Rosa Mexicano - Brickell
900 South Miami Avenue #161
Mary Brickell Village
Miami, FL 33130Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rosa Mexicano - Brickell
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 7864251001x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Monday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Tuesday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: James Cawley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Regardless of your party size, Rosa Mexicano is the perfect venue to offer your guests a creative, upscale experience that few restaurants can match. We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact our Catering Manager, Sophie Ball for more details at 212.397.0666 x40 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR AT CANTINA BAR | DAILY, 4-7 pm
Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
- Cross Street: Between SW 9th and 10th Streets
- Public Transit: Brickell Metrorail station is immediately adjacent to Mary Brickell Village. The station also offers Metromover service.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Mary Brickell Village also offers valet parking in front of the restaurant as well as a parking garage. There is limited on-street metered parking as well.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Brickell
Our Florida location is in downtown Miami at Mary Brickell Village. The restaurant’s design creates a festive environment with bold, vibrant colors and features a tortilla-making station in the dining room as well as a dynamic 15-foot water wall with a legion of Acapulco cliff diver figurines. The outdoor bar and lounge offers an oasis in the middle of downtown, complete with a front row seat to the emerging neighborhood's activity. Whether you’re dining inside or out, the experience is exclusively Rosa Mexicano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano - Brickell reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)great for lunch (13)special occasion (11)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (10)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (7)romantic (7)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- high end mexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The enchiladas and guacamole were excellent. The margaritas were fantastic. Excellent menu selections and the three course for $30 was excellent tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This restaurant was gorgeous and I especially loved the waterfall installation. Also, our servers were very friendly and attentive. The food and drinks were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not up to parChrisDined on 9/13/2014Last time I was there the food was very good. This time not so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthday dinnersjeaves2Dined on 8/18/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday with the family at a favorite spot. Service was great. Guacamole was great.Special Features:
- mexicanisimoDined on 8/16/2014I was very pleased to visit Rosa Mexicano with my wife on saturday nite, excellent place very good service and dinnerSpecial Features:
- RVReviewDined on 8/14/2014Waiter was extremely pleasant and very helpful. We were a large group (9). Food wasn't so good... it was served cold.Special Features:
- great!!!!!bittigerDined on 8/10/2014great place to eat anytime of the day!!!! will return I wish I had one closer to the houseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuacamoleWilliamDined on 8/1/2014Fresh guacamole to start is always a favourite, but the 'special' fresh guacamole ice cream to finish was inspired and interesting - very unusual and really grew on me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa Mexicano2luvtoeatDined on 7/26/2014Great service, friendly staff! Table made guacamole was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible foodlubtodine234Dined on 7/20/2014The food was the worst part of our night is too over-priced and the quality was is not good. They surprise you with the guac which is 26 dollars but the rest of the food they serve doesn't match up to the price. Not going to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- DinnerDinnerDined on 6/20/2014Guacamole was amazing and queso was also very good. Main dishes just okay very dry and bland.Special Features:
- Good, midrange Mexican fooddevnullDined on 6/18/2014- This is not street-stand taco deliciousness, nor is it high brow cuisine. Rosa Mexicana fits somewhere in between. - Service is attentive, but there's a clearly a disconnect somewhere. Out of the dozen or so times I've been making sure to ask for "no sour cream" I'd honestly estimate that 80% of the time my meal comes with the stuff slathered on top anyway. It's to the point where I pretend that I forgot I already told the server 2-3x times to not put sour cream on any of the dishes when ordered. It's awkward, but not as awkward as turning away the kitchen runner immediately for the 8th time. - Food is solid. - A bit pricey for what it is, but there's not any great alternative.I would recommend this to a friend.
- vickyDined on 6/7/2014great service and good food. The ambience was very invitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, but priceyJustJeffDined on 6/5/2014Excellent Mexican food from a somewhat limited menu. The drinks are outstanding and help you forget that Mexican food should not be this expensive. Atmosphere is great and service is super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SebpDined on 6/3/2014Food was excellent as usual. Change of menu constantly makes this an even wonderful place to visit. Not to mention the outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Great foodRALSDined on 5/29/2014Rosa Mexicano is the best Mexican-style food you can find around. If you like this kind of food you can't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomefoodiemiamiDined on 5/24/2014Great food and even better service. Was very impressed with our waiter and there was a nice ambience for my date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa mexicanaTontayDined on 5/24/2014We dined in the bar area during happy hour. Great good and atmosphere. Our bartender Romina was very engaging telling us about the neighborhood & very attentive to our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 518 reviews are from the Rosa Mexicano - Brickell reviews archive.
- Open TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014I did not receive any points for this reservation. Why?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placelovelyDined on 5/11/2014I really love this place. The food is great, the scenic view is great, and the margaritas are fire. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funLuvneetsDined on 5/10/2014Really upscale feel but the staff make you feel right at home. Very accommodating to us vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So fresh and deliciousAlileoDined on 4/27/2014All the good is amazing at Rosa Mexicana, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually betterAimToLaughDined on 4/15/2014It was crowded and busy - our service was terrible, food was delicious (it always is) - chips were too salty.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Awesome food, get the spicy guacamole one of the best in the world. Service is great, nice area.Special Features:
- Great find in BrickellWoodyDined on 3/13/2014Great evening at Rosa Mexicano. Food was fresh, authentic and creative. Our waitress (her first week on the job) was also terrific--very attentive and helpful. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodSunilDined on 3/10/2014Terrific food, great service, efficient and effective preparation! Just the right pace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's alrightJcgirlDined on 3/5/2014Food was good. Host was great, but waiter looked annoyed during the first half he serves us. Don't know what happened but he changed his mood for the better during the second half. Sangria was ok. I was expecting guacamole to be better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindBuddyIsraelDined on 3/1/2014Great place, the Avocado and tortilla chip appetizer is out of control....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelciousSkindyDined on 2/22/2014The food was GREAT! Super fresh ingredients. Portions were moderate, a bit pricey for what you get, but great atmosphere and wonderful sangria!Special Features:
- Awesome!!!FoodieDined on 2/17/2014This restaurant met all of our expectations and the service was great. The managers take a moment to come greet you and cater to your needs. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great menu and food for an unbelievable price!! We missed our reservation on valentines day due traffic and they had no problem finding us a seat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Upscale ServiceCliffy55Dined on 2/14/2014Service was very good until the end, then our waiter became scarce (perhaps assigned too many tables). The food was unique and quite good (not extraordinary) until dessert--which was undercooked, doughie churros. When we told them about it, they were quite quick at making amends (brought an alternate dessert and comped coffee). They had a Valentines Day Prix Fixe which included a good variety and ample portions. We thought it was a little cheeky that they suspended their normal happy hour which was advertised on-line and by menus on the tables in the bar (we arrived early just to have a happy hour cocktail). They removed the menus after they refused us happy hour drinks--poor show. All in all a pleasant experience and we would go back.Special Features:
- Service, food lackingBrickellDined on 2/8/2014Service was extremely poor - long waits for drinks, food order, water and chip refills, etc. despite restaurant being less than 1/4 occupied. Witnessed several instances of staff socializing in groups of 7 or 8 while customers were waiting for attention. Food about what you'd expect at a strip mall Mexican chain restaurant. Disappointing. Salsa and "fresh" guacamole basically tasteless. Got charged for a double order of guacamole when bowl brought to table was 1/2 full. Guacamole was presented with large chunks of avocado and un-chopped cilantro leaves. Management needs to seriously counsel their staff on what customer service means. Avoid this location.
- Very enjoyable DinnerTbonewillyDined on 2/6/2014We sat outside, the food was excellent as well as the service.Special Features:
- Authentic Mexican with styleKathiDined on 2/3/2014This Miami outpost of the original NYC Rosa's is on par, in every way. Attentive service and an authentic flair. Love the Table-side Guacamole?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and drinks were veryMsSobeBlingDined on 2/1/2014Food and drinks were very good. Loved the Guacamole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Ambiance BrickelSebpDined on 1/22/2014We tried to test out the best on the menu. So we ordered Ribs and Pork shank - and both came out excellent. Also noted were drinks - once we instructed the waiter how we wanted our drinks they came out exactly as requested. Key here is to make sure you instruct waiter/waitress as to how you want your food, spicy, drinks well done, etc.... and that's how it will show up. If you fail you cannot complain about the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal and service so farJohnieDined on 1/18/2014Been here many times and had the best meal and service so far. I told the server we were not in a hurry and he listened. We had good food and wine and spent a very pleasant 2.5 hours.Special Features:
- reliable in any cityescateiDined on 1/16/2014I've dined at Rosa Mexicano in NYC, DC and now Miami. Table side preparation of guacamole is a reliable treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a FavoriteCuteCounselorDined on 1/12/2014The recent menu changes took away our favorite foods! And, how can you change the salsas? What is going on with the franchise? We loved this restaurant in NY and couldn't have been happier to have our very own Rosa in Miami but ehh... was never as good and gradually getting worse too.Special Features: