Rosa Mexicano- Boston
155 Seaport Boulevard
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rosa Mexicano- Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 6174766122x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Friday: 11:30am – 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ismael Garduno
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Regardless of your party size, Rosa Mexicano is the perfect venue to offer your guests a creative, upscale experience that few restaurants can match. We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre-fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'oeuvres, etc. We also offer off-premise catering for groups of all sizes. For Large Party Reservations, please contact Amy Mateo at email@example.com or 617.476.6122 for details.
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly for more information.
- Special Events: Enjoy our El Menu de Cantina at the Cantina Bar- Daily, 4-7pm . Half price appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
A word from Rosa Mexicano- Boston
In 1984, Rosa Mexicano set a new standard for Mexican cuisine when it first opened in New York City. Playing a leading role in defining what was then a "new" cuisine to American diners, Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible, stylishly festive atmosphere. Rosa Mexicano"s menu features a range of award-winning signature dishes, including our Guacamole en Molcajete, prepared in a traditional lava rock mortar. Described by Time Out New York as "green ecstasy in a stone bowl," it is prepared tableside and served with house made chips, warm corn tortillas and condiment salsas. Rosa Mexicano is also known for the Frozen Pomegranate Margarita, as well as the stylish and festive ambiance that includes the 15 foot water wall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano- Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (59)great for outdoor dining (42)fit for foodies (35)great for lunch (23)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (23)neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (19)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (12)romantic (10)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/23/2014Good Mexican food and service. Don't miss the table side made guacamole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun place to dine and drink!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 10/15/2014Loved the guacamole, prepared table side which is always a nice touch. Food was mediocre at best, but next time will definitely order the short ribs over the shrimp, the boy had them and they had a ton of flavor while the shrimp were tough and tasteless. The drinks set this place apart, awesome for tequila fans! I will be back for the margaritas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican ValuePtownBoyzVIPDined on 10/10/2014We arrived a little early for lunch and the host was most friendly to get us to sit inside to get out of the cold. The waiter Geo was most friendly and provided excellent service. He did recommendations between items and was spot on for making excellent choices. The flavors were excellent and clean & very fresh. Only wished we had ordered the guacamole since we saw if being made tableside. The salsa that arrived was very freshly made and the items chosen were the pull pork fajita, my ceviche fish tacos and a huge dish of delicious plantanos. Wow! With drinks, chips & salsa, two lunch items, and the plantanos, all for a very reasonable price! It had excellent decor and excellent service and top quality food. Great job!Special Features:
- Some good, some badOxfordLadyVIPDined on 10/5/2014We both loved the Tortilla soup and the chips and salsa, but our main courses were lackluster. I had high hopes for the margaritas -- they had quite a variety -- but, again, they were just so-so. We were expecting something more imaginative and perfectly executed. What we got was an uneven, overpriced, forgettable meal.
- DeliciousCBARDined on 10/3/2014Among one of my favorites. if your looking for real authentic Mexican Food, don't look any further because this is the place you have to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceMexiholicDined on 10/3/2014First time at Rosa and took advantage of their Anniversary Dinner Special. 3 course meal, $30 per person. Mole was the best I ever had. Empanadas were a little soggy but that was the only issue. Also would suggest serving Queso Fundido in a heated bowl or fondue dish to allow it to be enjoyed before the cheese cools and solidifies. Had great service and desert was sublime. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST table-side guacamole!SeafoodLoverDined on 10/1/2014I went with a group for lunch on a weekday. The service was wonderful and the food was delicious! Everyone enjoyed their meal (I had the fish taccos), but everyone absolutely raved about the guacamole which was prepared fresh table side. Couldn't be better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service and atmosphere!KateDined on 9/26/2014Great food, great service, we sat outside which was much more quiet and pleasant for conversation. Overall great experience. Get the homemade guacamole and plantains!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale and Pricey MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Nicely decorated restaurant in the Seaport area but too noisy for my taste. Also pricey -Bill for party of 4 with only two rounds of Margaritas, one appetizer and 1 desert exceeded $200 with tip.
- Excellent food and service.PetitefitgirlDined on 9/20/2014This was our first time dining here and it was for a special occasion. Everyone from the hostess to the manager went out of their way to make us feel special. Besides the service, the food and drinks were amazing. Looking forward to going back soon, and I already know what I will order for dinner lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LacklusterSomervilleFoodieDined on 9/19/2014We had a deal for a prix fixe menu, and upon telling the server, he was visibly annoyed. This was the first time we were trying the restaurant and this set the tone for the rest of the meal. I told the server that someone in our party has a severe seafood allergy, and wanted to make sure that anything we ordered was going to be safe. At first, the server seemed bothered by this, too. Much to our surprise, he catered the prix fixe menu to our dietary needs and even told us that whole meal was being prepared on separate work surfaces to make sure no seafood touched the meal. We had high hopes for the food, which unfortunately was bland and cold. The drinks and the view were great, but I don't think we will be back.Special Features:
- Fun atmospherenegalDined on 9/12/2014I made reservations for my family while attending a conference in Boston. It was walking distance from our hotel which was very convenient. The guacamole and drinks were very good. Our only issue was with our waiter who was minimally attentive at best and who left us waiting to pay for an usually long time. There were several groups and it seemed like a fun place for a group dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food and drinkskglueDined on 9/12/2014We sat outside which was really nice - it's not a secluded patio so there is foot and car traffic that comes by but it's not really noticeable. The food is really good. The tableside guacamole is good but a bit pricey for the amount that you get. And if you sit outside, apparently it's not really made tableside. A good drink selection - though the white sangria is a bit different from your standard ones and was not particularly enjoyed. The margaritas were good though and they have a good tequila and mezcal selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/9/2014It was downhill after the guacamole! Was so excited to finally try this place out and was so disappointed. Food was subpar at best as well as service.
- DisappointedFoodiePlusVIPDined on 9/6/2014Went used a Living Social deal 2 for $49.00 Rosa Mexicano Taco Dinner for Two: Tableside Guac, Mahi Mahi Tacos, Two Regional Taco Trios, and Churros. The guacomole was terrific. Everything else was just ok. Not worth going there for.
- highly recommendmagpiebostonDined on 9/6/2014We had a great time before a show at thr Pavilion. Staff was awesome, attentive and the food was delicious! Food allergy friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a breakmarionbrooklineDined on 9/4/2014We had a late lunch on the patio. The space was shaded and comfortable. The service was absolutely superb. The guacamole lives up to the hype and my white sangria was refreshing. The food itself was so-so. The specialiity coffees were delicious.Special Features:
- worth a trysteveVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great location and great food, deff worth a try. The Fish tacos and the side of corn were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of 9SMyrieDined on 8/26/2014We had our pre labor day kick off at Rosa's before we headed to Los Cabos Mexico--- the staff and food never seems to fail us and the hostess was so flexible with our group. Thank you!Special Features:
- FridaynightlightsVIPDined on 8/26/2014The guacamole and the location are the only redeeming features. Fish tacos looked and tasted like frozen fish sticks. Server forgot about a drink order then brought it with the check! We have been here twice and have been disappointed both times. Never again.
- Not True to FormEatingoodDined on 8/24/2014Left the restaurant after 30min. Drinks were good, service, food, what we had, were not good. We took a table on the patio. After we sat, we were told that table side Guacamole was not offered on the patio, the reason we came. We decided to stay on the patio and ordered the Guac to be made in the kitchen. They ran the wrong to order to us, Way To Spicy, then found our order, we had requested extra cilantro. The worst Guac I have ever had, hands down. No flavor AT ALL! My wife is in the industry, 20yrs. We both know when an experience isn't going to get better, but worse. So, we left. Waiter was nice, but not good. We had only 1 water glass on the table the entire time and remained unfilled til 5min before we left. Not going back.
- Lincoln Center at SeaportLove2EatOutVIPDined on 8/23/2014I've gone to their Lincoln Center location for years. So glad they are in Boston - the waterfall/wall is signature. 1. Guac is divine! 2. Margarita's - you can't go wrong with any of them 3. Inventive options - has the standard but also some great new dishes 4. Wish they did something with Mole sauce, maybe in the fall. Indoor seating would be very difficult due to the poor acoustics. It is a vibrant scene but if I were the manager I'd ask by decorator to come back to install better tiles to muffle the VERY LOUD sound.Special Features:
- Truly Fine DiningJonfromtheBurbsDined on 8/22/2014Most people probably don't think of Mexican food as a fine dining experience, but this place shows that they certainly can go together. We shared chicken flautas and I had the short rib beef enchiladas - both fantastic as well as the accompanying rice and beans. The chips, salsa and guac are also top notch. We were recommended a new drink on the menu made with blood orange juice, some other muddled fruits and tequila and they were great! Our waiter also sent over a complimentary dessert plate for us to share which had fried vanilla and caramel ice cream and sugar and cinnamon coated churros which were delicious! I will definitely be back to this place. This was my second visit and both times my meals were great!Special Features:
- Good and fast lunchKellyIVIPDined on 8/19/2014Service was attentive, food was creative and good. I would go back for lunch or dinner when I am back in the area.Special Features:
- What a find- FABULOUS!LCWobDined on 8/15/2014Hands down the best tableside guacamole I've ever had. Very friendly staff, delicious food, rice and beans served family style. Went with both a friend and liked it so much went back with my kids 2 days later. Highly recommended (and I am picky about Mexican food). Also, amazing sauces and sangria.Special Features:
- Delicious Empanadas !MarthaVIPDined on 8/13/2014I tried the chicken tinga empanadas and they were delicious. My server Marquis was very nice and helpful.Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceRalquikDined on 8/9/2014My date and I were impressed with the ambience of the restaurant. The food and drinks we ordered were delicious. Unfortunately, our waiter (784) was very unattentive. It was as if he forgot we were even there, as he passed our table several times without checking in on us. We had to flag him down just to get our bill. It's a shame when poor customer service ruins your dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good but loudKatyDined on 8/8/2014The food and service were great but the dining room was very loud and echoed. Definitely have the guacamole. Also, in my reservation, we requested an outdoor seat but when we got there were told they don't reserve for outside.
- a very long lunchfoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2014Food was great, but it took 90+ minutes for lunch. Our server seemed attentive, but the kitchen seemed to be the problem
- Refreshing changeStatisticianDined on 8/3/2014After eating at numerous seafood places in the area, Rosa's was a nice change. Marvelous guacamole, great service, a delicious, wide choice of entrees, Rosa's is a place I will return to during my brief stay in Boston's Seaport area. Friends went for dessert only late in the evening and plan to return for dinner as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing; not like NYC versionBeantown999Dined on 8/3/2014My wife and I were quite disappointed. We are huge fans of their NYC restaurants and assumed boston would be the same. The food wasn't as good, even the guacamole which you'd assume is simple, and the service (in the bar area) was very poor. Hostess very nice. Server (again in the bar area) was beyond pathetic. A lot of great places in Boston, where they'll work hard for your money. This isn't one of them. Our advice: Go someplace else.
- Muy Good!XavierVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is my first time going to RM in Boston and though they don't have some of the drinks the original has in NYC, it is still very good! The guac always a winner and same with the queso fundido but boy make sure to run for a wk. The skinny margarita packs a punch even if it's supposed to be lighter than her full strength sister. If weather permits get outside sitting as it makes for a better experience. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth another shotMap5Dined on 7/30/2014Had a great time dining outdoors at the Boston seaport location. The salsa, guacamole, and shrimp ceviche were the best part of the meal, with the main courses (budin de pollo and shrimp alhambra, 3 enchiladas) coming in second. Perhaps just need to try something different the next time. The most disappointing were the margaritas. We tried 4 different kinds, including their signature drink, and all were disappointing. But the service was excellent so look forward to trying Rosa Mexicano again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guacamole heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2014You must have the tableside guac when you go to Rosa Mexicano. We got a double order because there were 5 in our party and i eat enough for 2 people. Fabulous service, incredible meal and always reliable. You can always count on a great experience at Rosa Mexicano.Special Features:
- Rosy at Rosa'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014Traditoinal Mexican cuisine with creative inspiration. Our dishes were seasoned perfectly and presented with eye appeal. The homemade guacamole is always enjoyable, but I wish they made their own chips. The bar team knows how to make the perfect margarita no matter what your taste. Service is warm and friendly, and the ambience is a great mix of modern with a nod of tradtion.Special Features:
- Mexican in the Seaport DistrictOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Dinner at Rosa Mexicana on 7/24/14; dined outside on the busy Seaport Blvd. side. On a summer night, the Seaport District is crowded with tourists and after-work diners. The food and the margarita were good but the tortilla chips were unremarkable. Parking was easy in the public lot across the street. I would eat there again.Special Features:
- Management needs to control crowdManagementDined on 7/23/2014Hello! Our food was good, along with fast and friendly service. Our only issue was the drunken loudness of a large table of people that were clearly disturbing everyone in the restaurant because of there rude behavior. I asked if something could be said to them...but nothing was done. Sadly, we won't be back, because the management should have handled the situation, and there are hundreds of other Boston restaurants to have a meal. But the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK overall, not sure I'd go backHeatherVilleDined on 7/22/2014The wait staff and hostess were friendly, but service was a little slow. We sat outside so maybe that's why, but it was a Tuesday night and not very busy. The thing I was most disappointed about was the guacamole, and this is why I hesitate to recommend this restaurant to friends. I had heard it was delicious and really wanted to try it, but since they only offer a $14 very large bowl of it, my sister and I did not get it. There's no way we could have even eaten half of it, and the rest would have gone to waste. You can't really take guacamole home- it doesn't keep well, and it was a very hot night. The restaurant should offer two sizes so that people that are there by themselves or couples can order it.Special Features:
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Given the hype', awesome location, and price, we were very disappointed with out experience. Our meat entrees were over cooked and dry, and the service was SLOW. We had to flag down our waiter several times to get any attention. I would not recommend this place and I will not be back.
- guac and green enchiladatadamassDined on 7/13/2014Loved the outdoors and the food. attentive service. Sauces on food were incredibly fresh tasting and fun and unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.