707 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosablancadiner.com/
- Phone: 215-925-5555x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 8am- 10pm
Friday & Saturday: 8am - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Executive Chef: Jose Garces
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: If you book a private event at Rosa Blanca, our event coordinators can provide you with unique entertainment options for your party.
A word from Rosa Blanca
Combining the laid-back, all-day appeal of a diner with the innately comforting character of classic Cuban fare, Rosa Blanca is the best of Latin and American culinary culture from Philadelphia’s top Latin-American chef: Jose Garces. Now open, Rosa Blanca will feature a rotisserie in the kitchen, comfort food on the menu, and a take-out counter with a variety of Cuban coffee & pastries. Rosa Blanca will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In addition, enjoy our milkshakes and extensive rum program featuring a selection of mojitos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Rosa Blanca - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Rosa Blanca reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)great for lunch (80)good for groups (73)neighborhood gem (61)great for brunch (53)special occasion (41)hot spot (28)romantic (27)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- La tormentaPhillyfoodieDined on 8/23/2014Great mojitos! Friendly, attentive service. Delicious food. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good findDocinphilaVIPDined on 8/23/2014ATe dinner here last night and enjoyed everything, starting from the delicious rolls , then empanadas, pineapple guacamole,chicken sandwich, and Ropa vieja; the dessert of upside down pineapple cake was just fair. Overall very good, nice surprise.
- Chifa Mourners RejoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014I was a Chifa lover. I decided to try it's successor. I was thrilled when the amuse bouche was exactly the same one served at Chifa. Hallelujah! The warm cheese roll with the spicy/sweet spread was the perfect beginning. We sampled a lovely soup with coconut mild and conch, a nice ceviche and a wonderful wam chicken empanada. The only slight imperfection was the chocolate cake which had a less than perfect texture; it should really be warm with a gooey inside with cooked, caramelized bananas, rather than a few raw banana slices drizzled with a little caramelized sugar. However, the $3 warmed queso pastry at the end was to die for!! It was warm and light with a sweet glaze and heavenly filling. Perfect bookends. Check it out!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic foodNYfoodieDined on 8/17/2014Early afternoon Sunday, menu options included breakfast and lunch. Since we were in the brunch mode, we took that route, which overall met our expectations. Although it states being a "Cuban" restaurant, many of the options were not authentic Cuban food. However, the food was tasty, and service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alternative CubanredeyeDined on 8/16/2014Really enjoyed this alternative to the "big two" Cuban restaurants in Center City. This place was delightfully casual and the music was outstanding. Booths were very comfortable and the drinks delicious, especially the spicy tequila-based one. Can't wait to try the rest of the menu. Garces has another winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting!MikeVIPDined on 8/16/2014The $40 tasting menu is a great deal and delicious experience. One of our table of 4 was not able to each beef but the server made accommodations for this and we all really enjoyed the feast.Special Features:
- Great experiencefoodiestafferDined on 8/11/2014It was a great dinner, lots of options on the menu. The service was excellent. The only thing is you can't get the happy hour specials when you sit for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!ChristineVIPDined on 8/9/2014We made reservations to eat at Rosa Blanca after seeing the movie "Chef" and were excited to try Cuban sandwiches - we ended up having a really disappointing night. The noise level was so high that we couldn't hear each other talk even when yelling; the waiter started our meal by telling us that the kitchen was very backed up and our food would not be out for a long while; and then when the food arrived, it was dry and fairly tasteless. I hope management can fix some of these things as the restaurant idea seems like great fun!Special Features:
- Mike is the best waiter in PhillygarcesfoodiesVIPDined on 8/9/2014Let me reiterate, Mike is the best waiter in Philadelphia! The food is excellent. We have been a few times and love the whole staff and experience. Also, they have the best cubano in Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappy dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was mediocre and we waited over an hour for it. Badly run.
- Stolen sunglasses1disappointeddinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014The environment if the restaurant is nice, but not great. The good was good overall; the orange chicken was delicious. The problem is that my friend left his sunglasses on the table and when we called to retrieve them we were told 'no one found them.' So either the waiter or bus boy stole them since both of those people would have to see the table before new guests arrived. Needless to say I would never eat here again.Special Features:
- Great Cuban FoodSouthPhillyPTVIPDined on 8/2/2014I have to say that the food is great and we enjoyed all the dishes. I will definitely try the tasting course next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good cocktails and guacScienceVIPDined on 7/27/2014The ham croquettes were delicious but I think they are also there at Amada.
- Amazing Menu!MarriedAChefVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great updated menu since opening, and it is superb! We loved everything, especially the conch fritters and the cuban sandwich. My husband also loved the milkshake options. Dylan, the manager was fantastic and was so incredibly kind to us. We will be going back soon and cannot wait to try other things on the menu! Thank You!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old City Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014We made a reservation for what turned out to be a Friday night in OC Restaurant Week. Table for seven (turned into party of ten) was easily accommodated. The food was absolutely delicious! As were the drinks. With so many people eating off of the limited RW menu, we were able to try just about everything and each item was as tasty as the next. Overall, would certainly go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great Service Alwayssedona214Dined on 7/25/2014We've been to Rosa Blanca several times now and have always had very good meals. The staff are incredibly friendly and are always helpful with a meal or drink selection. The Mojito's are a must!!Special Features:
- De nuevoPapaPepeDined on 7/24/2014On my sixth or seventh visit, this time with a business contact, Rosa Blanca did not disappoint. The Restaurant Week menu was compact and clear. The soups were top notch, the planchado sandwich cubano was sweet, the tres leches was just right. Do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better everytimeHuskieDined on 7/23/2014Rosa Balnca get better everytime! The service is phenomenal and everyone there is fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchTheBigCheeseVIPDined on 7/23/2014I had Ceviche fir an appetizer and the Cuban Sandwich. Both were excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/22/2014Loved Chifa and this is a really good replacement. However I did not know it was restaraunt week and the menu was limited. There were items I saw on the menu online that I wanted to try but did not appear on the menu for the week so that was a little disappointing.Special Features:
- business boothtrusteeDined on 7/22/2014Great business lunch in booth. Menu selection excellent for restaurant week.Special Features:
- Great!HarlemFoodieDined on 7/21/2014I truly enjoyed Rosa Blanca! My husband and I went for Restaurant Week and everything about it was great! I've always walked past this place because from the outside it just looks like some sort of diner, but once you step in it is an amazing restaurant with great seating and salsa music playing. Every dish that we ate was delicious. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carp1856Dined on 7/21/2014Mediocre at best. Considering his reputation, I was surprised. Maybe I'd try it again.Special Features:
- Tasty food, friendly serviceFoodiegalVIPDined on 7/20/2014We tried this restraurant during old city restaurant week. We were seated promptly, the food came out fast and was delicious. Make sure to try the ham croquettes, the fried pork shoulder was superb! We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Another Garces success storynjvsVIPDined on 7/18/2014I truly miss Chifa, but an excellent Cuban restaurant is very welcome to the Philadelphia restaurant scene.Special Features:
- UniquetrusteeDined on 7/17/2014Unique setting and menu. Perfect for a casual or business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KaetiDined on 7/17/2014The food was amazing. The heirloom tomato gespaco was incredible and the waitstaff/kitchen was extremely accommodating with my dietary restrictions. The ceviche was slightly disappointing but only because I've had better ceviche from this chef. This chef sets an extremely high bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly and goodPhillyCubanGirlDined on 7/13/2014Our party of 6 was already in a festive mood (birthday celebration of one person) so it made the restaurant better. The meals were good - some better than others like the masitas de puerco, the shrimp (too watery) and pollo a la brasa (dry) ...not so much. Mojitos with pomegranate juice were a hit, and the short wine list had well-chosen wines so that helped . The waitress was sweet and attentive....when she got a chance to be. Maybe a Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. is not such a good time because there were other tables with customers and she was the only wait staff we saw: not her fault. As a Cuban-American, I miss my Mami's food, and this was not her's, but not bad if you want good black beans and tostones with a mojito!Special Features:
- Cuban food...yummyMayiDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere very much !!! We are Cuban and thought this was a great Cuban inspired meal... They had run out of the dessert we wanted so a bit disappointed...but we will definitely go again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuban PerfectionJoelHenryDined on 7/11/2014Another Graces gem. Delicious food and drinks. Pricey if have no limits but completely reasonable for two on a Friday night. Good took a little long to get to the table but overall great experience. The Cubano is a great sandwich, as well as the Calle Ocho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyWorthTheCaloriesDined on 7/10/2014Tried Rosa Blanca after reading Cooking Light recommendation, and it did not disappoint! Classy atmosphere, attentive servers, and attention to detail in food preparation and presentation. Tortilla egg dish was scrumptious with touch or cilantro and peppers. Side of fresh avocado enhanced with lime zest. Guava pastry melts on tongue. Coffee and expresso perfectly prepared. What a find on our first trip to Philadelphia!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchDanielVIPDined on 7/9/2014Lunch was fantastic at Rosa Blanca. Guacamole was great and my salad was amazing. Will go back soon for dinner. Sit in the front room for lunch...better energySpecial Features:
- Solid food, very tasty, fun staffNJfoodiesDined on 7/5/2014Four of us met for many mojitos and designed our own tasting menu. They are from NY so they arrived with their own baggage about Philly restaurant scene. Impressed and nothing bad to say about variety and taste of all the dishes we ate and we tried almost the entire menu. Empanadas, cubano, chicken and ropa vieja were all stand outs. Only thing I can write as general feedback is portions could and should be larger. I will return!Special Features:
- Brought back childhood memories!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Loved this restaurant. It brought back lots of childhood memories! Went bak the next day for breakfast and had an awesome, huge cuban sandwich with authentic cafe con leche. The dinner the night before was really good! My husband is now hook on croquetas de jamon. The complementary yuca biscuits with the guava jam is out of this world. My husband kept saying that I needed to learn how to make them at home. I'm already referring my friends to this restaurant. Definitely will go again when I'm in PhillySpecial Features:
- Disappointing for Jose GarcesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014Food was mediocre and a little over priced. Service was mediocre especially since we were one of two parties in the restaurant. Not to the caliber of Jose Garce's other restaurants.
- Unfortunately We Got IllUSNA1971VIPDined on 7/4/2014All three of us became ill after eating lunch at this restaurant. We have dined here before and really enjoyed our dinners.
- Expected more from GarcesFoodConnoisseurVIPDined on 7/3/2014Unfortunately, the food left a lot more to be desired. The fact that classic dishes like the rice and beans weren't done well and lacked flavor was a true disappointment. The drinks with freshly made purée however are fabulous... Just go for drinks, skip the food.
- A Nice Spot!WildcatDined on 7/3/2014As a Cuban American, I'm always looking out for some of the comfort food that I grew up with. Toaa Blanca fits the bill with most of their offerings. My 13 year old and I had lunch on Thursday 7/3. There are two eating areas, When you first enter you're in the diner/coffee bar section of the room, set up with stools and a selection of various pastries on display. We were greated by the hostess at the dining room entrance in the next section. The room is set up with tables and booths. We were promptly seated. Here is what we ordered and can recommend: fish ceviche, beef empanadas, yucca fries (really good), tostones, cheesy bread, and a classic Cuban sandwich. The mojitos are tasty. For dessert we each had the flan and cafe con leche.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!Chipper13Dined on 6/25/2014I was looking for something a little different for my son who is in culinary school. The staff was kind, the waiter was awesome and the food was amazing! We all ordered something different (there were 5 of us) and no one was disappointed. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014The perfect place for our bday celebration!! Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.