299 West Main Street
Northboro, MA 01532Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.romaines.biz/
- Phone: 5083938889x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 5:00-8:00pm Monday-Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
ROMAINE'S NO LONGER ACCEPTS "DINE GIFT" CERTIFICATES,OR VISA, MASTER CARD, AMEX, AND ANY OTHER "REBATE" OR CREDIT CARD "GIFT CARDS".
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Romaine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room is available for parties of up to 52 guests
- Private Party Contact: Bonny Dalrymple 5083938889x
A word from Romaine's
Romaine's is an American bistro cuisine featuring wood-grilled and roasted entrees. Executive Chef-Owner Richard Romaine's commitment to fresh and local ingredients is showcased in a Southern influenced menu. A big city feel without the attitude and prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Romaine's - Best Restaurants in Northboro ›
Romaine's reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)special occasion (74)fit for foodies (67)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (34)notable wine list (33)romantic (31)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food - questionable servicefriendsdineoutDined on 9/26/2014Food was fantastic! Really enjoyed the filet, and the "brick chicken" was flavorful. Server was sarcastic and made for an uncomfortable experience. Settings such as restaurants, and other customer facing businesses, service is paramount. The customer is always in the right. Even if there are times when the customer may misunderstand or unintentionally interrupt as server is describing the nightly specials. Servers have a responsibility to smile, being accepting and make the dining experience pleasant. That was not the case in the evening we dined. Bar service may have been a better choice.Special Features:
- A must go to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014Have been there a number of times and always have fantastic food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent ExperienceHarpoon1212Dined on 9/20/2014I was very pleased with the dining experience. The service, the food, and the ambiance makes this restaurant one of the best in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsPenny219Dined on 9/20/2014It was a pleasure to return to Romaine's, a favorite restaurant. We split the greek chopped salad--wonderful! The salmon special was outstanding. Perfectly cooked. The wood-fired Rib-eye was huge and delicious. We know we should try other desserts, but to miss out on the bread pudding would be disappointing, so....bread pudding with decaf is a lovely way to end a delicious meal.Special Features:
- Miss the wood fired ovenrsstraubDined on 9/19/2014We had a terrific meal and service as always, but miss the wood fired grill.Special Features:
- Great food in an unlikely placeHudsontravelersVIPDined on 9/19/2014Romaine's is in a strip mall and very unpretentious when you drive up. They have recently redone the interior, making room for more tables away from the bar. We were meeting friends and wanted to visit. We did not have to shout to visit. We have been to Romaines several times. The food and service are consistently good. Menu changes and nightly specials do not dissapoint. Romaines is worth the trip.Special Features:
- Fun spot for dinner with friendsAdderley3CVIPDined on 9/15/2014The location works with plenty of free parking, attentive staff and a menu with tasty selections for every type of patron. The hostess welcomes you with a smile and the wait staff is equally as friendly. The food is tasty and the staff is willing to share their favorites as suggestions to improve your experience. The wine, beer and drink list isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUT TO DINNER123456789123456789123456Dined on 9/9/2014I HAVE BEEN TO ROMAIN SEVERAL TIMES BUT I LASPINA IT'S FRANCE WAS NOT THAT GREAT BECAUSE WHOEVER MADE THE ENTRÉE WHICH WE HAD A BURGER WAS HEAVY-HANDED ON THE SALT AND BOTH MY DAUGHTER AND I DO NOT LIKE IT THAT MUCH WE LOVE THE SHRIMP APPETIZER IT'S FANTASTIC. ANDRE NOT SO GOOD BUT WE LIKE THE SUGAR SNAP CALL BUT THIS TIME EVEN THE BEST – HEELS IN THE PISTACHIO ICE CREAM WERE NOT CRISPY CRUNCHY I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD CALL IT I LET MY GUARD I HAVE WHAT YOU WANTED SHE LIKES A BLACK RASPBERRY WHATEVER THAT OTHER ICE CREAM . I LIKE CHOCOLATE OR COFFEE OR OREO COOKIE ANYTHING I DON'T LIKE PISTACHIO PARTICULARLY AND I REALLY WOULD CHOOSE THE VANILLA LASTSpecial Features:
- Another great meal!PeterPDined on 9/4/2014For the at least 25th time in a row we had another great meal. From the apps to wine to dinner all was great. I have had groups of 17 down to just my wife and myself. The service and food are always solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014The menu isn't very large - but that's okay. What they make, they make really well. The tenderloin just melted in my mouth. The banana cream pie was heaven.
- Consistently goodrf52Dined on 8/31/2014This is the fifth time eating here and as usual very good.Had crab cake,burger and chicken piccata and all was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingluvfoodDined on 8/29/2014The waitress we had was new but great (very friendly and knowledgable). We've been to Romaine's many times before. The last few times we've been, the food has not been as great as we remembered it being previously. This time we ordered a special appetizer of wild mushrooms. My husband and I both love mushrooms, but these were dry and flavorless, though the polenta served with it was good. My salmon was very good; it was cooked perfectly and the salad and potatoes with it were great. My husband's lamb though was mediocre. It was a nice cut, but it did not have much flavor. The quinoa served with it was terrible (and I love quinoa). I tried a bite and had to spit it out; it was like eating a spoonful of salt.Special Features:
- Favorite PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014My husband & I have always enjoyed Romaine's! The staff is friendly & fun. The food is always good and inventive. It's warm and inviting. We've taken friends and family here many times and some have become regulars too!Special Features:
- DisappointeddswartzDined on 8/22/2014We have been here several times. Mainly for quiet, romantic dinners. This time, there was a large party (20+) for some kind of birthday celebration. Between their loud talking and music, our night was pretty much ruined.
- very disappointingsmithie65Dined on 8/22/2014The quality of the food did not live up to the stellar reviews. It was ok, but not outstanding. The fish dish did nottaste fresh and was not flaky or particularly well seasoned. Other entrees were ok. Portions of things like butter or roasted garlic accompanying the bread were quite simple and not adequate for a table of four, The waitress was pleasant and responsive when asked, but quite busy. she came when the bus boy at our request got her, but did not on her own check with us on how everything was. Vegetables and most entrees were cooked on a hickory smoked grill whose taste lingered and limited choices. It was very loud with a large celebrating table's loud noise level making it hard to talk.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent service perfectly paced. Great food from appetizers to dessert. Best cream believe everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the best!JEEPGIRL48Dined on 8/19/2014We have been going to Romaine's for years now. It's our first choice when we can get out for an early evening of great dining. I have my favorites and they never disappoint. The shrimp appetizer is my husband's favorite. Mine too!Special Features:
- wineandinewineandineDined on 8/16/2014Romaine's is my favorite restaurant. The menu is not huge but there is a good variety with a couple of specials each day. We have been coming here for years and the service and food are ALWAYS outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dining locallyanonDined on 8/8/2014Good food thoughtfully presented at reasonable prices. Crab cakes and calamari very good; also salmon and pork chop entrees. Wine list included some half bottles. Booths comfortable and private; service friendly and not too rushed. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite special spotBoylstonfanDined on 8/8/2014Once again, Romaines delivers a consistently excellent experience. I dream about their fish tacos! Awesome!Special Features:
- Romaines, still good, but not greatBobsVIPDined on 8/6/2014We have been long time fans of Romaine's, as have many of our neighbors. The food never failed to delight and more than made up for the average service. Of late, the menu has faltered. Despite being high season for fresh vegetables and summer fare, the choices remain fixed , with few specials. Some of the favorite dishes have been removed from the menu and replaced with less enticing choices. Where once we had trouble choosing, we now struggle a bit to make a selection. The menu is smaller, which may contribute to our difficulties. We will continue to eat at Romaine's, but we are now considering alternatives much more frequently.Special Features:
- panntreeDined on 8/2/2014This was our first experience at Romaine's. I ordered the salmon over fingerling potatoes, which was outstanding. Four of us shared the crème brulee for dessert, which was great, and the bread pudding was outstanding. We had a cozy corner table in the wine room, which suited us and the other couple with us. We'd definitely eat there again and would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- HungrypeopleDined on 8/1/2014Was not as good as it has been in the past and not very busy for a Friday night- strawberry margarita was listed as a specialty drink and it was horrible. Pork Chop was good and that was about it- disappointing visit this time.
- Lived up to reputationSterlingiteDined on 7/26/2014I had heard many positive reviews of Romaine's and it certainly lived up to expectations. Both the food and the service were very good. I would highly recommend the clam chowder and the bread pudding. The haddock was also excellent. I will definitely return and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeBDined on 7/26/2014Once again, everything was superb! Romaine's is our favorite restaurant in central MA.Special Features:
- great experiencepma23Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent food choices, Wait staff attentive and very friendly. Decor upscale. Lively bar area. They have bar menu that you can also eat in dining room. Our party had meat lovers and vegetarians,both equally pleased with menu and food preparation. Entrees delicious and good portions. Bar menu has smaller portions but was very filling. Heartily recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014Romaine's was our choice for an anniversary dinner. Romaine's made the event a perfect evening out. Thank you.Special Features:
- mediocref00d13Dined on 7/21/2014tried salmon and duck. Two problems: 1) food was plain, no special flavor; 2) pricey for the mediocre food quality. something like: take average quality salmon/duck and put it in the oven. that`s it. did I need to come to a restaurant for that? hmm....
- dlbmmdbdontwannaDined on 7/19/2014Open table reservation failed as restaurant not notified by web siteI would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryDined on 7/13/2014We had a delicious dinner at Romaine's. Everything was perfect from the dinner to the service. Have been there many times and have never been disappointed. Would recommend Romaine's to anyone and everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantsummerDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I have been to Romaines many times. The food, ambiance, and service are always excellent. This time, my only complaint is that we had requested a booth, if available, when we made our reservation. The hostess tried to seat us at a table right next to the door, across from the hostess station. There were booths available, so I asked her if we could have a booth. She gave us one, but was not happy about it. I've never experienced this treatment at this restaurant, and the rest of our experience was lovely, so I'll think of it as a one time thing, for now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has my favorite dishSeniorskibunnyBostonDined on 7/9/2014I always end up ordering the same thing because it is sooooo good, the Shrimp Fettechini. Extra large size shrimp (lots if them) sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, spinach, garlic in a nice buttery sauce. My husband ordered the wood grilled salmon over fingerling etc. I didn't really look at his because I was too busy eating mine. He loved it. I strongly suggest reservations as it can get very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MebuckoDined on 7/9/2014Service was very good, as always the food is really the high point of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2014We were seated quickly, had wonderful service and declicious food. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014All our food was very good. The only disappointment was the banana cream pie which wasnt a pie but a tart shell witb a few banana slices covered with canned whipped creamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- margieDined on 7/2/2014Food and service were amazing!!! This is our second time here and we will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealJenniferBDined on 6/30/2014We love Romaine's and have never had a bad meal. I especially live the baked garlic that they serve with the bread. Love the chicken piccata from the bar menu. Service is excellent. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dachsie60Dined on 6/27/2014We've dined here several times and always enjoy the meals and the warm and inviting ambience. The server was friendly and very attentive to our requests.Special Features:
- ROMAINESPAMSPANTRYDined on 6/24/2014GOOD FOOD NICE SERVICE TOO LOUD I WOULD GO BACK ON A SPECIAL OCCASIONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014We have never been disappointed in ten years of dining experiences at RomainesSpecial Features: