2257 Coral Way (SW 22nd St)
Miami, FL 33145Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.romeoscafe.com/
- Phone: (305) 859-2228
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Romeo Majano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View
- Private Party Facilities: The Juliette Room can accommodate private parties.
A word from Romeo's Cafe
Romeo's Café is an intimate and elegantly appointed restaurant in which a maximum of 52 guests are treated to a unique and exceptional dining experience from the minute they enter the room. While there is no set menu, chef and host Romeo Majano has prepared Northern Italian influenced dishes tailored to the tastes of his guests since 1998. Each diner is asked about his or her individual food preferences, tastes and dietary restrictions. Based on their answers, (and Romeo's imagination), a series of 6 gourmet dishes (3 at lunch) are then prepared to order and presented by an award-winning professional service staff. Complemented by a wine list that features predominantly Italian and American selections, the 2 ½ hour dinner is one of the most enjoyable and gastronomically satisfying dining experiences to be found anywhere. Consistently rated among South Florida's top restaurants for food and service, Romeo's Café appeals to those who truly enjoy the art of fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Romeo's Cafe - Best Restaurants in Downtown Miami ›
Romeo's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (25)special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Loved it!buzluncherDined on 11/19/2014Excellent food! Excellent service!! This was a business dinner for 3 people. We all three agreed that this was a "dining experience". We loved it!!Special Features:
- Exelente comida,pero el precio es muuuy altoEstherVIPDined on 11/12/2014La comida es una delicia para el paladar,el servicio perfecto,ya que Romeo,se presenta personalmente a cada mesa para preguntar que te gusta o que no,y te atienden de maravilla,pero la cuenta es exhorbitante,,pues pagamos una cuenta de 290.00 dls. por pareja,lo cual si se me hizo fuera de serie,mas aparte la propina. Si lo recomiendo por que en verdad es una delicia,pero si es para tomarse en cuenta el costoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe RomeoSFGFINDined on 11/8/2014The food and service was very good but a little pricey for the location. The restaurant had a corking fee which I recommend bringing your own wine.Special Features:
- RayRaymondDined on 11/8/2014This place is absolutely amazing. It's great if your adventerous with your food. Be spontaneous. Live a little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJeyjeyDined on 10/3/2014Amazing anniversary dinner. The chef would ask your preferences and cook a meal to your like, if you did not like the meal you could simply ask them to take it back and exchange it. Delicious! Everything was spectacular. The music, the service, the privacy. Small and cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!!!!Mvc13Dined on 10/3/2014Great food and service. Definately is somewhere to return. I love it!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceLbstarDined on 9/26/2014Great food. No menu. They ask if you have any allergies or dislikes and the chef then concocts your meal. They told us it would be four courses but then brought five. The chocolate soufflé for dessert was awesome. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- PerfectJorgeaDined on 9/23/2014As always from the time you walk in till the time you leave everything is absolutly perfect. I dont know which plate i enjoyed the most because all of them where delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food & personalize service make you feel unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Small romantic place with a very personalized service. Food was delicious. Every plate was a suprise (no menu).Special Features:
- Outstanding food, service, ambianceSanford6810Dined on 8/30/2014Romeo's Cafe is a wonderful place to go for special occasions, although every dinner you have there becomes a special occasion. There is no menu. The waiter very carefully listens to your palate preferences as well as any food allergies you may have and then begins serving - at just the right pace - a series of dishes of the perfect portion size. And if on the first bite it doesn't suit you, let him know and it will be replaced by something that does. The service is attentive but never intrusive. The low light, soft music, tables-not too-close, environment is perfect for quietly enjoying an intimate dinner and conversation. The chef may come out and personally ask you if you enjoyed his cooking. And I promise you, you will. You will.Special Features:
- Romeo's Cafepdp10550VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious and service was very good. It was a quiet, romantic atmosphere. It was a great experience, but it was quite expensive, so I would save going for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing, Romantic!MrsTysonDined on 8/22/2014I made reservations here for my fiance's 30th birthday, and it was simply amazing! The moment you walk into the doors, you are greeted with a warm, romantic, and inviting atmosphere! Our waiter was amazing, and very attentive to our needs, and the food was the best ever!!!!Special Features:
- Always great, one the best in MiamiJuanVIPDined on 8/22/2014Romeo's always great, you're never gonna go wrong with it, it's always absolutely awesome. One of the best things I appreciate about this gem is that if you were to order the exact same thing that you ordered the last time you visit here, it will taste the same (always great). Consistency is hard to find in any fine dining restaurant. Here you ill. Kudos to Romeo and his staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicePinecrestGuyDined on 8/9/2014Romeo's Cafe is a unique restaurant. There is no menu. The waiter interviews you about your likes and dislikes and the chef then prepares a 6-course meal. The restaurant will take back and substitute anything you don't like, but I can't imagine anyone returning anything. Given the customized selections, it is not surprising that the restaurant is expensive. My wife and I had one glass of wine each, and the check, with tip, came to $265. So for most folks, Romeo's is for a special night. Unless you're wealthy. In that case, you can visit every week.Special Features:
- Successful anniversary!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I was a bit skeptical at first, I was reading a lot of mixed reviews, but was extremely satisfied!!! It is definitely a special occasion sort of place, quite pricey, but the food was spectacular and service was first class. I highly recommend checking it out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, quiet findjon1180Dined on 8/8/2014I'll have to say, i started the meal a little disappointed, as i was served a plate i had seen in the pictures posted by other guests. My thought was if this truly is a custom experience, why are they serving the same dishes!? However, my diappointment quickly changed as i indulged. The food was excellent, and they were accomodating for my wife's gluten allergy. We left truly having enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romeo's CafeNewbieVIPDined on 7/29/2014The place is in a shopping mall off Coral Way. When you walk in, there is beautiful wood panelling everywhere. Albeit, a little dated, but well kept. There are religious status pretty much everywhere, which was a little freaky. The food was good, but I am a foodie, so my standard of good would likely be amazing for someone else. The service was nice, not overly in your face, but attentive enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 115 reviews are from the Romeo's Cafe reviews archive.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Excelente food preparación and mixe of flavors . I would recomend it to hall My gourment freinds.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Food was amazing. Staff was extremely friendly and the chef came out to the table to ensure we were having a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very unique experience.BroncoVIPDined on 7/12/2014I had a wonderful Saturday evening recently at Romeo's Cafe. Dimly lit, high roller atmophere. Excellent service. No menu, you are asked about foods that you do not eat, given some friendly suggestions and then proceed to thoroughly enjoy a six course extravaganza. Plan on about a two hour repast. Corkage is a very modest $20. The meal is fixed price at $90 per person. Dessert is the sixth course, coffee is a bit extra. Meal is served at the correct pace. My only complaint(?) would be too much food! The way the meal ts served does not lend itself to requesting doggie bags, it just would not be proper here. It is a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to expectations!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014This is a great place for a romantic dinner. The food is exquisite and you always feels it is being adjusted to your tastes and desires. Romeo always finds time to come out of the kitchen and speak a few words with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why bother asking?ForgottenFianceeDined on 6/20/2014Asked me for suggestions, I said I was going to propose to my girlfriend so I needed a private table (first time in the restaurant, so I later found out it wasn't possible), yet I didn't even receive a “Congratulations, sir."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Pricey but worth it. Cozy atmosphere. Delicious food. Feels like private dining. Romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciusEstherVIPDined on 6/6/2014Very exquisit food,great qualiti,nice ambience,and is very relevant the particular atencion from the cheff who came table for table to ask each comensal what they like.only the price is very very expensiveSpecial Features:
- Amazing experience!Yanelis83Dined on 6/3/2014Definitely unique and very romantic!! Perfect for a first date or any other special occasion. I went for the first time after hearing about this place for years. Can't wait to go back. It was everything I expected and much moreeeee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden TreatPhilSommelierVIPDined on 5/30/2014I've heard of Romeos for many years but don't live near the Gables,my wife doesn't like to travel south, so never been. When I scheduled a lunch meeting with a client from the Gables, I took the opportunity to try Romeos. It is really small in a less attractive section of Coral Way, but it is worth trying. As you probably know if you've read other reviews there is no menu, and the Chef (or assistant Chef at lunch) will prepare dishes for you based on your likes and dislikes. Lunch ($45 +) consisted of five very good courses suited to our preferances, including Salmon Carpaccio, Braesola, Homemade gorgonzola stuffed pasta, Risotta with chopped filet mignon, fish, veal, all well prepared and attractively plated. Dinner involves more courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Romeo's is a unique find. Intimate and romantic, low lighting and elegant. Food is excellent, with multi-courses, smaller in size but each large enough to be satisfying.Special Features:
- Some dishes were out of this world!BruniVIPDined on 4/26/2014I would say this is a place not to miss, as it is excellent overall. The carpaccio, fish and risotto were extremely good. The ravioli were excellent. The only dishes which should be improved were the duck (too tough and salty) and the filet, too small and overdone. Desserts were good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2014The food is excellent, good attention, the restaurant is nicely decorated romantic for couples, it also has an ideal area for meetings of the Group and friends,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the outside fool youJustJaimeDined on 4/19/2014I had never heard of this place. When we walked in, I was still hesitant. After a six course meal on a set menu, I was in shock what an amazing dinner we had. The service was impeccable. The chef cane out iy great us and ask welcome us. It's pricey but so well worth it!Special Features:
- SorprendenteRupertDined on 4/16/2014Cada uno de los tiempos estuvieron sorprendentemente deliciosos, en especial el seabass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestElisaVIPDined on 4/12/2014Chef/Owner is fabulous. Custom makes dishes to meet dietary requirements, and does so with love. Amazing place. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abundant Charm, Character, WarmthDiscriminatingDined on 4/12/2014Typically quaint as found on any side street in Europe. Romeo upon greeting table said portions small, about quality not quantity. We asked Romeo to start with 4-course. Later we were not sated and asked to graduate us to 6-course. (Last course =dessert). APPETIZER salmon carpaccio sublimely thin punctuated with capers & lemon. 2ND COURSE PASTAS: Purses filled with pear & cheese in cream sauce delightfully on point, AND Spaghettini in light fish broth with small pieces of shellfish, bravo! ENTREE QUALITY DEFINITELY RESPECTABLY GOOD, HOME-STYLE NEIGHBORHOOD COOKING, but NOT outstanding NOR excellent. Portions are petite. This is neighborhood European dining, NOT truly fine. Price per person shockingly high for home-style quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent restaurantAmazingDined on 4/12/2014Totally recomended!! Excelent food and service. The wine was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and a pleasurePenendenVIPDined on 3/25/2014Great food and a pleasure discussing the menu with Romeo. Decor and lighting is a bit oddSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2014Excellent food. Service was great. A top of the line restaurant overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the BestDining4greatexperienceDined on 3/7/2014the restruant is the Best!! outstanding, the wait servers have been long time employees, Romeo (the chief and owner) comes out to each table, not only to greet the diners, but also to find out your likes, and how you would like your food prepared. Super tastes, creative dishes. The gorgonzola ravioli is THE BEST, this time he had a goose salad which was the very best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romeo's is consistently great!JomamaDined on 3/6/2014Romeo's is consistently great! Always time well spent with friends, family or clients. Everyone leaves happy from the unique Romeo experience. Romeo himself is a delight, and makes everyone feel important and very welcome. It is no wonder that Romeo's ha won so many accolades from the food industry and glowing compliments from restaurant guests. Thank you, Romeo and your entire staff, for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For those of you looking forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014For those of you looking for a quaint, romantic, and special place to dine; look no further. The service, ambiance, and food is simply the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.