Roma Ristorante - Allentown
925 Airport Center Drive
Allentown, PA 18109Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Roma Ristorante - Allentown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.romapa.com/
- Phone: 6108417662
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11am-10pm Friday-Saturday 11am-10:30pm Sundays 11am-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joe Grisafi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Roma Ristorante offers In and Out of House catering. From office lunch-ins to graduations and formal weddings, we can handle it all.
- Private Party Facilities: We do offer private dining for private functions, events and charities. Times are limited and we do have a 60 people minimum.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Grisafi 6108417662
A word from Roma Ristorante - Allentown
Roma Ristorante is dedicated to providing diners some of the finest, freshest Italian dishes in the Lehigh Valley. Tying in old Rome with new Rome, we have created the perfect place to connect with friends or have that intimate dinner for two. From interesting appetizers and crisp salads to traditional favorites and a full-service bar, Roma has it all. Our menu offers a variety of selections from generous portions of specialty pasta dishes, to chicken and veal entrees as well as steaks, seafood and chops. Our full bar offers a wide selection of premium liquor and beer, creative martinis, and a broad range of Italian wines by the glass or bottle. Stop in for Lunch or Dinner. Our experienced wait staff will help you pick out just the right meal to satisfy your appetite!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Roma Ristorante - Allentown - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Roma Ristorante - Allentown reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (18)great for lunch (16)good for groups (15)romantic (13)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- It's Date Night!WeEatOutDined on 9/12/2014Love the three courses for $20. We've enjoyed everything from steaks to pasta and seafood, and they've all been excellent. Salads are always very fresh, pasta sauces tasty and the main course cooked to order. The wine list is interesting. Our waiter made a suggestion for my second glass and it was really good. Service is always friendly. The ambience is upscale and modern cozy.Special Features:
- All around awesomeness!IheartIronHillBreweryDined on 8/31/2014The food delicious and the service is excellent! We are never disappointed at Roma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great pricesjenneyelitetraveljourneysDined on 8/31/2014I hadn't been to Roma for a few months. I forgot about it as it's not in my neighborhood. I was looking for a place to have a couples dinner and my daughter suggested Roma. "Oh yeah, I love Roma!" I was very pleased with the prices and the food is excellent! The chef stopped by our table for a little chat. I will remember to go back more often.Special Features:
- Wine whineBuddyLoveDined on 8/29/2014The food is great and deserves better wines. The red wine selection is less than average. Riunite Lambrusco? Really? To compete with the other area better restaurants you need a few higher rated wines. Offer them by the glass so people will get to have at least one really great glass of wine with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsBikergal50VIPDined on 8/23/2014As always the food is delicious and the service great! Portions are generous.Special Features:
- Have never been disappointedjcattDined on 8/23/2014So glad we found Roma. I have been there with family four or five times and it has consistently been great! I have been there with my mother who is in a wheel chair and they have always made sure she is comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food not so good servicejdavis120410Dined on 8/16/2014Great menu and great food but poor service. Kids that knew nothing about the wine menu and who were not very attentive. They got the job done but didn't seem to care much. Didn't make me feel welcome. When asked about desert we were given a menu and that was it. No recommendations or anything just dropped it off and walked away. With it being such a lovely restaurant I would at least have a dessert tray and wait staff who care about their customers.
- Great food, Great service!!!LeslieVIPDined on 8/11/2014I was visiting the area, food was excellent!!! Great food and great service!! Highly recommend Roma Ristorante!!! Neighbor hood gem!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Engaging, warm friendly host/staff. Delicious food...molto buono!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long wait- againJoeKVIPDined on 8/1/2014We enjoy going to this restaurant occasionally, and we like the food and atmosphere, but for our last two visits, we experienced a long delay between ordering and receiving our meals. Most recently, we waited over 30 minutes for two meals that should not have taken more than 15-20 minutes. What was even more frustrating was that once we declined ordering a second round of drinks, our server never returned to offer any explanations or to apologize for the delay. We understand that things happen that might prevent kitchens from getting everything out in a timely manner; however, it has been twice in a row for us (and we noticed other tables were not getting their meals much faster.) Occasional check-ins from staff would be helpful.
- Roma Restaurant ReviewhawrltyVIPDined on 7/24/2014We always go for the Italian Wedding soup, their specialty of the house. Great homemade taste. The Caesar salad is good. The cut the romaine lettuce is always fresh & crisp. The Greek olives in the salad are a nice touch. Consistently good service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 7/23/2014very disappointed in our recent visit to Roma. we choose this restaurant to entertain out-of-town guests because of past experience with very good food and service. both were missing. very thin cut, overdone NY strip steak did not resemble this popular menu selection. lobster mentioned in seafood scampi included only shrimp. server meant well; unfortunately, intentions don't cut it in a restaurant atmosphere. appears that Roma is cutting corners. if so, customers will cut Roma.
- Fantastic!SteveDined on 7/21/2014Brought my new girlfriend here for the first time. She was really impressed and wants to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time, as alwaysGManDined on 7/10/2014Had a great time out to dinner with a friend. Wait staff and management are excellentSpecial Features:
- YUMMMMMMY!MLaRoccaDined on 7/9/2014I absolutely LOVED this place. I can thank 'Tripadvisor' for sending me here. Our waiter, Matthew, was GREAT! My daughters and I all ordered different dishes, and of course martini's, wine and apps. Each item we had was heavenly! We started with the Mozzarella Carrozza which was perfectly cooked and gave us insight as to how fabulous their marinara sauce is. One daughter ordered the NY strip, full of flavors and very tender. My other daughter ordered the house salad (she wasn't feeling 100 percent) and the ingredients were as if they came out of Grandmas garden. I ordered the Veal Fantasy, and it WAS a fantasy of bliss for my taste buds. I'm from the coast, and this seafood tasted very fresh. I will definitely return!!Special Features:
- Good Foodcrich113VIPDined on 7/6/2014We had been on the road all day and wanted something close to the hotel. This restaurant was suggested to us. Food was good. We had the veal marsala and a caparese salad. Portions were generous...we did not leave hungry!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/5/2014Service and food are both outstanding. Huge portions!! Enough to take homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Warm crispy bread before the meal. Don't leave with there being more. Dinner, E X C E L L E N t ! ! ! You will take some home with you.Special Features:
- Great PlaceDeespicksDined on 6/27/2014Awesome food,very nice wait staff and a great place for singles,couples and families. A must try if you haven't already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomaCapriceDined on 6/22/2014Food was very good .Service between courses was slow Waitress seemed to have disappeared for long periods of timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern ItalianDineguruDined on 6/20/2014Roma is a great dining place. The atmosphere is modern with a very cool looking bar area. We ate at the high tables in the bar which we like because of the trendy, modern look. Start with a hearty bowl of Italian wedding soup, a caprese pomodoro appetizer, a bottle of wine, and dinner arugula salads with shrimp and chicken. The food presentation is excellent and the taste is delicious! Nicely done Roma! Great Italian place to take your sweetie at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, weird service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Our particular waitress was a bit rude. She reach over when she didn't need to (we were at a table without anyone on one side and she easily could have walked around) She was overly awkward about refilling our drinks. And the thing that really annoyed me was that as we were getting up from the table she picked up the payment and checked her tip. While we were looking right at her. (Luckily we left her 20% or that might have been really awkward) Working at a restaurant I know that there are always a few servers that don't have their stuff together and by no means should that speak for the whole team. And I know that some people just have weird nights. But looking at your tip in front of a guest is absolutely tacky and poor judgement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014We have ben to this restaurant before. The food and restaurant themselves are very good, nice atmosphere, good prices, very generous portions. However, me and my wife went to get dinner before a movie, and we were there and hour and a half for a salad and entree. We spent most the time waiting for food, and we noticed at least 2 other tables, who had the same waiter, and they didn't look happy either. We had to get our check and a box from another server. The server then told us that she couldn't close out the check herself, and that our waiter (I believe his name was Norman or Melman, or something like that), and he couldn't even bring the check back to apologize, he sent it back with the other server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KudosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2014Was going to go to a local favorite of over 20 years, but they no longer are open on Mondays. So next best italian decision was Roma's because every occasion there since opening has been gratifying for whatever occasion it was... The greeting to seating, the service, the recommendations and the cuisine and wine/bar selection... outstanding. Mother Nature was also extraordinary this particular evening. We stayed longer than anticipated and the owners brought out a heating unit just to make the night last longer in comfort. Kudos. Thank you... We will be back and I will recommend to my corporation of global friends. I'm also a musician. Would love to provide an ambviance to such a night on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 317 reviews are from the Roma Ristorante - Allentown reviews archive.
- FoodisFinefizzleDined on 5/31/2014The food at this restaurant is amazing. Every time I've been there it has been delicious. All the portions are large and very flavorful. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Mixed bagEandHDined on 5/31/2014We were sat immediately upon arriving for an early reservation, then sat and read the menu and watched tables seated after us get drinks and appetizers, with no sign of a server at our table. After 15 minutes, we were getting up to leave when a waitress appeared, and said she was just told about the table. I believe this, because from that point on the service we received from Andrea was very attentive without being annoying. The food was a mixed bag; my wife loved her scallops with asparagus risotto ( a recommendation from Andrea), but my gnocchi with marinara wasn't that good. The gnocchi were leaden and the sauce had a bitter overtone of burnt garlic. We ordered a side of meatballs; they were very good. We'd go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian around!MollysMomDined on 5/27/2014My family and I were looking for a great Italian restaurant to celebrate my dad's birthday. My husband who works in New Jersey has coworkers that travel here because of the amazing food. We decided to give it a try and we could've been happier with the food & service! The quality and portions were amazing! We will definitely be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointshappydinerDined on 5/23/2014Have eaten in this restaurant a lot, and it never disappoints. All of the food is made to order! Best veal or chicken francais in the Lehigh valley!Special Features:
- fantasticluv2dineDined on 5/23/2014The meal exceeded our expectations and the staff was wonderful. The prices were less than you would expect for this type of quality. Wewill be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time but not the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014Was looking for a great restaurant to take my wife to on her birthday and this place consistently came up at work. I was a bit scared because I heard of negative reviews about the food being bland. But this place was exactly what I wanted: quiet, beautiful, great waiters and the food was very tasty! I guess my only gripe is that I wish they had more of a variety for desert or more desert LOL. But overall it was a great experience and I recommend it for a great occasion!Special Features:
- Much better than most "mall" placesNotAFoodieDined on 5/14/2014Great menu range, very good food, terrific service. An affordable, unpretentious place that's a cut above the usual big-box-plaza restaurant.
- Best Italian Food in the Valley!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I took my mother to Roma for Mother's Day this year and we had a great experience! The food was delicious and handmade. The service was exceptional especially considering the size of the crowd. Roma is the best restaurant for italian food in the lehigh valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placegreat2eatDined on 5/11/2014the food is always wonderful. We went for mothers day lunch and she loved it. She had never been there and called me later to say how much she enjoyed it and will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely better than expectedmendockjVIPDined on 4/30/2014Wife and I just happened to be in the Astra and we stopped in expecting a pizza place but the setting and food selection was so much more and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FoodluvrDined on 4/26/2014What a find! Was not expecting the great food, atmosphere and great server in a strip mall eatery!! Pleasantly surprised!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't leave hungryDaveHVIPDined on 4/5/2014We had a fantastic waitress who certainly wasn't shy about her favorite recommendations. All the food here is well prepared and very reasonably priced. My wife had the tortellini and there was enough for 2 servings. I had the Lobster Pescatore which was loaded with seafood. Comes with lobster tail, shrimp, scallops over pasta. Great sauce. Drinks were very good. Others in my party had the shrimp scampi and chicken francaise---which was also enough for 2 servings. Unfortunately those big meals leave little room for dessert. While this is situated in a strip mall, once inside , it takes on a new ambiance. Look for the trojan statue outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Foodlove2trynewfoodDined on 3/30/2014I love the ambience of this place. The shrimp bisque was amazing. The food here is truly outstanding. There is never a dish I have not tried yet that I have not liked. The absolute crab meat is simple amazing. The pasta was perfectly cooked. The eggplant was so fresh as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it since we discoveredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Loved it since we discovered it a couple of years ago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have gone to this restaurantChandraDined on 3/27/2014We have gone to this restaurant few times and we were never disappointed. Always good food and great service. We recommend this restaurant with out hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roma Fantastica!MikeDined on 3/22/2014We reserved a table for 2 couples, and after a very short wait, our table was readied. Our server was very prompt in the initial greeting, especially given how busy the restaurant was. We skipped the appetizers and dove into dinner. I had the chicken Franchase, it was exactly as i expected it to be, very well prepared and tasty. My companion had Pasta Alfredo, and it was better than most restaurants. i tried it, and i was pleasantly surprised. My Brother in law had the Scallops, he finished the plate. His wife had Chicken Marseille, and loved it. A good dining experience in Allentown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.