Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta
245 18th Street
Atlanta, GA 30363Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 4043474090x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Monday 4:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Tuesday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Brad Weideman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. For Large Party Reservations, please contact: Kaye Newsome at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.783.5522 x13 or 215.869.4055.
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
- Cross Street: 18th Street and District Avenue
- Public Transit: Take either the North or Northeast Line to the Art Center Stop. From there, catch the Atlantic Station Green Line Shuttle to Atlantic Station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the Atlantic Station general lot. Call the restaurant for details.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta
As our first location to open in the South, the Atlantic Station Rosa Mexicano combines Rosa’s trademark authentic Mexican cuisine and stylish, festive atmosphere with Atlanta’s southern hospitality to offer a unique dining experience. Inside, a dramatic 18-foot high water wall with miniature white Acapulco divers is the eye-catching centerpiece of the 200-seat restaurant, which also features a lounge area and private dining that accommodates up to 70 guests. With its bright colors, Mexican artwork and fabulous food, all are sure to enjoy the style and tastes that are solely Rosa Mexicano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food!Diva16Dined on 10/18/2014The food here is excellent. This is my second time going! I loved the Mahi Mahi Tacos. The refried beans are so delicious and I overall enjoyed my experience here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What are you waiting for??QuanDined on 10/18/2014If you love Mexican food, you MUST come to Rosa Mexicano. It puts everything you know about Mexican restaurants to shame! The food is very very good. I found myself in a daze while eating. I enjoyed it so much. I went this time for my 3rd wedding anniversary. I took my wife here for our very 1st Valentine's Day date. After eating, I couldn't believe that it took us so long to come back!Special Features:
- Good Food. Great Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Rosa is a consistent favorite. Fresh guacamole, prepared table side, never disappoints, and tequila and mescal choices are plentiful and interesting. The menu doesn't change often, and as vegetarians choices are limited. But servers are great about accommodating requests and they are knowledgable about ingredients. The staff makes us glad to come back often.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-show dinner choiceNadiarocksDined on 10/17/2014We had an early dinner here before attending the new Cirque show at Atlantic Station. Service and dinner were fantastic! I had the salmon which was cooked perfect and my husband had the skirt steak which he really enjoyed.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC EXPERIENCEluvAtlantadiningDined on 10/16/2014Food was wonderful. Guac was the best I've had. This was a great place to have a conversation, relax and enjoy.Special Features:
- Great except no sweet tea!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Had a business lunch there. Food was fantastic. Ambiance is nice. Downside = no sweet tea! Every restaurant in the south is supposed to have sweet tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but Different MexangnevDined on 10/12/2014Loved the ambiance and the delicious food. We liked that is was not typical Mexican food-had lots of options and flavors. Service was friendly and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday VittleskelloggswifeyDined on 10/11/2014One of my favorite places to come when I come in town. Always get the crab Empanadas and filet con hongosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014service needs improvement...no water served until asking for it twice. Even as the waitress saw my guest caching on food as she described the specials. When I asked for water she continued with the specials spiel until i INSISTED on water NOW. Embarrassing!!...wine ordering a problem...VERY limited selection and out of stock except for highest price bottles
- Great Mexican food and MargaritashotalphaDined on 10/7/2014It was so nice to see such a varied menu at Rosa Mexicano. Everyone at my table had something different. It is unusual to see tacos served so the patron can put together the ingredients as he would want them. Also seeing Ceviche is unusual in most Mexican restaurants. The salsa was excellent, and made by the restaurant. It had a wonderful flavor. I look forward to returning when I have more time to dine and try the guacamole made at the table. Muy Bueno!Special Features:
- Great Place for Dinnerlove2eatDined on 10/7/2014The salsa is to die for. They make the guacamole to your specifications right at the table and it is outstanding. Drinks are delicious though a little pricey. We shared a drink ant the total bill for 3 was @ $100. The wait staff is knowledgeable and attentive. I recommend to all who enjoy good foodSpecial Features:
- Dinner before the showBeckyJonesDined on 10/7/2014We chose RM because we were going to the Cirque Du Soleil show at 7:30. We got in before the rush of after work patrons, however, the service was a bit slow. Drinks had to wait because the bar apparently took precedence. The Baja Tacos were a little over cooked but still very tasted. My husband got something in a skillet. He liked it a lot. The Rosa Marg w prickly pear was VERY GOOD.Special Features:
- Best Mexican restaurant in ATLSantinomanVIPDined on 10/4/2014First visit and won't be our last. Starting from the excellent guacamole made table-side to the best margaritas I've had in a long time, the food and the service was top-notch!Special Features:
- Overpriced and Food OK at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Great location but food was very poor and way over priced. I would not go there again!Special Features:
- AnniversaryTraciekatDined on 10/4/2014Went here for anniversary before hitting cirque du soli and it was a perfect night!! Food was amazing! Best margarita I've ever had and the guacamole was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 10/4/2014Tried to do a pre-Cirque dinner but it ended up being a disaster. Our service was slow and we got to the show as they were beginning. Will not try to do this before Cirque again.Special Features:
- Great guacamoleFastservice22Dined on 10/4/2014The food was great, the salsa and guacamole were awesome. Great place for a date with your spouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingATLLadyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Lured by location, Midtown Restaurant Week, ordered from the Anniversary Menu for birthday celebration. Chosen wine not available. Food was heavy with overspiced sauces. Only dessert was good. Go to another Mexican restaurant.
- Favorite Mexican RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014As locals is it always on our list visit Atlantic Station and Rosa MexicanoSpecial Features:
- Fairpr76Dined on 8/9/2014Guacamole prepared tableside was outstanding. The rest of the food was fair. Did not come out as ordered. Service was slow. Had to ask multiple times for drinks. Not as I remembered it last time, but it had been a year.
- Always Good, but needs a renovationEconmgrDined on 8/2/2014We've enjoyed all of our dining experiences at Rosa Mexicano and this time was no different. We strongly recommend getting reservations. My only compliant is that restaurant needs an upgrade. The seats are worn and the restaurant has been heavily used. Hopefully, the restaurant will get a good facelift to go with the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatNjoygoodfoodDined on 7/31/2014Great place to enjoy a Mexican meal. Excellent service. Look forward to returning againSpecial Features:
- ThereforopenWalking2DinnerVIPDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was pretty tasty Mexican fare that you would expect. The guacamole was fantastic, and it fit out needs for closeness since we were there for a tennis tournament. The one negative is the price point is just WAY too high for the food. A dish that you would expect to be about 13-14 dollars was instead 26. We probably will not go again since there is better mexican in the area for much cheaper but it served us well for what we needed that night: Reservations on opentable and close to the BB&T open.Special Features:
- Higher End Mexican FindGeorgiaIlliniDined on 7/21/2014Rosa Mexicano serves some delicious Mexican food. It is NOT a typical cheap Mexican place, though. The food is better than that, and a little pricier as a result. But if you are up for the extra cost, the food is worth it - and their primo margarita (I forget the precise name) was especially nice.
- Usually much betterJustBeeVIPDined on 7/20/2014I've been many times, and think the make-a-table guacamole is a highlight. We were there on a not-so-busy, rainy Sunday afternoon. Never received a third set of silverware or plate (even though 3 people clearly sitting there). Waitied a long time for each drink/food item (except quacamole). Not sure what was going on, but there appeared to be a number of servers - but nobody serving. We were not in a hurry, so at first the slow service was fine but after awhile it was just painful. A disappointment this time.
- Awesome!!!!MJamilVIPDined on 7/19/2014Best guac ever!!!! Awesome service / waiters!!!! So so good!! Love the tortilla soup!! Best guac ever!!!! Awesome service / waiters!!!! So so good!! Love the tortilla soup!! Best guac ever!!!! Awesome service / waiters!!!! So so good!! Love the tortilla soup!! Best guac ever!!!! Awesome service / waiters!!!! So so good!! Love the tortilla soup!!Special Features:
- great place!lver4funDined on 7/13/2014Love the pomegrante margarita! Friendly waiters and the food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatJodyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Frequent diner, not good service, likely won't be back
- The following 923 reviews are from the Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta reviews archive.
- TalkdowntalkdownDined on 6/11/2014Great service from our server David,food was excellent and brought on time,no issues,we are regulars at this great restaurant.Special Features:
- LOVED IT, WILL DEFINATELY BE BACKcrossriDined on 6/8/2014Will be back again and again. Service, food and atmosphere was outstanding. Just loved the feel and vibe of the space. I was just in Puerto Rico and love authentic tasting food and this food tasted very authentic.Special Features:
- Expensive for Mediocre Mexican FoodLindaDined on 6/7/2014While the guacamole was very good, at $14 for a small bowl it was very expensive. Also, entrees were ok tasting, portions were small- When you pay $23 for tacos and $18 for Enchiladas you expect great not ok. Service was good and atmosphere nice. They sat us right away with our reservation. If price was 1/2 as much, I would have recommended it.Special Features:
- flyboyDined on 5/24/2014The food is excellently prepared. I believe, for an essentially Mexican food restaurant, the menu should be expanded, especially the enchilada entrees. Add more seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menuNeighborhoodResidentVIPDined on 5/23/2014Don't like the new menu. Not the same good quality as before
- ReviewGrtarqDined on 5/20/2014The hostess was cold and uninviting, told us that we couldn't sit outside because the tables were for people with reservations, but it was almost vacant in the restaurant AND we had a reservation! It kind of ruined it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eatery in AtlantaseasoneddinersDined on 5/12/2014We don't live in Atlanta but when we visit we have to dine at the best place for guacamole prepared at your table. We celebrated our daughter's graduation this visit and had a great time. My chicken tacos were the best but my husband didn't care much for the pork. Ambiance is fantastic!Special Features:
- It's the worstExperiencedfoodie12Dined on 5/11/2014Everything horrible. Service, food, etc it's all the worst I've ever experienced
- OverwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014it was Mothers day and while it seemed that all hands were on deck, we waited a long time for food, follow up service and generally our lunch was a two hour extravaganza. Also the server took the time to check on our temperature requests for the steaks and they were not followed. So why bother? I would try again but not on any type of busy day
- mej513Dined on 5/9/2014Went here during Shaky Knees Music Festival. I'd heard about the pomegranate margaritas from one of my friends who lived in NYC for 5 years who frequented the NYC location. It lived up to expectations, to say the least. Only one was enough for me and I was able to fill my belly up with a delicious plate of chicken tacos and head back out to the festival in time to catch my favorite band, The National. Thank you for a great experience, Rosa Mexicano ATL :)Special Features:
- Rosa MexicanotalkdownDined on 5/3/2014Great place,a little expensive for Mexican food but very authentic.Here is what i don't get,you can't get a bottle of wine under $32 and the cheapest wine at $32 was not that good.Many high end restaurants in Atlanta have wine starting in the low twenties,would put me making this place a regular favoriteSpecial Features:
- way to expensive on alcohol!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/20/2014I got 2 shots of don Julio anejo and was charged 30 dollars. I can get a whole 750 mill. For 54.99 plus tax. Absolutely ridiculous. Also 14 dollars for guacamole and no half order available!!! Also the manager dont seem to care to much that their customers are bring ripped off!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.