Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta
245 18th Street
Atlanta, GA 30363Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: (404) 347-4090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Monday 4:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Tuesday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Brad Weideman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of catering options: buffet stations, pre fixe menus, family style menus, passed hors d'ouvres, etc. For Large Party Reservations, please contact: Kaye Newsome at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.783.5522 x13 or 215.869.4055.
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
- Cross Street: 18th Street and District Avenue
- Public Transit: Take either the North or Northeast Line to the Art Center Stop. From there, catch the Atlantic Station Green Line Shuttle to Atlantic Station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the Atlantic Station general lot. Call the restaurant for details.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta
As our first location to open in the South, the Atlantic Station Rosa Mexicano combines Rosa’s trademark authentic Mexican cuisine and stylish, festive atmosphere with Atlanta’s southern hospitality to offer a unique dining experience. Inside, a dramatic 18-foot high water wall with miniature white Acapulco divers is the eye-catching centerpiece of the 200-seat restaurant, which also features a lounge area and private dining that accommodates up to 70 guests. With its bright colors, Mexican artwork and fabulous food, all are sure to enjoy the style and tastes that are solely Rosa Mexicano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (29)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (11)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Always outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2014We've eaten here many times and have never ever been disappointed. My husband and I were visiting our daughter for Thanksgiving and went to celebrate our birthdays. What a treat! Our server, Giovanni, was fantastic . He not only treated us to a complimentary appetizer but also dessert for the three of us. A very special birthday celebration. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a ShowAmandaDined on 11/21/2014My mom and I visited before seeing a Cirque du Soleil show. The shrimp ceviche was fresh and different. We were pleasantly surprised by the presentation of the chicken tacos, which was similar to typical fajita presentation. It was enough food for us to share. Great flavor. Our waiter was attentive and helpful without being overbearing. Overall, not a typical Mexican restaurant in terms of food quality or availability, ambience, or staff, but that's why I keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plain FoodJoemanDined on 11/11/2014Derick, our server, was great. Guacamole made at the table was cool but not enough flavor to warrant $14. I Had the Chile Poblano Relleno which was very bland to say the least, it was a chile that was stuffed with only the same rice they put on our table I believe and the rice was crunchy but I couldn't tell if it was over cooked or under cooked. My wife had the Carnitas Tacos and they had better flavor and were just slightly above average of what you would expect here. All in all the food with 2 beers and a majito and tip came to $94, we could have done much better than this.
- Excellent except Baja TacosFanofrosaDined on 11/9/2014Always excellent food and excellent service, really enjoy this restaurant, been a number of times at Atlanta location. Woukd just recommend you steer clear of the Baja (fried fish) tacos - instead of lightly fried/breaded fish that I expected at a restaurant of this caliber, it was essentially a very thickly fried fish stick. Definitely try the plantains and Mexican street corn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimesYumtummyDined on 11/8/2014We went with another couple and it was the perfect evening. The food was great and our service was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as expectedsixalesDined on 11/8/2014A party of 8 to celebrate a birthday. Allowed 2 hours for dinner, prior to 8PM performance a Cirque du Solei. It was perfect. One of the guests commented after dinner it was probably the best Mexican food she has every had. We all agreed! We be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok food, slow serviceekatherine25VIPDined on 11/7/2014The food at Rosa Mexicano was pretty good with interesting flavor combinations. The server was nice but the restaurant must have been too busy for the number of wait staff because we went long periods of time without seeing anyone. Then there was an accident in the kitchen and all of our meals had to be prepared all over again. For this long wait, we were comped a flan after dinner. Another bottle of wine to drink while we waited for our food would have been more appropriate. Meanwhile, the noise level was so high that it was hard to have a conversation. This was a business dinner and it was unfortunately not a great experience for my customer. On the positive side, the location close to Cirque du Soleil was convenient.
- Good food and serviceLuv2DineVIPDined on 11/1/2014Two out of three of us enjoyed the food. The service was good and pleasant. The chile poblano relleno was good but should be flagged as spicy. Also, we all suffered from thirst and dehydration after dinner. Is MSG used, or just too much salt? Also, there is not an extra set of doors to keep the cold air out and warm air in. Sitting by the door, I was too cold to order a second margarita.Special Features:
- Guacamole en molcajeteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/29/2014It goes without saying that the best reason to come here is for the guacamole en molcajete. It is fresh and well-made. Our waiter/preparer was very friendly and knew how to lighten the mood. We came with a group and it was a big hit with the out-of-towners, but we've been here several times. It is HIGH END Mexican food, and there's plenty of seafood on the menu (Mexicans do eat more than beef tacos and chicken enchiladas), so don't be intimidated in trying something new. The Salmon Poblano is an excellent choice. Park in the deck underneath Atlantic Station and not on the street level as street level requires metered parking and you get the 1st 2 hours free in the deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantBobbyandKarenDined on 10/26/2014Whenever we have occasion to be at Atlantic Station, we make sure we have reservations at Rosa Mexicano. The food, the ambiance and the service are all top notch. One of our very favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014Great place for authentic mexican food in Atlanta. And don't miss the three milk cake for dessert.Special Features:
- Menu not as good anymore.HenryVIPDined on 10/25/2014Two years ago, the menu was closer to authentic mexican food than it is now. There were autochthon and original mexican dishes. There was more seafood and shellfood with true mexican flavors, like glazed salmon and ceviches . Even the list of premium tequilas was impressive with 100% añejos and ágaves even difficult to find in Mexico itself. Not any more. Rosa Mexicano has become one more tex-mex restaurant. Impressive ambiance and excellent service but food that leaves too much to desire and margaritas to please the eyes not the palate.Special Features:
- Outstanding!DelightedDined on 10/25/2014Rosa's service and food were outstanding!Mexican FooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experiencefredzhepova1Dined on 10/24/2014We celebrated my Mom's Birthday. Food was great, very tasty, large portions, reminded traditional Mexican kitchen, which is very rare to find in Atlanta. Service was average; our server was very busy, took 10-15 min to get our Margaritas, however, they were still very strong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Diva16Dined on 10/18/2014The food here is excellent. This is my second time going! I loved the Mahi Mahi Tacos. The refried beans are so delicious and I overall enjoyed my experience here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What are you waiting for??QuanDined on 10/18/2014If you love Mexican food, you MUST come to Rosa Mexicano. It puts everything you know about Mexican restaurants to shame! The food is very very good. I found myself in a daze while eating. I enjoyed it so much. I went this time for my 3rd wedding anniversary. I took my wife here for our very 1st Valentine's Day date. After eating, I couldn't believe that it took us so long to come back!Special Features:
- Good Food. Great Service.DISHclosureDined on 10/17/2014Rosa is a consistent favorite. Fresh guacamole, prepared table side, never disappoints, and tequila and mescal choices are plentiful and interesting. The menu doesn't change often, and as vegetarians choices are limited. But servers are great about accommodating requests and they are knowledgable about ingredients. The staff makes us glad to come back often.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-show dinner choiceNadiarocksDined on 10/17/2014We had an early dinner here before attending the new Cirque show at Atlantic Station. Service and dinner were fantastic! I had the salmon which was cooked perfect and my husband had the skirt steak which he really enjoyed.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC EXPERIENCEluvAtlantadiningDined on 10/16/2014Food was wonderful. Guac was the best I've had. This was a great place to have a conversation, relax and enjoy.Special Features:
- Great except no sweet tea!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Had a business lunch there. Food was fantastic. Ambiance is nice. Downside = no sweet tea! Every restaurant in the south is supposed to have sweet tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but Different MexangnevDined on 10/12/2014Loved the ambiance and the delicious food. We liked that is was not typical Mexican food-had lots of options and flavors. Service was friendly and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday VittleskelloggswifeyDined on 10/11/2014One of my favorite places to come when I come in town. Always get the crab Empanadas and filet con hongosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014service needs improvement...no water served until asking for it twice. Even as the waitress saw my guest caching on food as she described the specials. When I asked for water she continued with the specials spiel until i INSISTED on water NOW. Embarrassing!!...wine ordering a problem...VERY limited selection and out of stock except for highest price bottles
- Great Mexican food and MargaritashotalphaDined on 10/7/2014It was so nice to see such a varied menu at Rosa Mexicano. Everyone at my table had something different. It is unusual to see tacos served so the patron can put together the ingredients as he would want them. Also seeing Ceviche is unusual in most Mexican restaurants. The salsa was excellent, and made by the restaurant. It had a wonderful flavor. I look forward to returning when I have more time to dine and try the guacamole made at the table. Muy Bueno!Special Features:
- Great Place for Dinnerlove2eatDined on 10/7/2014The salsa is to die for. They make the guacamole to your specifications right at the table and it is outstanding. Drinks are delicious though a little pricey. We shared a drink ant the total bill for 3 was @ $100. The wait staff is knowledgeable and attentive. I recommend to all who enjoy good foodSpecial Features:
- Dinner before the showBeckyJonesDined on 10/7/2014We chose RM because we were going to the Cirque Du Soleil show at 7:30. We got in before the rush of after work patrons, however, the service was a bit slow. Drinks had to wait because the bar apparently took precedence. The Baja Tacos were a little over cooked but still very tasted. My husband got something in a skillet. He liked it a lot. The Rosa Marg w prickly pear was VERY GOOD.Special Features:
- Best Mexican restaurant in ATLSantinomanVIPDined on 10/4/2014First visit and won't be our last. Starting from the excellent guacamole made table-side to the best margaritas I've had in a long time, the food and the service was top-notch!Special Features:
- Overpriced and Food OK at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Great location but food was very poor and way over priced. I would not go there again!Special Features:
- AnniversaryTraciekatDined on 10/4/2014Went here for anniversary before hitting cirque du soli and it was a perfect night!! Food was amazing! Best margarita I've ever had and the guacamole was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 10/4/2014Tried to do a pre-Cirque dinner but it ended up being a disaster. Our service was slow and we got to the show as they were beginning. Will not try to do this before Cirque again.Special Features:
- Great guacamoleFastservice22Dined on 10/4/2014The food was great, the salsa and guacamole were awesome. Great place for a date with your spouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingATLLadyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Lured by location, Midtown Restaurant Week, ordered from the Anniversary Menu for birthday celebration. Chosen wine not available. Food was heavy with overspiced sauces. Only dessert was good. Go to another Mexican restaurant.
- Favorite Mexican RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014As locals is it always on our list visit Atlantic Station and Rosa MexicanoSpecial Features:
- Fairpr76Dined on 8/9/2014Guacamole prepared tableside was outstanding. The rest of the food was fair. Did not come out as ordered. Service was slow. Had to ask multiple times for drinks. Not as I remembered it last time, but it had been a year.
- Always Good, but needs a renovationEconmgrDined on 8/2/2014We've enjoyed all of our dining experiences at Rosa Mexicano and this time was no different. We strongly recommend getting reservations. My only compliant is that restaurant needs an upgrade. The seats are worn and the restaurant has been heavily used. Hopefully, the restaurant will get a good facelift to go with the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatNjoygoodfoodDined on 7/31/2014Great place to enjoy a Mexican meal. Excellent service. Look forward to returning againSpecial Features:
- The following 929 reviews are from the Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta reviews archive.
- ThereforopenWalking2DinnerVIPDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was pretty tasty Mexican fare that you would expect. The guacamole was fantastic, and it fit out needs for closeness since we were there for a tennis tournament. The one negative is the price point is just WAY too high for the food. A dish that you would expect to be about 13-14 dollars was instead 26. We probably will not go again since there is better mexican in the area for much cheaper but it served us well for what we needed that night: Reservations on opentable and close to the BB&T open.Special Features:
- Higher End Mexican FindGeorgiaIlliniDined on 7/21/2014Rosa Mexicano serves some delicious Mexican food. It is NOT a typical cheap Mexican place, though. The food is better than that, and a little pricier as a result. But if you are up for the extra cost, the food is worth it - and their primo margarita (I forget the precise name) was especially nice.
- Usually much betterJustBeeVIPDined on 7/20/2014I've been many times, and think the make-a-table guacamole is a highlight. We were there on a not-so-busy, rainy Sunday afternoon. Never received a third set of silverware or plate (even though 3 people clearly sitting there). Waitied a long time for each drink/food item (except quacamole). Not sure what was going on, but there appeared to be a number of servers - but nobody serving. We were not in a hurry, so at first the slow service was fine but after awhile it was just painful. A disappointment this time.
- Awesome!!!!MJamilVIPDined on 7/19/2014Best guac ever!!!! Awesome service / waiters!!!! So so good!! Love the tortilla soup!! Best guac ever!!!! Awesome service / waiters!!!! So so good!! Love the tortilla soup!! Best guac ever!!!! Awesome service / waiters!!!! So so good!! Love the tortilla soup!! Best guac ever!!!! Awesome service / waiters!!!! So so good!! Love the tortilla soup!!Special Features: