Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - Uptown
150 N College St
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - Uptown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (704) 370-7667
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm Lunch: Closed Saturday and Sunday Dinner: Monday - Friday 3:00 pm - Until Dinner:Saturday : 4:00 pm - Until Dinner: Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Southern
- Executive Chef: Joe Kindred
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Corner of 5th and College
- Public Transit: One block north from Light Rail Transit Station stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: One Bank of America Parking Deck. $2.00 for two hours with validation. Enter into 1 Bank of America parking deck through the College St. entrance directly next to Roosters street entrance. Take the elevator to level 6 and follow signs that take you towards Founders Hall. Once you reach the main lobby of 1 Bank of America, we are located on the right just down the stairs.
A word from Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - Uptown
A Consumption Revolution in Uptown, Charlotte. Rooster's Wood Fired Kitchen, A Jim Noble Restaurant, will redefine dining out. A food and wine bar featuring an a la carte menu of comfortable Spanish, French and Italian influenced selections prepared on a wood fired grill, rotisserie and imported Italian oven. Rooster's is high quality and affordable casual cuisine combined with a local Southern boy's culinary impartations. The open kitchen centered in the dining room allows the guest to view the crafting of cuisine while dining at the kitchen's antique granite countertop on a hand crafted pub bar stool. Finishes of Leather, antique stone, beautiful crafted woodwork and wrought iron parallels the artisan architecture and design with artisan, hand crafted styled cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - Uptown - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - Uptown reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (78)good for groups (38)special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (30)notable wine list (29)vibrant bar scene (21)romantic (20)great for lunch (18)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Always GoodJaymeVIPDined on 11/18/2014I consider this restaurant quite good, but not great. The food is always high quality, but it's just not special and the menu doesn't vary much from visit to visit. It's sort of a small plates concept, which means you should order sides to have a complete meal (like at a steak house). The sides are quite good, but overpriced, so in the end, dinner is a bit more expensive than I think is warranted. Warning - the kale salad is NOT good. I like kale and have had great kale salads at other restaurants. This one didn't do it for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooser UptownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Look over the menu online before you go. The food is good with local and fresh choices being the focus, but options are some whAt limited. Most of the entrees are centered around meat and including the specials They have a nice selection of beers and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Priceless ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014The service was just as AMAZING as the food!!! On my top five places to eat in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!!!abc12333Dined on 11/15/2014We were in town for the first time and a friend recommended dinner at Rooster's. We are SO GLAD she did because it was one of the best meals we've had in a long time. The waitress recommended the au gratin potatoes and they were absolutely life changing! So delicious. We also got the hanger steak, scallops, assorted mushrooms, and polenta. It was my birthday and they comped our bread pudding dessert! Overall fantastic birthday dinner and outstanding food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so soCJB1Dined on 11/14/2014I was expecting to be wowed by this place - in the end it was fine, but really, just fine. The menu looks good value at the offset, but as all the sides are extra, and cost between $6 and $10 it soon adds up. The scallops were extremely good - lightly handled and well matched with the puree underneath. Short ribs very good, but so rich that it was difficult to get through - they needed a little acid to cut the fat. The dish I was most disappointed with was the bbq chicken - the wood firing was no doubt great, but it came in a bowl swimming in a faintly acrid and over tomatoey sauce. It kind of spoilt it, to be honest. They served deep fried duck wings as an appetizer - in fact these were 2 duck wings split in half, to give you 4 tiny pieces. As they have duck leg confit and duck breast on the menu, you know they are getting these for free. Kudos for making money out of what others would fling in the stock pot, but really, just an extra wing would've made the plate less mean looking. All in all we paid quite a lot of money for some good, but not great cooking. Partly my fault in ordering, but I would choose very carefully next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotBizTravelerDined on 11/11/2014We could not have been more pleased. It definitely lived up to its billing from people that recommended it. The service was incredible, Charlie was outstanding, he kept us informed and showed us some items that were must haves on the menu. We had a 3 hour dinner/meeting and they were very nice to allow us to stay and finish. The food was out of this world crazy, have to try the Collard Greens "if they have them". All of entrees lived up to the recommendation from Charlie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!KateVIPDined on 11/6/2014Always good food, wine and service! Joe always finds a good wine for us to enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysScottVIPDined on 10/25/2014I always have a great meal here. Great execution and good flavors-- they always nail the protein perfectly. Some of the dishes are a bit salty, but I say that about most restaurants, too, it seems. Best Mac and cheese in Charlotte. Awesome kale Caesar salad. The sauces on the protein complement, not overpower the dish. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!ninaDined on 10/23/2014My husband and I have lived and traveled all over the world. We are both considered 'foodies.' We had the best meal that we have had in years at Rooster's. The flounder was cooked to perfection and brilliantly seasoned. The accompanying vegetables were both innovative and delicious. An altogether superb meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!LovetoWineDined on 10/21/2014We ate overlooking the kitchen, food was amazing as was the service. Great beer and wine list. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Rooting for Rooster'sAfoodiesincebirthVIPDined on 10/21/2014Friendly hostess and server, excellent scallops and roasted beets, and a yummy white wine find on the menu. I can't wait for my next trip to Charlotte so I can eat here again!Special Features:
- Good for Gluten FreeKatieDined on 10/18/2014I was happy that they have a separate Gluten Free menu, and while they don't have any special GF items, it's nice to know what you can have right off the bat. Our waitress recommended the Short Ribs as her favorite thing on the menu, and they were outstanding! Everyone in my group enjoyed the meal. The sides are all a la carte, so we ordered four sides for four people and split them, if everyone is hungry I would recommend getting 5 sides. Everything is delicious!
- mmsaVIPDined on 10/18/2014food was very good. The hostess was very accommodating as we had a reservation for 7 and showed up with 9 people. And they still accommodated us. We sat in the bar which was fun and had great service and great food. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple Awesome!3gullsandabouyVIPDined on 10/17/2014Our new fav in uptown Charlotte. we just hate we waited so long to try it. Fried Oysters are the BEST I have ever had... Unbelievable grits... Mac n cheese is great... We will be back... Soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food wonderful as usual...DrDMBDined on 10/15/2014Though the food was great as usual, the wait staff was not as well versed in good customer service as I'm used to experiencing there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy place for a business meetingNolieDined on 10/6/2014Lots of great food. Space for all size tables. Food you can share.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperieneDRGxDined on 10/4/2014Our meal at Rooster's was excellent. While the appetizers were just okay, the rest of the meal was wonderful. I had the scallops and my husband had the duck confit. We shared the pan-fried corn and roasted fingerling potatoes. All these dishes were wonderful. We shared the banana cream pie for dessert, which was also very good. Seeing the staff work in the open kitchen is an added bonus. Such a hard working team and impressive team work! We'll definitely be back when in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJuliaVIPDined on 10/4/2014This place was amazing. I tend to get fish when I am out, but I asked the server what was her favorite. She suggested short ribs. She was correct . They were amazing . I can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is the Chocolate?CindyLeeVIPDined on 10/3/2014This is my favorite restaurant, we had specials this night which were outstanding. The standard menu has a varied selection, but go for the specials for a special treat of local and seasonal delights. The food is always GREAT and the service is friendly and efficient. The Bar is also a good choice for light fare with something unique. Nice bartenders and staff downstairs also. My only complaint, which I have expressed before to the staff, is no 'serious' Chocolate dessert. The only item with Chocolate is the Cheesecake Brownie has been there for a while and it's a disappointment, 90% Cheesecake and 10% something Chocolate like. The Chocolate Gelato is nice but doesn't go well with wine!Special Features:
- Roosters Uptown is Great for LunchLadyDiVIPDined on 10/2/2014They are pretty crowded so try the bar area downstairs. Food is fresh and well prepared. The waitstaff in the bar are great. Vietnamese pork sandwich is my go to meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time!57mgamanDined on 9/26/2014Food was very good. Service was great. Will come back again!Special Features:
- Grart Place!! Great Food!!57mgamanDined on 9/24/2014Had a GREAT dinner!! Had a group and everyone loved the place. Manager is The BEST this past Wed night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love RoostersLuvRoostersDined on 9/13/2014Great way to show friends the great food in Charlotte!Special Features:
- The BestCharlotteFoodieDined on 9/12/2014I have been to Roosters a few times over the past year. Most notably on Friday night for my girlfriend's birthday. Roosters went above and beyond to deliver top notch food and service. We truly felt like guests of honor and this further solidified Roosters as our favorite restaurant in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMoeyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We went for lunch on a Friday. Nice atmosphere and attentive staff. Food was excellent especially the shrimp and grits. Had a drink at the bar downstairs after lunch. It is comfortable and although empty at that time it would be great for happy hour.Special Features:
- Nothing special herenluvwithfoodDined on 9/12/2014I chose this place for a vendor to take a small group to last week and was very embarrassed. The vendor wanted to switch out a plate that came with fries to onion rings. The waitress kept saying no you cannot do that you have to take the plate the way it is and order onion rings on the side as another item and pay the extra fee. I think this is ridiculous and embarrassing. What happened to the customer is always right. Why is it more important for the wait staff to make it easy for the kitchen staff than it is to please a customer. This was very disappointing after all I had recommended the restaurant and it seemed like such a small simple request and it turned into quite an ordeal. Our bill was probably close to $80 for 3 people.
- Roosters UptownKathyDined on 9/6/2014Great service from Jimmy. Excellent food, drink and appetizers. Only exception was my natural (not BBQ) chicken. It was on the dry side. We were celebrating our anniversary and wanted to go somewhere nice, yet casual. Parking is very convenient and the restaurant stamps for the first two hours. We received complimentary champagne to toast the special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLovetoDineDined on 9/6/2014Great food and VERY educated staff. Only con was they were out of a couple of items at 6 pm on a Saturday. However, very much on the go to list of places.
- Outstanding food and serviceTrendyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Delicious food and amazing service, never disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Rooster'stalkstretchDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant was incredible. Our server, Michael B., was informative, welcoming, and extremely professional. Probably one of the best servers we've ever had! The food was incredible- not overdone or over-seasoned. Great NC beers and the cocktail my wife had was wonderful. We highly recommend and will return on our next visit to Charlotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally ImpressedBlindspotDined on 8/27/2014The food was amazing. The staff was knowledgeable and open with advice. Had chosen restaurant for easy location and was very much impressed with the food and the staff. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Great findCWBCDined on 8/19/2014Food was top notch along with a great draft craft beer and wine selection. Service was great and dining area was really enjoyable. Don't be decirved from street level there is a second floor of the restaurant that makes for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New2CharlotteDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went here for an anniversary dinner. We wanted something not overly pricey and stuffy with quality food. Roosters delivered. It started with some complimentary champagne once seated to complimentary dessert to end the meal. Adding the note in the Open Table reservation made me look really good to the Mrs. The apps (carpaccio and mussels) were delicious, my crabcake and her duck confit were perfectly portioned and had great flavor. The service was superb and friendly. The open kitchen view is a nice touch. Would definitely go back. The only negative for me was the location in the B of A building. It is less than ideal but once you are in the restaurant, you forget about the location.Special Features:
- Queen City royalty!OTPDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014What a great find! We loved the decor, ambience and vibe even before sitting down. Our server was knowledgeable and just fun. Food was excellent. Very good cocktail and wine list as well. We especially loved the reasonable portion sizes. Unlike some restaurants that must believe they are serving only linebackers and lumberjacks the portions here are very moderate which gives a sense of sophistication and elegance missing from restaurants where every table just groans with heaps of food. You enjoy your meal without feeling stuffed. See y'all next time!Special Features:
- Favorite charlotte restaurantKdaskalowDined on 8/15/2014Everything here rocks my world. Food. Service. Ambiance. This is our third time & I can't imagine going anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern, Southern, AppealingalamodeDined on 8/15/2014Excellent Southern veggie sides. Very good local sourcing. Tender well made fresh pasta. Proteins perfectly prepared and infused with wood smoke. All dishes were flavorful and properly portioned. Attentive and welcoming staff. Contemporary steel and glass decor with look of a old school English restaurant or local pub. Open kitchen is a delight. Perfect for couples. Prices in line with slightly upscale dining. One of Charlotte's very best. Try everything that appeals; you will not be disappointed. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedDutchmanVIPDined on 8/15/2014I really enjoy this restaurant as they always have great food and service with a smile. Been here several times (and also the South Park location) and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- DisappointedCorporateEmployeeDined on 8/8/2014had gone in with high expectations but came away disappointed. One member in our party ordered a Cobb Salad which consisted of a wedge of lettuce with extremely small portions of other ingredients. There was no more than a teaspon of chicken. The burgers were ok but more in the size of a slider. The one shining star was the french fries. They were very good. Woulds probably not go back there for lunch.
- perfect!CCB21yearsDined on 8/7/2014We had our anniversary dinner at Roosters Uptown - the food and wine were divine!Special Features:
- FantasticNCKovacsDined on 8/2/2014Always consistently great! Food and service are both the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.