19524 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91324Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 8187727662
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Friday: 5:30pm - 2:00am; Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Dancing, Late Night, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Friday Nights we have Salsa Dancing with free dance lessons at 9:30PM.
A word from Roma Bistro
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Roma Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Dated and underwhelmingfinedinerDined on 4/6/2014First and definitely only visit to this dated restaurant with hideous decor. Tucked away in a mini-mall, the tacky signage should have scared us away, but we were hungry. Ditto for the almost empty restaurant at 6:30pm. The owner and staff are very nice, but the ambience is still icky with mauve walls and gloomy decor. The food was forgettable in every way. The caprese salad had tomatoes that must have arrived by truck from Nebraska--pale and hard. Everything that followed was similar, i.e. poor quality ingredients and lacking in flavor. Not sure where the good reviews come from. A below average Olive Garden would whip this place in just about every category.
- Food was Top NotchJohnVIPDined on 3/15/2014The service was slow, but I'll take slow service for AWESOME food any day over great service on mediocre food. The food was memorable and I will definitely go back. Though the service was slow, the waiters were very nice and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely place, seemed toOther1VIPDined on 2/14/2014A lovely place, seemed to be family run. Excellent singer/piano player. They were serving a wonderful prix fixe menu for Valentine's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad organizationcheim87Dined on 2/14/2014Went for valentine's day with my girlfriend. Got my appetizers 45 mins after ordering them. It was a specially reduced menu throughout the night. I mean, there was a generic salad and one ravioli dish as appetizers. I have worked in 3 different italian restaurants and when you set a special menu for the night it is precisely for that NOT to happen. Then, ordered filet mignon, well done, but came out med rare. Sent it back, they made a new one and came out the same way after waiting for another 10 mins. By then we we're unhappy with everything because no one seemed to care when I asked for my starters 3 times before they brought them 45 minutes after i ordered my entrees (I didn't even have to order the appetizers because they were preset).Special Features:
- Can't be under ratedAnAverageJoeDined on 1/25/2014A most enjoyable experience. Excellent host (owner), tentive wait staff, surpurb food, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grumpy owner/hostMelanieDined on 12/21/2013Called for corkage fee prior to coming and were told $7.00 per bottle. Charged $10 each per bottle (2). Explanation: He gave separate checks (requested upon ordering) and a free birthday dessert. Also the owner said that whoever quoted the cost of corkage fee over the phone was incorrect. How were we supposed to know that! Lasagna with meat sauce had very little meat! Entertainment was very good--singer with multiple sound effects. All 8 of agreed that we will not return.Special Features:
- Could be better with better serviceRMA111Dined on 11/22/2013Food was good but service was terrible... Too few waiters to handle a crowd which really wasn't all that big.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodloveitVIPDined on 11/16/2013The food was delicious, but the service was a bit lacking. It took a much too long to get the check and pay the bill.Special Features:
- Not a Roma Bistro FanFoodluvrVIPDined on 10/26/2013Service was very slow and it took a long time to get our dinner on Saturday night. Portions were quite small, and our party of 4 was disappointed in the meal. Food was average. We will not be returning to Roma Bistro as there are many other Italian restaurants that are far superior in quality of food and service.
- Major disappointentUSMCMomDined on 8/31/2013I read the reviews of Roma Bistro and was looking forward to a great dining experience. We were hosting a small "bon voyage" party and didn't expect what we encountered. Perhaps it was an "off" night... We were seated promptly but things deteriorated from that point on. There was but one waiter and 2 assistants (who seemed very disorganized) creating long delays for service, clearing the table, etc. We signaled the wait staff on multiple occasions only to be ignored despite having made eye contact. The food was fair (over salted, tough veal, overcooked pasta) and not noteworthy in any way. We were sadly disappointed and will not return.
- A little bit of ItalyZingirlDined on 7/25/2013We found this through open table, it is a bit tucked away . However, we are happy we persisted. Owner is Sicilian, and keeps an eye on the Quality Control of the food. We are very picky foodies, and have lived in Italy, we know what good food should taste like. The wine list needs improvement, but we can bring our own bottle for small corkage. Plus we talked to owner and he is improving the wine list already. We will go back often to Try more dishes. Also, prices are reasonable. It says there is a live band on weekends, so we will check it out. Our dinner on a Wednesday night was quiet. Service was stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect meal made perfect by OwnerNelsonTVIPDined on 7/18/2013This is our favorite restaurant in the Valley! When you combine the great Italian food, the superior service, and hospitality of Marco (the owner) you have a recipe for a perfect evening! I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves great food and a pleasant dining experience. By the way, live piano music on the weekend.Special Features:
- Roma BistroTJB1131VIPDined on 7/14/2013Great food and good wait staff. Prices reasonable and value is given. Limited beer selection but good wine selection, also can bring own bottles to have with meal. GREAT FINDSpecial Features:
- Great findLadybergVIPDined on 7/10/2013Attentive service, delicious food. We will definetly be going back.Special Features:
- Work in progress.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/17/2013Went for lunch on a Tuesday. Ordered the starter Ceasar salad, which came limp. The complementary garlic bread was hard, and would give Dracula a run for his money. The tomato relish was fresh, and not too bad. The chicken piccatta was overly lemony, and came with a dollop of mashed potatoes, and a stingy portion of vegetables. The only redemming quality was the tiramisu. Absolutely delicious. Go for coffee and dessert.
- Dedicated Owner and StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/4/2013This was our first time eating at this new Bistro. The owner allowed me to bring in my own gluten free pasta, and his chef prepared it for me. I appreciated the accommodation immensely! I could have eaten a bowl of the complimentary tomato appetizer, in fact, I think I did. The sauce was delicious, and the service superb. Our beverages were refilled promptly. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.