Roof Garden at The Peninsula Hotel
9882 South Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Roof Garden at The Peninsula Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.peninsula.com/roofgarden
- Phone: 3109752855
- Hours of Operation:
Daily - 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Codney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View
A word from Roof Garden at The Peninsula Hotel
Tucked away on the roof is a stylish poolside patio garden, beside The Peninsula Spa, serving Naturally Peninsula cuisine with emphasis on great-tasting healthy food and imaginative drinks. Breakfast, lunch and early dinner can be enjoyed in a relaxed and casual alfresco atmosphere. Executive Chef David Codney focuses on local organic produce and seasonal ingredients. Take in the evening, where the warmth of the Firepit provides for a sophisticated backdrop in which one can enjoy a Roof Garden signature drink under the stars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Roof Garden at The Peninsula Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (9)scenic view (9)special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (6)romantic (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- JohnnyKDined on 10/16/2014enjoyed the roof Top very much. I took a date for lunch and the food was great...parking OK....Service exceptional! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmospherejeanetteDined on 10/14/2014We went there for my cousin's birthday. Everyone enjoyed their food as well as the atmosphere and the view. Service was excellent and the food is great. I definitely will recommend this place and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spot in the hood!JBinBHDined on 9/29/2014Great little neighborhood dinner spot up on the roof. Very limited menu, but what is there is excellent. Service is superb. If you looking for top shelf bar drinks, they have to run downstairs for it. Takes a while, but worth it.Special Features:
- Breathe. Relax. Enjoy.PurrfectPawsVIPDined on 9/25/2014We love the rooftop restaurant at the Peninsula. It's much less formal than the dining room (although pricey), but the ambiance and service are still first class. We celebrated my birthday with jalapeno margaritas, fish tacos & a veggie burger with the best fries in town, and a complimentary dessert for my birthday. All were delicious, although not, perhaps, exceptional. Service was attentive without being overbearing. The other guests were well dressed and obviously enjoying themselves for their night out. I will definitely return for a special occasion, because even if it's not the best food for the price, it makes me feel special and pampered and that's what occasions are all about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blase and overpricedGeaterVIPDined on 9/4/2014The service was nice and the view was okay, but overall the experience left us cold. The food, even the highly recommended Halibut, was rubbery and bland. The salad was also very boring and stale. The price was in line with most nicer restaurants at $160 for two with only one cocktail, but honestly we've had better food at a chain restaurant in an airport. You're basically paying for being on the rooftop of a niceish hotel - but the view is mostly obscured because the dining area is sunken beneath the pool deck.
- Eating by the poolTNHawkeyeDined on 8/29/2014I don't know why, but I expected more out of my "rooftop garden" dining experience than I got. I expected a view, and I didn't expect kids and other bathers from the pool to be constantly walking by my table. The service was over the top, and food and drinks very good, with a menu very heavily weighted towards seafood. The atmosphere could have been, well, ANYWHERE. Unless you're staying at The Peninsula, there are too many better and more memorable dining options in LA.Special Features:
- Best Way to Spend A Summer EveningHappyDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Just make a reservation for an evening on the Roof Garden at Peninsula - then read the rest of this. The setting is calm and relaxed above the bustle of Beverly Hills, and the service is attentive and engaged. And then the food - you must order from Chef David Codney's barbeque menu. We tried the tomahawk steak, the brisket, the shrimp and trout - all are remarkably flavorful. A special beet salad added color and sparkle to the dinner. The gigante beans are dressed with such flavorful sauce that you'll want to use the densely rich corn muffin to scoop it all up. And try the rhubarb tart with almond crust or the caramel cream/crushed cookie delight that was a spoon magnet. Cocktails? the jalapeno margarita changed my mind about tequila. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good nightgoodfoodyDined on 7/26/2014our waiter derrick was ablast, but only in ja would i see a woman walking a dog in a restSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Of BH's Very Best AlwaysDissappointedDined on 7/26/2014Not only is this one of Beverly Hills' best restaurants (not as well-known or trendy as the more "in" places but cannot be topped in food, service, and elegant casualness) but the special "Barbecue" menu done on weekends in summer only is beyond belief. Tasty, full of variety, and all presented with a relaxed specialness. Yes, it is near the pool on the roof and yes, people are wandering through with their swim stuff, but so what? It makes for a fun people-watching scene at one of the key "out-of-towner" hotels in the area, but as locals who can literally walk to the hotel we find our "neighborhood joint" on the roof perfect, especially during sunset hours when the cool breezes blow across the area and perfect service abounds. Just GO!Special Features:
- Amazing...will go whenever in LApaigeVIPDined on 7/4/2014This is the perfect LA lunch spot. Fabulous fresh, light menu--there were so many things we wanted to try, it was hard to decide. And the specialty drink list was even better...frozen lemonade and jalapeno margarita were just the ticket! Glorious atmosphere...Next time, I'm staying there--if the lunch is that good, imagine how great the hotel must be!!!Special Features:
- Al fresco treatSDfoodieDined on 6/23/2014Rooftop, garden, Peninsula Hotel - what's not to like? But the food was the highlight -- we had a Citrus Shrimp and a Seared Ahi. Both came with complex and very well balanced compositions. The sizable Ahi portion was incredibly good, with a nice slightly spicy aioli and sort of bread salad (croutons, cukes, capers, greens). I'm not much for hot pineapple, but the citrus shrimp was also excellent - scrumptious combinations of flavors. Nice atmosphere; good service, and parked in the valet area with the Rolls Royces, Mercedes, and Ferraris, was a Kia - keeping it real....Special Features:
- The following 108 reviews are from the Roof Garden at The Peninsula Hotel reviews archive.
- Anniversary DiningJoelDDined on 5/6/2014My wife and I spent our honeymoon at this hotel and even though the hotel menu has changed my wife and I requested the same menu items as part of our tradition. My wife and have returned each anniversary. The server and staff made sure our celebration was relived in its entirety. The staff was amazing. I highly recommend thisr restaurant to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JessDined on 5/3/2014The food and service was excellent! However, since the pool is right next to the seating area, the guests who walk by can be very distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014The ambiance was very peaceful and relaxing, great setting and nice and quiet on a sunday morning. The service was great, although almost too great we had so many different people service us we didn't know who to ask for anything. The food itself was very mediocre. We ordered a pineapple dish which was never placed and we had to ask for it half way through our meal. My mother also ordered earl grey tea and received english breakfast, a minor set back although it shouldn't happen at a five star hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Spot for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/9/2014We had lunch on what turned out to be a very hot day and sitting outside was great. We were also offered the option of sitting in a poolside cabana, which would have also been nice, perhaps even a bit cooler. My tofu pad thai was tasty and the bread basket was good, especially the cheese crackers. My friend had one of the specials, which she said was okay, not great. The service was terrific. We had a great waiter and everyone greeted us both coming and going. The noise level was energetic due to a long table of about 10 or 12 women having a group lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beverly Hills OasisPattiVIPDined on 3/31/2014Always a treat to eat on the roof. Great menu...lots of selections and very attentive service. There are plenty of heaters to keep you warm after the sun sets. Delicious!Special Features:
- dine in beverly hillsbgnsoVIPDined on 2/18/2014I had lunch here at the Peninsula hotel-Roof Garden restaurant. It was a delightful experience. First, our waiter was perfect.....professional and very friendly and accomodating. Food was excellent as I would expect from this hotel...l have eaten at the Belvedere several times and always enjoyed it. The Peninsula Hotel maintains great service and food.Special Features:
- Beautiful and calm atmosphereKile333Dined on 2/1/2014Been wanting to eat here for years and finally had the chance. I will definitely return. The waitress recommended some of the chef's specials and they were AMAZING. My specialty drink was also really good (my friend said her's was too sweet). This place is such a hidden gem. I'm sure it's perfect for weekend brunches or late summer nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Dining ExperienceBillDined on 1/18/2014Whenever I visit Los Angeles, I eat at the Roof Garden at the Peninsula Hotel. The staff is always extremely attentive, and the level of service is exceptional. More importantly, the food is incredible! Added to all this, the restaurant has great ambiance. I would definitely recommend the Roof Garden at the Peninsula!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our second time comingTashaDined on 12/31/2013This is our second time coming here and it was a pure pleasure to be here for New Years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurant for aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Very nice restaurant for a very quiet casual relaxing breakfast or lunch. The service is excellent and the food is very good and will meet the exceptions of any foodie.Special Features:
- PerfectionSurfergirlDined on 10/25/2013One of the best dining experiences I've had in la! The menu offered something for everyone and we couldn't decide which options to get, so we all ordered different dishes and sampled each others. Every dish was beautifully plated, and tasted incredibly delicious. They also have a fun cocktail menu as well as a great wine selection. Drinks were fantastic (my brother says its the best old fashion he's ever had, and that's saying a lot)! Plus the atmosphere was relaxing and enjoyable with stunning views of the city. Since this dining experience, we've been raving about it to friends! The Roof Garden has definitely made 5 new returning customers out of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They raised corkage to $35larsandVIPDined on 9/9/2013They raised corkage to $35 a bottle from $25. Wine list and drinks are expensive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner!glutenfree1happygirlDined on 8/23/2013What a wonderful dinner. Incredible staff, we were treated like royalty. Incredible food and drink. Many gluten free items for my son and I and the chef came out to personally assure us about food prep precautions. The roof has glorious views of L.A., Hollywood and Beverly Hills and Century City. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2013Perfect. Server went out of her way to accommodate my dietary restrictions. Ambiance is beautiful and the minute it started raining staff ran out to cover everyone with umbrellas and warm them with heaters. They make a special presentation to birthday guests with a special menu and birthday dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was fantastic. EveryoneteriDined on 7/20/2013It was fantastic. Everyone was so nice and the food was great. Service superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a beautiful restaurantLindaVIPDined on 7/18/2013This is a beautiful restaurant and i've had fine food here in the past. However, the food was off the night we dined. The staff was very attentive and didn't charge me, offered another dish or dessert even though I didn't complain - they noticed I hadn't eaten more than a few bites.Special Features:
- roof top dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2013one of the best hotels in Beverly Hills and Westwood my partner is a foodie the menu is fantastic got a cabana for privacy for after dinner views were amazing watched a sunset in one direction and saw downtown lights starting to turn on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceTaurusDiamond12Dined on 6/21/2013The Roof Garden was an elegant way to wind down the evening. The staff was very attentive to our every need. They were quick to bring out water and an exquisite selection of breads (the zucchini bread was a pleasant surprise and very good). My family just ordered entrees for that evening and when we got them we were very happy with the portion sizes (just enough to feel pleasantly full, not overstuffed). The tofu pad thai (we got it with chicken) was rich in flavor. My Ahi Tuna was perfectly cooked and very fresh. The salad on the side was colorful and a perfect compliment to the tuna. Lastly, the fish tacos were nice and warm and the fish was not overly greasy. Overall, the experience was excellent and I believe well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a birthday lunchJillDined on 6/18/2013I love the Peninsula and we have a long history of going there for special occasions. I had a birthday dinner in the private dining room in the main restaurant, I've closed business deals in the bar, and so on. So when my mom was visiting near her birthday we wanted to make her last day special and went for lunch on a gorgeous California day at the Rooftop Garden. It was fantastic. The food was absolutely delicious -- the lobster BLT was overflowing with fresh briny lobster, the turkey burger the best I ever had, etc. We didn't get drinks. The service was nice, not exceptional but very nice. It's not cheap but we felt we got what we paid for and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Just OK!gardenloverVIPDined on 6/16/2013Went for Father's Day Brunch, was never given the brunch menu only the lunch menu. Didn't notice at first until my son said I didn't see eggs Benedict or any eggs on the menu....and of course we had already ordered. At first I thought maybe we must have missed the cut off time, but I keep seeing breakfast items being served after us. Wanted dessert, but it took sooooo long for our waitress to get back to us with our selections, she sent someone else over, we didn't want to wait so we just asked for the check. Somewhat of a disappointment for the reputation and the prices!Special Features:
- ServiceDisappointedDined on 6/16/2013The food was great but getting it took 45 minutes. We had to wait over 30 minutes for even a bread basket and had to ask for it twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful dinner spot thatdavid102299Dined on 6/14/2013A delightful dinner spot that gets more pub for its lively lunchtime scene, the Roof Garden at the Peninsula Hotel is a great spot for a romantic "get away" dinner that's right in the heart of Beverly Hills. We actually got our own cabana because the restaurant on this night was nearly full, so we were treated to a very private and wonderful dining experience. When it got chilly at night, they closed off the cabana on three sides and fired up the heater and it was PERFECT. Food was delicious and we split everything which kept the bill down a bit. Parking was only $8 with validation and it's a great spot to impress a date. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Saturday LunchSteveODined on 5/24/2013Food was great. (a little pricey). Liked the service and the location near Beverly Hills. Nice place for a special date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not have had a morekmseattleDined on 5/17/2013Could not have had a more wonderful experience. In fact we loved in so much we made a reservation for the following night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less snobby then most of BeverlyOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/19/2013Less snobby then most of Beverly HIlls' fine dining establishmens, but still top notch service and food.Special Features:
- The best. Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/16/2013The best. Food and service is of the highest quality.Special Features:
- Beverly HIlls GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/10/2013This is a true gem, one of the finest spots in LA for a lunch on a sunny day. Food is exceptional, staff is always attentive, but not obtrusive, friendly and informed. Makes the typical business lunch feel more like a special occasion.Special Features:
- wonderful; we could actuallyempressVIPDined on 3/23/2013wonderful; we could actually talk without shouting and the food and service were excellent. A pleasure
- Great bday lunch on the roofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Great bday lunch on the roof top - we were there for over 4 hours! Will definitely be back.Special Features: