Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta
245 18th Street
Atlanta, GA 30363Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 4043474090x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Monday 4:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Tuesday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Brad Weideman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. For Large Party Reservations, please contact: Kaye Newsome at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.783.5522 x13 or 215.869.4055.
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
- Cross Street: 18th Street and District Avenue
- Public Transit: Take either the North or Northeast Line to the Art Center Stop. From there, catch the Atlantic Station Green Line Shuttle to Atlantic Station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the Atlantic Station general lot. Call the restaurant for details.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta
As our first location to open in the South, the Atlantic Station Rosa Mexicano combines Rosa’s trademark authentic Mexican cuisine and stylish, festive atmosphere with Atlanta’s southern hospitality to offer a unique dining experience. Inside, a dramatic 18-foot high water wall with miniature white Acapulco divers is the eye-catching centerpiece of the 200-seat restaurant, which also features a lounge area and private dining that accommodates up to 70 guests. With its bright colors, Mexican artwork and fabulous food, all are sure to enjoy the style and tastes that are solely Rosa Mexicano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (9)special occasion (8)romantic (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- DisappointingATLLadyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Lured by location, Midtown Restaurant Week, ordered from the Anniversary Menu for birthday celebration. Chosen wine not available. Food was heavy with overspiced sauces. Only dessert was good. Go to another Mexican restaurant.
- Favorite Mexican RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014As locals is it always on our list visit Atlantic Station and Rosa MexicanoSpecial Features:
- Fairpr76Dined on 8/9/2014Guacamole prepared tableside was outstanding. The rest of the food was fair. Did not come out as ordered. Service was slow. Had to ask multiple times for drinks. Not as I remembered it last time, but it had been a year.
- Always Good, but needs a renovationEconmgrDined on 8/2/2014We've enjoyed all of our dining experiences at Rosa Mexicano and this time was no different. We strongly recommend getting reservations. My only compliant is that restaurant needs an upgrade. The seats are worn and the restaurant has been heavily used. Hopefully, the restaurant will get a good facelift to go with the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatNjoygoodfoodDined on 7/31/2014Great place to enjoy a Mexican meal. Excellent service. Look forward to returning againSpecial Features:
- ThereforopenWalking2DinnerVIPDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was pretty tasty Mexican fare that you would expect. The guacamole was fantastic, and it fit out needs for closeness since we were there for a tennis tournament. The one negative is the price point is just WAY too high for the food. A dish that you would expect to be about 13-14 dollars was instead 26. We probably will not go again since there is better mexican in the area for much cheaper but it served us well for what we needed that night: Reservations on opentable and close to the BB&T open.Special Features:
- Higher End Mexican FindGeorgiaIlliniDined on 7/21/2014Rosa Mexicano serves some delicious Mexican food. It is NOT a typical cheap Mexican place, though. The food is better than that, and a little pricier as a result. But if you are up for the extra cost, the food is worth it - and their primo margarita (I forget the precise name) was especially nice.
- Usually much betterJustBeeVIPDined on 7/20/2014I've been many times, and think the make-a-table guacamole is a highlight. We were there on a not-so-busy, rainy Sunday afternoon. Never received a third set of silverware or plate (even though 3 people clearly sitting there). Waitied a long time for each drink/food item (except quacamole). Not sure what was going on, but there appeared to be a number of servers - but nobody serving. We were not in a hurry, so at first the slow service was fine but after awhile it was just painful. A disappointment this time.
- Awesome!!!!MJamilVIPDined on 7/19/2014Best guac ever!!!! Awesome service / waiters!!!! So so good!! Love the tortilla soup!! Best guac ever!!!! Awesome service / waiters!!!! So so good!! Love the tortilla soup!! Best guac ever!!!! Awesome service / waiters!!!! So so good!! Love the tortilla soup!! Best guac ever!!!! Awesome service / waiters!!!! So so good!! Love the tortilla soup!!Special Features:
- great place!lver4funDined on 7/13/2014Love the pomegrante margarita! Friendly waiters and the food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatJodyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Frequent diner, not good service, likely won't be back
- TalkdowntalkdownDined on 6/11/2014Great service from our server David,food was excellent and brought on time,no issues,we are regulars at this great restaurant.Special Features:
- LOVED IT, WILL DEFINATELY BE BACKcrossriDined on 6/8/2014Will be back again and again. Service, food and atmosphere was outstanding. Just loved the feel and vibe of the space. I was just in Puerto Rico and love authentic tasting food and this food tasted very authentic.Special Features:
- Expensive for Mediocre Mexican FoodLindaDined on 6/7/2014While the guacamole was very good, at $14 for a small bowl it was very expensive. Also, entrees were ok tasting, portions were small- When you pay $23 for tacos and $18 for Enchiladas you expect great not ok. Service was good and atmosphere nice. They sat us right away with our reservation. If price was 1/2 as much, I would have recommended it.Special Features:
- flyboyDined on 5/24/2014The food is excellently prepared. I believe, for an essentially Mexican food restaurant, the menu should be expanded, especially the enchilada entrees. Add more seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menuNeighborhoodResidentVIPDined on 5/23/2014Don't like the new menu. Not the same good quality as before
- The following 918 reviews are from the Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta reviews archive.
- ReviewGrtarqDined on 5/20/2014The hostess was cold and uninviting, told us that we couldn't sit outside because the tables were for people with reservations, but it was almost vacant in the restaurant AND we had a reservation! It kind of ruined it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eatery in AtlantaseasoneddinersDined on 5/12/2014We don't live in Atlanta but when we visit we have to dine at the best place for guacamole prepared at your table. We celebrated our daughter's graduation this visit and had a great time. My chicken tacos were the best but my husband didn't care much for the pork. Ambiance is fantastic!Special Features:
- It's the worstExperiencedfoodie12Dined on 5/11/2014Everything horrible. Service, food, etc it's all the worst I've ever experienced
- OverwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014it was Mothers day and while it seemed that all hands were on deck, we waited a long time for food, follow up service and generally our lunch was a two hour extravaganza. Also the server took the time to check on our temperature requests for the steaks and they were not followed. So why bother? I would try again but not on any type of busy day
- mej513Dined on 5/9/2014Went here during Shaky Knees Music Festival. I'd heard about the pomegranate margaritas from one of my friends who lived in NYC for 5 years who frequented the NYC location. It lived up to expectations, to say the least. Only one was enough for me and I was able to fill my belly up with a delicious plate of chicken tacos and head back out to the festival in time to catch my favorite band, The National. Thank you for a great experience, Rosa Mexicano ATL :)Special Features:
- Rosa MexicanotalkdownDined on 5/3/2014Great place,a little expensive for Mexican food but very authentic.Here is what i don't get,you can't get a bottle of wine under $32 and the cheapest wine at $32 was not that good.Many high end restaurants in Atlanta have wine starting in the low twenties,would put me making this place a regular favoriteSpecial Features:
- way to expensive on alcohol!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/20/2014I got 2 shots of don Julio anejo and was charged 30 dollars. I can get a whole 750 mill. For 54.99 plus tax. Absolutely ridiculous. Also 14 dollars for guacamole and no half order available!!! Also the manager dont seem to care to much that their customers are bring ripped off!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014Great food, good service, loved the Easter brunch menu. They even had face painting for the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2014Great little spot to hop in for a great dinner. We hit up this place then a movie at the Regal Cinema - great eveningSpecial Features:
- Good foodtonyVIPDined on 4/18/2014over all the food was really good one of the entrees was dry, but had really nice flavors. It is one of the best mexican restaurants around town. Not sure if we would drive out of our way to come again but definitely would stop by if we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time - Very ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014The fresh made guacamole in front of you is classic. I will come back when I visit Atlanta again....Open one in Birmingham Entertainment District Downtown asap!!! The attorney's would love it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty upscale MexicanMexigirl75iluvmexDined on 4/15/2014Tasty with great atmosphere. Very filling. Convenient location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican Music?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2014While I typically enjoy the music that was played in the background at Rosa Mexicana (Rufus Wainwright, etc.), I would much prefer Mexican music for a more authentic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was really good fromOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2014Staff was really good from the front desk to the server. Not as hard to get a table on Friday night as you'd expect. Cocktail prices are a bit highSpecial Features:
- Atlantic Station gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014This upscale Mexican restaurant is well worth your time. I love the diverse menu. My choice was the grilled shrimp entree and it was excellent. We also had the guacamole appetizer for the first time. Rosa Mexicano prepares this dish tableside to your specifications. What a treat ! I could have made a meal of it. Our server was excellent and allowed us to enjoy our meal at a leisurely pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited/ Over PricedKimRDined on 3/15/2014There was not much to choose from and many of the selections were over priced. The resturant didn't even offer a margarita in a pitcher! However their house margatria was expensive for the shot glass amount given!Special Features:
- Really worth the DrivesatisfiedcustomerDined on 2/24/2014We have always found the food at Rosa Mexicano to be excellent. We come in from Kennesaw because it is worth the drive. There are other options closer to us or along the way, but none are even half as good as Rosa Mexicano. The service is always good but then again, we have a tendency to go early in the dinner hour so that might be why. The food has never disappointed. The prices are a little higher than their competitors but worth it. I find the food less Tex Mex than most local spots and much more authentic to true Mexican fare.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is TerrificIG07Dined on 2/19/2014I was a little hesitant to dine here since the food is more on the sophisticated side of Mexican food, but I had the chicken tacos and they were out of this world delicious!! The table side guacamole is amazing as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a 7:45 p.m. reservationFlo34Dined on 2/15/2014We had a 7:45 p.m. reservation on Saturday night. There were quite a few people waiting for a table when we got there. However, as soon as we got their we were seating immediately. The service was excellent, the waitress was very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. The dishes we ordered were tasty and the shrimp were cooked to perfection. There were several large parties there which made it somewhat noisy. However, the overall experience was very good, and I would definitely go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2014The guacamole is always great. Carnitas were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good Atlantic Station spotelvisDined on 2/15/2014Food was good, specials were as advertised. Crowded and rushed. A server constantly walking around and calling out staus of each table. Food was good. Service was quick. Probably better on non weekend nite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Dessert.nevergoesoutDined on 2/14/2014My Valentine and I had a reservation for Valentine's Day evening so we only ordered dessert. The service was phenomenal despite it being a busy night. The food was very tasty (we ordered gluten-free chocolate cake and churros). We enjoyed the ambience (low lighting and classical guitar player). The price was appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayivanDined on 2/14/2014Excellent, authentic Mexican menu. Detailed service with a warm and friendly attitude. We enjoyed every minute of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date locationGr8D8Dined on 2/14/2014Great ambience for a romantic evening. Good music, good food, and very good service that makes for a very nice dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.