299 West Main Street
Northboro, MA 01532Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.romaines.biz/
- Phone: 5083938889x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 5:00-8:00pm Monday-Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
ROMAINE'S NO LONGER ACCEPTS "DINE GIFT" CERTIFICATES,OR VISA, MASTER CARD, AMEX, AND ANY OTHER "REBATE" OR CREDIT CARD "GIFT CARDS".
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Romaine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room is available for parties of up to 52 guests
- Private Party Contact: Bonny Dalrymple 5083938889x
A word from Romaine's
Romaine's is an American bistro cuisine featuring wood-grilled and roasted entrees. Executive Chef-Owner Richard Romaine's commitment to fresh and local ingredients is showcased in a Southern influenced menu. A big city feel without the attitude and prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Romaine's - Best Restaurants in Northboro ›
Romaine's reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)special occasion (70)fit for foodies (62)romantic (35)good for groups (34)vibrant bar scene (34)notable wine list (29)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent service perfectly paced. Great food from appetizers to dessert. Best cream believe everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the best!JEEPGIRL48Dined on 8/19/2014We have been going to Romaine's for years now. It's our first choice when we can get out for an early evening of great dining. I have my favorites and they never disappoint. The shrimp appetizer is my husband's favorite. Mine too!Special Features:
- wineandinewineandineDined on 8/16/2014Romaine's is my favorite restaurant. The menu is not huge but there is a good variety with a couple of specials each day. We have been coming here for years and the service and food are ALWAYS outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dining locallyanonDined on 8/8/2014Good food thoughtfully presented at reasonable prices. Crab cakes and calamari very good; also salmon and pork chop entrees. Wine list included some half bottles. Booths comfortable and private; service friendly and not too rushed. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite special spotBoylstonfanDined on 8/8/2014Once again, Romaines delivers a consistently excellent experience. I dream about their fish tacos! Awesome!Special Features:
- Romaines, still good, but not greatBobsVIPDined on 8/6/2014We have been long time fans of Romaine's, as have many of our neighbors. The food never failed to delight and more than made up for the average service. Of late, the menu has faltered. Despite being high season for fresh vegetables and summer fare, the choices remain fixed , with few specials. Some of the favorite dishes have been removed from the menu and replaced with less enticing choices. Where once we had trouble choosing, we now struggle a bit to make a selection. The menu is smaller, which may contribute to our difficulties. We will continue to eat at Romaine's, but we are now considering alternatives much more frequently.Special Features:
- panntreeDined on 8/2/2014This was our first experience at Romaine's. I ordered the salmon over fingerling potatoes, which was outstanding. Four of us shared the crème brulee for dessert, which was great, and the bread pudding was outstanding. We had a cozy corner table in the wine room, which suited us and the other couple with us. We'd definitely eat there again and would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- HungrypeopleDined on 8/1/2014Was not as good as it has been in the past and not very busy for a Friday night- strawberry margarita was listed as a specialty drink and it was horrible. Pork Chop was good and that was about it- disappointing visit this time.
- Lived up to reputationSterlingiteDined on 7/26/2014I had heard many positive reviews of Romaine's and it certainly lived up to expectations. Both the food and the service were very good. I would highly recommend the clam chowder and the bread pudding. The haddock was also excellent. I will definitely return and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeBDined on 7/26/2014Once again, everything was superb! Romaine's is our favorite restaurant in central MA.Special Features:
- great experiencepma23Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent food choices, Wait staff attentive and very friendly. Decor upscale. Lively bar area. They have bar menu that you can also eat in dining room. Our party had meat lovers and vegetarians,both equally pleased with menu and food preparation. Entrees delicious and good portions. Bar menu has smaller portions but was very filling. Heartily recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014Romaine's was our choice for an anniversary dinner. Romaine's made the event a perfect evening out. Thank you.Special Features:
- mediocref00d13Dined on 7/21/2014tried salmon and duck. Two problems: 1) food was plain, no special flavor; 2) pricey for the mediocre food quality. something like: take average quality salmon/duck and put it in the oven. that`s it. did I need to come to a restaurant for that? hmm....
- dlbmmdbdontwannaDined on 7/19/2014Open table reservation failed as restaurant not notified by web siteI would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryDined on 7/13/2014We had a delicious dinner at Romaine's. Everything was perfect from the dinner to the service. Have been there many times and have never been disappointed. Would recommend Romaine's to anyone and everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantsummerDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I have been to Romaines many times. The food, ambiance, and service are always excellent. This time, my only complaint is that we had requested a booth, if available, when we made our reservation. The hostess tried to seat us at a table right next to the door, across from the hostess station. There were booths available, so I asked her if we could have a booth. She gave us one, but was not happy about it. I've never experienced this treatment at this restaurant, and the rest of our experience was lovely, so I'll think of it as a one time thing, for now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has my favorite dishSeniorskibunnyBostonDined on 7/9/2014I always end up ordering the same thing because it is sooooo good, the Shrimp Fettechini. Extra large size shrimp (lots if them) sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, spinach, garlic in a nice buttery sauce. My husband ordered the wood grilled salmon over fingerling etc. I didn't really look at his because I was too busy eating mine. He loved it. I strongly suggest reservations as it can get very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MebuckoDined on 7/9/2014Service was very good, as always the food is really the high point of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2014We were seated quickly, had wonderful service and declicious food. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014All our food was very good. The only disappointment was the banana cream pie which wasnt a pie but a tart shell witb a few banana slices covered with canned whipped creamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- margieDined on 7/2/2014Food and service were amazing!!! This is our second time here and we will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealJenniferBDined on 6/30/2014We love Romaine's and have never had a bad meal. I especially live the baked garlic that they serve with the bread. Love the chicken piccata from the bar menu. Service is excellent. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dachsie60Dined on 6/27/2014We've dined here several times and always enjoy the meals and the warm and inviting ambience. The server was friendly and very attentive to our requests.Special Features:
- ROMAINESPAMSPANTRYDined on 6/24/2014GOOD FOOD NICE SERVICE TOO LOUD I WOULD GO BACK ON A SPECIAL OCCASIONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014We have never been disappointed in ten years of dining experiences at RomainesSpecial Features:
- Why dine anywhere else?bmisbriteDined on 6/20/2014There are lots of places to eat in the area, but I find when want to treat ourselves to dinner out we think of many options but 80% of the time, end up at Romaine's. The food, cocktails, service are all phenomenal!! We had Haddock, veal bolognese, tuna tacos and a lobster special... all were phenomenal! The shrimp appetizer is to die for and after tasting the cherry pistachio pastry that my friend had for for dessert he insisted that he had just had the "best meal he has EVER had in his life!!"Special Features:
- 4star.........LiniDined on 6/15/2014Overall I would go back in a minute. Waitress was good but not great, My steak was tasty but a little too well done for me. I suggest the calamari.....excellent!Special Features:
- salmongoodfoodfanDined on 6/14/2014Although our father's day dinner experience was good overall my wood grilled salmon was overdone & the potato/tomato side was not a good match. A diner should not be assured the salmon can be cooked through without drying it out completely if that's not true. My portion was small hence it's ability to be overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Romaine'sCarolDined on 6/14/2014The food and service is always great. This is our go to place for celebrations! Would go more often if it was close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stephaniesaturdaydinnerDined on 6/14/2014VERY limited menu; but what they prepare, they prepare well. Overpriced for portion size. They've recently made some changes that I didn't enjoy - smaller portion sizes but prices same or higher. My usual cocktail had much less alcohol and more mixer. They're definitely skimping. Unfortunate b/c atmosphere is nice.Special Features:
- Great visit!!LynneDined on 6/12/2014We had a great meal on Thursday evening... Super food and great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One complaintHeidiDined on 6/12/2014Would like to see the menu expanded or a least changed once in a while. Bored of menu... Lack of choices. But w Still enjoy this restaurant nice neighborhood sceneSpecial Features:
- Anniversary dinnerDinnerDined on 6/7/2014Went there for my anniversary dinner with my husband. Crab cakes were very good service was good. However my meal was very bland but edible. I got the shrimp fettuccini and was very disappointed. It just had no flavor which was very surprising. My husband ordered a steak and was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014We were in from out of town and visited one our favorites. We were not disappointed. The food and service was outstanding. Great spit for dinner and drinks. Specials are always superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningyeowareDined on 6/6/2014Dined with friends from out of town who had never been there before. Service was friendly and not overbearing. We were able to relax and enjoy each course without being rushed. The food was outstanding (per usual for Romaines). We were pleased that we had chosen Romaines for this evening.Special Features:
- It's my place!JEEPGIRL48Dined on 6/4/2014The staff is wonderful, very inviting when you walk in. The service is perfect, each staff person wants you to be happy. The food is divine! I am never disappointed in my meal. And how can I end my meal without one of their desserts. When we want to go out, we think about other restaurants but we usually drive to Romaine's. It's our favorite!Special Features:
- It's been awhile.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014As usual,Romaine's did not disappoint......easy reservation process and confirmation,prompt arrival at our table,and wonderful ambience.I like the "clipboard' menus as did my adult children.I was very impressed with the wine list and menu selections (we had a tough time deciding).There were some subtle but noticed changes in the restaurant decor since I was last at Romaine's.The only slight negative was that our waitress appeared to be "handling a lot" of tables and there were a couple of service "pauses" but nothing too bad.Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Good. Not great.WorcesterfoodieDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I had never been here, and went for a special evening. To be honest based on what I read in the reviews it was disappointing. That isn't too say the food isn't good, the service isn't good, and the ambience is poor...They aren't. It's just that the restaurant wasn't all it was cracked up to be. It was fairly loud, not really romantic at all (although other reviews would have you believe differently), the lighting harsh, and the food, while good, doesn't justify the cost. The way I described it to my wife, and she agreed, is that it is more Peppercorns than Sonoma, but the way it's been depicted online, it's more Sonoma than Peppercorns. It's not. That would be fine, but for what we expected vs the experience, it's overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at RomainesmargieDined on 5/31/2014Service and food were excellent Will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RallyDined on 5/30/2014Fabulous belated birthday celebration with my sisters. Food, drinks fabulous! Everything seasoned perfectly and oh so hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.