120 Hebron Avenue
Glastonbury, CT 06033Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rooftop120.com/
- Phone: 8604309989x
- Hours of Operation:
OPEN Tuesday through Saturday: 5 PM - CLOSE
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Xavier Santiago
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rooftop120 offers private event packages for deluxe cocktail parties, sit down dinners, brunch, and we are always able to customize our guests needs for your next private event. Rooftop120 can accommodate up to 65 people in our private room. Contact us further for renting the whole Rooftop!
- Private Party Contact: Jena Reasinger 8607161611x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment of the Hottest DJ's and Live Bands every Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Rooftop 120
Rooftop120 Restaurant and Bar is New England's largest four season rooftop. Located at 120 Hebron Avenue in Eric Town Square, Glastonbury, CT. Come join us inside for a unique dining experience with our specialty cocktails and seasonally inspired menu. Our magnificent, year-round, four season rooftop has amazing views and two fire pits for those cool nights. The excitement of the rooftop is flowing with live music Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Nights. Ask today about hosting your next private function at Rooftop 120. Your guests will be blown away by the fun and friendly atmosphere. Leave the work to us for your next holiday party, birthday party, bachelorette party, or corporate event! We can accommodate up to 60 guests in our private room. Join our VIP list at Rooftop 1-2-0 dot com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Rooftop 120 - Best Restaurants in Glastonbury ›
Rooftop 120 reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (33)good for groups (28)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (26)special occasion (22)romantic (21)scenic view (19)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2014Food was hot and delicious, better quality than previous visits. It was a quiet night so noise was minimal and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014Wasn't expecting to find such a sophisticated restaurant in a shopping mall in Glastonbury. Very very nice. Will definitely return. Though the restaurant touts its rooftop/outdoor scene (which is probably terrific in warmer weather), our indoor experience (October) was lovely -- very cozy. Great place to go year round, and I'll look forward to the outdoor experience next summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant for a small get-togetherSnoottDined on 10/22/2014Met there with 3 colleagues to talk shop, have apps and a few drinks on a Wednesday from 5-8PM. Perfect for that. We had a quiet place to sit, enjoyed a couple of tasty appetizers, and enjoyed ourselves. Beer selection was excellent.Special Features:
- Classy with great ambianceMartiniGirlDined on 10/17/2014I have been to this dining establishment 3 times, and have never been disappointed. The food is quite good and the service is excellent. This is a great spot to hang out with your significant other or just a girls night out. I would recommend Rooftop 120 to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very unique establishmentjillDined on 10/17/2014Came with a friend on Friday,5 o'clock time, our first time. Nice and open. By the time we left around 6:30, it was hopping, outside eating area and bar. Food was fantastic. Hats off to the chef for the chicken thighs with polenta. We're still thinking about it! Outside dining was fun and unique. Hope to come back. I am from Meriden.Special Features:
- Very nice atomosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Service was excellent, staff explained menu well. Very attentive. Food was good to very good, partners meal was a bit cold and restaurant quick to apologize and to offer taking entree off and offer dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentfoodreviewer8Dined on 9/13/2014Food and service were both excellent. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodThewennerDined on 9/13/2014I had heard about Rooftop's great late-night bar scene but had not heard much about their food, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The place was almost empty (it was still early), and we got a nice quiet table with no other diners in sight. Waitress was very pleasant and the food was delicious. We split a wedge salad that they were kind enough to bring out on 2 plates and our main dishes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RachelDined on 9/12/2014Awesome food and nice quiet ambiance. The rooftop bar was loud and busy, but the restaurant is completely Seperate and you don't hear any of the noise. And, every seat has a window with a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but expect loudnessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014If you are in the dining room or on the deck, noise isn't a factor. If you sit behind the bar in the interior space by the sliders, don't expect to be able to hold a conversation with your dining companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!VickZDined on 9/10/2014This is a great place!!!! my friends and I talked for months about going here to celebrate my 50th birthday. So finally we went. it was a Wednesday night at about 6 pm. we were seated promptly outside and our waitress Alissa came right over with the happy hour specials. She was very attentive and alot of fun!!! The drinks were great and food was too. We didn't tell her we were celebrating a birthday because we were celebrating several months after, but she told us it wouldn't have mattered to them. I highly recommend this place for any kind of celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitheyythereDined on 9/6/2014My fiancee and I came here for the first time for an early Saturday dinner, and we were the only patrons there, besides one other couple that was there when we left. The place is absolutely gorgeous, and is probably more so at night when it's dark outside. Would love to go back and experience their night scene. As for the service and food, the food was ok..I had their fried rice, which was flavorful, but the rice was hard, crunchy and undercooked. My fiancee had their Kobe burger, which he said was fantastic. Service was good, we have nothing to complain about. The hostess seemed to have her nose in the air a bit, but the manager seemed like she was right on top of her staff, which is good to know. Overall, not bad. Would come back again.Special Features:
- harryhoudiniDined on 8/30/2014An enjoyable spot, with the bar area bright and happy. The outdoor areas had enough heaters to keep it comfortable. The food was delicious, and I especially liked the opportunity to purchase smaller plates. The fried calamari was especially good.Special Features:
- Late Summer HH & DiningAuDSupperClubDined on 8/28/2014Our group of 5 had a great time recently at Rooftop. We met up at the bar at about 5:30. The first person there took a while to have her order taken, it seems that the bartenders (though numerous) each assumed someone else was taking care of her. They were apologetic and attentive once they realized the oops, and to the rest of our group as they trickled in. We were seated outside (which is what we had asked for in our reservation) promptly, and our server was attentive and timely, even though she was working several other tables. The music and crowd noise in the bar became a bit much for us to hear our conversation, but we felt quite comfortable on the deck, and enjoyed the background music and fire warmers as we gazed at the sunset. :)Special Features:
- AlAllenDined on 8/7/2014Sorry but meal was too expensive and portions very small. Service was mediocre. I would only go back for drinks at happy hour
- Good, need a better dress code!AngelinaDined on 8/2/2014I enjoyed the food and presentation VERY much. It has a classy element to it but also it can cater to a younger clothes barely there kinda crowd so The class of the decor ( which is outstanding) sometimes did not match the clients. If you are not in that younger jet set....just be prepared....I don't fall in that dressing naked category so....keep that in mind. BUT if you can asked to be seated in a private booth and go between 5pm-9pm you will be less likely to be shocked as scantly dressed women walk by! BUT the food, service décor is OUTSTANDING...Special Features:
- Nice but over priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Very nice decor and ambience. Lots of space for groups, but there are also some very intimate tables in the back of the restaurant. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. I went on a Monday evening, so it wasn't busy at all. The food was good, but basically it's a very pricey tapas bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooftop regularsAlMichele84VIPDined on 7/25/2014We go to R120 at least once a month, and it hasn't disappointed yet. Sitting outside is very cool. The menu has something for everyone and the nightly specials are not to be missed. Get several small plates to share, it works our great.Special Features:
- Rooftop 120 for Bookgroup DinnerMebbie26Dined on 7/22/2014Very easy booking this venue on OpenTable. The outside dining is fun and casual although the piped in music was a little loud for conversation. The nuances of bookings were well covered online - cannot reserve outside seating later int eh week as it reverts to first come first served, etc. We were there at the end of happy hour and enjoyed discounted drinks & appetizers for the table, but had to correct the bill when it came as prices had not been adjusted. Tuesdays are half off wine bottles, added bonus! Inventive menu with great flavor choices, good sized portions for what is offered, a bit pricey. A little unfortunate that there is a charge to share plates and that children may not sit outside but I'd recommend the experience.Special Features:
- Great Bar, lacks supreme dinnerlilvocVIPDined on 7/11/2014Awesome bar scene! Great drinks and good bartenders. We had dinner there and it wasn't all that great. I had the Paella which is a great dish down south, but not what a typical Paella dish should look or taste like. Clams on a halfshell were awesome however! Definitely a place for finger food and apps. They have opportunity to take dinner to the next level. The prices were reasonable so the value isn't all that bad if you want a nice cool outdoor bar scene. Just don't go hungry expecting top notch food.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Meeting a girlfriend for after work drinks. Menu is bland, should have more finger food and waitress was in serious need of a personallity but overall, the night (weather) made up for it.Special Features:
- Bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Service was awful. Waiter was rude, for my drink wrong twice and tried to blame it on me. He was also rude when we ordered out food. Took a long time to order drinks and food. I would not go backSpecial Features:
- The following 338 reviews are from the Rooftop 120 reviews archive.
- First timerBksezitsokDined on 6/22/2014I live less than a mile away and pass it every day. Feedback from my critics was, pricy, especially the drinks (margaretita's). We have many choices in Gbury and surroundings, so it took a while. Quite Sunday, so good service, food and cocktails, and dessert, got to banter with staff too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good concept with poor executionsjm9Dined on 6/11/2014The kitchen simply does not have their act together, and the poor servers have to bust tail trying to compensate for their mistakes. They have presentation down, but our entrees took forever only to come out cold and one of them inedible (I was served raw rice sautéed in oil- not exaggerating). Our server and manager were profusely apologetic and did everything they could to right the situation... which was appreciated, but jeez. The entree was comped, and we also got a free dessert. The chocolate cake, while huge, was nothing like it was described on the menu, and clearly defrosted. My banana parfait had chunks of plain cream cheese in it and was topped with cool whip. A cocktail, dinner salad, app, sandwich, and dessert- $82! No thanks :(Special Features:
- CoolJazzydDined on 6/7/2014Cool place. Great idea....roof top. Service was very good. Very accommodating in asking for special requests.Special Features:
- Service Needs a Little HelpFl3808VIPDined on 6/6/2014Food & atmosphere were great! A very fun & vibrant place to be. The staff, while all VERY friendly, seemed very overwhelmed and confused. Maybe because they had a huge party but we waited a long time for someone to come help us then we were passed to about 5 different servers-there were only 2 of us! Hopefully it was just an off night because it is a good place to go.Special Features:
- Good FoodRobGDined on 5/25/2014Food was excellent.. thought the portions were a little smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerThomasDined on 5/17/2014Great atmosphere. Good food. Nice outdoor seating. Had great service from our waiter Kelly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Rooftop!Nash1772Dined on 5/17/2014I enjoyed dining at rooftop 120. Great Atmosphere. Good Food. The service was decent considering the large crowd. I had a good time. I would definitely recommend aRooftop 120 and will more than likely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewloveseafood3Dined on 5/11/2014Came here for brunch on Mother's Day and enjoyed the outside dining. Oysters were fantastic, lobster cobb salad was good - nothing special.Special Features:
- Rooftop Great Food Best Martini'sCindygabDined on 5/11/2014Never disappointed the food is always great and Tyler is an artist of the Martini! Best Martini in Glastonbury with food and view to top it off!Special Features:
- Yummy food!NinerdinerDined on 4/26/2014From the moment we walked into Rooftop 120 we knew we were in for a treat. Our service was outstanding, food was crazy good and it was a fantastic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprise findDaveDined on 4/25/2014My wife and I thought this was a terndy hot spot for the younger crowd....while it maybe, we found the inside dinning experience just right for any age. The food was great, some of the best calimari we have had! We will come backSpecial Features:
- Great for all occassionsSandraDined on 4/22/2014I've been to Rooftop 120 before for the nightlife piece of it. This was a good experience as it was more upscale and classy. I've also been there for happy hour in the nicer weather and this is a really nice experience as well. I highly recommend it. But this last time I was there everything was on par as usual but we got to "tour" their more formal dining and lounge area and it's so beautiful! It's more romantic and very classy. It would be a great spot for a special occasion dinner without being too stuffy. I love this place.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014The Tapas selections were wide ranging and excellent. Dessert was absolutely incredible!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- n/aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014I wasn't too enthused with our waiter. He was helpful when one of the guest at our table needed help choosing a meal option. However, the remainder of the night with our server was poor. We always had to ask him or another server to fill our waters even when he walked past them when empty. He hardly stopped by our table. That I only noticed because he paid more attention to his other table he waited on. In the dinning area there were only 3 dinner parties, our table included. Maybe the server was tired and just exhausted from a long day. I really loved the tomato soup. I didn't enjoy the wings and fries as they were more salty that usual. The ambiance there is great. Its a good idea for a get together or a date night.Special Features:
- YuckJeanetteVIPDined on 3/22/2014Gave this place a second shot thinking it might be nice to sit outside around the heat lamps. Even though the clientele is typically jersey shore (not my thing). Found out the outdoor seating is no longer year round and the jersey shore meat heads were in full swing. Add to that the bartender made the wrong drinks and the waitress brought them over anyway asking us if we wouldn't mind drinking them. But that if we really wanted what we originally ordered she'd take them back. Ridiculous. And to top it all off, the reason we went was to have dessert but we were extremely disappointed when we were served obviously frozen junk. Will never go back to this place. Everything about it is fake and ridiculous. Too bad because its an awesome venue.
- Food was excellent, service2OSFoodiesDined on 3/21/2014Food was excellent, service was excellent, and staff was very helpful.Special Features:
- cant wait to go backkuttletsDined on 3/18/2014we received two groupons for this restaurant as a gift. we have never been so impressed with a groupon restaurant that we would go back...until Rooftop 120. We are going to go back just to enjoy the amazing truffle fries, orange glaze calamari...what???...and just explore the entire menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RooftopsherlybopDined on 3/10/2014Excellent choice!! We had wonderful food from a very diverse menu. We loved it!!Special Features: