Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - Uptown
150 N College St
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - Uptown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 7043707667
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm Lunch: Closed Saturday and Sunday Dinner: Monday - Friday 3:00 pm - Until Dinner:Saturday : 4:00 pm - Until Dinner: Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Southern
- Executive Chef: Joe Kindred
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Corner of 5th and College
- Public Transit: One block north from Light Rail Transit Station stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: One Bank of America Parking Deck. $2.00 for two hours with validation. Enter into 1 Bank of America parking deck through the College St. entrance directly next to Roosters street entrance. Take the elevator to level 6 and follow signs that take you towards Founders Hall. Once you reach the main lobby of 1 Bank of America, we are located on the right just down the stairs.
A word from Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - Uptown
A Consumption Revolution in Uptown, Charlotte. Rooster's Wood Fired Kitchen, A Jim Noble Restaurant, will redefine dining out. A food and wine bar featuring an a la carte menu of comfortable Spanish, French and Italian influenced selections prepared on a wood fired grill, rotisserie and imported Italian oven. Rooster's is high quality and affordable casual cuisine combined with a local Southern boy's culinary impartations. The open kitchen centered in the dining room allows the guest to view the crafting of cuisine while dining at the kitchen's antique granite countertop on a hand crafted pub bar stool. Finishes of Leather, antique stone, beautiful crafted woodwork and wrought iron parallels the artisan architecture and design with artisan, hand crafted styled cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - Uptown - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - Uptown reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)good for groups (31)special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (25)romantic (24)hot spot (24)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Had a great time!57mgamanDined on 9/26/2014Food was very good. Service was great. Will come back again!Special Features:
- Grart Place!! Great Food!!57mgamanDined on 9/24/2014Had a GREAT dinner!! Had a group and everyone loved the place. Manager is The BEST this past Wed night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love RoostersLuvRoostersDined on 9/13/2014Great way to show friends the great food in Charlotte!Special Features:
- The BestCharlotteFoodieDined on 9/12/2014I have been to Roosters a few times over the past year. Most notably on Friday night for my girlfriend's birthday. Roosters went above and beyond to deliver top notch food and service. We truly felt like guests of honor and this further solidified Roosters as our favorite restaurant in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMoeyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We went for lunch on a Friday. Nice atmosphere and attentive staff. Food was excellent especially the shrimp and grits. Had a drink at the bar downstairs after lunch. It is comfortable and although empty at that time it would be great for happy hour.Special Features:
- Nothing special herenluvwithfoodDined on 9/12/2014I chose this place for a vendor to take a small group to last week and was very embarrassed. The vendor wanted to switch out a plate that came with fries to onion rings. The waitress kept saying no you cannot do that you have to take the plate the way it is and order onion rings on the side as another item and pay the extra fee. I think this is ridiculous and embarrassing. What happened to the customer is always right. Why is it more important for the wait staff to make it easy for the kitchen staff than it is to please a customer. This was very disappointing after all I had recommended the restaurant and it seemed like such a small simple request and it turned into quite an ordeal. Our bill was probably close to $80 for 3 people.
- Roosters UptownKathyDined on 9/6/2014Great service from Jimmy. Excellent food, drink and appetizers. Only exception was my natural (not BBQ) chicken. It was on the dry side. We were celebrating our anniversary and wanted to go somewhere nice, yet casual. Parking is very convenient and the restaurant stamps for the first two hours. We received complimentary champagne to toast the special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLovetoDineDined on 9/6/2014Great food and VERY educated staff. Only con was they were out of a couple of items at 6 pm on a Saturday. However, very much on the go to list of places.
- Outstanding food and serviceTrendyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Delicious food and amazing service, never disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Rooster'stalkstretchDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant was incredible. Our server, Michael B., was informative, welcoming, and extremely professional. Probably one of the best servers we've ever had! The food was incredible- not overdone or over-seasoned. Great NC beers and the cocktail my wife had was wonderful. We highly recommend and will return on our next visit to Charlotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally ImpressedBlindspotDined on 8/27/2014The food was amazing. The staff was knowledgeable and open with advice. Had chosen restaurant for easy location and was very much impressed with the food and the staff. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Great findCWBCDined on 8/19/2014Food was top notch along with a great draft craft beer and wine selection. Service was great and dining area was really enjoyable. Don't be decirved from street level there is a second floor of the restaurant that makes for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New2CharlotteDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went here for an anniversary dinner. We wanted something not overly pricey and stuffy with quality food. Roosters delivered. It started with some complimentary champagne once seated to complimentary dessert to end the meal. Adding the note in the Open Table reservation made me look really good to the Mrs. The apps (carpaccio and mussels) were delicious, my crabcake and her duck confit were perfectly portioned and had great flavor. The service was superb and friendly. The open kitchen view is a nice touch. Would definitely go back. The only negative for me was the location in the B of A building. It is less than ideal but once you are in the restaurant, you forget about the location.Special Features:
- Queen City royalty!OTPDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014What a great find! We loved the decor, ambience and vibe even before sitting down. Our server was knowledgeable and just fun. Food was excellent. Very good cocktail and wine list as well. We especially loved the reasonable portion sizes. Unlike some restaurants that must believe they are serving only linebackers and lumberjacks the portions here are very moderate which gives a sense of sophistication and elegance missing from restaurants where every table just groans with heaps of food. You enjoy your meal without feeling stuffed. See y'all next time!Special Features:
- Favorite charlotte restaurantKdaskalowDined on 8/15/2014Everything here rocks my world. Food. Service. Ambiance. This is our third time & I can't imagine going anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern, Southern, AppealingalamodeDined on 8/15/2014Excellent Southern veggie sides. Very good local sourcing. Tender well made fresh pasta. Proteins perfectly prepared and infused with wood smoke. All dishes were flavorful and properly portioned. Attentive and welcoming staff. Contemporary steel and glass decor with look of a old school English restaurant or local pub. Open kitchen is a delight. Perfect for couples. Prices in line with slightly upscale dining. One of Charlotte's very best. Try everything that appeals; you will not be disappointed. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedDutchmanVIPDined on 8/15/2014I really enjoy this restaurant as they always have great food and service with a smile. Been here several times (and also the South Park location) and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- DisappointedCorporateEmployeeDined on 8/8/2014had gone in with high expectations but came away disappointed. One member in our party ordered a Cobb Salad which consisted of a wedge of lettuce with extremely small portions of other ingredients. There was no more than a teaspon of chicken. The burgers were ok but more in the size of a slider. The one shining star was the french fries. They were very good. Woulds probably not go back there for lunch.
- perfect!CCB21yearsDined on 8/7/2014We had our anniversary dinner at Roosters Uptown - the food and wine were divine!Special Features:
- FantasticNCKovacsDined on 8/2/2014Always consistently great! Food and service are both the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AngelkayDined on 8/2/2014Really enjoyed Roosters! The food was delicious. The portions were just right and we were able to order dessert too, which was probably my favorite part!! The coconut cake was outstanding!! Great atmosphere as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good go-to!DutchmanVIPDined on 7/29/2014I have been to the Southpark location and the uptown location and these are always great go-to restaurants. Great food, interesting specials, nice selection of beer and wine. I really enjoy going here!.Special Features:
- Cool place in a hot townLive2eatDined on 7/28/2014Super service, fresh ingredients cooked to perfection. A wine list to crow about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTrendyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great service, very accommodating, fantastic food!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I asked my wife if they had chickenhateuptownDined on 7/25/2014I don't go uptown very much so when my wife told me we were going with friends to Roosters uptown I said good, they have chicken I assume. She laughed at me and I didn't quite understand why until we got there. It's just the name of an upscale restaurant that among other things has chicken dishes. Everyone enjoyed their meals, the vegitarian was pleased, her meat eater husband enjoyed his meal. My wife enjoyed her seafood and sharing with everyone at the table. My chicken was good too.Special Features:
- Great Stuff!DutchmanVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went to lunch, sat at the bar downstairs, smiles all around from staff. Interesting specials and the food was delicious. Great selection of beers and wine. I enjoy it here, tremendously.Special Features:
- GreatTamSprottDined on 7/19/2014We actually accidently found the Rooster`s at Southpark back in Feb late one night! Enjoyed, this trip to town visited the location uptown! Enjoyed very much as well! We shall return! OpenTable was a great experience:))))Special Features:
- Not worth the $$Dinner2Die4Dined on 7/18/2014Though there was nothing specifically terrible about the place, I wouldn't really recommend it as a prime place to eat. Portion sizes are small and well over priced, the facility is somewhat small and service is marginal. Apparently reservations don't matter so I guess it's not worth making them, I had reservations for two at 745, got there at 735 and asked to be seated early. They stated "we're still waiting for our 730 reservations to arrive"....fair enough, we took a seat at the bar, which was good, and proceeded to wait until 8pm to be seated...wonder if they told people they were still waiting for their 745 crowd?
- Roosters third times a charmMuffinandGorillaDined on 7/18/2014This was our third time to Roosters and it keeps getting better. This time everything was prepared perfectly and nothly was over seasoned. The pace of the meal was on point and though it was busy it was not as loud as before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was way offTheaterGoerVIPDined on 7/16/2014Dined at Rooster's many times before as it is great food and convenient to Blumenthal. This night the service was way off making for a less than perfect dining experience. When the waitress was opening the bottle of wine she had a difficult time with the cork. After finally getting it open, she did not seem to understand why the customer is offered a taste test. But worse was that I ordered mussels. There were about 12 in the order but five of the 12 did not open, therefore inedible. When I mentioned that to the server that came by, he said "that is unfortunate." No one apparently cared and I decided not to escalate to the "guy in the tie" running around due to time constraints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014Food is always tasty and fresh. Love the chefs are open and in the middle. Nice to see such great teamwork too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before concert hotspotMaryDined on 7/12/2014Was a perfect spot to dine before a concert at Time Warner--all within walking distance. Make a reservation and have a lovely meal before your concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Those zucchini fries - wow!!!ellegillespieDined on 7/12/2014We had a 5 p.m. reservation but because of traffic during our 2-hour trip to get there, we were late and the reservation was lost. We were offered bar seats watching the kitchen - perfectly acceptable. There were lots of empty tables while we ate dinner, so not sure about that... Only complaint about the bar seats is the heat! Oy! Having said that, the food does not disappoint, and our server was awesome - he allowed us to call him JT through our visit since we were headed to the Timberlake concert. All in all a great visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Roosters has always been at the top of my list. Whenever we are looking for a quality dinner, this is where we go. Especially if out of town guests are in we will be sure to take them to this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food- wonderful servicelmk4VIPDined on 6/30/2014Yummy food and great atmosphere! A wonderful downtown spot to relax and enjoy well prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodchocolatemooseDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I had a difficult time choosing our entrees because everything on the menu sounded fantastic. The chef really understands what ingredients to put together to create something that tastes excellent. We were ultimately happy with our choices, and we look forward to returning to try other items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkBettyDined on 6/28/2014I would say it is okay. Not anything bad or remarkableSpecial Features:
- Great Charlotte Pre-Theatre SpotHappydinerDined on 6/28/2014Beautiful dinner before a Booth Theatre event!. Waiter -- TROY -- was THE BEST! Did not feel rushed but was in-out with a relaxing dinner in an hour, 15 minutes. He made perfect recommendations for wine, apps & dinner. And, for a rainy night did not get wet -- parking garage connected to Roosters -- walkway to theatre! Look forward to next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedAlexVIPDined on 6/20/2014I've never gone to Roosters and been disappointed. The food is always fresh and flavorful. The soft shell crab special rivaled anything you could get in Maryland or DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business dinnerhenryVIPDined on 6/10/2014I've eaten at Roosters SP several times, but first at uptown store. Waiter was busy and very distracted. first bottle of wine was corked. I had the pasta special--way too salty--like eating a box of salt. Bus staff kept passing by our table dropping food, dishes, and water which splashed on my guess--this happened twice. the bus girl that cleared our table spilled water and olive oil on the table and did not come back to wipe up. when I asked the waiter to wipe the table she seem annoyed and gave it a small wipe, but did not completely clean the table so we used our napkins. Seems like the wait staff needs training.Special Features: