Room 39 - Leawood
105th & Mission Road
Leawood, KS 66206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Room 39 - Leawood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rm39.com/
- Phone: 9136487639
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11-2 Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:30-10 Saturday Breakfast 8-2 Now OPEN SUNDAY! 10-2
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ted Habiger & Andy Sloan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Room 39 offers the same great farmer driven food outside the restaurant by catering boxed lunches, appetizers, buffets and plated dinners. Contact our catering director, Stacey at email@example.com or (913) 648-7639 for menus and further information.
A word from Room 39 - Leawood
Room 39 opened in November 2004 to rave reviews and opened their second location in Leawood Kansas in the summer of 2007. Focusing on seasonal, fresh and locally grown ingredients, Room 39 is the premiere location in Kansas City for seasonal American food. We are proud to support local agriculture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Room 39 - Leawood - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
Room 39 - Leawood reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (36)great for brunch (33)great for outdoor dining (27)great for lunch (27)romantic (18)notable wine list (10)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- a gem to remember!eatsoutlotsDined on 10/26/2014Having dined at both locations, I often forget about this one. Lunch and dinner always good, and now can add brunch as well. Creative spin on some tried and true dishes, with the lunch menu available as well. Dined with my daughter who was hoping for 'normal' pancakes, but happily accepted the brioche French toast dish! My (vegetarian choice) quiche was just like the French make it- tall and custardy, and they did an arugula salad because I asked for some with the Spring mix- customer service, yay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love going here for lunchMarkEVIPDined on 10/21/2014Brunch/lunch always outstanding. Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchNanLongDined on 10/20/2014I had a business lunch there, which the staff handled with finesse, discretion and expertise. The service was flawless, the waiter unobtrusive but always available, and the food and coffee delicious. The fact that I can order off the breakfast menu until 2 pm is simply wonderful. I'm coming back for non-business Bloody Marys. Delightful.Special Features:
- Worth a second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Very comfortable and friendly atmosphere. My only less than favorable review is that the biscuits were dry, not fluffy. Other dishes though were very good and worth a second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the farm to table conceptCrazyChefDined on 10/13/2014I love that this restaurant uses many local farmers in the area. The service is always excellent. I have been here several times and I have to say I am just never too impressed with the taste of the food. It seems that it is lacking in seasoning or flavor. It is a bit pricey for the quality and taste of the food. I do love the atmosphere.Special Features:
- awesome brunchDinnerloverVIPDined on 10/12/2014if you haven't found out about Room 39's brunch its a must try. Unique meals that are all delicious.Special Features:
- SlowzipadeedoodahDined on 10/11/2014Had 11AM reservation. Arrived at Room39 Leawood at 10:55, was not seated until 11:25. Waitresses were sparse. Ordered food at 11:35 and started eating at 12:05PM. Food was good, everything else was sub-par.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2014A friend and I had a great table by the window, a great server who offered attentive service but did not intrude. She offered help with our menu selections (we had the 4 course sampler). I liked all of my choices except for the trout which was just OK. The tomato soup was very good but could have been served a bit hotter. The shrimp appetizer and beignet dessert were both very good.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningHudsonSAVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had a wonderful impromptu date night in Mission Farms. We were promptly seated at a great outdoor table and immediately taken care of by three servers. We shared a delectable order of calamari that was perfectly spiced. We followed the server's recommendations for entrees and cleaned our plates. But the highlight of the evening were the goat cheese beignets which I will dream about for a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeneliseVIPDined on 9/21/2014Been to the Midtown location many times for brunch and dinner. This location is less busy than the original Room 39 in Midtown and easier to find parking and get into for brunch. I prefer the funky art and atmosphere in the Midtown location, but this was a nice spot. My husband had the steak benedict, a little too much lemon in the hollandaise sauce, but steak was perfect. I love that they could make me an almond milk cappuccino and they made my scramble non-dairy.Special Features:
- Jane's BirthdayJackVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful venue for a birthday outing for my girlfriend. Diverse and different menu selections as well as adequate wine list. Server was helpful and knowledgeable about the wines and able to answer questions about the menu selections. Tomato bisque was outstanding as was the heirloom tomato salad. The shrimp and fried green tomato appetizer was different and ver tasty. My partner loved her duck entree.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Food was top notch. We had the 4 course meal....all portions were what seemed to be a regular portion. Dishes were expertly prepared and presented and most importantly, tasted delish! Service was excellent as well. Meals were served quickly, but yet we were not rushed. Second time there and it was even better than the first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still #1GaryFVIPDined on 9/9/2014Has been our favorite and remains in top spot. Their 4 course tasting menu is hands down the best value at a white cloth dining institution that I'm aware of. I always do that, and my wife does a salad and entre and we take leftovers home with us. We started with a cheese plate and this is just outstanding. Simply the best I've had anywhere. Then we did the watermelon salad and the heirloom tomato salad, both were excellent but the watermelon was tops. Then came the mushroom risotto which is always fabulous. Then we did the pork cheek empanadas and an off menu item, sweetbreads. The empanadas good, but we wouldn't do them again. The sweetbreads were amazing!!! ... And then for the surprise, it was no corkage Tuesday, awesome!!Special Features:
- DisappointingBike2eat1957Dined on 9/6/2014I was disappointed with our recent experience at table 39. The server was condescending. When we asked about an appetizer we didn't get, she said we hadn't ordered it. We were there for an hour and a half before we got our entrees. It was 30 minutes after we ordered that they let us know they were out of one of the entrees we ordered. When the food arrives it wasn't worth the wait. I could hardly identify the gnocchi in my bowl and it needed seasoning. My husbands lamb dish was super salty. All in all I felt robbed.
- Always goodmmedvedVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food and service here are always good. They never disappoint.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014As with each visit, we had a wonderful meal. The wine was very good and the service was adequite.Special Features:
- Lunch at Room 39OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Very nice. The table we requested was ready and the servers came right over with drink orders, menus, etc. There were a lot of diners and we were in no hurry, so we were able to enjoy our time there. Our server was great and another offered to take our picture. Fun time.Special Features:
- Evening at room 39rillandrayDined on 8/23/2014We had 2 couples join us for dinner on Sat. evening at 6:45. We found the food quality was very good but the service was extremely slow. It took over a hour from the time we ordered to receive our meal which was a real disappointment. Cocktail and wine refills also were real slow. Restaurant was full which added to the noise level also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good foodarchie5412Dined on 8/16/2014We took our blended family, including my grandchild, for a Sunday brunch. My daughter was afraid that it would be too fancy a place for her 4-year old daughter but the restaurant was able to accommodate my granddaughter with no fuss at all. Everybody's food was wonderful.Special Features:
- gidamVIPDined on 8/11/2014A very late breakfast Monday. Our selections included artichoke toast & quiche of day. Large portions, fruit side included. All enjoyable. Artichoke toast huge, with 2eggs...too much for my companion, who took 1/2 home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night place!SporterDined on 8/5/2014Room 39 has a great fresh menu and always comes through for date night. Tuesday is 'no corking fee' day and makes a great way to get out for a fantastic meal without breaking the bank. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I did not select one in category 2MKB5239Dined on 8/3/2014The restaurant was tooooo noisey! We had an inside table and had a very difficult time visiting/hearing each other because of the noise level. I underestand carpet is more difficult to keep nice, however, it would go along way to abate the noise. While the food was acceptable, we will not return because of the noise level.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Great food and service! My only drawback is I had reservations and was placed beside the kitchen entrance while the tables around is were empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Really loved the service, and the recommendations were perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Elegant DiningBlueValleyDined on 8/1/2014Had a great lunch at Room 39 Mission Farms. I was dining with the CFO of a large organization. She is a very smart sophisticated individual. We agreed on Room 39 and I felt guilty. This is the place my wife and I have lunch on her birthday, our anniversary and Valentines Day. I was sharing this intimate gathering place with a corporate associate. It was fine, she enjoyed a great meal in a great environment. I was perfect for that individual as it continues to be for my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 7/27/2014It was our first visit and we were looking for a nice place to eat breakfast that had great food and a casual atmosphere. To our surprise, Room 39 met both criteria. I had the BELT and my wife had the quiche. Although the bottom crust of the quiche was quite hard and she was unable to eat it, the flavors were great. We both enjoyed the coffee which is apparently a special blend for Room 39. The food portions were just right as was the service. We will go back and we plan to try their lunch and dinner menu as well.Special Features:
- Great meal...sd23VIPDined on 7/26/2014Dinner was outstanding, as usual. However, it was incredibly hot in the restaurant. We were told that their a/c could not keep up with the high outside temp, but clearly their a/c was not working properly. It was 85-87 degrees inside the restaurant according to the thermostat on the wall. Unfortunately, we my parents were visiting from out of state and we wanted to treat them to a nice dinner out. The meal was very good - but the temperature in the restaurant really affected our experience.Special Features:
- Fresh Good FoodunixrabVIPDined on 7/20/2014Room 39 is a great place to go for real food... freshly prepared from scratch. Excellent breakfast/brunch weekends and lunch menu available too. Very good service. Try the risotto ! Or anything that has swiss chard in it! That stuff is great! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchLouiseVIPDined on 7/16/2014We love Room 39 for brunch on the weekend! The staff is always very friendly and welcoming and we've been regulars for years. We so want to also support the restaurant at dinner, but we just don't care for the menu. Most of the dishes have bacon, even the starters and pastas - the menu is limited and some of the dishes are just not well-executed. I had the skate wing on Wednesday evening and only ate a third of it because I didn't care for the way it was prepared, and I usually love skate wing. The grilled romaine salad was very good and they have a nice wine selection. We will continue to enjoy brunch at Room 39 and will hope that they change the dinner menu a bit because we feel at home there and think so highly of the staff.Special Features:
- Great Spot - Pasta's Must TryOtownFoodieDined on 7/12/2014We decided to try this place after my wife had a pleasant Brunch here with a friend. We shared a salad and appetizer, the tempura battered boneless wings were the perfect combination of light and crispy. We then split (4) 1/2 size pasta dishes and did our own little pasta tasting menu. We had more food than we could eat, and had a lovely time tasting each, we both had our favorites, the risotto was mine. Dessert we had the goat cheese donut in caramel bath, which really was the best part of a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014First time there and everything was perfect. You could taste the difference in the freshness of the food. My husband and o had no complaints and can't wait to go back!! Thank you for such a wonderful !Eal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealDutchTreatDined on 7/7/2014Good food--certainly very fresh, really lovely service--pleasant, prompt, and helpful about answering questions. The goat-cheese beignet dessert was truly spectacular, grilled romaine with blue cheese and beets was good, others were fresh and fine.
- BreakfastSKDKDined on 7/5/2014Service was good, food was well done. Nice break from traditional offerings at other locations.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsmmedvedVIPDined on 7/3/2014Fantastic dinner on the patio. Party of 6 and everyone enjoyed their meals.wonderful evening spent on the patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 875 reviews are from the Room 39 - Leawood reviews archive.
- Second time not so goodsam123Dined on 6/17/2014First time at Room 39 my fiance and I had a great time. We both were very pleased with our food. Second time, food was bland. My only thought it we had a back up chef, I had the filet and my fiance had the pork chop. Both were bland and had a side of potatoes that was just lazy for a restaurant of this quality. The salmon starter we had was dressed poorly and uneven, the risotto was below standards, the chicken tempura was way too much soy sauce. For as expensive as a restaurant this is, I won't be returning in a long time. Rye is right down the street and much better.Special Features:
- Fabulous!flekVIPDined on 6/15/2014We took my kids there on Father’s Day and everyone had a fabulous meal! The item they wanted to order, chicken and waffles, wasn’t on the menu but the waitress got them chicken and pancakes and they were just fine with that. The eggs were so creamy-I didn’t realize scrambled eggs could tast so good! My husband had the steak/muffin/egg dish(I can’t think of the name) and he couldn’t stop talking about how delicious it was. Also the service was outstanding! We had such an enjoyable meal and can’t wait to go back again. We’ve been for dinner before but didn’t realize what we were missing with breakfast.Special Features:
- Room 39 - LeawoodBERGRVIPDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed a delicious brunch at Room 39-Leawood. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- gidamVIPDined on 6/11/2014Met a friend for lunch. My frittata was filled with lovely spring offerings including asparagus. Friend enjoyed sandwich of chicken salad. It was late for lunch so very quiet: perfect for two people hard of hearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply greatSporterDined on 6/9/2014We love Room 39! It's become our go to restaurant for special occasions. The menu is always fresh and they have something interesting every time. On Tuesday they have a no corking fee night if you are looking for an inexpensive way to get out on a week night. We are big on salads and starters and they have some of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our "Go To" for a great dinnerGaryFVIPDined on 6/7/2014R39 has firmly planted itself as our go-to place for a great meal that we know will be using fresh seasonal ingredients and creating special menus. Such was our experience this time with the local cheeses, the seasonal morel salad, risotto with fresh asparagus and peas, salmon & duck. Topped off with a wonderful light but flavorful strawberry panna cotta dessert.Special Features: