Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - South Park
6601 Morrison Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28211Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - South Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roosterskitchen.com/
- Phone: (704) 366-8688
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11:30am - 10pm Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11 pm Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jim Noble
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - South Park
A Consumption Revolution in South Park, Charlotte. Rooster’s Wood Fired Kitchen, A Jim Noble Restaurant, will redefine dining out. A food and wine bar featuring an a la carte menu of comfortable Spanish, French and Italian influenced selections prepared on a wood fired grill, rotisserie and imported Italian oven. Rooster’s is high quality and affordable casual cuisine combined with a local Southern boy’s culinary impartations. The open kitchen centered in the dining room allows the guest to view the crafting of cuisine while dining at the kitchen’s antique granite countertop on a hand crafted pub bar stool. Finishes of Leather, antique stone, beautiful crafted woodwork and wrought iron parallels the artisan architecture and design with artisan, hand crafted styled cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - South Park reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)neighborhood gem (54)notable wine list (39)good for groups (35)special occasion (34)great for lunch (30)hot spot (29)great for outdoor dining (21)romantic (20)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (9)scenic view (1)Show More
- Favorite restaurant in CharlotteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Food is always superb and there is a great selection. I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resturant, odd menu.MikeyVIPDined on 11/22/2014All of the food we ordered was well prepared with excellent flavors. We found it difficult to put togeather the meal from the ala carte menu. Many items on the menu were simple but verry well prepared. Frequent visitors would get used to the menu and have no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner with KidsFamilyofFourDined on 11/22/2014My husband and I took our two kids (8 and 11) to Rooster's to celebrate my birthday. The kids were pleased with their meals (cheese pizza and chicken strips) as much as we did ours (scallops and hangar steak). Our waiter was fantastic, and we even got a celebratory piece of cheesecake/brownie as a birthday gift from the restaurant. The scallops were great and the roasted beets just melted in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience!JasonVIPDined on 11/20/2014My wife and two friends had a great lunch! Everyone's food was fantastic and the service was wonderfull. The staff is consistently on their game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HankVIPDined on 11/18/2014Everytime I visit Charlotte I go to Roosters. Great food and service. Staff is always very accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food, and just a great vibe.Prelldarunner1914Dined on 11/17/2014The service was wonderful, the people were respectful, and they made sure we had everything that we needed. They did not attempt to force a type of food or drink on us, but they were honest about what was really good to try. They even gave me and my wife a free dessert for our anniversary as well. This place will be a place that my wife and I will return back to in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second chanceCmattDined on 11/15/2014have never been a big fan of Roosters, though my spouse is. went there for a special occasion and enjoyed my visit. my main objection in the past has been very small portions at very high prices. either they've increased the portion sizes to moderate in size or my appetite has decreased. in any event the food was very good. the mussels were very tasty and tender but i would recommend they decrease the amount of salt. i also had chicken liver mousse, which was a bit disappointing. kind of bland. K had trout and that was also very good. we split some frites, the portion was very large and they tasted great. we were treated to a piece of coconut cake, which was very moist and tasty. the service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveninghappyVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had a very nice evening out with friends, good food, good wine and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetables galore, great winedwillDined on 11/15/2014For me the highlight was the large variety of vegetables, beautifully prepared - not cooked to death. The entree options were terrific, for sure, but the veggies really set Rooster's apart from other restaurants. Also, my wife ordered a Cab/Merlot blend that she said was one of the best glasses she has ever had. We'll be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!KeywestguyDined on 11/10/2014What a welcome change when traveling to find a place like this. The food was outstanding and so was the service. Southern dishes done right.Special Features:
- RoostersJmusigepDined on 11/10/2014I have used Roosters for both business meetings and pleasure. The service is always terrific. People are so friendly and strive to make our experience special. The menu is appealing and the specials always interesting. Prices are reasonable for the general area. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night with HubbyBHFoodieDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I are never disappointed when we dine at Roosters. It is one of our favorite places to eat. The staff is always fantastic and the food is always fabulous. I had the speckled trout and the beet salad..OMGosh!! YUM! My husband had his oysters. He normally gets the mussels but this time he ventured out and they were WONDERFUL! This place is always a hit with us!Special Features:
- Dining in November at RoostersMrsMDined on 11/7/2014Everything great. Delicious dinner food, good service and dessert. Roosters on the wall were well done, kitschy and cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/1/2014The stuffed roosters on the wall were a little creepy, so we quickly ordered the mushroom pizza appetizer to share - excellent - took my focus off the roosters. The burger was delicious, my new fave in Charlotte. But the roasted chicken fell flat - just very bland. For all the chickens they have roasting, thought it should be their feature, but would never order it again. I like this place though...will give them another chance.Special Features:
- Amazing place! Great food!!PamsfoodiereviewDined on 10/31/2014Great food, great atmosphere! Love this place for their amazing spin on country favorites!!! Try their fried oysters and chicken livers!! Crave til next time!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowMaryDDined on 10/25/2014Service was slow. It was busy but the wait between courses seemed way too long.Special Features:
- Great dinnerbgw52VIPDined on 10/23/2014Everything outstanding. Wine, meal, service and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JevousaimeDined on 10/23/2014Great ambiance. I went there for lunch with a special friend visiting from out of town. Wanted a menu that had something for everyone, so that conversation was the focus. On-line reservation system was great. Server was attentive, but when we hadn't glanced at the menu for 20 minutes, server took the cue, and let us have a leisurely lunch. Roosters was perfect!! Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadyDined on 10/20/2014The food, service, and atmosphere at Rooster's was excellent for leisure and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceNashVIPDined on 10/15/2014The short ribs are fantastic. Our waitress Elissa was great and very attentive. Had a great business meeting and service was outstanding. Rooster's is a top place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD foodPickyEaterDined on 10/14/2014All of our dishes were tender, flavorful, cooked perfectly and very enjoyable. The presentation was very nice and artful, but unlike many other places that have artistic presentation, these portions were filling. Some of the sides might be considered basic, but they were well executed, not excessively rich and complimented the main dishes well. The beets side dish was marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014Good food, good service. I would recommend this to anyone. We went for our anniversary, but you could go with a group of friends and just order apps for the table and be happy.Special Features:
- Twist on tapas diningBillMDined on 10/6/2014We really liked the menu layout which gave us the ability to pick and choose our plates. Everything we had to eat was really, really good.
- Still terrificRantanDined on 10/3/2014Absolutely one of my favorite restaurants. On this, our second visit, we unfortunately booked the same evening as a very large and slightly noisy group party of some sort. Restaurants need to be able to accomodate groups, but the single large room layout of Roosters means that all of the customers share the same ambience. The food is magnificent and the service is attentive. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paddle2dayDined on 9/27/2014Great food. A little on the spendy side, but the food was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Prepared beautifully. Portion sizes could be larger or prices a little less.Special Features:
- good as alwaysjeanieVIPDined on 9/24/2014The fried oysters and okra were fabulous, as well as the salmon. I was disappointed they didn't have any New Zealand sauvignon blanc wines, but the one from Ca. was fine.Special Features:
- HungryBearsVIPDined on 9/22/2014Ate outside - lovely day but outside means you're siting (basically) in the parking lot. Food was good, service was abrupt and strange. Would go back, nice large menu to explore.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodie40VIPDined on 9/19/2014I normally do not write bad reviews but... I went to dinner Friday night with 2 friends and our waiter was horrible. He acted like he didn't care. Messed up drinks twice, dropped off wrong check , forgot to take off tacos we sent back. Just bad attitude. Food was just not up to usual standards. Used to love coming here and always thought food and service was consistent but I'm pretty much done.Special Features:
- Awesome food and ambienceCarameldishDined on 9/19/2014The food was delicious, especially the scalloped potatoes. Service was fast and pleasant. The waiter was able to give us excellent suggestions on menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealbgw52VIPDined on 9/18/2014Another enjoyable evening at Roosters. Wine, meal service outstanding. Will be back shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Meets Southern842festDined on 9/16/2014We have been here several times & thoroughly enjoy the bistro-style atmosphere, terrific food, friendly & timely service and a wine list that is one of Charlotte's best for great value-perfectly matched to the roasted menu offerings. Lots of small plate items offered here so you can put your own meal together. Much of the food is locally grown with many of the meats fire/oven roasted. The charcuterie meats are made on-premise. The full bar has a list of specialty drinks, several locally brewed beers on the list, and an extensive wine list . Hilights at our table included Seared Sea Scallops, Pork Shoulder BBQ, Boneless Beef Short Ribs, roasted Potato Gnocci (very yummy), and a House Cured Duck .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and good!aliceNchainsDined on 9/6/2014Like Rooster's a lot. Good food! You can try many different items on a single visit. Good price point and a comfortable atmosphere. Recommend the fried oysters and the mixed wild mushrooms. Like the uptown location too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, great foodGastoniaFoodiesDined on 9/6/2014This is our favorite place in Charlotte. The small portions allow you to sample lots of different foods. We also love the local sourcing from local farmers.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Great food. Service was a little off but not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedoldybutgoodyDined on 8/23/2014From the time you walk in and catch the aroma of the wood fire grill, we were hooked. Very friendly staff. Excellent service without being intrusive. There were no weak items in our selections from appetizer to dessert. The dining experience moved along without being rushed. Have already told friends who will also love the place. We'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time at Roosters!gabesbabeDined on 8/23/2014We took our neighbors to dinner here and they loved it! The food was amazing as usual and the service was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful server who made excellent recommendations. Everything we ordered was delicious! Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nce visitTallkimDined on 8/20/2014Great all the way around, but a little loud for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Good DinnerRySwishDined on 8/17/2014Good Dinner, great wine, sat outside and wasn't as noisy as I expected being next to the road!I would recommend this to a friend.