605 W. 48th St
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rooftop48.com/
- Phone: (212) 957-1800
- Hours of Operation:
Restaurant Hours: Monday CLOSED
Tuesday 5PM – 10PM
Wednesday 5PM – 10PM
Thursday 5PM – 10M
Friday 5PM – 11PM
Saturday 11AM – 11PM (Brunch over at 4PM)
Sunday 11AM –4PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, European
- Executive Chef: Gonzalo Colin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ's
A word from Rooftop 48
Rooftop 48 has joined Manhattan’s West Side by introducing a one-of-a-kind rooftop dining experience. Guests can expect the cuisine, cocktails and ambiance to go above and beyond as the sky is the limit at this glass-enclosed rooftop space. Chef Gonzalo Colin has crafted a menu that delivers innovative Euro-Latino cuisine, distinguishing their dishes through the use of fresh and exotic flavors. Menu highlights include: Grilled Scottish Salmon, Diver Sea Scallops, Seared Chilean Sea Bass, Maya Ceviche, & Burrata.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerLatin American
Rooftop 48 - Best Restaurants in Hell's Kitchen ›
Rooftop 48 reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (35)scenic view (31)good for groups (18)great for brunch (18)romantic (15)late-night find (10)special occasion (10)hot spot (9)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (8)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Birthday dinnerKarinaDined on 11/21/2014Did my 22nd BIRTHDAY dinner and it was amazing will definally come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT ON ALL LEVELS!NewspotsDined on 10/26/2014Flavored coffee would be great. MUSIC on point! Nice diverse mix of age and ethnicity. Great location, LOVE the rooftop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayTommyVIPDined on 10/26/2014I expected more after reading the reviews on open table. The view is fair, not great. The food is okay, but nothing to get excited over. It was a good experience, however, not a place I would seek out again.Special Features:
- idk my bff jill?joeshmoDined on 10/18/2014The guy took forever getting to the taking our order. Pushed sales of drinks when I don't drink alcohol or wine. There for I don't want a special wine. AKA stop pushing. The place was empty and they took forever get the food out. I asked for a well done burger. Received medium well and it was burnt on the outside. Over charged my card the first time. Later charged me cash and tried telling me that the money was returned to my card. After checking statement, I was actually double charged for a simple meal. so ended up paying 3 times what I was supposed too..Special Features:
- Quiet brunchQuasiFoodieDined on 10/18/2014Maybe it's because the location is over near the Hudson (past 11th Avenue), but I was surprised how not busy this place during our group's reservation at 1:30 on a Saturday. The rooftop is beautiful. It was windier/cooler than the weathermen predicted, otherwise we'd have eaten outside. But with all the doors/windows open, it was still a great atmosphere and view inside. The food was tasty, and the bellinis delicious. Pretty reasonably priced prix fixe with two brunch drinks and any entree. Definitely plan to return.Special Features:
- Great view, solid food...stmckayVIPDined on 10/9/2014Rooftop was across the street from our hotel, so that led us to dine there, and we weren't disappointed. Too bad it was too chilly to eat on the patio, because it has to be one of the better views. Very cool. Food was solid, nothing spectacular, but not bad either.Special Features:
- Perfect end to the summerNeeceD77VIPDined on 9/12/2014I had a few friends gather at Rooftop48 for my Best Friends Birthday we had a great time! Liz our waitress was able to handle our big party and was very customer oriented. The place was cute and I like the indoor/outdoor vibe. The food was actually pretty good for a non descript spot such as this. You just wouldn't expect it. The only pro's I had was the lack of music- however they mentioned they were going to fix that issue. The chairs on the little booths outside are very worn. They can easily invest in some new outdoor cushions. Overall the spot was great and I would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Quiet, Very ProfessionalMrsT1Dined on 9/10/2014Upon entering I was pleasantly surprised by the view. The waitress was very easy going and even tardy I would say, but when the food arrived it was delicious and well presented. The overall experience was slightly quiet for my taste, but it was a wed night so I get it. I was also sure why the roof top employees did not have any information on what was going on at stage 48, being right next to each other it should be in their best interests to help one another. I had a great time, but was completely ignored upon my special request that was a birthday wish for my Aunt who was turning 62 that night. I would absolutely refer this place to a friend I believe that everyone deserves a second chance and is entitled to an off day.Chef amazing job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty emptyGeoffladDined on 9/9/2014I liked this place. I thought the food and drinks were good, but it was pretty much empty indoors and outdoors. I went with my girlfriend before a show at Stage48 downstairs. It was a Tuesday and kinda grey out, but still was surprised at how empty it was. It is all the way west so it is a little harder to get to. It was also kind of dark when the sun went down. Seemed like Brunch and Lunch may be more of their thing.Special Features:
- Nice spot for a Sunset mealACasualCoupleDined on 9/2/2014Outdoor patio is great for a nice weather visit. It is much better than the common sidewalk, out front tables. It is fourth floor and quieter and cleaner location than a street level table. The patio has higher walls around it and there was no view of the city except for the distant tall buildings, but we picked a warm night with a nice sunset seen in the clouds to the West. The only problem was their elevator was not working for a while and it was three flights of stairs going up. It was working by the end of our dinner. Food was good and reasonable for the location. We were there on a Tuesday evening and there were not a lot of people there. I think their weekend brunches or Friday or Saturday nights are going to be much busier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange.ALissVIPDined on 8/31/2014Nice views, food was pretty good, went for brunch. I had pancakes which weren't anything special but my friends really enjoyed the burger and the steak and eggs. The 28.95 prix fix is a good deal. The service was bizarre. Server clearly had too many tables and reacted in the strangest way when we told him we were missing something. He was unapologetic and things took a little longer than expected BUT i think they just needed more staff. I probably won't be back but it's a worth a trip for the nice views.Special Features:
- MariaDined on 8/30/2014Great service, food and ambiance. Will recommend to my friends and come back.Special Features:
- Romantic RooftophideawayDined on 8/30/2014Loved the rooftop ambience at rooftop 48. You don't find this without a hefty price tag & this was thoroughly affordable & enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great relaxed rooftop!jeszDined on 8/30/2014What a great find. :) Perfect for a casual brunch with the ladies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem For Summer Pre TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/19/2014ROOFTOP 48 was the perfect Tuesday pre theatre cocktails and easy dining, slightly off the beaten path and lovely change from restaurant row. Menu was limited but still provided enough options for our varied age group. Ordered a slew of appetizers and they were devoured and very tasty. Leave a few extra minutes if your plans include a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overwhelmed staffMingtheMercilessVIPDined on 8/17/2014I was alone so I agreed to sit at the bar. The bartender (my server) was completely swamped so I had to wait a long time to get a menu, place my order, and to pay my bill. My appetizer and entrée arrived at the same time almost 40 minutes later because the food runner gave my appetizer to the couple 2 seats down who ordered after me. They shouldn't have accepted reservations yesterday knowing they had to direct all of their resources to serve a large group and the rest of us were just an afterthought.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Overall, not impressed with the experience. Friendly and polite staff but horrible service. Waiters would take orders and completely forget. Bill was messed up. They would not provide tables in better area, though it is available. Food, taking orders, filling glass with water extremely slow. Will not come back here, though good environment, due to service.
- Great view but horrible serviceHorribleDined on 8/17/2014Food took extremely long and still had orders missing. Our appetizers never came out. The drinks never came out so we had to order them at the bar. Horrible horrible service.Special Features:
- Horrible service. Great view.NycfoodieDined on 8/17/2014I was thrilled to try this rooftop spot to celebrate my bday. I came in from CT with 3 friends expecting to be blown away. We were amazed by the view. Our waiter was nice, even letting my friend borrow sunglasses. We ordered cocktails & apps & then it went down hill. Out app order was wrong but then fixed. The service was the worst I've experienced. After asking many times, we did not get napkins. One busboy told us to use the greasy napkin from the bottom of the chip bowl. Three of us received our food, but the 4th's meal was incorrect. We sat down at 12:30 and she got her meal (a burger) at 1:50 (we were done by then and had to wait for her). They gave us a free round of drinks. But what a waste of time we could have spent exploring NYC.Special Features:
- Interesting ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014They need help. Good view and the food was pretty good. The service was not so great. I think it was inexperience, lack of thought and training that lets them down. Also, they have a great view but the lighting needs a lot of work. I would go for drinks only at the moment, until they fix the food service.Special Features:
- Great cocktails, good foodChaseVIPDined on 8/9/2014Loved the Genius of Love cocktail - mojitos also had by our group and were great. A little pricey at 14$, but worth it. Food was also great, and pretty reasonably priced. $28.95 prix fixe is a good deal (entree, two mimoses/bloody marys/bellinis) - especially if you get the huevos con bistec. Service was a little slow, but friendly and polite.Special Features:
- Service was a let downEnglishNYerDined on 8/9/2014I had high hopes for this outdoor brunch and the venue was great, but the brunch menu was mostly eggs with limited choice beyond that. I could get past the menu, but the real let down was in hte service because our starter arrived after our main course and the server didn't seem to really care, so we ended up sending it back, which was a real disappointment and put a damper on the overall experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014My family and I met here to celebrate my brothers birthday and we had a fantastic time! The wait staff was very nice and manager even came by to wish them a happy birthday. It was a beautiful August day and we were happy to spend the evening outdoors. The food portions are small but if you order several items to share it's fine. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Nicesvalerio1218Dined on 8/5/2014I went to celebrate my brothers bday it was quiet (too quiet) music was mostly in the indoor bar area but it should've come out more to the outside. Food was ok (expected more) but was informed that the menu "changes weekly". Was only offered drinks and appetizers basically. Staff was nice and our server was very friendly.Special Features:
- Could be better with a few tweaksDDLNVIPDined on 8/5/2014Took several employees to happy hour last week. It was easy to get a reservation and we had the patio mostly to ourselves. The indoor space is cute, but outdoor could use a little more attention. Cushions on seats were torn, walls are cement and block much of the view. Food is good, some dishes are better than others, cocktails are fabulous but pricey (par for the area but not on par with the particular setting). I will continue to go and order the empanadas and guacamole and enjoy the fresh air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 94 reviews are from the Rooftop 48 reviews archive.
- hidden treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014Didn't know about this place hidden far west in Hells Kitchen. Elevator to the roof was the tip off that this would be a worthwhile brunch. Had to wait for our friends and the staff was all over us in a good way to get us comfortable in any way we wanted. Once seated the drinks and food fun began. Great selection for brunch. Wonderful dishes well prepared and the basket of muffins was wonderful. 1 comment is that perhaps there could have been some breads as well to go with the brunch fare. Will definitely be back. Especially since one of the other advantages of the place is that we had no trouble finding parking less than 2 blocks away so quite accessible too.Special Features:
- Great food/service, needs update!JoeyNJDined on 7/18/2014Brought my wife for a Friday night out. Once you're there is good, and food was great (especially the sliders and a great mojito). Also the service was very good (drinks and food did not delay) and were very attentive. HOWEVER, the entrance to the building should be revamped or given a more "upscale" look....this is especially since the area itself is dry and "warehousy-looking". Also the entrance guy, who looked like a bouncer, was assisting 2 policemen right there and did not tell us what floor it was once at the elevator. He left with the cops on the 3rd floor. Once at the lounge, you could immediately notice that the pillows are dirty/worn out and even torn apart. This must be updated/fixed and will make a big difference!! Thanks.Special Features:
- Great food and excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Went to Rooftop 48 for a Saturday brunch and it was awesome! The food was delicious, staff was super friendly and service was excellent...highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was BAD!!!!!XlmooseDined on 6/28/2014I brought my wife here to try and get in a nice rooftop restaurant dinner and watch the sunset. The view was so so and the setting was ok but the food was just plain aweful. Service was not much better although they did try and make up for the poor food. Saveyour money and go somewhere else!!!
- We loved Rooftop48!MikeJDined on 6/25/2014We really enjoyed Rooftop48, the food was excellent. We absolutely loved the Sea Bass and the specialty drinks were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience of my lifetimeHungrystudentDined on 6/22/2014Not much need to be said other than that our food took hours to come out(we had to complain to the manager and the table next to us complained twice), the table was so poorly attended that I had to go to the backroom to get our table's water and utensils myself, I had to bring our bill to the table myself, and they charged us 20% gratuity for 4 people for this appalling service because "they are so busy right now". Also, I was expecting a chill, romantic brunch, but the restaurant killed the mood by blasting club music. It was the most stressful restaurant experience I ever had and a total waste of 3 hours of my life. If you want to serve yourself food and blast your ears out on a Sunday morning, this would be a great place for you.Special Features:
- liketoeatDined on 6/22/2014We have been to Rooftop 48 for dinner twice when it was ZBar and the service was impeccable the food amazing, an overall great experience. Brunch on Sunday was a disaster. The service was horrendous. It took 45 minutes to get a drink and I ordered a Bellini and was served a Mimosa, when I told the waiter it wasn't a Bellini he told me it was, I had to call a manager over to get the right drink. 40 minutes later we were served a second drink and given (after we complained) a basket of complimentary Danish, again I was given a Mimosa instead of a Bellini and had to argue with the server to get the right drink. After another 40 minutes of waiting for our food and watching people who arrived after us being served we left. So disappointing!
- Foodie0913Dined on 6/22/2014I rarely write reviews, but my experience was bad enough that I feel I must write something. The service was by far the worst. We waited an hour for the waiter to come by. The music was way too loud. When the food finally came, we had to wait a long time to get utensils and napkins. Don't recommend this place.Special Features:
- horriblescammedDined on 6/20/2014They charge you 40% of a service charge and gratuity. We refused to pay that portion and made the manager remove the extra charge. Next day we found out one of the employees used our credit card number to purchase 300.00 which we were informed of by fraud alert. I will never recommend This restaurant to anyone.
- Would not recommendcdachilleDined on 6/15/2014Although outdoors, there is not a great view and they do not offer a lot of shade. The DJ music was way too loud for a Sunday brunch. We had to go up and ask for service several times - to get water, to check on our order and then to ask a question about our bill. Then they forgot to place our order so we were waiting for our food for over an hour and a half - if we hadn't asked about it, we would have never gotten served. Even with a groupon deal, this was not worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Very poor service , had to wait for an hour before anyone attended to us. Food was fine.
- not the rooftopdollVIPDined on 6/14/2014Was very disappointed, was not the rooftop, but the restaurant called print...the name is deceiving....even though food and service was great, it was not the rooftop. ..also you don't need reservations for rooftopSpecial Features:
- Very deceving, never go againFoodiluvVIPDined on 6/6/2014We went for dinner, the restaurant was empty, the music was super loud and everything was terrible! We order drinks. My husband waits over 45 min to get his glass of wine. Nobody apologizes for the delay. About 1 hour after taking the order, the waiter comes back to double check it. He hasn't fired anything yet. After another hour wait, the starters finally come, my husband's dish is wrong (tuna trio instead of tuna tacos). Nobody apologizes again and they say that they can eventually change it but it will take about 15 min. We keep it but ask for banana plantains to compensate. Mains are ok. My salad comes without shrimps. Paella is disgusting. They charge us for everything (even the plantains) adding a 20% gratuity for a party of 4!
- yumyfoodloverDined on 6/6/2014odd that the sliders are 15 bucks and they have no sides available in the weekly menu yet they have a regular burger ( a larger slider) with yellow tomato onion and FRIES. Yummy fries at that. Choose wisely. Bring a few pals get a good bottle of red and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- YesDarvaDined on 6/1/2014I went to Rooftop48 with a Livingsocial coupon which cost me $45. I was given the brunch menu which for two people was $46. When the waiter brought the bill he wrote that based on the coupon the bill would have been $90. I received nothing more than what was on the brunch menu. I tipped based on the coupon but was annoyed because there was no saving and the tip(which I gave) was significant.Special Features: