220 North Main Street
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roostrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (864) 298-2424
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri - 6AM - 11AM
Sat - 6:30AM - 11AM
Sun - 6:30AM - 11AM
Sunday Brunch: 11AM - 3PM
Lunch: 11:30am - 3PM
Bar Menu: 3PM - 11PM
Dinner Menu: 5PM - 10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Trevor Higgins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Roost
When you settle in, you come home to roost. A roost is a place that feels comfortable. It’s a place where we all have a little something in common. It’s a place that takes a community and builds it into a home. That’s the spirit of ROOST Restaurant located in the new, exciting and vibrant community of NOMA Square on Main Street in downtown Greenville, South Carolina. Situated next to the Hyatt Regency Greenville, ROOST is a casual restaurant featuring the best fresh local bounty that the Piedmont has to offer. Our focus is on giving the community a place to eat local, organic, and seasonal food of the highest quality, cooked with care, and at an honest price. Roost will offer guests a one-of-a-kind dining experience including outdoor seating in NOMA Square, an open kitchen with ringside seating along the Kitchen Counter, an open-air bar area, and a Harvest Table where guests can work with the chef directly to build their own meals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Roost - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Roost reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (41)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (23)special occasion (22)great for lunch (20)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (18)scenic view (18)great for brunch (16)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great brunch buffet!CindyVIPDined on 11/23/2014I was surprised at the selection of items at the Sunday brunch buffet. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Waitress went above and beyond to offer great service, as we were in a time crunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/20146 of us went before James Taylor concert and were very disappointed. Dessert was the best thing we had. Out of 6 entrees, the meatloaf was the only one enjoyed. Service was very slow, 18 percent gratuity was added because of party size and bills and credit cards were mixed up. We just took care of it on our own knowing it would have taken forever to get it fixed. Great ambiance and great company made it ok, but would not go back though.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Fantastic Sunday brunch. Great ambience and service. Bloody Mary bar was very cool. My favorite brunch spot in Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Attentive and Friendly Staff.WineKingsDined on 11/14/2014Last Christmas my husband's company had their Christmas party at Roost and to be honest because of all our travels we had not had the opportunity to give it another try, until last Friday evening. There were six in our party and I had booked the reservation online for 6 pm. They gave us a great table and the staff could not have been more friendly. We were seated right away and our party all showed up within ten minutes. (Everyone was looking for parking) Our waiter's name was Jason and he was so professional and attentive. He brought us the wine list and we ordered one of our favorite reds, Meiomi. We also ordered two appetizers- Fried green tomatoes and the Twice Fried Korean Wings (I can't stress enough how YUMMY the wings were!!) My husband and I split the Cranberry Apple stuffed chicken with brie cream and honestly it was so flavorful, just an amazing dish. It was served with a beet risotto- not my favorite, so we also ordered two sides, Yukon whipped potatoes and the vegetable of the day, broccoli. Both were really good. Another guest had the Benton's Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf and let us sample a bite. It was also very good. We also ordered a dessert for the table the Chocolate Ganache Tart with sea salt which turned out was everyone's favorite and the other dessert ordered was the Mountain High Cake, a tall chocolate cake with white icing and berries, I think blueberries, raspberries and strawberry... it just didn't hit the mark with me. Overall.. price was a little high, but quality of food was excellent. Wine list is NOT extensive but they have a few nice options. Also parking downtown is a beast, however we were informed if we park in the Hyatt garage valet that Roost will validate. I wish were privy to that bit of information earlier and could have told everyone in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!LaurieDined on 11/7/2014From the happy hour drinks (a nice surprise) to the attentive service by our waiter, Julio, and the wonderful crest and uber-yummy dinner, the evening was perfect. My husband did not like the dessert we ordered due to a personal preference. Julio brought us a different dessert at no cost and when we were ready to leave, we found the dessert chef had wanted to make the first dessert right by modifying it from its original form to more suit my husband's taste. AMAZING!!!!Special Features:
- Emh418Dined on 11/2/2014Advertised as "Farm to Table", although the food quality did not seem to correlate. We dined on a Sunday between breakfast and brunch hours and were able see both buffets, which were mediocre at best for food quality and diversity. Very generic menu.
- Just okDILaurieDined on 11/1/2014We booked dinners for both nights in advance of our trip to G'ville. I didn't realize that Roost was a 'hotel restaurant', something I avoid, unless I'm staying there. Noisy, no ambiance, etc. Except for the scrumptious cheesy flatbread, the rest of our meal was so so. There were a lot of interesting looking restaurants in town. I won't be trying this one again.
- Not the best night for RoostLove2EatOutVIPDined on 11/1/2014I went to Roost with my mom before a show at Greenville Little Theater. I've eaten at Roost many times, but this was not their best performance. The service was slow / mediocre. The food was delivered to the wrong table, then back to the kitchen, then to us. The server did not check on refilling our hot tea. The food quality was ok but not stellar. Way too much sauce on the fettuccini pasta - it was "swimming." Very average grocery-store-type bread rolls. And no inquiry if we were interested in dessert! Not a great experience. If this had been my first visit, I would not go back, but I'll probably give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Brunch VenuejmoocoDined on 10/25/2014Expansive buffet or order a la carte. Prices were more reasonable than expected. Very impressed. We will return!Special Features:
- NewtoGreenvilleDined on 10/24/2014Very slow service at the bar, Kale salad lacked roasted beets, which was listed as the first ingredient. Mushroom ravioli with pimento butter sauce really had more pimentos than mushrooms. Not really an accurate description and not really as good as expected. The wine was goodSpecial Features:
- Great Friendly ServiceHappyHourGirlDined on 10/24/2014Roost is a great spot in Downtown Greenville for lunch. Our server was very attentive and friendly the entire time, as our table enjoyed our lunch and talked. The atmosphere was very relaxing and we did not feel rushed at all. Prefect place to meet and dine with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roost before concertBirthdayDined on 10/21/2014We ended up being rather high maintenance. We thought we wanted to be outside but it was too breezy. After ordering appetizers, we moved inside. Everyone was very gracious! Food was excellent and both servers wonderful!Special Features:
- Lunch buffet is excellent.GFfoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014The soup/salad/flatbread lunch buffet was excellent. Our service was also outstanding. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!BusinesstravelerDined on 10/6/2014The place is great! Awesome location, and amazing food. The jalapeno and cucumber margarita was one of my favorite drinks ever! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- underwhelmingcatwluDined on 10/4/2014I had heard mixed reviews about Roost. I had the Chopped Kale salad. There were uncooked Brussels sprouts in the salad, which would have been fine had they trimmed the hard ends off. My children had fresh fruit cups and the fruit was brown and tasted like it had turned. Our service was good and the ambiance was nice, but it was pricey and we.won't go back.Special Features:
- eh...foodieDined on 9/20/2014The waited suggested we get this all natural soda it wasn't good. The food was just okay.Special Features:
- Great Lunch DestinationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We picked a gorgeous day to sit on the patio. Server was perfectly hospitable. Food was timely and well prepared.Special Features:
- EdotDined on 9/13/2014Server was wonderful! Always remembers my name. He's never wrong about a recommendation!!Special Features:
- Less than desired portionsCaptainScallopsDined on 9/13/2014If you pay $26 for the scallops dinner, then I expect more than three scallops. Thanks for the appetizer, Roost. Had to eat elsewhere after.
- nice ambience mediocre foodgreenslimDined on 9/13/2014Roost has a nice modern and interesting décor. The service was very good and attentive. Unfortunately the food was disappointing. The duck confit tacos were dry and needed more sauce. The flatbread was burned and had to be sent back. The shrimp and grits was Ok but quite heavy. Overall the food was not as good as expected. It was too heavy and not refined. Too bad, we do not plan to return unless we hear something has changed in the kitchen.
- Great outdoor spotturkishDined on 9/12/2014Food and service was excellent. We sat outside and had a great view of main st. There is a nice fountain between the dining and the courtyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous portionsSwdinerVIPDined on 9/1/2014Roost was a nice, casual restaurant with a great outdoor space overlooking Main Street. The concept of "soil to city" featuring local, organic, seasonal foods is a plus for me. The portion sizes were generous, to say the least, and ended up in my wasting food that I couldn't eat. My husband and I could have easily shared either of the dishes that we ordered and will the next time.Special Features:
- Poorly managed restaurantFoodiesDined on 8/31/2014Three of us dined here on a Sun night during Labor Day weekend. Do not sit at the high tops in bar area if you want full service. You will not get it! Watched numerous servers going in and out door to serve people on patio. To her credit, the bartender told us she would be working bar and taking care of us. We should have moved to another table when she told us that. She had to go back to bar to get list of specials. She seemed frazzled. Manager finally came to bar to help her fill drink orders. Food wasn't really great for the price. Asked server for bread -never brought. Asked guy who brought out food if he could bring bread and he did. This seems like a poorly managed restaurant. Would not go here again.
- FairSingerchefVIPDined on 8/29/2014The place is beautiful and the waitress and hostess were wonderful. The food was just average. We will try one more time in case the meals we had were just average and other items are good.Special Features:
- Interesting Take on Southern FarefoodloverDined on 8/28/2014I tried the "Rack of Pork Loin" which was a large frenched pork chop "bone in" smoked to perfection...it was served with collard greens which are normally not on my list of favorites, but they were done well with almost a pickled taste...the dessert was huge (Blondies plus ice cream...more than enough for two) and the service was friendly and attentive....Special Features:
- GratuitySSC6Dined on 8/15/2014Only thing I have to say against this restaurant is they hit you with a surprise 18% gratuity for parties of 6. I agree with paying an extra gratuity when you have a large group, 8 or more is what most restaurants base iit on, but 3 couples. Unpleasant surprise at the end of a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing night outLookingforyumDined on 8/9/2014The food was wonderful, service great, and friendly atmosphere. We dined with friends on the patio with a nice view of main. It was an enjoyable evening. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service has room for improvementSoccermomDined on 8/8/2014The location and the food were worthy of a good review but service was lacking. Plenty of employees around but yet our table never get cleared after each course. Our appetizer dishes were pushed to the center to put down our entrees. We even stacked them to make more room but no one picked them up until dessert came. Then our entree plates remained throughout our dessert until our checks came. Our bill for the two of us was over $120 with drinks. I expect to be taken care of better. The other couple we were with had a very fatty brisket, over half of it was not edible, but our dishes were excellent. Location and restaraunt were beautiful but bad service can leave a bad taste in your mouth.Special Features:
- very tasty!SkscrivDined on 8/8/2014Try the club! Went for lunch with a few coworkers and I got the club and the Korean wings. The wings are my favorite and the club is the best that I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for BusinessLive4foodVIPDined on 8/5/2014This was a Business dinner. Food was good, appetizers were notable. Server disappeared a couple times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Great atmosphere, food and service. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- ServicehunterDined on 8/1/2014Our server, Catherine?, was outstanding. Apparently when my wife made on-line reservations, it ask was it a special occasion. It was our 33rd wedding anniversary and the staff was aware of that. Nice touch.Special Features:
- fantasticZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZVIPDined on 7/31/2014Roost is always a pleasure to dine with friends. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- The following 354 reviews are from the Roost reviews archive.
- Great brunchjmfitzzVIPDined on 7/27/2014I was not expecting much, so I very pleasantly surprised at a great Sunday brunch at roost. Large Buffett but we opted to order from the al a carte menu. Pancakes were big fluffy and had an amazing flavor. Omelets were also great. We sat inside and I thought the atmosphere was nice, better than the pictures on the website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, locationRicksReviewsVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great indoor / outdoor downtown venue with high quality food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- Celebrating my birthday!PartyofsixDined on 7/20/2014When I wanted a favorite spot to invite a few friends to celebrate my birthday, I thought of The Roost. I particularly enjoy their outdoor dining, and while it is normally first come first serve they did me the favor of setting us up outdoors on a perfect evening. The food and service was outstanding, and my joy in celebrating was completed with a "slice" of cake that could have fed 10! Thanks for a terrific night and looking forward to the next excuse to come back...Special Features:
- Horrifying brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Had brunch this past Sunday. I had the shrimp and grits which came out soupy. The egg Benedicts came out hard boiled. Worst of all, the chicken "popsicle" from the kids menu came out totally RAW inside! My daughter had already eaten 2, the 3rd and 4th one was totally uncooked. It took 3 persons to get the manager! Of course apologies were made and our bill was reduced. But all that didnt feel sincere. I was not impress by the wait staff, management and definately not the kitchen. First impressions usually make or break a deal. In this case I seriously doubt we would ever return. And if any ask for recommendations, I'd say to eat at your own risk!
- Nothing specialBrianDined on 6/28/2014No complaints but nothing stood out as outstanding. The service was very good. The food was nothing special, not bad but not great either.
- Great food, cocktails, & service!sadiejkDined on 6/24/2014We went for a late Father's Day celebration and had a fabulous time. The interior is modern and creative, yet still elicits a homey feel, despite its chic, semi-minimalist lines. We all tried different specialty cocktails, which were fabulous, as well as a bottle of wine and a bottle of specialty beer that were perfect recs from our server. Our wait team were present without being overbearing and very in-tune with our needs, as well as knowledgeable about the menu. The food was phenomenal- our favorites of the night being the duck taco appetizer and the tofu pad thai. Our only regret was not making it to dessert! We will definitely be back to try it for sure though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.