10 Cordage Park Cir
Plymouth, MA 02360Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theroobar.com/
- Phone: 508-746-4300x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from RooBar
Dining in Plymouth has taken a quantum leap forward with the opening of RooBar in Cordage Park. Hip and stylish, RooBar has integrated the elements of a vintage New England factory building with innovative, contemporary interior design. Featuring an open kitchen and a wood-fired oven, custom built of beach stone, the result is a handsome and spacious restaurant that offers fine dining in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
RooBar - Best Restaurants in Plymouth ›
RooBar reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (29)special occasion (18)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (11)notable wine list (9)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Reliably GoodPattyDined on 9/12/2014I am always happy to eat here. The food and service are always well done.Special Features:
- Fun with friendsAlpacaloversDined on 9/10/2014Booth in bar area good for conversation. We have tried the main dining room twice, but tables are close and the room gets noisey. Food is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediodreapplestrudelDined on 9/6/2014Our party of 6 was seated promptly in the area we requested. We ordered Drinks and food. After a long wait for our food, we were informed that the waitress forgot to put in one of the orders. Once we got our order we found everything to be bland. Very disappointing
- DesertLsdstarDined on 9/1/2014Your deserts are one of my favorites. Work out a deal on a pastry chefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outCaptainX3Dined on 8/31/2014Food was great. Menu each bit limited with a few specials. We were seated in a corner so the waitress paid less attention to us than she did to tables nearer the center so we had to wait for water refills and to get and pay our check.Special Features:
- Good food and servicemlmartDined on 8/23/2014We've been to Roo Bar twice, and enjoyed both meals. Scallops were excellent... so tender and sweet. Price was reasonable considering the quality of the food. Wait staff were excellent. The only down side is it is a bit noisy, but that should not prevent you from trying Roo Bar. We will definately go again.Special Features:
- traveling4someDined on 8/23/2014Gracious welcome by host. Pleasant, smiling waitstaff. The food was certainly the star. The fellows totally enjoyed the meatloaf while us girls savored the pork and fish dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Roobar!BorderhillDined on 8/18/2014We always have a wonderful meal here. The bar area is perfect for a quiet intimate dinner. It's our 'special place' for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayAlexDined on 8/17/2014We thought the restaurant was okay. Nothing special. Food was good, location and ambiance was not very good. Expensive for what it is.Special Features:
- Great place for dinner and drinksGloriaDined on 8/16/2014We ended up sitting at the bar and there were 4 of us. Great service and great conversation with the staff. The Manager was very nice an accomadating with us choosing to sit at the bar.. Great guy (forgot his name)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!CosmoDined on 8/16/2014We read mixed reviews and were a little hesitant. I can't say enough about the great service and food. I had the scallops saltinbocca and my husband had the meatloaf. We also had the crab cake appetizer and the peanut butter bomb for dessert . All highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodaj02Dined on 8/11/2014This is one of my two favorite places to eat in Plymouth. The food is always perfection, service is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindCindi104Dined on 8/9/2014This place is a five star in my book. We met 5 friends there and they sat us right on time. We had reservations which for a Saturday night I highly recommend. Food & service were great. I highly reccomend the Scallops Saltenbocca.Special Features:
- Great Food!TasteBudDined on 8/3/2014Our experience at RooBar was very good overall. The food selection was good, and the preparation was outstanding. Plating was very well done. The appetizers were delicious and fun; and their artisan pizzas, cooked in a wood-fired oven were fantastic. The service there was the best I've experienced in a very long time. We sat at the Pizza Bar, and we were able to watch both the main grilling/cooking area as well as the action at and around the wood-fired oven. The only drawback is that the restaurant is in a GIANT space, and even the smallest sounds reverberate everywhere. We were there late on a Sunday evening, so it wasn't packed, but because of the acoustics, it sounded like it. I would highly recommend, even with the sound issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food....I'll take a passBostonDined on 8/2/2014We were in Plymouth to see a movie at the Plimoth Cinema. Roobar is family fare, and pretty mediocre at that. The teriyaki lo mein appetizer brought my husband back to his boyhood days of ChefBoyardee. The calamari/chorizo appetizer was decent, attempting to do a Portuguese variation. The fig/prosciutto/goat cheese pizza was so sweet, we brought it home for our son to eat for his dessert. And the burger was on a brioche bun that my husband put aside on the plate (the bakery items, including the bread were not great...the dipping oil was good however). He ate the burger, but it was certainly nothing special and over-cooked. Maybe we ordered clunkers, but I am glad from what we ate that we were not hungry enough for the $20-$30 entrees.Special Features:
- Great food!Pia9Dined on 7/29/2014Wonderful selection of gluten free items! It is very rare that I can look on a menu and have a wide selection of things to eat since I am gluten free. The scallops were amazing! My family enjoyed the fish and surf and Turk. My son loved his Mac and cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza and good seafoodMolly18Dined on 7/26/2014On a busy Saturday night in summer I was able to make a reservation at the last minute- which had me worried - but RooBar was as good as advertised: friendly service, fresh seafood well prepared, a varied menu - we ordered entrees from a salad, to pizza, to a lobster ravioli to shellfish and all were good and fairly priced. A good wood fires piZZA PLACE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentTonygenoDined on 7/19/2014The food at Roobar is consistently excellent, service very good and the ambience has a hip, industrial feel.Special Features:
- CirithDined on 7/19/2014I attended with my parents, husband and 3 children to celebrate my parents' 45th anniversary. Everyone enjoyed the experience. I had the chicken Marsala, and it was very tender with surprisingly good gnocci. My dad really enjoyed the beef short ribs and found the portion was generous with very flavorful sauce. My mother enjoyed the swordfish, and my husband was thrilled with his scallop and bacon pizza. The kids were happy too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service spottyAboutTownDined on 7/19/2014This was our first trip to Roo Bar and we were all very pleased with our meals, which varied from salmon to pizza. The food was excellent. The service, however, was weird. Our waitress was attentive in a hit-or-miss sort of way - we'd see her 3 times in 10 minutes, but when we wanted an additional round of drinks she was nowhere to be found. And, our meals came too fast. (How often do you hear that as a complaint.) We had alotted 90 minutes for a meal before a show and we had our dinners in front of us about 20 minutes after we sat down. But, having said all that, I would definitely go back to Roo Bar when I'm next in Plymouth.Special Features:
- good experience start to finishjosephDined on 7/18/2014RooBar has been around for about seven years but because its off the beaten path location and minimal advertising I had not heard much about it. My wife and I were first time diners this week and were very pleasantly surprised. The food was prepared in an original fashion, the service was very good and the restaurant was attractive outside and in. I highly recommend this restaurant for almost every occasion and I can see it becoming a regular dining spot for our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/17/2014It may be tucked away in an office park, but worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away, but worth a visitfoodisloveDined on 7/7/2014I booked dinner here for my husband's birthday, with 10 of our friends/family, including two kids. The location is in a near deserted shopping center that looks like it used to be a hub of the neighborhood. The only thing that seems worth going to there now is Roo Bar! Once inside, though, the atmosphere is very nice, and the brick oven means the pizza will be good. Between us all, we all sampled a good amount of the menu. The pizzas were, indeed, great, as was the chicken chili, but the clam chowder was thin and not up to East Coast par, and the birthday boy's prix fixe meal seemed lacking. It was a small portion -- just two shrimp and a small piece of steak in his surf and turf. Service was pleasant and fairly consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureCarlMDined on 7/5/2014We have gone here often. This weekend our son was visiting and he likes it also. There is something on the menu for every taste. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- greatfirstmateDined on 7/3/2014Love the rustic environment, with a touch of class. The subtle woodsmoke smell nice. We will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-Timers will be back!LuvinRooDined on 7/3/2014Went the other night for the first time and had a delicious dinner! Our entree choices were the pork chop, Roo burger, prosciutto and mushroom pasta, and the beet and goat cheese salad with scallops...all perfect, not one complaint! My friends and I will definitely be back to try more.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedPartyOfChristineDined on 6/21/2014Went here on a Saturday night. Nice atmosphere, sat near the open stone ovens, noise level was normal & it was nice to not be sitting on top of everyone else for a change. My only disappointment was that pesto arancinis are listed on the menu online but were not on the menu when we got there. Tasty bread, generous wine servings. Had the seared tuna appetizer which was tasty & appropriately sized. Entrees - filet and blackened scallops - both tasty, decently sized portions. Not knock-your-socks-off good but solid. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Consistent!MaineBigDaddyVIPDined on 6/20/2014RooBar is Consistent, the food is good, the service is very good. Nice atmosphere and very kid friendly. That being said there is nothing on the menu that says WOW! But that is ok, you need a good 'go to' place for consistency. Many more fancy and adventuresome places lack on the consistency factor. The only complaint I have is that the wine list is very short, maybe it is not that big a seller for them, but a more diverse list would be appreciated.Special Features:
- Plymouth RooBarCarlMDined on 6/16/2014We go here frequently on our own. This time we took out-of-town guest and, as we expected, everyone a great time. The food was good as was the service.Special Features:
- Good for dinner with friends...tomkatDined on 6/13/2014My husband and I went with a friend for dinner on a Friday night. The food was excellent (tho they brought me the wrong plate first); well prepared and presented. The wine was good and service was excellent. It was nice to be able to have a good meal and conversation at the same time, with no Keno or television screen in sight. We've been several times and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- very enjoyable mealjustmyopsDined on 6/7/2014very friendly graders and excellent wait staff. all of our entrees were very well prepared. Drinks and raw bar were excellent. The only item that came up a little short was the clam chowder which we found to be somewhat bland and in need of more clams. Overall all a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!sandmgreeleyDined on 6/6/2014We have NEVER had a bad meal..good service, good wine, our favorite. The menu recently changed and my favorite salad was omitted, waitress made sure I could get it. I was extremely happy! My husband and I honestly believe this is one of the best restaurants around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Too busy for them to handle/not enough servers- slow....Very loud...sat in the bar....Not many menu choices...Only 1 Steak option. Pricey. expensive for ok pizza...used a Groupon...will not be returning soon
- Nice findmlmartDined on 5/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first outing to RooBar. The scallops were the best I've had in years.. so tender and tasty! My husbands lobster ravioli was also a big hit. We made reservations, and were seated promptly. The staff were very friendly. The restaurant is very trendy in style, looking much like a Boston artist loft. Very relaxing evening. We will return!Special Features:
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantPilgrimgalDined on 5/24/2014Unique twists to old favorites. Must have the coconut cake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DynahVIPDined on 5/24/2014Michael, the manager, was most accommodating. When I asked for a specific table with my reservation, he called me to let me know it was taken but offered another in its place. It worked out very well. Food is varied so choice can be made from comfort food and pizza to more upscale selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday DinnerMAPLEDined on 5/24/2014Went for dinner Memorial Day weekend. It was our first time at RooBar although other local family members have dined there often. We were seated promptly and the waitress took our drink order and answered a few questions. The margaritas met our expectations. The delay between drinks, and then dinner appearing was good. The restaurant is in an old mill style building, so it has some character. The bar scene was separated from the dining, area so we were fairly quiet. Our waitress was attentive and overall service was very good. I had the southwestern halibut special and although it was good the presentation was lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoobarOutandaboutDined on 5/23/2014Went to Plymouth for a wedding. Looked for a restaurant to meet my sister and brother-in-law for dinner the night before. Not from Plymouth area so searched on line and found this gem. Great atmosphere,service and food. We all chose different entrees and enjoyed everything. Would definitely return when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 85 reviews are from the RooBar reviews archive.
- Great APPsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014The chicken lollipops and the Asigo mac and cheese were unbelievable Service was great We can't wait to go back I wish they had a better wine list but it workedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodCarolVIPDined on 5/15/2014We have dined at Roo Bar several times--the food and service are consistently good. The short ribs were tender and flavorful and a generous portion. The chocolate torte was delicious. They have a mid-week special of 3 courses for $21.99 that is hard to beat.