Rosa Linda's Mexican Cafe
2005 W. 33rd Ave.
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rosa Linda's Mexican Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 3034550608
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 9:00AM - 11:00:AM
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Rosalinda Aguirre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer the full menu for catering. Allow us to suggest some of our top selling items that will wow your guest!
A word from Rosa Linda's Mexican Cafe
Rosa Linda's Mexican Cafe has been serving the Potter Highlands "LOHI" since 1985. Known as a family run and operated restaurant Rosa Linda Aguirre offers Healthy Mexican cuisine certified by the Smart meal program in the state of Colorado. We offer many Gluten free menu items as well as a vast Vegetarian Menu. Since the late 80's Rosalinda Aguirre quit cooking with lard and shortening making our restaurant a unique style of cuisine. Awarded Top 15 Nachos in the Nation Wall Street Journal 2006 we are mostly known for feeding the needy on Thanksgiving day. In 2010 Rosa Linda's Fed over 5000 meals to those in need, all done by donation and community support. The commitment the Aguirre family has made to the community will keep going as long as our doors stay open. Come visit hang out with us and become part of our extended familyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rosa Linda's Mexican Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- New neighborhood favoriteSteveDined on 8/23/2013We were looking for someplace new to eat and came across Rosa Linda's. The building was intriguing. My wife and I wondered about the history of the building. The good was good and service was very personable. Would we return? Yes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family-owned in a fast-changingH8nicknamesDined on 6/22/2013Family-owned in a fast-changing neighborhood. While the surroundings might be fancier, Rosa Linda's stays the same...and that's a great thing. Best in town. Always was. Probably always will be.Special Features:
- Great for big parties!JCWrightVIPDined on 5/24/2013We kicked off our Wedding weekend with a big group of friends (24 of us) and the service was superb! The food was very good, authentic Mexican cuisine and came out in a very timely manner, especially considering the number of people we had in our group. Definitely recommended for a small party of 2 or a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2013A nice family dining experience in a great neighborhood. This restaurant is family owned and is guaranteed to have home-cooked food.
- Rosa Linda's was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013The food was excellent. We have bland Mexican food where we live so this was a real treat. The chips were crispy, the salsa had just enough spice. My burrito was very flavorful. The shredded beef inside had good spices and the green chili was outstanding. They also have lots of vegetarian options which was nice. Our friends loved their meals too. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood classic. VeryDunzoVIPDined on 1/21/2013Neighborhood classic. Very down to earth, very homey. Family owned for years and years.Special Features:
- Service was wonderful, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012Service was wonderful, which was a bonus, because our group came for the terrific food and an open seating arrangement. The prices can't be beat, which was a very pleasant surprise.Best home-cooked Hispanic food in Denver. We appreciated that it's a nice family restaurant, run by a very nice family!Special Features:
- Great evening out. The ownersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2012Great evening out. The owners were very hospitable and came by our table to check on us and talk to us. The food was very good also and the service was great.Special Features:
- Wonderful family-run restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2012Wonderful family-run restaurant with very nice food and even nicer people.Special Features:
- Food Quality and portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/9/2012Food Quality and portions were marginal--although menu pricing was good.
- Neighborhood drop inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Very crowded when we arrived. Our party of 7 had to wait two and a half hours before we were seated. As soon as we walked in they informed us that this reservation was not being honored. Not kid-friendly due to the owner using f-bombs. We may go back when it's not so dad-burned crowded.Special Features:
- We did not stay after oneSusanDined on 8/6/2012We did not stay after one beer. It was pretty low key and not many people there.
- BeefgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/2/2012If you're in the neighborhood and need some Mexican, the beef is delicious. Everything else is sub par, so seriously just order a big a side of shredded beef.
- Loved the people working thereFood4thoughtVIPDined on 7/12/2012Loved the people working there and the food was exceptional.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012This was a great disappointment, especially after reading all the great reviews on OpenTable. While the people were very nice, the food is your average Mexican quality and the ambiance is average as well - looks and feels worn down. I would not go out of my way to eat there again, and it is definitely not somewhere to bring out-of-town guests.Special Features:
- A great place to have a spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2012A great place to have a spectacular margarita and wonderful service. You cannot ask for more for the price.Special Features:
- We liked the dinner so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012We liked the dinner so much we went back the next day for lunch.Special Features:
- Support this family businessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Rosa Linda's has an amazing local and family oriented atmosphere. We met Rosa Linda, the woman who came from Monterrey Mexico and started the restaurant and were waited on by her son Oscar. They recommended the pozole because she had just made a fresh batch and said their mother's recipe was the best. They were obviously excited to have us there and make us a part of their own family experience.Special Features:
- The two things I loved mostOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012The two things I loved most about this place was 1) The healthy side of the menu - showing calories for the entrees 2) The warm reception you get from the family who owns the place.Special Features:
- We had a group dinner meeting,KADWVIPDined on 5/3/2012We had a group dinner meeting, and they were very accommodating to us. We had a good table, and we were able to spread out, talk and eat. Unfortunatly, 2 of the members of our group came down with "stomach issues" that evening.Special Features:
- Food was authentic and delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2012Food was authentic and delicious. I didn't leave feeling overly full and weighed down like most Mexican fare. We must have come on a bad night, one that was a coupon disaster. It took forever to get our food and drinks, at times we didn't have a waiter. But with that said, the mole was real mole, the enchiladas were light and tasty. The drinks, when we got them, were excellent. The family that runs it is sweet, but be prepared to wait for everything.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food, but theFuntoeatDined on 3/17/2012We enjoyed the food, but the restaurant itself seemed a bit tired. It felt like it need a good cleaning.
- The food was beyond excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2011The food was beyond excellent. We actually got to meet Rosa herself. We will be back again soon.Special Features:
- They were accomodating andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/15/2011They were accomodating and very friendly. Love that the Gluten free menu was so extensive!Special Features:
- Big disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2011I was disappointed in Rosa Linda's. We have dined there several times before and the food was very good the atmosphere energetic but not so loud that talking was difficult. This time the food was only fair at best. There was not a great energy in the restaurant and our waiter struggled with timing. We had a party of seven people and our orders were not complicated but our food came out slowly and not all together. Those who had been served sat with their food in front of them getting cold while waiting for others to be served. I was especially disappointed since I had personally recommended Rosa Linda's based on our past experience.
- Good local traditional mexicanhappyDined on 9/27/2011Good local traditional mexican food. Great, friendly service.Special Features:
- Delicious and HealthyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2011A truly wonderful, family-run restaurant with delicious food and the added bonus of many interesting healthy and vegetarian menu items. Our new favorite Mexican restaurant in Denver, even though it has been around for 25 years. A shame we never got there before, but we'll definitely be backSpecial Features:
- I've dined here before andOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/15/2011I've dined here before and brought friends for the first time based on that. The service however was awful. We sat for some time without water. When the waiter took our drink order we also asked for water and continued to wait 10 minutes until I went to the beverage station to ask for it. The service throughout was inattentive and slow although the dining room was not very busy. It was also incredibly hot, I watched multiple people throughout the night adjust thermostats but the climate was never comfortable. The food was good but not up to the quality I remember. We ordered 2 pitchers of sangria which was very good, but when we got the bill we were a bit shocked to see $20 per pitcher especially since we didn't taste very much wine.Special Features: