10 Cordage Park Cir
Plymouth, MA 02360Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theroobar.com/
- Phone: (508) 746-4300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from RooBar
Dining in Plymouth has taken a quantum leap forward with the opening of RooBar in Cordage Park. Hip and stylish, RooBar has integrated the elements of a vintage New England factory building with innovative, contemporary interior design. Featuring an open kitchen and a wood-fired oven, custom built of beach stone, the result is a handsome and spacious restaurant that offers fine dining in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
RooBar - Best Restaurants in Plymouth ›
RooBar reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (23)special occasion (19)hot spot (16)romantic (13)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014DInner was great. Music was a little too loud. It is nice having it but it would be a little better if toned down a little. Hard to talk with friends.Special Features:
- Consistently goodBonOrGoneAppetitDined on 11/6/2014Interesting ambiance (repurposed rope factory, lots of brick, high ceilings) bar area has cozy, round booths and live music several nights...usually solo artist. Big brick oven for pizzas with a long counter in front so you can eat and watch the chef. Seasonal salads keep menu interesting and fresh. Try the apple, pine nut, feta, mixed greens. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food served well.VietvetDined on 11/1/2014Though noisy, I would recommend RooBar for a casual meal in a comfortable atmosphere. I'm not a drinker and cannot comment on the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Consistently great food and service. Wonderful old mill atmosphere and decor. We're locals and we go all the time!Special Features:
- Roo on a Friday nightplimoth07Dined on 10/31/2014Everything our group of 4 ordered was very good. One ordered the chicken pot pie and enjoyed it. Pizza with scallops was great. Wine choices are good. The setting on the bar side is very cozy and there are some small tables that would be perfect for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceFunandyumDined on 10/31/2014Always love this restaurant. The building is an old brick cordage factory, full of old world charm and Plymouth history. The staff is very friendly and the food delicious. Never disappointed here.Special Features:
- See BelowWesleyDined on 10/25/2014It had a nice atmosphere. A little noisy and kid friendly. The food preperation was poor and did not meet what we ordered.Special Features:
- Good FoodmonumentDined on 10/21/2014The dining room for finer dining is small and quaint. The ambiance would have been improved with more diners, however it was a Tuesday night! The menu and selections chosen were great. There is also a casual section of the restaurant, it looked to be for Pizza, etc. Looking forward to a return visit to the dining room, to see what is like on a weekend.Special Features:
- too noisy to hear conversationsnotformeDined on 10/18/2014Because the Roo Bar was so very noisy--we didn't even know there was live music, it couldn't be heard--that overshadowed everything for us. I don't remember the food much. I'm sure it was good but what I remember most about the evening was that everyone had to shout loudly for any chance to be heard, and generally the shouted wasn't effective enough. After a long time of trying to speak to each other, we just decided to eat and get out of there.Special Features:
- Great place to eatCindi104Dined on 10/11/2014I have to say Roo Bar is truly one of my favorite places to meet our friends. My husband & i have been here before & will certainly go back. Great food & service every-time. Cant wait to try their pizza sometime. Using Open Table is great as i can send to my five friends all the details easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianneDined on 10/11/2014There is a great variety of meals cooked as you order, everything is extremely fresh. I love the open kitchen and wood fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurtDined on 10/10/2014The place was rocking when we arrived on Friday evening. Considering how remote the location it was surprising how many people were here. The large menu was perhaps too ambitious. Everything sounded fabulous on the menu, but both appetizers and entrees fell slightly short of expectations. Perhaps they need time to work things out. Roobar is an attractively designed warehouse restaurant with good service and plenty of parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The rush was too much?servemeDined on 10/4/2014We arrived around 7:45 and waited a long time just to get a drink. We ordered a bottle of wine only to find out it was not available and waiting a long time more until we finally did get a reisling. They when we finally got our bread our waitress informed us they were running low on dishes so she was sorry our bread was not in the right dishware (strange that it was brought to our attention because we probably would not have known). The atmosphere is a bit loud but the music playing was fantastic and the highlight of the visit. Food was good.Special Features:
- North Plymouth discoverysavageDined on 10/4/2014Went to Roobar for the first time Saturday, October 4. Had reservation for 7:15 and were seated right away! Restaurant in old cordage company, retaining inside brick walls and high ceilings. This looked very nice, but contributed to high noise level. Service was great, food was served very quickly. The food itself was good to great, but not really that "wow" factor. All of us would definitely go back, though.Special Features:
- consistantly goodjosephDined on 10/4/2014RooBar is a very good restaurant that is a popular spot and for good reason: they do a above average job in all aspects, food, service and surroundings.Special Features:
- RooBarBirthdayGirlDined on 10/3/2014We have been to RooBar numerous times so it seemed the perfect spot to go for my birthday. Unfortunately all I can say is it was fine. My pork chop was over done and dry, my husband's meat was also dry. The service was lovely and we will probably go back however I will be cautious about recommending it.Special Features:
- Relaxed dinnerrelaxedfitDined on 10/2/2014We enjoy the atmosphere and the good food. The service is very good and leisure enough for us to unwind and enjoy our meals. The scallops were delicious and the pizzas are perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps on improvingvkk32VIPDined on 9/28/2014I've been to the Roo Bar several times and while I wasn't completely impressed the first time around, each subsequent visit has been better than the last. This time I had the lobster and spinach ravioli in a light tarragon cream sauce which included huge hunks of lobster meat. The ravioli and lobster were outstanding though the sauce could have used a pinch more tarragon. My dining companion had the filet mignon which was perfectly done was also scrumptious. We each had different specialty martinis and they were also outstanding. This place is fast becoming a "go to" spot for me and I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2014We have been to the RooBar a few times and we always have amazing food! The drink menu is very good and no matter what you chose to eat and drink, we always walk out of there having a great experience and wanting to go back. The bar is also nice and they always have entertainment which is nice. The only downfall is that you can't really have a pleasant conversation or a quiet romantic dinner, the place is very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/poor serviceKINGPINDined on 9/26/2014This was a nice treat for us. Referred by a friend, we were pleasantly surprised by RooBar. The food was excellent, high quality and well presented. Downside - waitress was terrible. Disappeared most of nite. Late with drinks. Forget to bring back our to-go leftovers. Never showed up, and we left in frustration. Will return, but hoping the waitress choses another profession before we get back.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, But Very NoisySwimMomDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food, appetizers and cocktails. Rave reviews for the meatloaf and spinach/lobster ravioli. We found it odd that we received our apps before our cocktails. We'll go back for the food, but will avoid a loud Friday night. Our group of six couldn't hear one another across the table and felt as if we were screaming to be heard.Special Features:
- Good vibe and food.TasteBuddyDined on 9/26/2014Been going to RooBar for several years now. The lighting and decor give the place an overall cozy feeling. The menu hasn't changed a lot since I've been going there. I'd like to see it change up now and then. Although there are few favorites of mine on the menu too. The waitresses have always been accommodating and efficient. 99% of the time have been good experiences. To me Roobar has a good vibe. The braised short ribs are probably my favorite.Special Features:
- Great Food!foodmksmesmileDined on 9/23/2014This is one of my favorite Plymouth restaurants without a doubt. The waterfront might have the water but the Roo Bar has the great food. I love the atmosphere and it is a great place to go for a warm fall /winter dinner. No matter what time of year it is, this is my favorite spot for the best food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goof Food & Good TimesVietvetDined on 9/20/2014As noted in my responses the noise level at RooBar is energetic. That being said, RooBar is great for a single couple or with a bunch of friends. The service is always top notch as is the food. The menu has something for every taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, once againjosephDined on 9/20/2014Had a group of eight. Service was outstanding the food was good and creative and the overall scene was fun and lively. Recommend it for dates as well as groups of diners.Special Features:
- Amazing foodYoshiDined on 9/19/2014the food at food bar is consistently great and the service is always the best. Tucked away from the tourist area, Roo Bar is perfect for the locals in the Plymouth area.Special Features:
- Reliably GoodPattyDined on 9/12/2014I am always happy to eat here. The food and service are always well done.Special Features:
- Fun with friendsAlpacaloversDined on 9/10/2014Booth in bar area good for conversation. We have tried the main dining room twice, but tables are close and the room gets noisey. Food is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediodreapplestrudelDined on 9/6/2014Our party of 6 was seated promptly in the area we requested. We ordered Drinks and food. After a long wait for our food, we were informed that the waitress forgot to put in one of the orders. Once we got our order we found everything to be bland. Very disappointing
- DesertLsdstarDined on 9/1/2014Your deserts are one of my favorites. Work out a deal on a pastry chefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outCaptainX3Dined on 8/31/2014Food was great. Menu each bit limited with a few specials. We were seated in a corner so the waitress paid less attention to us than she did to tables nearer the center so we had to wait for water refills and to get and pay our check.Special Features:
- Good food and servicemlmartDined on 8/23/2014We've been to Roo Bar twice, and enjoyed both meals. Scallops were excellent... so tender and sweet. Price was reasonable considering the quality of the food. Wait staff were excellent. The only down side is it is a bit noisy, but that should not prevent you from trying Roo Bar. We will definately go again.Special Features:
- traveling4someDined on 8/23/2014Gracious welcome by host. Pleasant, smiling waitstaff. The food was certainly the star. The fellows totally enjoyed the meatloaf while us girls savored the pork and fish dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Roobar!BorderhillDined on 8/18/2014We always have a wonderful meal here. The bar area is perfect for a quiet intimate dinner. It's our 'special place' for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayAlexDined on 8/17/2014We thought the restaurant was okay. Nothing special. Food was good, location and ambiance was not very good. Expensive for what it is.Special Features:
- Great place for dinner and drinksGloriaDined on 8/16/2014We ended up sitting at the bar and there were 4 of us. Great service and great conversation with the staff. The Manager was very nice an accomadating with us choosing to sit at the bar.. Great guy (forgot his name)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!CosmoDined on 8/16/2014We read mixed reviews and were a little hesitant. I can't say enough about the great service and food. I had the scallops saltinbocca and my husband had the meatloaf. We also had the crab cake appetizer and the peanut butter bomb for dessert . All highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodaj02Dined on 8/11/2014This is one of my two favorite places to eat in Plymouth. The food is always perfection, service is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindCindi104Dined on 8/9/2014This place is a five star in my book. We met 5 friends there and they sat us right on time. We had reservations which for a Saturday night I highly recommend. Food & service were great. I highly reccomend the Scallops Saltenbocca.Special Features:
- Great Food!TasteBudDined on 8/3/2014Our experience at RooBar was very good overall. The food selection was good, and the preparation was outstanding. Plating was very well done. The appetizers were delicious and fun; and their artisan pizzas, cooked in a wood-fired oven were fantastic. The service there was the best I've experienced in a very long time. We sat at the Pizza Bar, and we were able to watch both the main grilling/cooking area as well as the action at and around the wood-fired oven. The only drawback is that the restaurant is in a GIANT space, and even the smallest sounds reverberate everywhere. We were there late on a Sunday evening, so it wasn't packed, but because of the acoustics, it sounded like it. I would highly recommend, even with the sound issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.