Romola's Seafood & Grille
2 South Ave. W
Cranford, NJ 07016Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Romola's Seafood & Grille
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.romolasnj.com/
- Phone: 9082720045x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday- 5:00 pm-10:00 pm
Wednesday 5:00 pm-10:00 pm
Thursday 5:00 pm- 10:00 pm
Friday 5:00 pm- 10:00 pm
Saturday 4:00 pm- 10:00 pm
Sunday 4:00 pm- 9:00 pm
Open at lunchtime for private parties only.
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Wheelchair Access
A word from Romola's Seafood & Grille
New seafood restaurant in Cranford, NJContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Romola's Seafood & Grille - Best Restaurants in Cranford ›
Romola's Seafood & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (31)great for outdoor dining (28)romantic (26)good for groups (17)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014Amazing Top-notch, classy service where every time you thought you needed something, the staff took care of it before you even asked. We had a table for ten and we were ALL impressed with our meals which varied from lamb, swordfish, crepes, etc.... and it was all brought at the same time and at the right temperature, which can be tough for a large table. Desserts were out of this world. Atmosphere fantastic. I don't write reviews, ever, but I had to this time. Bravo!!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014This is the fifth time that we have eaten at romolas and have never been disappointed. Will continue to keep them as a top pick for dinner." Simple outstanding!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit disappointingVinFDined on 9/14/2014Our first visit this summer was a pleasant surprise. This is one of the Aquaviva owners from Westfield. We returned with friends and were very dismayed by quality of the food. My crab cake was mushy (think Cuisinart), under seasoned, dense and not crisp on outside. My wife had the rib eye entrée but as soon as it came she knew it was a mistake. Too thin a cut, not seared, not seasoned and overcooked. My Chilean sea bass was supposed to be in a tomato broth which was missing. The place was empty (Sunday night) so I cant attribute it to overworked staff. It's hard to understand how two visits can be so different. We won't be returning soon.
- FantasticSusanDined on 9/14/2014Our favorite spot in cranford .a bit pricy but worth it as the food never disappoints and BYOB balances this a bit .the service was excellent and the manager went around to each table to check that all was ok . Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatValBDined on 9/12/2014For the prices they charge we thought the food was not up to those standards. Meals were good but nothing memorable. Atmosphere was nice and they have outdoor seating but we chose to sit inside as the outdoor seating is on the busy road with accompanying noise. Service was attentive but a little off...we had to ask for bread on the table...maybe a newer server too? All in all, for the expense, we'd rather eat at their neighbor, Pairings.Special Features:
- BofSev1Dined on 9/5/2014Wanted to try this new place in Cranford - who already has some excellent restaurants. Very disappointing Prices : not inexpensive (15$ appetizers - 30$ entrees) so you would expect a good to very good meal for that Well, revise your expectations as food turns out to be just okaaaaaaaaaaaay. Both our main courses were average+. Our shared appetizer was okay but very small. Ended up paying 85$ (tax&tip incl) for that? I don't think i will ever give it a 2nd chance, as quality seems to be consistently not as high as the prices. And how noisy it is!
- libralynnVIPDined on 9/2/2014Everyone at the table ordered from the Prix Fixe menu and we all thoroughly enjoyed our food. Excellent choices. Superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romola's Offers Great Local DiningDrBobDined on 8/31/2014This a wonderful new Cranford restaurant. The seafood offerings are first rate and the non-seafood entrees are also very good. Nice list of appetizers to choose from [the grilled octopus is great !]. The service is attentive but not overwhelming. Being a bring your own wine restaurant is a real plus as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant for most dining occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 731sylDined on 8/31/2014Our first time at Romola's and it will definitely not be our last time. The salad, soup, fish and dessert were excellent. The bread pudding was the best I have every eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very good.TTKBVIPDined on 8/30/2014Romola's is consistently very good. While the menu is almost exclusively seafood, they prepare other dishes nicely as well. The steak was prepared excellently and my dinner companion thought it was the best she's ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JerseygirlDined on 8/28/2014You cannot go wrong dining at this restaurant. The food and the service were outstanding! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerKaren88Dined on 8/28/2014Second time here and ordered same exact meal. This time I ate outside and it was very pleasant. servers were very attentive. I suggest you tell waiter that you want vegetables and potatoes hot because this happened the last visit, also, My guest and I enjoyed this restaurant and hopefully they will offer a pre-fixe menu that is different for the fall season. You do not leave hungry and everything is fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good experienceSusanDined on 8/23/2014This is our forth time and every time this place getting better and better .is my favor place to dinningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLindaDined on 8/20/2014My husband and two friends went for the pre fixe 4 course dinner. It was delicious. To start, three of us had the eggplant rollatine which we agreed was delicious. My husband had the muscles which he loved. For the second course, two of us had the New England clam chowder. It was one of the best we've ever had--hot, tender clams, delicious potato and a little bacon for added flavor. Yum! My husband had the chilled corn soup which he said was very good and the fourth person in our party had a salad which she enjoyed. For our main course, my husband and I both had the salmon with saffron risotto. Delicious! Our friends had shrimp & scallops and loved theirs too. The sorbet and bananas foster were a nice ending to a fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Almost TherechefedDined on 8/19/2014Located in a nice neighborhood with tables in front of the entrance. Inside it's quiet, outside alternates between quiet and loud, depending on traffic. The service is attentive and charming. The four course Prix Fixe for $36 is a very good value. Service starts with crumbled cheese, tapenade and crispy crust bread with some garlic butter. Delicious. BYOB is a plus for us. The food is good but not yet great. I think with a little more time the food can achieve greatness. I had the tuna tartare, very good, the clam chowder which was a broth with bacon bits or prociutto and clams, vegs and a small amount of potatoes. It was very good. Main course, seafood fra diavolo that lacked spice and intense flavor. Think food needs more intensity.Special Features:
- Welcome addition to the areaFrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014While eating outdoors on a street corner in Cranford may not sound like much, it's a quiet corner and the food and service are outstanding. The preparations are fresh and interesting and the service at a professional level not often found in the neighborhood. While principally a seafood restaurant, and well worth a visit for fish and seafood alone, there is plenty to enjoy for the carnivores.Special Features:
- Great serviceeilpatDined on 8/16/2014Service was lovely . Food was well prepared with high quality seafood. Only criticism I like strong seasoning and I felt dishes were overall a bit bland. A private party at front of restaurant meant a rather high noise levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Dined with their price fixe menu which was reasonable. Menu was excellent and offered a variety of choices. Service was excellent and friendly. Would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal ever!Karen88Dined on 8/5/2014Took my friend here to celebrate her 60th birthday. Took advantage of the summer price-fixe menu and it was spectacular....four delicious courses for $36 per person. My eggplant appetizer was the best, and so was the mango salad. Heard the the clam chowder was awesome and said it was the best ever! The rack of lamb with glazed berry sauce was beyond what words could describe, and the sorbet trio was so fresh and homemade tasting. Our server, Drita, was excellent and the owner came over to check on everything. We both agreedthat this was the best meal we have had in a long time. I hope they have a fall pre-fixe menu since it is affordable. I can not wait to return here and have recommended it to lots of people already.Special Features:
- RegularsBobGVIPDined on 8/1/2014We are regulars now. My wife, son and I were there on Friday night and as always the food and service were excellent. We really like the owners and staff. They do everything they can to make your visit very enjoyable. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughJoeDVIPDined on 7/31/2014Open only since October 2013 but seems to have hit a homerun already. Food was spectacular and service outstanding. Happen to find this through the Open Table website and wanted to try some place new and was not disappointed. Took the summer prix fix menu that had many choices. Would highly recommend folks to try this BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experienceIzzyDined on 7/30/2014This is the first time that I had dinner at Romola's and I was not disappointed. It was a family dinner to celebrate a birthday and we ordered from the prix fixe menu and were not disappointed. It was a great dining experience and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2014When you are hungry and want awesome food, outstanding service, and BYOB - Romola's is the place to go! This has become our go-to restaurant for great food and service - specials are great and their regular menu is wonderful as well. Make sure to leave room for dessert as their homemade bread pudding and bananas foster are not to be missed! You are always welcome here and everyone from the Owner to the busboys are genuine and can't do enough for you.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantjcblackDined on 7/26/2014Great seafood. We tried different things and they were all outstanding. The jumbo shrimp and scallops on risotto, soft shell crab, tuna, and seafood dish were all without fault. The prices are a little high but can be contained as it is a BYOB.Special Features:
- seafood. see foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Lovely waitstaff. Food pretty flgood-- a very nice scallops dish, but a bouillasbaise that was wanting both in seafood and distinction. Most notable-- entree prices that frankly exceeded the quality and possibly locale...Special Features:
- OutstandingSusanDined on 7/20/2014This my 3rd time at Romolas every time is getting better and better, cant wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!ortegaDined on 7/20/2014Food was phenomenal! service was great! Was my first time going to this restaurant and I was impressed, would definitely go again.Special Features:
- First2tryFirst2tryDined on 7/16/2014Our first dining experience and will be back the Summer Price fix menu was outstanding, love that is a BYOB and will be back soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014We have been to Romola's several times and we always have a great experience. The food is delicious, preparation and presentation are impressive, and the service is just right.........attentive but not too overbearing. This is a great addition to Cranford's dining choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/11/2014The Owner, the Staff, the Food! All are great! Personalized service and all of the staff care about everyone that walks through the door. Food is consistently terrific - Seafood cooked to perfection - large portions - fabulous desserts - plus bring your own....who could ask for anything more!Special Features:
- Excellent valueRinaRooDined on 7/9/2014The restaurant is beautiful inside and out. The food is fantastic and the pricing for the quality is EXCELLENT. We were particularly HUGE fans of the fact that the place is a BYOB, but offers a wine list (at store prices - NOT restaurant prices) from a nearby liquor store; we told the waiter what we wanted, gave him cash and in minutes we had a nice bottle of wine for the table - It's BRILLIANT (and the waiter wouldn't even accept a tip for the service). Location is great too - easy parking. Between the quality of the food, the reasonable pricing, the beyond excellent service, and the convenient location, it was a great experience overall. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- HowieVIPDined on 7/6/2014Enjoyed the food and the service was ideal. They checked back periodically but were not intrusive. They made substitutions on the prescribed menu to satisfy my party. This was the third time we were at the restaurant and we will be back!Special Features:
- Marvelous New PlaceScPlFoodieDined on 7/3/2014We tried Romola's on a summer Thursday and were very happy with the prix-fixe, summer menu. Each of our choices was excellent. Although there were four courses, the serving sizes were not huge, which made me very happy. If food is good, I don't want to waste it and so eat way too much!Special Features:
- Wedding DinnerLambianceDined on 7/2/2014We chose this restaurant even though never of us had been there before. We wanted a special place to celebrate our daughter's wedding.The five of us were delighted that the evening turned out so perfect. The food was very good and our waitress could not have been more pleasant and attentive to us. Definitely a place to go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sea FoodChipDined on 6/29/2014Outstanding sea food in an elegant setting. Magnificent crepes...the best I've ever had! Worth the trip.Special Features:
- DianeSSVIPDined on 6/28/2014This being our first time at the restaurant, we did not have very high expectations. We were four extremely seasoned diners and all of us were pleasantly surprised at the quality of food and service. We had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- A great local place.adatenightDined on 6/14/2014Romola's is the kind of local dinning establishment I look for. The food is by far better than any chain restaurant you can go to. The service is more personable and it is really nice to see the head chief come on out to see how the dinners are enjoying the food that is prepped in his kitchen. Please don't change anything.Special Features:
- JerseyEdDined on 6/14/2014We had a great time at our combination Father's Day/ Birthday dinner. The food was excellent. The attention from the wait staff was just right. And, on top of that, our server was very friendly.Special Features:
- Book Your Next Party Here!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/6/2014We just had a Surprise 50th Birthday Party here for 60 people. Phenomenal packages available. Service and food was outstanding. Everyone was extremely happy and many who had never been here before are planning on coming back and most could not believe the food could be that good and that consistent for so many people!Special Features:
- WonderfulbalaurDined on 6/3/2014Our third time at Romola's, this time for our son's birthday. The prix-fix menu is truly incredible - it has items on it that would not normally be included in such a modest price, like lamb chops or shrimp cocktail. My absolute favorite is their ahi-ahi tuna - it's unbelievable! The service is impeccable. When I realized that I forgot to bring a candle for my son's dessert, they were quick to take care of it. Just a great great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.