Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - South Park
6601 Morrison Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28211Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - South Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roosterskitchen.com/
- Phone: 7043668688
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11:30am - 10pm Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11 pm Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jim Noble
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - South Park
A Consumption Revolution in South Park, Charlotte. Rooster’s Wood Fired Kitchen, A Jim Noble Restaurant, will redefine dining out. A food and wine bar featuring an a la carte menu of comfortable Spanish, French and Italian influenced selections prepared on a wood fired grill, rotisserie and imported Italian oven. Rooster’s is high quality and affordable casual cuisine combined with a local Southern boy’s culinary impartations. The open kitchen centered in the dining room allows the guest to view the crafting of cuisine while dining at the kitchen’s antique granite countertop on a hand crafted pub bar stool. Finishes of Leather, antique stone, beautiful crafted woodwork and wrought iron parallels the artisan architecture and design with artisan, hand crafted styled cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - South Park - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Rooster's Wood-Fired Kitchen - South Park reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (47)notable wine list (36)special occasion (27)good for groups (24)romantic (22)great for lunch (22)hot spot (21)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The food, service, and atmosphere at Rooster's was excellent for leisure and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceNashVIPDined on 10/15/2014The short ribs are fantastic. Our waitress Elissa was great and very attentive. Had a great business meeting and service was outstanding. Rooster's is a top place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD foodPickyEaterDined on 10/14/2014All of our dishes were tender, flavorful, cooked perfectly and very enjoyable. The presentation was very nice and artful, but unlike many other places that have artistic presentation, these portions were filling. Some of the sides might be considered basic, but they were well executed, not excessively rich and complimented the main dishes well. The beets side dish was marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014Good food, good service. I would recommend this to anyone. We went for our anniversary, but you could go with a group of friends and just order apps for the table and be happy.Special Features:
- Twist on tapas diningBillMDined on 10/6/2014We really liked the menu layout which gave us the ability to pick and choose our plates. Everything we had to eat was really, really good.
- Still terrificRantanDined on 10/3/2014Absolutely one of my favorite restaurants. On this, our second visit, we unfortunately booked the same evening as a very large and slightly noisy group party of some sort. Restaurants need to be able to accomodate groups, but the single large room layout of Roosters means that all of the customers share the same ambience. The food is magnificent and the service is attentive. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paddle2dayDined on 9/27/2014Great food. A little on the spendy side, but the food was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Prepared beautifully. Portion sizes could be larger or prices a little less.Special Features:
- good as alwaysjeanieDined on 9/24/2014The fried oysters and okra were fabulous, as well as the salmon. I was disappointed they didn't have any New Zealand sauvignon blanc wines, but the one from Ca. was fine.Special Features:
- HungryBearsVIPDined on 9/22/2014Ate outside - lovely day but outside means you're siting (basically) in the parking lot. Food was good, service was abrupt and strange. Would go back, nice large menu to explore.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodie40Dined on 9/19/2014I normally do not write bad reviews but... I went to dinner Friday night with 2 friends and our waiter was horrible. He acted like he didn't care. Messed up drinks twice, dropped off wrong check , forgot to take off tacos we sent back. Just bad attitude. Food was just not up to usual standards. Used to love coming here and always thought food and service was consistent but I'm pretty much done.Special Features:
- Awesome food and ambienceCarameldishDined on 9/19/2014The food was delicious, especially the scalloped potatoes. Service was fast and pleasant. The waiter was able to give us excellent suggestions on menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealbgw52VIPDined on 9/18/2014Another enjoyable evening at Roosters. Wine, meal service outstanding. Will be back shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Meets Southern842festDined on 9/16/2014We have been here several times & thoroughly enjoy the bistro-style atmosphere, terrific food, friendly & timely service and a wine list that is one of Charlotte's best for great value-perfectly matched to the roasted menu offerings. Lots of small plate items offered here so you can put your own meal together. Much of the food is locally grown with many of the meats fire/oven roasted. The charcuterie meats are made on-premise. The full bar has a list of specialty drinks, several locally brewed beers on the list, and an extensive wine list . Hilights at our table included Seared Sea Scallops, Pork Shoulder BBQ, Boneless Beef Short Ribs, roasted Potato Gnocci (very yummy), and a House Cured Duck .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and good!aliceNchainsDined on 9/6/2014Like Rooster's a lot. Good food! You can try many different items on a single visit. Good price point and a comfortable atmosphere. Recommend the fried oysters and the mixed wild mushrooms. Like the uptown location too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, great foodGastoniaFoodiesDined on 9/6/2014This is our favorite place in Charlotte. The small portions allow you to sample lots of different foods. We also love the local sourcing from local farmers.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Great food. Service was a little off but not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedoldybutgoodyDined on 8/23/2014From the time you walk in and catch the aroma of the wood fire grill, we were hooked. Very friendly staff. Excellent service without being intrusive. There were no weak items in our selections from appetizer to dessert. The dining experience moved along without being rushed. Have already told friends who will also love the place. We'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time at Roosters!gabesbabeDined on 8/23/2014We took our neighbors to dinner here and they loved it! The food was amazing as usual and the service was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful server who made excellent recommendations. Everything we ordered was delicious! Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nce visitTallkimDined on 8/20/2014Great all the way around, but a little loud for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Good DinnerRySwishDined on 8/17/2014Good Dinner, great wine, sat outside and wasn't as noisy as I expected being next to the road!I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 8/10/2014Four of us dined Sunday evening at 7:30 pm; not very crowded, this is unusual for Roosters. Started with a double order of fried oysters that everyone loved. My Caesar salad was OK; too anchovy tasting for me. Other salads are more to my liking. The chicken dishes were a big hit, both the BBQ and Natural. The small pizzas were done well; mushroom with arugula topping (extra cost) was very good; the cubed salami and cheese was tasty; but very salty (it's salami). Banana cream pie was very dense and just OK. Our server was excellent; patient and accommodating. All in all a very good night, consistently one of Charlotte's best.Special Features:
- Always excellentGoodToGoDined on 8/8/2014The energetic and friendly wait staff, combined with farm fresh vegetables and meats, makes this restaurant a fantastic place to enjoy food and conversation. Never disappointing.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I was looking for something different for my boyfriend to try, and hit the jackpot with roosters! It was a very different experience and we loved it! if you go, i would recommend the pan seared corn and the mac and cheese!!! it was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!LoveYourFoodVIPDined on 8/1/2014Roosters South Park is a great place to have an excellent meal. Their roasted chicken is always great and they have several alternatives on the menu with a variety of vegetables.Special Features:
- Relaxing Lunch MeetingHelloFabricDined on 7/31/2014Rooster's team did a wonderful job of serving us for lunch. We were greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. Our reserved table was ready. Our server was really exceptional. She was quite attentive, but she showed great poise and patience watching our table. We took way too long to order our meal. Food was exceptional. I will definitely be back. Thanks, Mike BoylanSpecial Features:
- DinnerAppreciateGoodFoodDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I enjoyed our first visit to Roosters on July 30. We ordered the chicken natural. Ken, our server, was attentive and very helpful with explanations to introduce us to Roosters. The restaurant noise level was too high for our taste. We may try the attractive outdoor dining option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning food and vibeRichVIPDined on 7/29/2014Really enjoyed the charcuterie platter; everything was delicious.Special Features:
- AnniversaryJlutsDined on 7/26/2014Food was excellent. Wait staff knowledgeable. Mgmt great. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy2Dined on 7/20/2014food very satisfactory not outstanding except for Southern speciliaties: fried okra was wonderful, best I've ever had - pimento cheese sandwich (on another occasion) terrific, veggies very fresh appearing, some not too tasty, but healthy. BBQ chicken very dry, Beets WAY too salty, wedge salad had mayo but not much blue cheese. and chopped up rather than wedge. Noise level made it impossible to carry on conversations. But on plus side, great neighborhood crowd, great selection of dishes, well prepared, fresh, dependable good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food not so amazing serviceFoodie4Dined on 7/19/2014My Husband and I love to go to Roosters whether it's just the two of us, or with a group of friends. The food never disappoints. It is always amazing and we look forward to it every time! Unfortunately, the last two times as went (both with a group of friends) are service was not good at all. Two different waiters but I would say about a C- /D rating on service. Although the food is great, it is about the entire dining experience. Bad service can ruin that. Roosters needs to make sure their wait staff matches the feel their going for, or they might have customers who will not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susan sfoodieDined on 7/18/2014wonderful chicken! wonderful attentive service! We have dined at Rooster's several times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noble does't disappointgr8tpl8teDined on 7/18/2014The menu continues to delight and surprise. Get there early if you don't want to miss every opportunity to choose from the menu if the day ... But you cannot lose either way.Special Features:
- Family DinnerJackdroxDined on 7/18/2014Varied menu, great food. Exceptional, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjlobiVIPDined on 7/16/2014There were 4 of us on a Wednesday night at 7 pm. Unexpectedly crowded for a Wed. Not a great table right behind hostess table-hoped Open Table reservation would produce a better seat.. Excellent server, took the time to explain options to our guests. All food selections were very good, such as salmon, natural juices chicken (so moist), etc. Fried corn a must, mac and cheese, blue cheese/bacon iceberg and on and on. Roosters is still our go to place.Special Features:
- Great spotlimoguyDined on 7/13/2014Probably our second time here. My sister was in town so we all stopped here for lunch. Very impressive atmosphere when we first walked in. We were greeted promptly and seated right away. Great menu selection. Many choices of wine. The service was outstanding. What a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent farm to table foodFreshfoodieDined on 7/12/2014This is a great restaurant! Two days ago I dined with a group of six ladies visiting for a convention. The food was excellent - every dish. We had a vegetarian with us who loved her meal. They wanted to know if this was a chain that was available in Atlanta. Nope. It is Charlotte's jewel! The next day I had brunch there with a friend who is allergic to garlic (epi pen allergic). The total meal was garlic free, but they can do this since everything is cooked in small batches, cooked to order. Fresh, flavorful, food. This review is about the Southpark location, although I suspect the same is true of the Uptown location.Special Features:
- Great place, Good food!DutchmanVIPDined on 7/8/2014I like coming here a lot as the food has a quirkiness to it. It's all delicious and I enjoy their specials. I like the open kitchen and the bar looks great too. Service was spot on and the lunch my wife and I had was very, very tasty. We enjoyed thoroughly!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceManders1769Dined on 7/5/2014My husband and I love this place. We go here for the atmosphere and the food. My husband LOVES the duck. I normally get the BBQ chicken or the NY Strip. They were having a special on Mussels and they were great. We also like the Au Gratin Potatoes (best I ever had) and the fried corn. We are also Wine lovers, and they have a great wine list. They have a bartender there that makes really great recommendations and actually knows what he is talking about. We prefer the South Park location. We have had bad service at the Uptown location, and we feel the ambiance at the South Park location is much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.