and food excellent. Great drinks. Did not rush us. Would definitely return.sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winning guacamoleSpangleNYCVIPDined on 8/20/2014We very much enjoyed dining here with friends: the noise level was acceptable and the food very tasty and basically reasonably priced. One can alter the spice level of the guacamole as desired with hot sauces on the side, important with 4 of us ranging from wanting it mild to very spicy. After many evenings of Italian and Chinese and seafood, it was an interesting and delicious change of pace to have Mexican which was beautifully presented and tasty. There is an increased sense of fun here too, because of the variety and range of dishes, with something for every taste.Special Features:
- We eat here every time we visit NYCkendraDined on 8/19/2014Eating at Rosa Mexicano has become routine for my coworkers and I. We are in NYC twice a year for the International NYNow gift fair (August and Jan/Feb) and we make a point of eating at Rosa every time we're in town (sometimes more than once per trip!). The menu was new and different this visit and I loved it. I ordered a trio of enchiladas and loved all of them. As always, the pomegranate margaritas were superb. I opted for dessert at this meal and was VERY happy with my choice! The chocolate and salted caramel icecreams I enjoyed were AMAZINGLY fantastic!! Yum!Special Features:
- Go for the guacamole!srslolDined on 8/19/2014Best guacamole ever. I had the 3 enchiladas and each was so unique with it's own sauce. Fantastic. Service is great, people are nice, and plan to return!
- No brunch menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014We have previously enjoyed brunch at Rosa Mexicano and planned to have brunch again on Sunday. However, we were very disappointed to find out that they had discontinued their brunch menu permanently. We were told that this was a corporate decision, and obviously not based on what the customers want. We will find another place in the area to have brunch in the future.Special Features:
- Dining treat!PattiDined on 8/16/2014This is one of the best dining spots on the Westside. Beyond professional service and the quality of the food is outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningHolaRosaDined on 8/15/2014We found Rosa Mexicana because of Restaurant Week. It was our first visit to this restaurant and we loved it! Our waiter was knowledgeable, charming and attentive. He explained the choices on the Restaurant Week menu to us very clearly. The food was flavorable and delicious. My flan dessert with espresso was yummy. The manager came over to ask us how we were enjoying our dinner. He too was gracious and welcoming. All and all this was a terrific dinning experience. Rosa Mexicana will be our "go-to" restaurant when we attend events at Lincoln Center!Special Features:
- Great food, great locationMannyDined on 8/14/2014Went for dinner with a friend. It was restaurant week and the menu looked good but we decided to go a la carte as we were not too hungry. The freshly made guacamole was excellent as always and we chose spicy to please our taste buds. We shared the Baja Tacos which came with rice, beans and corn. We additionally tried the creamed spinach and mushroom which was excellent too. I love Lincoln Square location as it fits a perfect evening plan of drinks at the Empire Hotel Rooftop in the evening with beautiful views, dinner at Rosa Mexicana followed by a little stroll at to the beautifully lit Lincoln Center with the dancing fountains. In all a beautiful evening!Special Features:
- DisappointedChrisDined on 8/13/2014I went on a reccomendation from a friend. I brought a special guest and was truly disappointed. I wish I had gone somewhere else.
- Fine Mexican restaurantalteredegoVIPDined on 8/12/2014Excellent choice in the Lincoln Center area. Excellent fresh guacamole made at the table, good margaritas, good entrees, fast service. They'll crank up the spice at this restaurant if you ask--many Mexican restaurants are quite bland otherwise. Well worth a visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hancy for Lincoln CenterCarolynBDined on 8/12/2014Service will get you briskly through a good dinner in time for your Lincoln Center show. The upstairs is quieter than downstairs, where the bar scene is quite noisy. We found it to be very cold and all 8 of us had to put our coats on, but we enjoyed the food.
- Restaurant Week FindSteve706WHLDined on 8/11/2014We were dining with friends who live in the area. We have eaten at Risa Mexican many times, but not during restaurant week. We liked having a choice between dessert and a cocktail. As always, the food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingWeLiveToEatVIPDined on 8/11/2014Incredible food Incredible service Incredible locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.