ROKA AKOR - Scottsdale
7299 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
ROKA AKOR - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://rokaakor.com/scottsdale/
- Phone: 4803068800x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 4:30-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Japanese
- Executive Chef: G. Sega
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Mirnes Mehic at 480-306-8800 to book your next event.
- Special Events: Roka Akor rolls out another Top Rated Happy Hour for martini lovers and foodies. Come and enjoy half off all Premium Gin and Vodka Martini's as well as a variety of Roka Akor Signature Shochu Infusions and Cocktails. To compliment cocktail hour, Executive Chef German Sega has put together a bar menu covering all of Roka's signature dishes, plus a few additions at a discounted price. Doors open daily at 4:30PM!
A word from ROKA AKOR - Scottsdale
Roka Akor is Scottsdale's premier Steak and Sushi restaurant; featuring Prime Steaks, Seafood, and Wagyu Beef, cut in-house and grilled to perfection over an open flame on a traditional, Japanese Robata Grill. Additionally, Bon Appetit Magazine recognized Roka Akor Scottsdale as one of the "Top 10 Sushi Spots" in the U.S., praising the restaurant for their beautifully prepared sushi and sashimi platters. The adjacent Shochu Lounge features house made, seasonal shochu infusions and signature cocktails in contemporary, relaxed surroundings. The restaurant offers two private rooms and an outdoor patio. Guests can choose from a more intimate setting in the main dining room, patio, or lounge, or opt for a front-row view of the chefs at the robata counter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
ROKA AKOR - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
ROKA AKOR - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)special occasion (80)romantic (43)hot spot (41)vibrant bar scene (39)good for groups (39)notable wine list (36)neighborhood gem (31)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014The service was sub par. I specifically mentioned on open table and called to let the restaurant know that we were celebrating an anniversary. The hostess assured me they would do something special and nothing happened. We also didn't get refills on our water until the end of the meal and the waitress rarely checked in on us. I have been to this restaurant several times and would not return based off of this experience.Special Features:
- Tasting menuMarcospaghettioDined on 8/31/2014Awesome meal! We did the tasting menu for two and it was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NatalieLeSheaDined on 8/30/2014Very impressed with the menu selection. The food was fresh and delicious. The service in the dining room was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Asian food.OliveOliveVIPDined on 8/27/2014Great food. Asian cross over food. My family loves this restaurant.Special Features:
- always perfectPtashVIPDined on 8/27/2014I have yet to have a bad meal at Roka and I have been coming to this restaurant since it opened in 2008.Special Features:
- good bar food valueLorenDined on 8/24/2014celebrating wedding anniversary using preferred dining card. ate in bar to take advantage of happy hour. good oyster plate. disappointed that staff didn't do anything to help us celebrate. usually see a comp dessert, etc. ordered a well martini and was charged 3 04 4 dollars over the menu priceSpecial Features:
- CriticalReviewersVIPDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed our dinner at Roka Akor. Beautiful contemporary setting with efficient waitstaff. The tiger prawn dish with chile paste was outstanding. The rib eye was rated average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placefoodloverDined on 8/16/2014I thought this place was very nice and romantic. I loved the ambiance and the food was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Great fish!FoodDocDined on 8/16/2014Hamachi Kompachi was great, Hamachi over a slice of watermelon with avocado. The signature Butterfish Tataki was really awesome sashimi. Hamachi roll with Serrano peppers was also a standout. Korean lamb chops were pretty good, they serve 3 and one was for sure overcooked. Dessert was fair but you can get cappuccino, wasn't sure if they'd have that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legit legitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Wasn't over impressed with the look and set up when we first walked in. We ordered the dumplings, Filet, Tiger Prawns, Brussel Sprouts and some sushi and no joke it was all AWESOME. Staff was friendly, drinks came fast but all that stands out was how good all the good was. I was especially shocked by how good the filet was and the chile/spice on tiger prawn was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundChristi487VIPDined on 8/11/2014Waitstaff was very knowledgable on the menu, which really helped my party choose our dishes. Each recommendation made was an excellent choice. Butterfish appetizer was delicious, and my new favorite dessert is the white chocolate brownie! Definitely save room for it :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itJacksonDined on 8/10/2014Great place...went twice the food is fantastic..................
- GREAT FOOD - OUTSTANDING SERVICExnycopVIPDined on 8/8/2014Their menu is interesting and offers a wide variety of raw and cooked items. Everything is delicious and a treat for both the eyes and the palate. Their Happy Hour is one of the best in the Valley. One of the largest selections of food and drink offered by any restaurant in Scottsdale. Always lots of parking. Reservations are advisable.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in townCherylDined on 8/2/2014The food is excellent. Every time I go I have a new favorite. Can't find another place like it in the Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your hosts= bad first impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014I have come to know your restaurant as reliable when it comes to amazing food and good service. I will say that another consistent part that you have are the rudest, snootiest, stuck-up hostesses who just stare and people up and down with judgement when they walk in. They are not warm and friendly at all and look at you as if they have no clue what to do with you even with a reservation. I am in sales and first impressions are everything. It's too bad that you have such horrible representation right when people walk in your front door and give people an automatic bad taste. This should be unacceptable to your management team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork belly was the best!dindinDined on 8/1/2014Everything we tried was top notch. The pork belly entrée was to die for! It was smokey, meaty, succulent goodness! One of the better things Ive ever eaten!Special Features:
- Some good Some just okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014We had a number of dishes and sushi. The soft shell crab roll was tasteless and the crispy prawn roll had more asparagas than prawn....both were a little boring. They had a Waygu beef roll that was fabulous and the Cremnini mushrooms were also very good. The toffee cake desert was the highlight of the meal....very nummy. I think the food is a bit over priced and the drinks are definately over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my best dinners everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Took my family and had the best dinner we had in Scottsdale! Wonderful service and great food. I would highly recommend the Salmon nigiri and grilled veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word...OmikaseAdobeAbodeDined on 7/19/2014This was our second occasion to dine at Roka Akor. Both times we tried the "Omikase" which means something like - the chef's whim of the day. Dinne roulette normally makes me anxious but at Roka Akor - it's consistently a hit. Bring your appetite - each of the 14 courses is fireworks in your mouth with exquisite flavors you would never even know how to order left to your own devices. Many dishes are only available with the Omikase - such as the mussels and mushrooms - divine! The sashimi was out of this world, the oysters, lovely... I could go on and on. Watching the chefs work in the open kitchen is fascinating; the presentation sublime; the service was above and beyond. This is an experience that shouldn't be missed.Special Features:
- One of Scottsdale's finestPCSkierVIPDined on 7/14/2014This Japanese/Asian restaurant is one of the finest in Scottsdale. You have to try the black cod!! The food is fantastic and the sake/wine selections are extraordinary.Special Features:
- great sushi and sashimiMidwest2VIPDined on 7/12/2014Excellent food and service. Presentation and explanation of food preparation was great. Very pretty restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Quality Sushi!!!digitalbonDined on 7/12/2014The sushi is very high quality. Every bite was delicious. We had 7 different kinds of sashimi that was served in an amazing bowl made to look like the bottom of the ocean. Miso soup was the best I have ever had anywhere. Our server was attentive and really new the menu. This was our 2nd time back. We will be regulars.Special Features:
- Tasty sushiwannabeDined on 7/10/2014Great sushi. Tons of different kinds/choices. Great steak too for the non-raw folks in our partySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SpicyD1Dined on 7/5/2014The food was just amazing! I had sushi (Really fresh fish) and my boyfriend has the steak. We were very impressed. I would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOOD - GREAT VARIETYxnycopVIPDined on 7/3/2014Every dish is prepared to perfection. Really a treat for the eyes as much as for the palate. Service is always friendly, helpful and very professional. Beautifully laid out restaurant with a very comfortable bar area. Very good Happy Hour menu and prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Dining!sushiloversDined on 6/28/2014The wife and I love this place. We usually only make it to Roka Akor during the holidays. "A holiday treat for us". We recently brought along a couple of new friends and they both loved the food, atmosphere and ambiance. It's always a good place to bring people from out of town. We can't wait to come back again. Service is excellent and also informative. Keep up the good name. Regards, MarkSpecial Features:
- Continuously amazed!Foodie4LifeDined on 6/25/2014This place continues to amaze me. Every time I go there is a new exotic fish I have not heard of. Constant fresh fish everyday. Had a special of wagyu hanger with chimchurri sauce. The most amazing piece of meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticFlavortownUSADined on 6/20/2014Food was phenomenal. The lamb was "out of bounds" - Guy Fieri.... The brussel sprout appetizer was unmatched. I swear you will like it even if you aren't a fan of brussel sprouts. Service was on point. Our waitress was extremely helpful, gave great recommendations, and had everything perfectly timed while being extremely attentive. Many thanks! Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dnan07Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent! Finding both excellent food and superb service was a real treat. As returning guests, we came prepared to navigate the eclectic menu, but our very knowledgeable server was still able to provide us with welcomed advice for our choices. The real treat was the dessert that topped off our meal and exemplifies what Roka Akor's menu is about, exquisite flavors blending together for an exciting and tasty experience. The Japanese flan (the name escapes me) accompanied by fresh strawberries, smoked almonds, a yuzu mouse and sauce - wonderful! We'll be back for that and when it's cooler, for our favorite Japanese Wild Mushroom Hot Pot of rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!pppkkkkVIPDined on 6/9/2014We took a sushi foodie from out of town to this restaurant, and all of us were very impressed with the presentation and the quality of food. We don't understand why quail egg or salmon roe are not offered, however.Special Features:
- Brought A FriendAletheaVIPDined on 6/7/2014I have been to your restaurant establishment before and brought a friend this time around to experience Roka Akor, for the very first time. We loved the Brussel Sprouts, Cremini Mushrooms, Sweet Potatoes, Black Cod, and my favorite cocktail.....the Blood Orange Margarita. Had great service at the bar as well. Keep up the quality service and the great good. A little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & service....butKeithDined on 6/7/2014Excellent food. Outstanding service (Casey) Because I was on my own I sat at the kitchen bar. Great seat if you're a foodie. Had Omikase. Food was really good and creative. Really really bothered by most of the cooks handling the food with bare hands without washing. In an open kitchen that's not good. Would definitely return, if for nothing but the service, hoping by then the cooks had found where the sink was. Would never go back if that element of Roka is not improved. Kinda gross to watchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CRE2Dined on 6/7/2014Superb service, amazingly delicious meal beautifully presented. Highly recommend a dining experience from the minute you come through the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best chef tasting in town.Foodie4LifeDined on 5/30/20142nd time in this week. Did the chef tasting with my whole group. About 9 courses of perfection. Finished off with Japanese Wagyu. The best I have had outside of Japan. The service was outstanding and the hospitality sublime. Can't wait for the All night happy hour starting on Sunday. That will make me a weekly regular for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!djchrisallenDined on 5/29/2014Always fantastic food, service, ambience. Best sushi in Arizona.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014The flavours of the food were outstanding. I will not be able to eat inexpensive all you can eat sushi after this. The room is beautiful and the kitchen is open. The wait staff were excellent. I would recommend this place highly although it is expensive.Special Features:
- Perfect!Foodie4LifeDined on 5/27/2014The sushi is top notch. The freshest I have had in town. The prime ribeye was heavenly. The service was professional and knowledgable. The General Manager, Rick, stopped by and made use feel really welcomed. Insisted we try some Honey Shochu. Wow! That was awesome. Think I have a new favorite cocktail. Can't wait to get back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGGarciaDined on 5/25/2014Congratulations on the spectacular food, great service and nice decor.Special Features:
- Can't wait to come backChristinetalaveraDined on 5/24/2014This past time I visited roka akor was for my boyfriends birthday and it was a beyond amazing experience! We ate in one of the private dining rooms and had the most amazing waitress (I forgot her name she was tall brunette absolutely gorgeous) the food was amazing per usual I love the butterfish appetizer and the black cod is done amazing here! Wish there was one in Orange County I'd be a huge supporterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...NomorokafomeDined on 5/24/2014The food has always been good at this restaurant but the ambience for fine dining is terrible. The Pike Place Market-like shouting that servers use to communicate with the open kitchen is a terrible affectation. It's quieter at a hot dog stand in Penn Station. The servers and wait staff rush about so much that relaxed dining is impossible. Edamame which is complimentary at many sushi restaurants is a la carte here and was not revealed as such by the waiter. The food is superior yes but for the prices they charge I expect to be able to talk to my fellow diners without shouting. Too much "Scottsdale chic" for me' I'll take my sushi elsewhere, thank you.