ROKA AKOR - Scottsdale
7299 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
ROKA AKOR - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://rokaakor.com/scottsdale/
- Phone: 4803068800x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 4:30-7:00pm
Happy Hour: Sunday- Monday 4:30pm- 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Japanese
- Executive Chef: G. Sega
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Mirnes Mehic at 480-306-8800 to book your next event.
- Entertainment: DJ Sean Derek Spinning
Lounge House, Afro Beats, Disco & Funk House
- Special Events: Roka Akor rolls out another Top Rated Happy Hour for martini lovers and foodies. Come and enjoy half off all Premium Gin and Vodka Martini's as well as a variety of Roka Akor Signature Shochu Infusions and Cocktails. To compliment cocktail hour, Executive Chef German Sega has put together a bar menu covering all of Roka's signature dishes, plus a few additions at a discounted price. Doors open daily at 4:30PM!
A word from ROKA AKOR - Scottsdale
Roka Akor is Scottsdale's premier Steak and Sushi restaurant; featuring Prime Steaks, Seafood, and Wagyu Beef, cut in-house and grilled to perfection over an open flame on a traditional, Japanese Robata Grill. Additionally, Bon Appetit Magazine recognized Roka Akor Scottsdale as one of the "Top 10 Sushi Spots" in the U.S., praising the restaurant for their beautifully prepared sushi and sashimi platters. The adjacent Shochu Lounge features house made, seasonal shochu infusions and signature cocktails in contemporary, relaxed surroundings. The restaurant offers two private rooms and an outdoor patio. Guests can choose from a more intimate setting in the main dining room, patio, or lounge, or opt for a front-row view of the chefs at the robata counter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ROKA AKOR - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)special occasion (81)good for groups (41)hot spot (41)vibrant bar scene (39)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (33)notable wine list (29)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Food, Rude WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was amazing! The sushi was expertly done and the few other dishes we tried were both beautiful and delicious- cooked PERFECTLY. However, while the man who greeted us and sat us was very nice, our waiter was incredibly rude to us. He treated us as if we weren't good enough to be eating there. We spent $100 on food and tipped him well anyway- because we have class, but it really made me consider whether I wanted to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a special occasion kind of placefoodDined on 10/17/2014Lets get the negatives out of the way, The food was a bit pricey, the ribeye that I had was plain for being $42 but a good portion. The sides and the sushi were Great. Also a lil pricey but the lamb was delicious. Great atmosphere, just a lil loud for conversation. I like how to can watch everything being grilled right in front of you. Great service, Im hoping they would add prime rib to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievableFoodSnobDined on 10/11/2014I highly recommend Roka Akor. It just might be the very best dining experience in my life & I'm a food snob! Blackened Cod, Lamb Cutlets & the Duck were off the charts--Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Disappointing glowing awardsTXwineNdineDined on 10/10/2014I was really excited to try this place after seeing all of its accolades, but was disappointed after eating here. The sushi was no better than grocery store quality. Service was slow and our waitress seemed bored. The DJ played loudly to a half filled room desperately trying to pump up the ambience. Overall really disappointing. There are so many amazing restaurants in Scottsdale and I was sad to have wasted one of my dinner nights here.
- omakase dinnerfoodieDined on 10/10/2014We did the upgraded omakase dinner. I expected 8 to 10 plates with a bite or two per plate. We had about 12 courses each of which was a good portion and everything from sashimi to kobe beef. The presentation of each was beautiful and unique. We lived every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong at Roka Akor!BobsBasicsVIPDined on 10/7/2014Every meal at Roka Akor is a true delight. Quality and presentation can't be beat and the flavors are fantastic. Nice sake and wine menu. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great foodfransapVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food at Roka Akor is always fresh and good. The service always very attentive. We did the Omakasi (sp?), the "leave it to the chef" meal, a prix fix meal. We loved it. The menu is not just sushi, so it's hard to navigate sometimes. With their tasting menus you get a taste of some of the chef's favorites and the freshest catches they have. We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- ExcellentJanieVIPDined on 10/3/2014Would rate this place fine dining. They have a great bartender would knows how to mix a drink. The food and service just excellent. It is pricey but in this case you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014Roka Akor once again remains one of my all time favorite restaurants with absolutely fabulous food (best in the business) and one again great service from Ryan. However this time around they lose a star because the general manager was a disappointment to the say the least. I was hosting a large costly business dinner and wasn't feeling any "love" from the manager. No introductions, no follow-up, and no feeling of appreciation from him. He cared more moving another party to our table than us as customers. Bottom line he was the other end of the spectrum from Charles a previous general manager. If Ryan and the food weren't so awesome the rating would be much lower I and I would question going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special treatSusanDined on 9/29/2014My brother said it was probably the best meal he's ever had! Our fourth time here, it's always unique, beautifully presented, and amazing flavors! Love watching how the chefs delicately prepare items. Especially loved the cod dish-light crust, moist inside, delicate sauce which perfectly complimented the fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLuv2EatDined on 9/26/2014We had a wonderful dinner with friends. Whenever we dine here we try a new dish - found a keeper with the rock shrimp appetizer - the sauce was a great blend of heat and creaminess.Special Features:
- Best Meal of My LifeAllanDined on 9/26/2014We have eaten at thousands of restaurants, but perhaps with one exception, this was the best meal of my life. My wife and I both ordered the Omakase dinner, which was about a 17 course dinner of selections chosen by the chef. We sipped Sake and green tea, talked, and enjoyed three hours of being served some of the most delicious delicacies. The selections were light, so even though we savored so many servings, we didn't leave feeling stuffed. This is a perfect place for a very special dinner. Relax and enjoy!Special Features:
- Dashed ExpectationsAZFoodsterDined on 9/26/2014We tried RA during AZ Restaurant week and took advantage of the fixed menu options. Minute portions of mediocre food at best was the result. Our son raved about the Chicago RA sister restaurant and we expected the same quality fare here. Additionally, our waitperson was uncaring and our reservation was incorrect and calls were made from your restaurant two times with this incorrect information. The AZ Restaurant Weeks allow a restaurant to shine if the food offerings are good, with the opportunity to encourage patrons to come back for the regular menu. Your restaurant's heart was clearly not in this special offer. We came home hungry and disappointed.Special Features:
- No Tactdmp83Dined on 9/25/2014Highly unprofessional service. Took over 20 minutes to be serviced when the place was empty. Waiter was rude, never offered a second drink, appetizer, and did not even explain the restaurant week menu. Handed my date and I the bill with our dessert?? Came back to the table three minutes later and opened the bill while we were eating to see if I stuck my credit card in (basically rushing us to leave!!!). No tact, in such a competitive restaurant market in Scottsdale this place will not last long.
- CREATIVE MENU - GREAT FOODxnycopVIPDined on 9/25/2014Very friendly reception, great service and servers. Excellent menu, very creative and pleasing to both your eyes and your taste buds. Their wine list is very good and also offers some interesting sake and shochu choices. Always an excellent experience. Happy Hour is a real bargain.Special Features:
- good food ok servicenatalieDined on 9/20/2014Came for restaurant week and ordered the hamachi serrano roll (delicious), prime rib dumplings (yum!), saigon chicken (very good) and steak with chimichurri (the steak itself wasn't very flavorful but it was perfectly cooked and came with a dipping sauce). The highlight was our toffee brownie cake with peanut butter ice cream - superb. We were seated right away but our waiter seemed inconvenienced by our presence which put a bit of a damper on the mood. I might give the restaurant another chance but I think next time I would sit at the counter where you get a bit of a show from the chefs.Special Features:
- Love Roka!PickyeaterVIPDined on 9/14/2014Always love coming to Roka. Food is always consistent, service is always great. One of my favorites in Scottsdale. Will keep coming back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!Awesome2Dined on 9/13/2014It is a bit on the pricey side $$$, but, we had amazing food bursting with flavor, impeccable presentation and an outstanding and extremely knowledgeable waiter. If you want something different and outside the normal hum drum, this is a definite must go to!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food , Poor ServiceBrunoKVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a great dinner at Roka Akor, the quality of the meal was outstanding. Even though, service was poor. Our order was not completely delivered and we had to re-order for the missing plates twice. On of the side dishes we re-ordered took so long to be delivered, that we had finished our dinner by the time the waiter brought it. But we would come back, because the food and the ambiance is great!
- Pretty placeSamanthaDined on 9/6/2014We had gone in to celebrate a birthday. Friendly greeters, efficient service. Noise level is a little high, so not sure why the music needed to be cranked up even higher. Difficult to have conversation, and there were only four of us! I noticed that as the evening wore on and restaurant emptied, the music got even louder. The cocktails were good, sushi was excellent, entrees were very good. Would love to come back, but the noise level would make me think twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love it herePickyeaterVIPDined on 9/4/2014Roka is always consistent with great food and great service. They make dining a special experience. I love the butterfish tataki and the sliders are great too. I will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014The service was sub par. I specifically mentioned on open table and called to let the restaurant know that we were celebrating an anniversary. The hostess assured me they would do something special and nothing happened. We also didn't get refills on our water until the end of the meal and the waitress rarely checked in on us. I have been to this restaurant several times and would not return based off of this experience.Special Features:
- Tasting menuMarcospaghettioDined on 8/31/2014Awesome meal! We did the tasting menu for two and it was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NatalieLeSheaDined on 8/30/2014Very impressed with the menu selection. The food was fresh and delicious. The service in the dining room was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Asian food.OliveOliveVIPDined on 8/27/2014Great food. Asian cross over food. My family loves this restaurant.Special Features:
- always perfectPtashVIPDined on 8/27/2014I have yet to have a bad meal at Roka and I have been coming to this restaurant since it opened in 2008.Special Features:
- good bar food valueLorenVIPDined on 8/24/2014celebrating wedding anniversary using preferred dining card. ate in bar to take advantage of happy hour. good oyster plate. disappointed that staff didn't do anything to help us celebrate. usually see a comp dessert, etc. ordered a well martini and was charged 3 04 4 dollars over the menu priceSpecial Features:
- CriticalReviewersVIPDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed our dinner at Roka Akor. Beautiful contemporary setting with efficient waitstaff. The tiger prawn dish with chile paste was outstanding. The rib eye was rated average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placefoodloverDined on 8/16/2014I thought this place was very nice and romantic. I loved the ambiance and the food was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Great fish!FoodDocVIPDined on 8/16/2014Hamachi Kompachi was great, Hamachi over a slice of watermelon with avocado. The signature Butterfish Tataki was really awesome sashimi. Hamachi roll with Serrano peppers was also a standout. Korean lamb chops were pretty good, they serve 3 and one was for sure overcooked. Dessert was fair but you can get cappuccino, wasn't sure if they'd have that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legit legitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Wasn't over impressed with the look and set up when we first walked in. We ordered the dumplings, Filet, Tiger Prawns, Brussel Sprouts and some sushi and no joke it was all AWESOME. Staff was friendly, drinks came fast but all that stands out was how good all the good was. I was especially shocked by how good the filet was and the chile/spice on tiger prawn was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundChristi487VIPDined on 8/11/2014Waitstaff was very knowledgable on the menu, which really helped my party choose our dishes. Each recommendation made was an excellent choice. Butterfish appetizer was delicious, and my new favorite dessert is the white chocolate brownie! Definitely save room for it :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itJacksonDined on 8/10/2014Great place...went twice the food is fantastic..................
- GREAT FOOD - OUTSTANDING SERVICExnycopVIPDined on 8/8/2014Their menu is interesting and offers a wide variety of raw and cooked items. Everything is delicious and a treat for both the eyes and the palate. Their Happy Hour is one of the best in the Valley. One of the largest selections of food and drink offered by any restaurant in Scottsdale. Always lots of parking. Reservations are advisable.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in townCherylDined on 8/2/2014The food is excellent. Every time I go I have a new favorite. Can't find another place like it in the Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your hosts= bad first impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014I have come to know your restaurant as reliable when it comes to amazing food and good service. I will say that another consistent part that you have are the rudest, snootiest, stuck-up hostesses who just stare and people up and down with judgement when they walk in. They are not warm and friendly at all and look at you as if they have no clue what to do with you even with a reservation. I am in sales and first impressions are everything. It's too bad that you have such horrible representation right when people walk in your front door and give people an automatic bad taste. This should be unacceptable to your management team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork belly was the best!dindinDined on 8/1/2014Everything we tried was top notch. The pork belly entrée was to die for! It was smokey, meaty, succulent goodness! One of the better things Ive ever eaten!Special Features:
- Some good Some just okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014We had a number of dishes and sushi. The soft shell crab roll was tasteless and the crispy prawn roll had more asparagas than prawn....both were a little boring. They had a Waygu beef roll that was fabulous and the Cremnini mushrooms were also very good. The toffee cake desert was the highlight of the meal....very nummy. I think the food is a bit over priced and the drinks are definately over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my best dinners everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Took my family and had the best dinner we had in Scottsdale! Wonderful service and great food. I would highly recommend the Salmon nigiri and grilled veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word...OmikaseAdobeAbodeDined on 7/19/2014This was our second occasion to dine at Roka Akor. Both times we tried the "Omikase" which means something like - the chef's whim of the day. Dinne roulette normally makes me anxious but at Roka Akor - it's consistently a hit. Bring your appetite - each of the 14 courses is fireworks in your mouth with exquisite flavors you would never even know how to order left to your own devices. Many dishes are only available with the Omikase - such as the mussels and mushrooms - divine! The sashimi was out of this world, the oysters, lovely... I could go on and on. Watching the chefs work in the open kitchen is fascinating; the presentation sublime; the service was above and beyond. This is an experience that shouldn't be missed.Special Features: