Roots Restaurant and Bar
19215 SE 34th St Suite 110
Camas, WA 98607Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Roots Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rootsrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: 3602603001
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM; Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Brad Root
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Contact Christine Gibson at the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Gibson 3602603001
A word from Roots Restaurant and Bar
Fresh, seasonal and local food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Roots Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Vancouver, WA ›
Roots Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (7)good for groups (6)romantic (4)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always a WinnerJMNWVIPDined on 10/17/2014Roots is a go to for me. The cuisine is consistently great, the menu changes just enough but not too much and the service is fabulous. Rich, our regular waiter is fabulous; Chris is wonderful, Meesh is fantastic - and Meghan supports them all adding a fine touch to the service. I had a wonderful halibut with a potato galette and green beans. I started with the seared sea scallops with jasmine rice which was divine - truly a stellar dish. Rich suggested the Silverback Syrah and the Sangiovese, which our party thoroughly enjoyed. Wonderful spot!Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary here. Wonderful meal, attentive service. Roots seems to be our "Go To" restaurant when we want a memorable and special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth coming back for a 2nd visit!2ndVisitVIPDined on 10/5/2014This was my family's first visit to Roots and it was very good. They offered small plate selections that were perfectly sized for smaller appetites. Mom and I both ordered the scallops and steamed mussels (two separate small plates), which together was enough for a full meal for me. I could have been easily satisfied with just the scallops and a side salad, but both of those sounded so good, I had to order both. Mom would have been fine with just the scallops, but not knowing how small the small plates were, she ordered both. My dad ordered the short ribs, which was a generous portion for an 87-year-old man to eat (we had leftovers, of course). My husband order the gnocchi. Everything was delicious and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmmaDined on 9/19/2014Had dinner with a friend. Salad with roasted duck was delicious, Possibly this was the best roasted duck in my life. Soup and scallop dish were equally outstanding. Finished the meal with yummy dessert. Our waiter was excellent. I will be back.Special Features:
- Hidden gemQuicksdrawDined on 9/9/2014I had no idea such a good restaurant existed in my own backyard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal...JulesDined on 9/5/2014Food was wonderful, and our server Christy was great!Special Features:
- Date NightUltraNurdDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have a ten-month-old at home, at Roots was a lovely place for our first night out in far too long. The space is medium, broken up into bar, restaurant, event room, and patio. The decor is modern, with branches (well, roots, I suppose) woven in in places. The food was excellent, as were the cocktails. The gimlet was especially good, and the bacon arugula flatbread was amazing. The staff was knowledgeable, and quick to bus dishes; courses were well spaced, with plenty of time to chat and eat without feeling rushed. The place seemed quiet for a Saturday. If you sit facing the front of the restaurant at sunset, you get a fair bit of light in your eyes. That was the only negative.Special Features:
- Not as good as last time.ScottishregentDined on 8/22/2014Rib eye was excellent. The pork chop with pinenut mole was bland and overcooked. Was hoping for an outstanding meal as it was our one-year wedding anniversary. The service was top notch, wine and signature cocktail were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stopKathleenVIPDined on 8/14/2014Driving from Seattle to Portland, saw this spot on Open Table. Had the smoked chicken pasta; really good. Husband had caesar with chicken. It was good. Prices great. Worth the side trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Recommend RootsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The food was excellent. The server forgot our appetizer, but made it up to us by comping our dessert and drinks. The pan seared halibut was excellent as well as the lamb shank. I have already recommended this to place to my co-workers. There is also a nice outdoor dining area.Special Features:
- Excellent!Hc777VIPDined on 8/9/2014This is clearly the best food in town!! We praised the chefs as we left!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and NoisyNWSmileDined on 7/31/2014If you are looking for a spot to meet friends, this is the place in the bar area. Happy hour time is meet and greet time. If you want an intimate quite local to dine, this is not your spot due to the noisy bar scene. If you want to enjoy local, seasonal ingredients that are prepared to perfection, this is the place. Bottom line is the food was unexpectedly great. It was prepared to perfection, nothing was overcooked. But the noise from the bar made intimate conversation impossible. We did not dine late, and so I am not sure how the noise level would be at 8:00.Special Features:
- The following 131 reviews are from the Roots Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Always a favoriteAlexVIPDined on 6/23/2014We have dined at Roots on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed. We continue to feel that it is probably the best restaurant in the Vancouver-Camas area. We did mention on our OpenTable reservation that it was our anniversary. However, there was no recognition of this at the restaurant. It would have been nice if we had at least been greeted with a "Happy Anniversary" when we arrived. Other than that, a most pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodSteveDined on 6/22/2014This was our third visit to Roots & we weren't disappointed in the food department. We both started with the Mizuna Garden green salad & it was great; light & refreshing. I had the Lamb Shank which was simply delicious. The lamb fell off the bone & melted in my mouth. The polenta vegitables (asparagus & onion) were likewise outstanding. My wife had one of the specials of the night (Fettucini Carbonara) which she was very good. Dessert was the Chocolate Mouse Cake -- very rich; more than enough to share. Our only regret is that we don't live closer to Roots so we could go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We attended the Wine DinnerDarrellVSrDined on 6/19/2014The food was out standing.....all five courses. And the wines from Silverback Vineyards was also outstanding. I Mean OUTSTANDING. We especially liked the deconstructed ribeye was the hit of the night. We look forward to the next wine dinner and will be brining guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentLeslieBDVIPDined on 6/16/2014Lots of great choices on the menu and everything tastes wonderful. Hard to decide. The service is excellent and it is a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Great restaurant in a little townFoodFanDined on 6/15/2014We tried Roots as a last minute Father's Day event. The dining room is cute and modern, though, the tables seem to be placed close together. Service is quick and polite. They have a children's menu and my kids loved their mac and cheese. They don't eat at higher quality restaurants often and they could tell they were eating a better pasta dish immediately. We will definitely be returning soon. Camas is starting to see some really great eateries, and this is sure to be one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed!CosmicAngelDined on 6/15/2014Service was great. Food was in a more gourmet level then we were expecting and prices were high. It was very load so made it hard for conversation and it was early evening.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014Have been going to this restaurant for many years and the consistency of great food and service continues to be thereSpecial Features:
- GREAT NW cuisineTravellerVIPDined on 5/12/2014Roots has it. Great variety of dishes (vegetarian, seafood, meat, desserts). Their wine and cocktail list is well constructed. I would say I've never had a bad meal here, out of town guests are blown away by how good this neighborhood joint is.Special Features:
- Always great here!L8BlumrDined on 4/30/2014The food and service are always great at Roots. It took a bit longer than usual to get our bill, but otherwise he refilled our water glasses and checked on us regularly. We ate out on the patio for lunch on one of the first hot days in 2014, and I found myself wrestling with one of the vines that was growing on the fence. So they need to trim those. Ultimately, I just broke it off myself. Everyone loved their food, and it was easy to accommodate my pain-in-the-xxx need to avoid gluten and dairy just off the menu.Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 4/25/2014We were very pleased to find that Roots Restaurant has creative and delicious dishes, wonderful local wines and an attentive wait staff. Although we loved the small plates, the wild salmon is a signature meal. It's our new destination when we're in the Portland area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RootsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter brunch, food was decent but not exceptional. My husband said it was the worst bloody mary he has ever had and only drank 1/4 of it. The service was horrible. We had reservations and were seated right away however, we sat for 15 minutes before anyone came over to take our drink order and waited another 10 minutes for our drinks. It was 30 minutes from the time we were seated that our waitress came to take our order. Never saw any management staff the whole time we were there, hmmm, may be the problem.
- Love RootsPeteDined on 4/13/2014My wife and I stopped in for brunch on one sunny Sunday. Sat outside and enjoyed a wonderful brunch in a great atmosphere. Delicious food and the young lady who served us was excellent! We love eating at Roots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2014We have dined here many times over the years, and it always satisfies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining in VancouverjennigDined on 4/5/2014Excellent food -- the best I've had in the Vancouver area. Great selection of small plates as well as entrees. Especially liked the service which was good without being obtrusive - nobody grabbing one diner's empty plate before others had finished -- and they respected our request to let us pour our own wine. On a busy Saturday night, it was a bit noisy but, on the other hand, it was nice to be somewhere so vibrant. Loved it!Special Features:
- Simply WonderfulSteveDined on 3/29/2014My wife & I decided to celebrate our 523rd Monthaversary by having dinner at Roots. We're very glad we did & will return for sure. The food was simply fantastic & service was very good without being intrusive. We started with the mussels & the scallops. Both were excellent and simply melted in your mouth. The broth with the .mussels was somewhat oily for our taste but otherwise no complaints. For main courses, I had the fresh Alaska Halibut and my wife had the pineapple brined pork chop. The halibut was fantastic. My wife enjoyed her pork chop & brought half of it home as it was huge! When we arrived (7:00p.m.), the dining room was pretty lively noice wise but calmed down as the evening wore on. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AnonymousDined on 3/22/2014Service was impeccable, food was delicious, wine line was extensive enough for the occasion and the ambience was quiet allowing me to talk to my date without having to shout. I will definitely return and would recommend Root's to anyone wanting a 'higher-end' meal in the Vancouver area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingLeslieBDVIPDined on 3/22/2014I eat here often and the food and service are always excellent. Remarkable deserts, too!Special Features:
- Welll balanced plates combiningFBRider61Dined on 3/9/2014Welll balanced plates combining the traditional and modern culinary approaches. Use of local ingredients and great local list of Northwest wines. Relaxed atmosphere, with great and attentive service. Wish we had one in the DFW area!Special Features:
- Best food in the area.dougthornDined on 3/6/2014Would have given a 5 star if it wasn't for the babyshower group that was right next to us. Could hear each other talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD OK - WAY TOO NOISYGZzzzVIPDined on 2/22/2014This was our first visit to Roots. It was super busy and out waiter took awhile to get to us. When he did, he was very friendly; listened attentively to our questions and gave good answers. The steak I ordered was very greasy and full of gristle; I left 3/4 of it on my plate. My husband didn't enjoy his meal either; also too oily. In addition to the so-so food, the environment was just too loud for us to talk even though we sat side-by-side. Sorry but this one isn't going on our 'must return' list.
- Give your taste buds a treattopadinerDined on 2/17/2014Roots is one of the best restaurants in the Vancouver/Portland area. We absolutely love the small plates which are very fun to order a few as appetizers or several to share with a group. We have been so pleased with everything we've ordered and can't wait to try more! We would love to see another Roots open up in Lake Oswego or Portland's south waterfront!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Great food, great service! We've eaten here several times and have always had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodiesDined on 2/14/2014We were so pleased with out experience at Roots. First of all we were 10 minutes late but were received cheerfully and immediately escorted to our table. The wait staff was on the ball, answered questions and very friendly. Our meal was served quickly and the steak were done just right. We thoroughly enjoyed the night, even the Pineapple Chili Margarita. Hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great RestaurantStephenMesaDined on 1/26/2014I've always heard about this place and finally got around to trying it on my anniversary with my wife and her parents. Everything on the menu sounded good, which was filled with seasonal fresh ingredients. Our waitress was so friendly and kind that we didn't feel bad for taking so long to finally decide what to get! The only disappointment of the night was that they were out of the chicken liver mousse with the charcuterie board. The chicken entree was very moist and tender, and the risotto was cooked perfectly. Couldn't have asked for a better dining experience! They even served us our dessert on a plate that had "happy anniversary" written on it with chocolate sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night out.MrFinickyDined on 1/18/2014Had a good time at the Roots. The service and ambience was refreshingly nice. The food was good but with a few tweeks could have been better. The appetizers were nice but the scallops were just slightly underdone. I would rather have that then over done though. The steamed mussels were perfectly cooked and tender but both my wife and I think one clove of garlic added to the broth would have raised the bar. The wine was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great experiencealpfriDined on 1/9/2014Came here for a dinner with my in-laws. We had another great dinner. We enjoy his they use local products and produce, and how they add flair to their dishes. One of Vancouver's gems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canned Beets and PresentationOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2013When we first entered the restaurant the waiting area was crowded and When we got a chance to look in the restaurant we rapidly decided to sit and the only hip looking place, the bar. The rest of the restaurant looks like an assisted living facility. We were excited to try a new place. We both order a drink and started the process of ordering bad food. I ordered the beets salad which came with canned beets. My husband ordered a cheese plate which had all the ingredients but it was served on a old beat up white plate, a wood board would be better. My dinner was just as disappointing. Nothing seemed fresh. To top it off, the bar is so poorly designed. There is NO knee space and we had to eat sideways. I don't recommend it.
- Very Tasty and Enjoyable DinnerMurielDined on 12/31/2013Although a little expensive, we had a very delicious New Year's Eve dinner at Roots. They have a good selection of wines, and a variety of menu choices. For starters, I had a hearty potato and leek soup, the King Fisher Farms spinach salad with warm cider dressing, bacon, apples and walnuts, which are large enough to share. As the main course I had Draper Valley chicken on mashed potatoes, bacon brussel sprouts and pomegranate glaze. I am not a fan of brussel sprouts, but after tasting Roots'spreparation, with the bacon and glaze I think I may become a fan. The meal was extremely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.