6801 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rollingstonela.com/
- Phone: 3234644000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30AM - 3:00PM | Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00PM - 10:30PM, Friday - Saturday: 3:00PM - 11:30PM. | Brunch: Sundays 10AM - 3PM | Happy Hour Mon - Fri: 3PM - 7PM; 9:30PM - 11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Ennis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We welcome private parties and events of up to 500 guests. We strive to accomodate all requests including developing specialized menus. Please contact email@example.com for inquiries.
- Entertainment: Please call the number listed for all inquiries concerning any of the DJs or live performances that are held in our event space regularly.
- Special Events: Please join us for Sunday Brunch! Contact the restaurant for reservations.
A word from Rolling Stone
The Rolling Stone Restaurant and Lounge (RS/LA) embodies a fusion of classic and modern, stylish and casual. The 10,500-sq. ft. space is distinguished by a "vintage chic" design, a facile interplay between 19th-century European bohemia and modern American bravura. RS/LA's dining room exudes lush comfort with its walnut-hued hardwood floors, 1950s-style leather chairs and tufted red-leather banquettes. Its playful blend of styles is ample: from the main bar to the wall design, integrating elegant sconces with candid rock photos. Two separate sections provide semi-private dining for large parties. The American heritage of Rolling Stone magazine, and its global reach, is celebrated with an upscale menu offering a "melting pot" of cultures, with an emphasis on mixed small plates, American preparations, and flavors infused from Asia and Europe. There is a dedicated lounge and an area for bottle service and a DJ booth, channeling tunes befitting the Rolling Stone brand.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rolling Stone reviews from OpenTable diners
- A HIT and A MISSOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/6/2013The venue and it's ambiance is fair, at best. Nothing very memorable about the space, decor, furnishings, etc. Simply put, the overall experience does not live up to the AMAZING FOOD. Best ribeye steak i've ever had. SUPERB!!! So, if you are wanting an overall "fine dining" experience, choose another restaurant. IF however, you are a foodie, and that's your main objective, then you won't go wrong by choosing RS/LA.
- We were a little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013We were a little disappointed with overall sevice. disorganized it seems, right from hostess. The food was good, but who runs out of cabernet???
- We went for quick and casualJoelVIPDined on 1/13/2013We went for quick and casual dinner before seeing Cirque du Soleil in the Dolby Theater. Salads were better than average and the burger was surprisingly good. Not a place I would go out of my way to go to, but it was fine for our needs and the prices were reasonable and the service was friendly and good as well.
- Coctails were fabulous, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Coctails were fabulous, food was outstanding, staff was friendly and efficient. Very nice evening!Special Features:
- The food and ambiance wasFoodie14Dined on 12/6/2012The food and ambiance was great...the server had attitude,that she tried to cover sometimes.She also brough a wrong side dish for the steak and she was no where in sight all the time.The staff who refilled water etc.was very nice and attentive thoughSpecial Features:
- Great place to eat beforeMindyLZDined on 12/4/2012Great place to eat before going to the Dolby Theatre. Very easy, good food, nice service.Special Features:
- A fantastic restaurant withLordginVIPDined on 11/24/2012A fantastic restaurant with some of the best food in the city. The Calamari was delicious though small, the short ribs were the most tender and flavorful anywhere and the oxtail just melts off the bone. For dessert the pudding was amazing! Great interior with a beautiful outdoor dining area. This restaurant has a lot of character with the food to back it up.Special Features:
- Safe, easy spot by the Kodak/DolbyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012Safe, easy spot by the Kodak/Dolby theater. Good appetizers, safe main courses.Special Features:
- Food was good. We had a showOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2012Food was good. We had a show to catch and we notified the server ahead of time and he was still very slow. We had reservations two hours before curtain call and we barely made it!
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2012This was our first visit to the Rolling Stone. All four of us in our party were very pleased with the dining experience. The food was very good. We enjoyed our dining experience very much, and we would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- This Rolling Stone is rollingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012This Rolling Stone is rolling down hill fast. Not a great experience.
- Not that great:((OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Servings were too small for the prices. Steak was on the tough side. I guess I was expecting more of a YardHouse type of serving size. I guess I'll go to YardHouse next time.Special Features:
- Rolling Stone had a good varietyAnnaVIPDined on 10/23/2012Rolling Stone had a good variety of lunch items and everyone in my group of 7 enjoyed their order. I liked the fact that the background music was loud enough to hear and enjoy, yet low enough to enjoy the conversation at the table. The serving staff was very attentive, but I don't know if that was because we were only 1 of 2 tables at the restaurant or it they are usually very attentive. We would have stayed for dessert, however, their dessert menu did not look very appetizing so we went elsewhere for dessert.Special Features:
- Food was surprisingly interesting,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/6/2012Food was surprisingly interesting, enough variety for all, my 13 year old loved his steak. Portions were good. Shared additional sides. Appetizers good as well.Special Features:
- Stange place. Food was OK,ReviewmanVIPDined on 9/29/2012Stange place. Food was OK, but there is nothing special about the place. You barely know the name realtes to the magazine!
- 173 [5-/5] AcornSquash*,SmokedTroutcocoVIPDined on 9/26/2012173 [5-/5] AcornSquash*,SmokedTrout,DungenessMushrooms*,EnokiMushroomFlatbread,RosemaryShrimp*,SpaghettiSquashMeatball*,BrusselSprouts*,BabyFieldGreens*,PannaCotta*(,Perrier,CarpeDiemPinotNoir,SterlingMerlot,PrumEssenceRiesling)Special Features:
- Menu was very slim. OkayMikeHVIPDined on 9/21/2012Menu was very slim. Okay if you are looking for a quick bite.Special Features:
- We went to Rolling Stone beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/15/2012We went to Rolling Stone before seeing Iris, and were truly impressed. The noise level was completely manageable, our server was very sweet and attentive, the salads were absolutely outstanding, and the menu was varied enough to make everyone happy. We had a party of 4, including wine drinkers and cocktail lovers, carnivores and near-vegans, and we all enjoyed it. Perfect spot for before the show, and a great perch to people watch from! We'll definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Went here for the BreakfastCheynagalVIPDined on 6/24/2012Went here for the Breakfast with the Beatles live broadcast. Nice, fun place to go to. Lots of Rolling Stones memorabilia to see. The employees are friendly. My food was cold, but I didn't complain. Next time I will just specify that I really like my food to be hot. (I was really hungry & I didn't want to send it back.)Special Features:
- Great restaurant, food FRESHBillDined on 5/27/2012Great restaurant, food FRESH and outstandingly prepared. Everyone very attentive and friendly. Will be back soon, hopefully, even tho it is a 2 hour drive.Special Features:
- I thought the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012I thought the service was good and especially the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our reservations were at 9pm and we got seated right away. After the dinner we went down to the lounge area and it was not what I envisioned. The atmosphere of the lounge area was nice but I thought the music could of been better. But overall experience was great just not what I had envisioned.Special Features:
- Great place to eat before a showJenniBDined on 5/26/2012My husband and I really enjoyed our lunch here before seeing Iris. The menu was unique ( and actually had vegetarian options that weren't smothered in cheese). The drinks were amazing and the service exceptional. If you are at Hollywood and Highland I would recommend eating here and having some great food an drink!Special Features:
- Touristy place but great forcallmemochelleVIPDined on 5/20/2012Touristy place but great for getting lunch before Cirque Du Soleil's Iris. They give you a discount if you show your ticket, and you get points on Open Table. How cool is that? My date and I shared the 20 oz steak and fries. It was just the right size for a light lunch, and we made it to the Kodak Theatre with time to spare. With parking validation, you still pay $9 after Iris.Special Features:
- My husband and I took ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012My husband and I took our parents there before seeing iris at the Kodak Theater. Our waitress seemed distracted. My husband and I both waited for 15 minutes w empty beers before she even came by to see how we were doing. The busboy was pretty good though we all would have had more to drink if she was more attentive. I'm not sure if it was her fault they may have been understaffed She was very nice. But we would have spent a lot more money if she would have been more attentive.Special Features:
- Dissappointed! Just a tourist placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012The Rolling Stone is just your usual tourist attraction restaurant. The food and drinks were over priced and only mediocre. The service was only okay. It seemed like there were a lot of people moving around, but no one checked on us for additional drinks or other simple requests such as salt and pepper for our salads. We had to flag someone down to get anything other than what you specifically ordered. We wouldn't go there again or recommend it to anyone.
- Great service!! The wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2012Great service!! The wait staff at Rolling Stone is awesome. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu, the busers quickly cleared empty plates, our food came out in a timely manner, and manager was very helpful and attentive. Overall we had a very pleasant dinning experience and we would definitely recommend dinning at Rolling Stone.Special Features:
- Rolling a decade back, but good...,Alk22Dined on 3/30/2012Kind of stuck in the 90's, though good food and service and lighting was just right.Special Features:
- Lindsey was a specatacularOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/3/2012Lindsey was a specatacular server, and the ribeye and brussels sprouts were fabulous!Special Features:
- This was my first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012This was my first time there at Rolling stone and I really enjoyed the food and service Sy HewittSpecial Features:
- It was good over all, I thinkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012It was good over all, I think they don't really prepare for the valentines day menu, so it took longer than usual to get our main course. Then they had computer problem with our bill. Not prepares at all for this day.Special Features:
- Do not order the ButterbutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2012Do not order the Butterbut squash tortellini on the dine la menu this week. Very small portion and not that tasty. Go for the Salmon or the steak
- Great experience we did aLAfoodieVIPDined on 1/27/2012Great experience we did a small group for the Dine LA restaurant week menu. The menu was great and the food was good. Chorizo flatbreads are delicious and the steak was the right size. The desserts were really good too. The waiter was great and kind and brought out champagne because it was a birthday dinner too :)Special Features:
- Don't understand how you canOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/22/2012Don't understand how you can have a restaurant participating in a promotional event & no one had a clue about it. After waiting 10 min for the dine la menu, they finally take our order, but there was a delay in placing order to kitchen b/c the waitress wanted to make sure it was ok do to the dine la menu. After the manager says "we will honor the promotion", the order finally went it. I dont undertsand how you can honor something thats been advertised for weeks! Food finally came. Overall, food and flavors were good. Service was very slow between courses and place was hardly busy. Didn't have one the dessert options on the dine LA menu & thet didn't offer an alternative. I wont be coming back for decent food and poor service.
- Hard to find - but worth the huntOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/21/2012Restaurant is on the North side of the Hollywood and Highland Center - Second level. Great menu with unique food combinations. Four of us shared everything after much deliberation as to which menu items we would order. Food was so good, we took a break and returned later for desert and coffee. Location is great for people watching. Will definately return - and try more of the menu items.Special Features:
- yum.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2012everything was great...from the popovers to the fried chicken & shrimp, the short ribs, lamb, caesar salad, and the AMAZING funnel cake. i'd go back to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- This was a good restaurant;OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/7/2012This was a good restaurant; my business associate and I were able to get a table on relatively short notice, there was a very small crowd for a Saturday night, and the service was prompt. One strange thing was that I had to ask for salt for my fries, unlike many restaurants where it's already on the table. I ordered the hanger steak ($20) and it was a good steak, but I wasn't fond of the steak sauce. There's nothing outstanding about RS, but it's not bad either - a good alternative if you're unable to get into the Hard Rock Cafe nearby.
- Dissappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2012Food was very over priced and average. Dinner didn't come w/ bread or salad....sides were extra.Special Features:
- I have only been there forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2011I have only been there for lunch. And I always have my business lunches there. I can't really address the features for dinner. Sorry. I LOVE their food and their service.
- A disappointing food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/21/2011I really wanted to like this restaurant. There seemed to be some great items on the menu and we liked our infectiously enthusiastic server. I don't know if we maybe came on an off night, but a number of the dishes we got did not seem properly cooked. The beef short rib which our server recommended was underseasoned and lacking in salt. We could not taste the horseradish in the mashed potatoes that came with the short ribs at all. The maple glazed brussel sprouts were not adequately caramelized and the bacon was not crispy. We could not find a single blackberry in the apple blackberry cobbler which had apples that were undercooked. The overall experience was pleasant, but we left disappointed by the food.Special Features:
- Had a great time dinning hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2011Had a great time dinning here before the Cirque du Soleil show. The food was delicious & with showing the waitress our tickets to the show we even got 15% off of our bill. It's a short walking distance from the Kodak which made it super convenient. All in all, hands down a great start to a perfect evening!Special Features: