Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
61 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: (212) 977-7700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Tuesday - Friday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Sunday 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Pedro Duarte
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, prix fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact Sophie Ball at 212.835.1740 or email@example.com
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events:
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center
Our highly anticipated second Rosa Mexicano location opened in July 2000. Just steps away from Lincoln Center, this impressive David Rockwell-designed space features a 30-foot iridescent blue tile water wall that spans both levels of the restaurant and is adorned with 240 miniature cliff divers. Here you’ll also find a dramatic “floating” staircase made of orange and red terrazzo slabs and backlit panels behind the bar embedded with rose petals. Awarded “Best Restaurant 2000” by Interiors Magazine, this unique, contemporary look ushered in a new era for us at Rosa Mexicano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano - Lincoln Center reviews from OpenTable diners
501 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (235)fit for foodies (220)neighborhood gem (179)special occasion (153)great for lunch (112)hot spot (105)vibrant bar scene (77)kid-friendly (59)great for outdoor dining (59)romantic (57)scenic view (54)great for brunch (48)late-night find (42)notable wine list (7)Show More
- Excellent Food~Great LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014Great spot if you are going to a show at Lincoln Center. Food is fresh and delicious. Service excellent. Not cheap but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican food - large tablesN45STVIPDined on 11/22/2014We like Rosa and go to this location and the one near Union Square. Food is good and fresh, guacamole is always a favorite. This was a Saturday lunch and there were lots of families, and the tables are big so there is room to spare. Great choice near Lincoln Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for large groupscchang93Dined on 11/21/2014We went on a Friday night in a large group. We were seated pretty quickly since we had a reservation and they offered us their famous guacamole right away. The waiter took awhile to take our orders (he might have just had a lot of tables that day) but he was very nice and knowledgable about the menu. Everyone at the table loved the food we ordered, the drinks were on point, and the guacamole is the stuff of dreams. This is great, high quality Mexican food at a reasonable price. I would definitely come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an enjoyable experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/19/2014I don't understand how the guacamole is so good EVERY TIME. And the margaritas are such an elegant version of the cocktail. It's always a little loud for me. The servers are very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great but service - absolutely atrocious.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014We were upstairs - corner table - and routinely forgotten. No menus, then no drinks, then cleared table before we were done - we stopped that but then no one came back. For over 20 minutes. Over 10 minutes to be served two desserts and two teas. Had to beg for a check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No one is ever disappointed!IlonkaDined on 11/18/2014I bring family, friends, business assoicates and I know we are always assured excellent service, a surprise dish from the chef, and a most delicious meal! Thank you! IlonkaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great reliable Mexican food witih a twist.CCampbellVIPDined on 11/17/2014Great Great Mexican food.....very nice staff you cant go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Priced MexicanPanchoDined on 11/17/2014The Tex-Mex food is good but overpriced, catering to a clientele of Lincoln Center beautiful people. The best tables, near windows, are reserved for larger parties. Couples are seated in interior tables. Isn't that a kind of prejudice, against couples and solos, or is it just commerce, as usual?
- Fish tacos followed by churros....heaven!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Excellent as usual. I tried the fish tacos and they were yummy! Will definitely order them again. Every time I eat here I have to get the churros for dessert. You should never leave Rosa Mexicano without having Them with a hot chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGizarVIPDined on 11/15/2014Great food and service. Wonderful appetizers. Menu is compact and delicious.Special Features:
- bdeacyVIPDined on 11/14/2014Great for eating before attending events at Lincoln CenterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and delish!ALGCAGDined on 11/13/2014This is the third Rosa Mexicana location I have been to, and it is now my favorite. The decor is upscale, but the food remains consistently delicious, and the margaritas always pack a good punch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Lincoln Center RestaurantmyrthaDined on 11/12/2014Rosa Mexicano is my favorite restaurant whenever I attend events at Lincoln Center, which is often. The food is creative, flavorful, and beautifully presented, and I never tire of watching the preparation of guacamole table-side. The service is gracious, and my requests for a quiet table in the corner are always honored. It is a treat to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/9/2014Has an amazing selection of tequila and the tableside guacamole is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014rosa mex is always a hit.....the food is very good...i grew up on the mexican border so i know the real thing....plates could have been a bit hotter when the came out of the ktichen but otherwise it was very tasty as always.....the waiters are attentive which is tough when the place is jammed as it was the night we went....we will be back in mid december for another ''rosa mex fix''Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but not up to the hypeBrooklynreviewerDined on 11/7/2014I enjoyed the food here but found it to be mostly OK and not really better than many other cheaper Mexican restaurants. I would certainly go back one of these days but would be in no rush. The food is fine but hardly refined, in my opinion. You can get just as good cheaper and with a bit less pretentiousness.I would recommend this to a friend.
- rosareviewDined on 11/5/2014Waiter was great we enjoyed our meal. Only wish was to have more variety of less spicy foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guacamole was awesometravelingsueDined on 11/5/2014Enjoyed dinner--food was great!!! and the mosiac wall was so attractive. Noise level was just on the "brink"--but didn't quite get to the point that you had to raise your voice. Felt a bit like I was looking for our server more than I should have...when they came--they seemed frazzled--which was interesting given that when we ordered, the restaurant wasn't full. But, after our order was placed, the service "settled in" ...Special Features:
- Mexican haute cuisinePatsyVIPDined on 11/5/2014We started off with the tableside preparation of guacamole, which was excellent. Our lunches were ample and well-presented. We have only one objection: the ladies room is upstairs, and to take an elevator up one must actually leave the restaurant and go outside to the next buildingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner of the week!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Food was amazing and reasonably priced. Can't beat the margaritas, either! A perfect night out!Special Features:
- Great Mexican in good locationSeattleFoodieDined on 11/2/2014We went to dinner here to celebrate finishing the NYC marathon. It was definitely a great spot. The service was wonderful, the guacamole made at our table amazing, and the margaritas superb. We will be coming back again.Special Features:
- Marathon Hot SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2014Our second year here, and the food is amazing. Our server was outstanding! He made some great reccomendations!Special Features:
- Delicious Day of the DiningSrShanleyDined on 11/1/2014Our trip to Rosa Mexicano to celebrate the Day of the Dead was wonderful, as usual. The service was great, and the items from the special holiday menu were delectable. We look forward to our next trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a pre-opera mealstuffmyfaceDined on 11/1/2014Right across the street from Lincoln Center, Rosa Mexicano is one of the best restaurants in the area, with very reasonable prices. It's also spacious and very efficiently run. We were seated on time, and waited on quickly. Be sure to try the guacamole specials.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014Perfect for pre-Lincoln Center events. Service wonderful and attentive. Dishes original and well-prepared but no one dish stands out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, service and menu.3fromPhillyDined on 11/1/2014We come here about 4 times per year and the staff always welcome us back. The food is fantastic, especially the Carne Asada was terrific. We will continue to come back as often as we can.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodlovetoeatDined on 11/1/2014We love the food and drinks at Rosa. The service was exceptional! A little noisy at times but we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, Authentic Mexican CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014Rosa Mexicano on Second Avenue in the fifties has long been a favorite. Having traveled in Mexico extensively as a company manger for major dance companies, I never found total fulfillment in Cal-Mex nor Tex-Mex, tho they may have their own Americanized spin on the cuisine. The Lincoln Center Rosa Mexicano is even better than ever in their exquisite dishes, from the guacamole (always with the secret ingredient, cilantro) to their churros (as good as any I ever had in Spain) with guajillo/raspberry (unique to RM), chocolate and caramel dipping sauces. The other appetizers and numerous entrees are equally delectable. And the decor is an updated and fresh version of the elegant Mexican supper clubs of yore. The service is impeccable. Bravo!Special Features:
- dhbrooklynDined on 10/27/2014The chef designer seems to be on a mission to upgrade what New Yorkers think of Mexican food. You will find all the chiles and moles but they are combined with a deft master's touch to transform ordinary food into high cuisine of unexpected depth and surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodAa29VIPDined on 10/26/2014We dine here often - food is consistently good, interesting drink menu, great service and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HostDined on 10/25/2014Everybody loves the fresh guacamole. Braised short ribs overdone, other two meals were nice.
- Was my go-to favorite...loyaltomyfavsVIPDined on 10/25/2014Whenever in NYC, I HAD to come here. I think I'm over it. Food was room-temp. as if it had been sitting. Dry and tasteless. I've talked about how much I love this place for years, but it seems to have gone downhill.
- Best Mexican in NYanonVIPDined on 10/24/2014While Rosa is the best Mexican restaurant in NY, it's also the loudest.
- Great guacamole and good destination for a group.MargotDined on 10/24/2014I am a big fan of the food at Rosa Mexicano and it is an easy place for a weekend reservation for a larger group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncomfortable dining for seniorsDiner78Dined on 10/24/2014The service is good here, but the restaurant is extremely noisy and also so dimly lit that it is virtually impossible to read the menu.Special Features:
- College senior/NYC residentCarolDined on 10/23/2014Rosa Mexicana is one of my favorite resturaunts in Manhattan, it's fairly priced, delicious, and a beautiful ambiance. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Margaritas and moleNotasoccermomDined on 10/22/2014The food was amazing, as was the service, and most importantly the margaritas. Started with the table side guacamole and had the carne asado, tender and perfectly spiced. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Opera DinnernycfoodiesarahDined on 10/22/2014Great guac, amazing frozen margaritas, fresh food, incredible meal. Very pleased.Special Features:
- always delivers a good mealfoodiefanDined on 10/20/2014took 5 friends here all visiting from out of town and we all loved it. the guacamole made at the table is always a hit.Special Features:
- Jan618Dined on 10/19/2014Homemade guacamole made to your liking right at your table, how could you not LOVE this place?!?!?! Dined with a group and everyone enjoyed their selection. Will definitely go back!Special Features: