Roma Ristorante - Allentown
925 Airport Center Drive
Allentown, PA 18109Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Roma Ristorante - Allentown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.romapa.com/
- Phone: 6108417662
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11am-10pm Friday-Saturday 11am-10:30pm Sundays 11am-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joe Grisafi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Roma Ristorante offers In and Out of House catering. From office lunch-ins to graduations and formal weddings, we can handle it all.
- Private Party Facilities: We do offer private dining for private functions, events and charities. Times are limited and we do have a 60 people minimum.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Grisafi 6108417662
A word from Roma Ristorante - Allentown
Roma Ristorante is dedicated to providing diners some of the finest, freshest Italian dishes in the Lehigh Valley. Tying in old Rome with new Rome, we have created the perfect place to connect with friends or have that intimate dinner for two. From interesting appetizers and crisp salads to traditional favorites and a full-service bar, Roma has it all. Our menu offers a variety of selections from generous portions of specialty pasta dishes, to chicken and veal entrees as well as steaks, seafood and chops. Our full bar offers a wide selection of premium liquor and beer, creative martinis, and a broad range of Italian wines by the glass or bottle. Stop in for Lunch or Dinner. Our experienced wait staff will help you pick out just the right meal to satisfy your appetite!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Roma Ristorante - Allentown - Best Restaurants in Allentown ›
Roma Ristorante - Allentown reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (20)romantic (17)great for lunch (16)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)Show More
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Brought my new girlfriend here for the first time. She was really impressed and wants to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time, as alwaysGManDined on 7/10/2014Had a great time out to dinner with a friend. Wait staff and management are excellentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/5/2014Service and food are both outstanding. Huge portions!! Enough to take homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Warm crispy bread before the meal. Don't leave with there being more. Dinner, E X C E L L E N t ! ! ! You will take some home with you.Special Features:
- Great PlaceDeespicksDined on 6/27/2014Awesome food,very nice wait staff and a great place for singles,couples and families. A must try if you haven't already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomaCapriceDined on 6/22/2014Food was very good .Service between courses was slow Waitress seemed to have disappeared for long periods of timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern ItalianDineguruDined on 6/20/2014Roma is a great dining place. The atmosphere is modern with a very cool looking bar area. We ate at the high tables in the bar which we like because of the trendy, modern look. Start with a hearty bowl of Italian wedding soup, a caprese pomodoro appetizer, a bottle of wine, and dinner arugula salads with shrimp and chicken. The food presentation is excellent and the taste is delicious! Nicely done Roma! Great Italian place to take your sweetie at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, weird service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Our particular waitress was a bit rude. She reach over when she didn't need to (we were at a table without anyone on one side and she easily could have walked around) She was overly awkward about refilling our drinks. And the thing that really annoyed me was that as we were getting up from the table she picked up the payment and checked her tip. While we were looking right at her. (Luckily we left her 20% or that might have been really awkward) Working at a restaurant I know that there are always a few servers that don't have their stuff together and by no means should that speak for the whole team. And I know that some people just have weird nights. But looking at your tip in front of a guest is absolutely tacky and poor judgement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014We have ben to this restaurant before. The food and restaurant themselves are very good, nice atmosphere, good prices, very generous portions. However, me and my wife went to get dinner before a movie, and we were there and hour and a half for a salad and entree. We spent most the time waiting for food, and we noticed at least 2 other tables, who had the same waiter, and they didn't look happy either. We had to get our check and a box from another server. The server then told us that she couldn't close out the check herself, and that our waiter (I believe his name was Norman or Melman, or something like that), and he couldn't even bring the check back to apologize, he sent it back with the other server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KudosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2014Was going to go to a local favorite of over 20 years, but they no longer are open on Mondays. So next best italian decision was Roma's because every occasion there since opening has been gratifying for whatever occasion it was... The greeting to seating, the service, the recommendations and the cuisine and wine/bar selection... outstanding. Mother Nature was also extraordinary this particular evening. We stayed longer than anticipated and the owners brought out a heating unit just to make the night last longer in comfort. Kudos. Thank you... We will be back and I will recommend to my corporation of global friends. I'm also a musician. Would love to provide an ambviance to such a night on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodisFinefizzleDined on 5/31/2014The food at this restaurant is amazing. Every time I've been there it has been delicious. All the portions are large and very flavorful. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Mixed bagEandHDined on 5/31/2014We were sat immediately upon arriving for an early reservation, then sat and read the menu and watched tables seated after us get drinks and appetizers, with no sign of a server at our table. After 15 minutes, we were getting up to leave when a waitress appeared, and said she was just told about the table. I believe this, because from that point on the service we received from Andrea was very attentive without being annoying. The food was a mixed bag; my wife loved her scallops with asparagus risotto ( a recommendation from Andrea), but my gnocchi with marinara wasn't that good. The gnocchi were leaden and the sauce had a bitter overtone of burnt garlic. We ordered a side of meatballs; they were very good. We'd go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian around!MollysMomDined on 5/27/2014My family and I were looking for a great Italian restaurant to celebrate my dad's birthday. My husband who works in New Jersey has coworkers that travel here because of the amazing food. We decided to give it a try and we could've been happier with the food & service! The quality and portions were amazing! We will definitely be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointshappydinerDined on 5/23/2014Have eaten in this restaurant a lot, and it never disappoints. All of the food is made to order! Best veal or chicken francais in the Lehigh valley!Special Features:
- fantasticluv2dineDined on 5/23/2014The meal exceeded our expectations and the staff was wonderful. The prices were less than you would expect for this type of quality. Wewill be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time but not the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014Was looking for a great restaurant to take my wife to on her birthday and this place consistently came up at work. I was a bit scared because I heard of negative reviews about the food being bland. But this place was exactly what I wanted: quiet, beautiful, great waiters and the food was very tasty! I guess my only gripe is that I wish they had more of a variety for desert or more desert LOL. But overall it was a great experience and I recommend it for a great occasion!Special Features:
- Much better than most "mall" placesNotAFoodieDined on 5/14/2014Great menu range, very good food, terrific service. An affordable, unpretentious place that's a cut above the usual big-box-plaza restaurant.
- Best Italian Food in the Valley!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I took my mother to Roma for Mother's Day this year and we had a great experience! The food was delicious and handmade. The service was exceptional especially considering the size of the crowd. Roma is the best restaurant for italian food in the lehigh valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placegreat2eatDined on 5/11/2014the food is always wonderful. We went for mothers day lunch and she loved it. She had never been there and called me later to say how much she enjoyed it and will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely better than expectedmendockjVIPDined on 4/30/2014Wife and I just happened to be in the Astra and we stopped in expecting a pizza place but the setting and food selection was so much more and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FoodluvrDined on 4/26/2014What a find! Was not expecting the great food, atmosphere and great server in a strip mall eatery!! Pleasantly surprised!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't leave hungryDaveHVIPDined on 4/5/2014We had a fantastic waitress who certainly wasn't shy about her favorite recommendations. All the food here is well prepared and very reasonably priced. My wife had the tortellini and there was enough for 2 servings. I had the Lobster Pescatore which was loaded with seafood. Comes with lobster tail, shrimp, scallops over pasta. Great sauce. Drinks were very good. Others in my party had the shrimp scampi and chicken francaise---which was also enough for 2 servings. Unfortunately those big meals leave little room for dessert. While this is situated in a strip mall, once inside , it takes on a new ambiance. Look for the trojan statue outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Foodlove2trynewfoodDined on 3/30/2014I love the ambience of this place. The shrimp bisque was amazing. The food here is truly outstanding. There is never a dish I have not tried yet that I have not liked. The absolute crab meat is simple amazing. The pasta was perfectly cooked. The eggplant was so fresh as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it since we discoveredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Loved it since we discovered it a couple of years ago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 303 reviews are from the Roma Ristorante - Allentown reviews archive.
- We have gone to this restaurantChandraDined on 3/27/2014We have gone to this restaurant few times and we were never disappointed. Always good food and great service. We recommend this restaurant with out hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roma Fantastica!MikeDined on 3/22/2014We reserved a table for 2 couples, and after a very short wait, our table was readied. Our server was very prompt in the initial greeting, especially given how busy the restaurant was. We skipped the appetizers and dove into dinner. I had the chicken Franchase, it was exactly as i expected it to be, very well prepared and tasty. My companion had Pasta Alfredo, and it was better than most restaurants. i tried it, and i was pleasantly surprised. My Brother in law had the Scallops, he finished the plate. His wife had Chicken Marseille, and loved it. A good dining experience in Allentown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Roma food!ToryVIPDined on 3/21/2014Awesome,awesome food! The overall dining experience is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUSCCRIDERDined on 3/15/2014Food is always great when we go there and there is always enough left to bring home for another meal. Being able to make reservations is always a perk.Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014This was my second visit to Roma. I absolutley love the food - I don't know of a better Italian place around! I had reservations for 7:30pm - we didn't get seated until a little after 8pm. Host staff was very accomodating and polite thought. Once we sat, we were greeted by a very unfriendly waitress who had an air of attitude the entire time she was serving us. She actually rolled her eyes at one of the people in my party. Other than her service, the meal was fantastic. I had the lobster ravoli - I definitely reccommend! In fact, I had a little taste of everyone's dish at the table and have absolutely no complaints. I will be returning to Roma in the near future - I just hope the wait staff is a little nicer and more pleasant next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressedlive2travelDined on 2/27/2014Tried their trio menu, very low quality, Had the Chicken Parm, wife had the Eggplant Parm both were straight from the freezer to the fryer to the table. It was eatable but kinda something you would expect from a mid priced buffet in Vegas. Guess I expected more from a restaurant that claimed to be "the best in the area" with a competent chef. Again it was just OK, they did have a very nice choice of pizzas and salads, however we did not partake. Maybe will try their pizza for takeout.Special Features:
- Great Experiencenate3reidDined on 2/23/2014I have been to some great restaurants but this one was the best I've been to in years. The food and service was great. Took my wife for her birthday and she was very happy about it. She loved it. Will be going back more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was nice, traditionaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The restaurant was nice, traditional italian. The bread they give you is great and the salad my date and I had was good as well. Our entrees were good, great large portions but I thought could have been more seasoned. It was a busy night but just a bit disappointing considering how the meal started. Staff was great and did not keep you waiting.Special Features:
- favorite restaurantseedubDined on 2/14/2014This has been my 5th or 6th time to Roma's and love this place. I travel the Northeast and eat at a lot of restaurants, and to me it is always the little things that make a great restaurant. My food came out hot, service was fantastic, and they had my table ready for our reservation time. I had the Chilean Sea Bass, my wife had egg plant and veal parm, and both were outstanding. Even had my Seven Deadly Zins red zinfandel wine which is my favorite. And they offered the full menu for valentines day.... Also have a full bar and make killer martini's. Guess my only complaint was they didnt have blue cheese olives for the martini but hard to find any negatives for this place. Highly, highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- mixed experienceNDFiDined on 2/8/2014Things stated off well. The appetizer, salad, and bread were excellent. Not so with the entrees. The stuffed shelled Florentine was rather bland. We also had a lobster tail/scallops dish which my grown daughter was not very happy with. The scallops were very over cooked to the point they were rubbery. The lobster was not much better. We were in a hurry so we did not send the dinners back. Would not recommend this place for entrees.
- Roma's never disappointsRomaLvrDined on 2/7/2014Had an excellent dinner for my wife's birthday. We had Absolute Crabmeat, chicken francese, and the seafood scampi with lobster, crab, scallops, and shrimp. All were great tasting and fresh. Clams casino for an appetizer were huge and tasty. Service was excellent and knowledgeable as usual. Roma's never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all areas: foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014Excellent in all areas: food was delicious and our server, Andrea, was the best server ever!!! Made our dining experience relaxed and enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diverse menu; very tasty wellluv2dineDined on 1/31/2014Diverse menu; very tasty well prepared appetizers and entrees. Hats off to dessert chef. One of the best Crème Brule I've ever tasted. Certainly THE BEST chocolate covered strawberries, dipped with his own made chocolate. Owner and staff are very accommodating and responsive to patrons needs. Definitely noisy but worth the sacrifice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Friendly. Staff.bernieDined on 1/29/2014Great food. Friendly. Staff. Food is timed well we would prefer a little less volume with the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 StargmkdDined on 1/17/201495% of the time everthing is perfect. Knowing we can always have a bad night. I come at least once a week for dinner or lunch. Bring a lot of clients here for lunch. Great location.Special Features:
- The food and the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014The food and the service was excellent. This is now our #1 restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.