Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - South Park
6601 Morrison Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28211Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - South Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roosterskitchen.com/
- Phone: 7043668688
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11:30am - 10pm Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11 pm Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jim Noble
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - South Park
A Consumption Revolution in South Park, Charlotte. Rooster’s Wood Fired Kitchen, A Jim Noble Restaurant, will redefine dining out. A food and wine bar featuring an a la carte menu of comfortable Spanish, French and Italian influenced selections prepared on a wood fired grill, rotisserie and imported Italian oven. Rooster’s is high quality and affordable casual cuisine combined with a local Southern boy’s culinary impartations. The open kitchen centered in the dining room allows the guest to view the crafting of cuisine while dining at the kitchen’s antique granite countertop on a hand crafted pub bar stool. Finishes of Leather, antique stone, beautiful crafted woodwork and wrought iron parallels the artisan architecture and design with artisan, hand crafted styled cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - South Park reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (45)notable wine list (38)special occasion (30)good for groups (25)great for lunch (24)romantic (22)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (16)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Great food. Service was a little off but not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedoldybutgoodyDined on 8/23/2014From the time you walk in and catch the aroma of the wood fire grill, we were hooked. Very friendly staff. Excellent service without being intrusive. There were no weak items in our selections from appetizer to dessert. The dining experience moved along without being rushed. Have already told friends who will also love the place. We'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time at Roosters!gabesbabeDined on 8/23/2014We took our neighbors to dinner here and they loved it! The food was amazing as usual and the service was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful server who made excellent recommendations. Everything we ordered was delicious! Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nce visitTallkimDined on 8/20/2014Great all the way around, but a little loud for a business lunch.Special Features:
- jjlobiVIPDined on 8/10/2014Four of us dined Sunday evening at 7:30 pm; not very crowded, this is unusual for Roosters. Started with a double order of fried oysters that everyone loved. My Caesar salad was OK; too anchovy tasting for me. Other salads are more to my liking. The chicken dishes were a big hit, both the BBQ and Natural. The small pizzas were done well; mushroom with arugula topping (extra cost) was very good; the cubed salami and cheese was tasty; but very salty (it's salami). Banana cream pie was very dense and just OK. Our server was excellent; patient and accommodating. All in all a very good night, consistently one of Charlotte's best.Special Features:
- Always excellentGoodToGoDined on 8/8/2014The energetic and friendly wait staff, combined with farm fresh vegetables and meats, makes this restaurant a fantastic place to enjoy food and conversation. Never disappointing.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I was looking for something different for my boyfriend to try, and hit the jackpot with roosters! It was a very different experience and we loved it! if you go, i would recommend the pan seared corn and the mac and cheese!!! it was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!LoveYourFoodVIPDined on 8/1/2014Roosters South Park is a great place to have an excellent meal. Their roasted chicken is always great and they have several alternatives on the menu with a variety of vegetables.Special Features:
- Relaxing Lunch MeetingHelloFabricDined on 7/31/2014Rooster's team did a wonderful job of serving us for lunch. We were greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. Our reserved table was ready. Our server was really exceptional. She was quite attentive, but she showed great poise and patience watching our table. We took way too long to order our meal. Food was exceptional. I will definitely be back. Thanks, Mike BoylanSpecial Features:
- DinnerAppreciateGoodFoodDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I enjoyed our first visit to Roosters on July 30. We ordered the chicken natural. Ken, our server, was attentive and very helpful with explanations to introduce us to Roosters. The restaurant noise level was too high for our taste. We may try the attractive outdoor dining option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning food and vibeRichVIPDined on 7/29/2014Really enjoyed the charcuterie platter; everything was delicious.Special Features:
- AnniversaryJlutsDined on 7/26/2014Food was excellent. Wait staff knowledgeable. Mgmt great. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy2Dined on 7/20/2014food very satisfactory not outstanding except for Southern speciliaties: fried okra was wonderful, best I've ever had - pimento cheese sandwich (on another occasion) terrific, veggies very fresh appearing, some not too tasty, but healthy. BBQ chicken very dry, Beets WAY too salty, wedge salad had mayo but not much blue cheese. and chopped up rather than wedge. Noise level made it impossible to carry on conversations. But on plus side, great neighborhood crowd, great selection of dishes, well prepared, fresh, dependable good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food not so amazing serviceFoodie4Dined on 7/19/2014My Husband and I love to go to Roosters whether it's just the two of us, or with a group of friends. The food never disappoints. It is always amazing and we look forward to it every time! Unfortunately, the last two times as went (both with a group of friends) are service was not good at all. Two different waiters but I would say about a C- /D rating on service. Although the food is great, it is about the entire dining experience. Bad service can ruin that. Roosters needs to make sure their wait staff matches the feel their going for, or they might have customers who will not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susan sfoodieDined on 7/18/2014wonderful chicken! wonderful attentive service! We have dined at Rooster's several times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noble does't disappointgr8tpl8teDined on 7/18/2014The menu continues to delight and surprise. Get there early if you don't want to miss every opportunity to choose from the menu if the day ... But you cannot lose either way.Special Features:
- Family DinnerJackdroxDined on 7/18/2014Varied menu, great food. Exceptional, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 7/16/2014There were 4 of us on a Wednesday night at 7 pm. Unexpectedly crowded for a Wed. Not a great table right behind hostess table-hoped Open Table reservation would produce a better seat.. Excellent server, took the time to explain options to our guests. All food selections were very good, such as salmon, natural juices chicken (so moist), etc. Fried corn a must, mac and cheese, blue cheese/bacon iceberg and on and on. Roosters is still our go to place.Special Features:
- Great spotlimoguyDined on 7/13/2014Probably our second time here. My sister was in town so we all stopped here for lunch. Very impressive atmosphere when we first walked in. We were greeted promptly and seated right away. Great menu selection. Many choices of wine. The service was outstanding. What a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent farm to table foodFreshfoodieDined on 7/12/2014This is a great restaurant! Two days ago I dined with a group of six ladies visiting for a convention. The food was excellent - every dish. We had a vegetarian with us who loved her meal. They wanted to know if this was a chain that was available in Atlanta. Nope. It is Charlotte's jewel! The next day I had brunch there with a friend who is allergic to garlic (epi pen allergic). The total meal was garlic free, but they can do this since everything is cooked in small batches, cooked to order. Fresh, flavorful, food. This review is about the Southpark location, although I suspect the same is true of the Uptown location.Special Features:
- Great place, Good food!DutchmanVIPDined on 7/8/2014I like coming here a lot as the food has a quirkiness to it. It's all delicious and I enjoy their specials. I like the open kitchen and the bar looks great too. Service was spot on and the lunch my wife and I had was very, very tasty. We enjoyed thoroughly!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceManders1769Dined on 7/5/2014My husband and I love this place. We go here for the atmosphere and the food. My husband LOVES the duck. I normally get the BBQ chicken or the NY Strip. They were having a special on Mussels and they were great. We also like the Au Gratin Potatoes (best I ever had) and the fried corn. We are also Wine lovers, and they have a great wine list. They have a bartender there that makes really great recommendations and actually knows what he is talking about. We prefer the South Park location. We have had bad service at the Uptown location, and we feel the ambiance at the South Park location is much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roosters wood fired grillgigsone2001Dined on 7/5/2014Had a great time at Roosters! !!! Went there with my wife for our anniversary. The service was exceptional they could have done anymore for us. The food was very good we had such a good time. I would definitely recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 7/1/2014Overall a good night. Very good service, very accommodating. Still love the fried corn, iceberg and blue cheese, fried oysters. Main dishes were good as well; salmon was very good; short rib, while very flavorful was more fatty than usual. Guess that's what you get with short ribs. Only disappointment was dessert.Special Features:
- We WILL be back!JaneDined on 6/28/2014Our server was very knowledgeable-a little rushed with full tables, but he took his time to answer all our questions. Started with charcuterie-two items selected were not on the plate. It was all wonderful, so no complaint with that. Our dining partners orderd from main menu-hangar steak and scallops-both received high reviews. My husband ordered the special lamb two ways (awesome) and I had the tilefish special (great flavor!). Corn, mushrooms, roasted beets, and grits were all fantastic sides (mushrooms, by far, the best thing on the table!). Pineapple upside down cake w/cantaloupe sorbet - tasted like a slice of fruit! And coconut cake for our friends - she said it tasted like her grandmother's. High praise, indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetables GreatvegetablexxxxDined on 6/27/2014Outstanding feature of this restaurant is the choice and quality of the vegetables. It would be better to offer a vegetable plate (even if higher priced) that includes the special vegetable offerings. I had requested a quiet table however that is not what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and service, Always!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014I forget how great this place is. The food is all local and so fresh. Our server was extremely knowledgable and so helpful. What a freah experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and bad - an honest reviewRayKDined on 6/23/2014Had trouble finding the place since trees obscure the restaurant name. Had a very tasty onion soup to start, though a little on the salty side -- common for FO. I would prefer double the cheese that came on it, none of which covered the rim of the cup. Speaking of which, I ordered the bowl but received a cup. For the entree I had their Hanger Steak and Oven Roasted fingerlings. I was excited to see a delicious looking steak, and for the most part it was - and tender. Ordered it medium as I like a little pink, but as I got further in from the edges it got rare -- and the middle cuts very rare. The steak sauce is great. The fingerlings were served on a separate plate (why?) and for my first try I thought they were tasty. Staff was friendly.Special Features:
- AmazingUnicornpicklesDined on 6/21/2014Can't say enough about this place. The food is outstanding and the service is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Dinner was great! Was offered white meat or dark meat. Was also ablout to have the chicken de-boned! Mac-N-Cheese was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value?WookieVIPDined on 6/19/2014My husband and I have enjoyed dining here for many reasons - the ambience, the quality of the food, the pleasant wait staff. But last time out the white serving plate dwarfed the 2 x 5 inch slice of salmon for $17. The bread slices were super skinny, hard to see them in the bottom of the basket. (The bread could be so much tastier). And we had to ask the waiter, which we have never done, if that was a $12 glass of wine. To his credit he gladly poured a bit more. The whole experience cost $92 plus tax. It seemed like a lot of cash for way too little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never knewCLTGROWINGONMEDined on 6/18/2014How good this was and now it will be added to list of favs! Have overlooked for years! Great food, neat setting among not spectacular small shopping plaza!Special Features:
- A very nice evening.Iowaboy3Dined on 6/15/2014My wife & I had a very nice meal at Rooster's South Park last week. Our server was informative, patient and helpful. We split a tasty & filling cheese and charcuterie platter then my wife had a steak and I had gnocchi (the softest, most delicate I've ever had) w/Duck Sugo, a ragu type sauce. With a glass of a Spanish red blend all was well in the world. We're looking forward to visiting Rooster's often once we get moved into the south Charlotte area. Dress is casual but not sloppy. Families with children seemed welcome.Special Features:
- Brandon ArnoldShrmpPoBoyDined on 6/14/2014Service was amazing, rivaling that of Zebras across the street. The food was even better. The steak was cooked to perfection and try the onion rings are the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to dine herebgw52VIPDined on 6/11/2014Vegetables, meal, service wine outstanding as was the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealChowchicDined on 5/31/2014My family had an excellent experience at Rooster's. Our server, Jeffrey, was fantastic. Our food was outstanding and was served promptly. Our entrees were the Short Rib, the Salmon and Pulled Pork. All were tasty and expertly prepared. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Home cooked and NaturalGoodToGoDined on 5/30/2014The food is just like the best home cooked and the side vegetables are noted for being locally obtained and fresh. Nothing frozen here. The squid appetizer I had was the best ever, tender and flaky batter. All four in our party raved about their entree. The service is just excellent, friendly and personable. Have been to lunch and brunch there but this was our first dinner experience. They do it all well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TarheeldocDined on 5/28/2014Nice dinner, food was excellent, ambiance was great and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!!!CharlestonEatsDined on 5/24/2014Rooster's is a restaurant with brilliant flavors and great atmosphere! I'm so excited evertime I visit! They must bring back the forbidden rice pleeeeeaaaase!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.