Root25 Taphouse & Kitchen
7800 East Tufts Avenue
Denver, CO 80237Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
Gastro PubPrice: $31 to $50
Root25 Taphouse & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.root25denver.com/
- Phone: 3032217668
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kimo Akana
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Root25 Taphouse & Kitchen
Root25 Taphouse & Kitchen is a playful exploration of the historic recipes of Colorado pubs, bistros and watering holes while utilizing regional products with emphasis on the dynamics of seasonality. We seek to quench the ever increasing demand for craft beer by offering a rotating selection of the finest brews and ales from the region along with craft cocktails honoring the speakeasies of yore.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Root25 Taphouse & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always a HitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Root25 never let's me down. When I am entertaining potential clients this is the place I like to take them. The Hyatt service is definitely can been seen and felt and the atmosphere is sophisticated without stuffy. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Good, but not a "must return"CarlosDined on 9/18/2014Overall we enjoyed our meal at Root25. We had the artichoke appetizer, which was delicious (we even ordered more dipping sauce!), and the wine and beer selections were great. The main course was good, too, but not exceptional. I had the lamb tenderloin, which was cooked properly medium-rare, but the accompaniments were disappointing. Was the eggplant meant to be served cold under the lamb? The spinach looked like it came straight out of the frozen box. Again, overall we liked it, but as many choices as there are out there, I'm not sure the whole experience was good enough for a return visit.
- Don't Waste Your Time or MoneyAPacionDined on 6/27/2014Parking was inconvienent. The food and drinks were extremely overpriced. This place considers themselves "American Cusine" and there wasn't anything on the menu that I would consider appetizing, unless you want to pay $15 for a burger. We made reservations thinking this was a "hot spot" and the place was dead. I wouldn't suggest this place to anyone, nor will I be back.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Root25 Taphouse & Kitchen reviews archive.
- Good Lunch SpoteatoutalotVIPDined on 6/10/2014Interesting lunch spot in the DTC. Located in a hotel and good lunch option.Special Features:
- Best Mother's Day EverRebeccaDenverDined on 5/11/2014The staff for the Mother's Day Brunch at Root 25 Taphouse was amazing. We had a party of 12 including two toddlers and the experience was heavenly. The staff was so attentive to our young children and to our table. The food was amazing for a brunch and we will definitely return next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Alternative...eatoutalotVIPDined on 12/12/2013...to the DTC chain lunch spots. Excellent burgers and sandwiches, nice sunny spot and efficient lunch service. Yes, it is in a hotel but no the prices are not a gouge. A great find....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2013The service was terrible. Our server came to our table twice to check on us. Ordered the fish and it was terrible. Had to track down our server so that we could send it back. Not impressed.
- Interesting But No CompellingScottinAuroraVIPDined on 10/19/2013We went there hoping to like the place, but in the end, not a place we'd recommend to friends. The setting, at least where we were sitting, was a part of the large open air hotel atrium. You knew you were in a hotel, especially with fairly loud event going on. Service was just OK, and the food, although good (and somewhat interesting/unique), seemed a bit too high priced. And the fact that a Tap House was out of both Stouts didn't sit right with me either. Enjoyed it to a degree, but with so many other options, so reason to head back.
- Horrible, even for hotel standardsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2013Food overcooked, bad tasting. For that quality it should have been less than half the price. The waitresses did not have a clue,
- Terrible serviceUnsatisfiedDined on 8/23/2013$40 for an appetizer and two beers, forgotten by our server, we will not be returning
- Staying at the Hyatt / havingvisitorDined on 8/2/2013Staying at the Hyatt / having a large group without enough transportation & weather limiting our walking to a choice nearby directed us to Root25. The wait staff was marvelous, attentive, nice. Although the food was tasty, it was also meager in proportion to price. We appreciated the use of local resourses, however several restaurants in the metro area do this & manage to keep their prices in check or serve a reasonable size amount. ? Really, a salad in a soup cup? The noise was excessive, perhaps some dividers between the bar & far eatting area would be helpful.
- Cold beer, disappointing serviceDinerDined on 7/30/2013Although billed as a "pub" like atmosphere the place looks and feels like a hotel restaurant/lounge. Nothing special. The local beer selection is good and the beer was cold. But as others have noted the service was really pretty slow and inattentive. Food was ok but nothing special. I won't be returning.
- Place has potential but burgersJafeyVIPDined on 7/3/2013Place has potential but burgers were WAY overcooked and the person I was with didn't get all the toppings on the burger for some reason.
- Not a good dinner choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/1/2013I've stayed at this hotel quite a bit - have eaten at Root 25 for breakfast many times. Food and service is very good. This was my first dinner experience. The food was OK, but service was poor. When food was delivered, it wasn't as ordered (even got tortilla soup without the tortilla, which I had to ask for). The restaurant sounds like it's a good choice for brewery choices, but I wouldn't recomment for dinner.
- The new bar is a beauty!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2013The new bar is a beauty!! We had visited the old bar befor. Dark & dated!! Root 25 is bright and inviting. The Live Entertainment was amazing, young man named Josh Blackburn!! We'd definitely go back to see him!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PotentialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2013Great menu featuring lots of locally sourced food and drinks. Service was good but items not delivered delayed the meal...seemed to be confusion among servers.
- Good Finddmb711Dined on 6/16/2013Hidden away in the Hyatt Tech Center, this taphouse has many brews and wines to pick from. The bar area is off the seating area for dining, allowing for good times at the bar and a quieter meal experience for those preferring. Having gone for lunch, we were all very pleased with the selection of items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great experience.luv2VIPDined on 5/23/2013We had a great experience. Delicious bison chops with garlic mashed potatoes and tenderloin; all cooked to perfection! Great beers also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abysmal restaurantTastyFoodDined on 5/12/2013Worst dining experience in a long time! There was food smeared on the floor from brunch. The waitress didn't give us the whole menu (pages missing) or specials until asked. When they poured the wine they didn't pour all of it from the carafe and when asked for all of the wine in the carafe they didn't give it to us and acted as if we were somehow in the wrong. The food was burned with cold BBQ sauce poured over top. We all left hungry and unhappy and this was supposed to be a nice Mother's Day dinner. And the food was expensive. I've had better meals in airplanes. Clearly this restaurant is confused about how to operate properly. I hope visitors to Denver are smart enough to eat elsewhere in one of our many excellent establishments.
- DispleasedDispleasedDined on 5/12/2013This was the worse brunch experience: Food half warm, food variety not well put together. Young man cooking omelets not skilled dropping one on the floor. And egg batter dripping on side of skillet on an attempt flip. The food and ambience did not match the price. I ate at the Hyatt for Easter and was very pleased. This was a F. Mrs. Dean