685 3rd Street
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rootsoma.com/
- Phone: 4159049897
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-2:30am
Dinner: M-F 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Thai
- Executive Chef: Ratchanee Aryispinsoook
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Root
SOMA's new Thai-Fusion restaurant serving contemporary Thai favorites and Thai street food, the drinking food of Thailand.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Root reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice but slowOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2013Good food, nice servers but pretty slow. It took us 90 minutes to get lunch, 22 minutes before our order was taken. So it's good, but make sure you have time. I'll use them again but for take out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Root is a gemSpecialKVIPDined on 7/16/2013Friendly, attentive service tonight. The green curry was outstanding- definitely the best in the neighborhood. Samosas, pad thai, and tom kha soup were also very good. Clean, modern space. Definitely worth checking out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clumsy serviceRezziechickVIPDined on 5/29/2013The food was fine but nothing was a standout, and we ordered 4 different things. Our waitress was clumsy throughout the dinner. We were only given forks and when we requested knives she brought us EIGHT different ones and there were only 2 of us? We each just needed a knife to cut with, we didn't 4 different kinds each to use/choose from? We thought that was really strange. In SF's super competitive restaurant scene this restaurant needs to get it together or it's not going to last long.
- Great New SpotMCubedDined on 5/29/2013there was a giants game the night i was there, suprisingly there was really no one there. the food was great and a great value for the quality. there are areas to lounge with friends and i think this could be a great place to hang with friends.Special Features:
- Check out this gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2013This restaurant is a find! The thai food is outstanding - well presented, creative, and delicious. The service is friendly, subtle and not in your face - very conscious of serving their customers. I highly recommend you try it. They have a great bar serving all types of whiskey. I think they will become a part of what they are known for. There is a very vibrant bar scene upstairs from the restaurant and this restaurant provides the food for this bar, as well. You can't lose. I've been there twice and definitely will go again. It is nice to have such a place so close to the ball park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.