RoJo Mexican Bistro
24026 Jefferson Avenue
St. Clair Shores, MI 48080Neighborhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $30 and under
RoJo Mexican Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rojomexicanbistro.com/
- Phone: 5867737770
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 4:00 pm-10 pm; Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm Bar Lago hours: Wednesday-Saturday 5:00 pm till 1 a.m. Sundays 4:00 pm-10 pm. (Call resaturant for reservations and availability/ weather permitting)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Contemporary Mexican, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Montgomery
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do outside catering for parties of 40 or more. Private parties during daytime hours can be accomodated up to 80 people.
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 areas, one that is for parties of 25 to 40, and an upper floor that is for parties of 40 to 80.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Cutlip 5867737770
- Entertainment: Entertainment will be on featured nights both in the main lounge and on the second level.
A word from RoJo Mexican Bistro
RoJo Mexican Bistro is situated in a beautiful setting along Lake St. Clair. This rustic building features a panoramic view from both floors with a brick fireplace in the newly rennovated great room. Our contemporary Mexican flare compliments the upscale, fresh Mexican cuisine and 110 premium tequila menu. The second level is open with a focus on the night life with specials and entertainment on select nights. Our second level open air deck over looking the lake will take your breath away. Open seven days for lunch & dinner, RoJo Mexican Bistro also offers live entertainment on select nights in the main lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
RoJo Mexican Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Improvements NeededCheseaDined on 9/8/2013With the ambiance set to "Very Good" because of the decor and the scenic view, the service was not what I would call up-scale. The waitress was not around when she needed to be and showed up almost too often when not needed. This is a fine line I understand, but when your with a group of friends and trying to hold conversation only to have to be interrupted by the waitress checking on you, is quite frustrating. Further when a drink is spilled she was no where to be found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2013excellent service, good food, but pricey drink prices overall good placeSpecial Features:
- Special OccasionsluckyDined on 8/2/2013The first time I enjoyed dinner at Rojo was a Birthday Dinner and since then we have celebrated every special occasion (birthday/anniversary/promotion/new boat) at Rojo. Everytime is a wonderful experience. The food is always great. The service is usually great, althought the last time our waiter seemed a little out of it. The other staff more than made up for it though. Great Times!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OkayDjss99Dined on 8/1/2013Guacamole was very good! Everything else was just regular. I f I had to eat there again I would. Not horrible, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night DelightChicagoVIPDined on 7/19/2013Started with the tableside guacamole and perfect margaritas. Hubby had chicken enchiladas and I had Mahi mahi tacos. Service was excellent, would recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Nice dinner!LoriDined on 7/17/2013Food was yummy! Outside table was a nice bonus! Waiter was friendly and attentive!I would recommend this to a friend.
- our mini-reunionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/12/2013we've celebrated our high school mini reunion at rojo in st clairshres for the past 4 years. we've been so happy with the accomodations, the table set up, the service (especially for a large group) and the food pleases everyone! thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingjfeechDined on 5/5/2013Joe Vicari should have stuck to what he knows best - Italian food. The food was poor and the service was just ok. The restaurant was hot inside (no AC on) and it seemed as if the staff were rushing us. I'm very disappointed.
- Very, very bad!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013The margarita's didn't have much taste to start with. We ordered our food when we got the drinks, 45 minutes later our food finally came. The taco's were cold. The extremely small portion of rice and beans were dry and crusty. The flour tortillas on the enchilada's were so dry they were crumbling. Finally, the fajita's had no onions at all. When we told the manager about our food, he offered to reheat it and that was it. So I told him to take it off the table and I wasn't paying for it. Very poorly trained wait staff and management. Will never return to this restaurant. My co-oworker and I both emailed the restaurant to tell them about our experience and they never responded.
- We went during lunch on aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013We went during lunch on a weekend and the restaurant was empty, but its right on the water and I would imagine is very beautiful in the summertime. The server was very attentive. The food was not very good. We got the table side gauc which was a little bland. I got the philly cheese steak taco's and was very dissatisfied. The taco shells seemed stale and the steak was very chewy. I've eaten at a few other Rojo's and and was suprised as I've never had any complaints before.
- DOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012Very disappointed in service asked for more dressing thru eating before it came. Asked for 2 coffee got one. Had to ask to clear table. Very few people in rest. Not busy No reason for poor service.
- Better Food at Taco BellOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/28/2012We waited more than ten minutes for our server, Marina, to approach our table. After that the timing of courses was okay. The wine list was eliminated except for a handful of mediocre wines. After fumbling trying to open the bottle we ordered, Marina proceeded to pour almost a full glass without having us taste it first. The mussel appetizer would be much better if fresh, not frozen, mussels were used. The chicken tortilla soup was cold, the consistency of porridge without any discernible chicken in it. We have eaten here many times before and always leave with the impression that it could have been much, much better. One thing that has been consistent, is that the chicken and steak is always overdone and tough.Special Features:
- Rojo's has great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012Rojo's has great atmosphere and great guacamole (fantastic stuff) and great Margaritas!Truthfully though, one my friends was very disappointed in her taco salad. The five of us worked downtown in Detroit and were accustomed to authentic Mexican Food on Bagley Avenue so we're a little spoiled. thanks for the opportunity for remarks.
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2012The service was excellent and so was the atompshere but the food portions was little compared to other mexican resturants. The freshly prepared guamaole was wonderful.Special Features:
- Disappointing meal. Wasn'tKandbDined on 5/27/2012Disappointing meal. Wasn't crowded and kitchen had a problem with food timing! Received our appetizer 1 minute before our entrees. Food was okay, nothing spectacular.
- I received a call from theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012I received a call from the restaurant manager the same night of our visit. He wanted to make sure our visit was exceptional and asked us to come back again soon. How nice was that !!Special Features:
- The food was okay, betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012The food was okay, better at Mexican Village. They appeared to be understaffed and the table wasn't cleared consistantly.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Everything was excellent. We did however wait 1/2 hour after we put our order in. Thank you for a lovely lunch.Special Features:
- We were greeted by a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/25/2012We were greeted by a very pleasant hostess which was followed by attentive service. The sauce with the mussel appetizer was excellent, however, the mussels tasted frozen rather than fresh. The mahi-mahi was overpowered by too many jalapeño slices in the sauce, but otherwise a nice presentation. The chicken fajitas were very tough and cut into different sizes which made uniform cooking difficult. My conclusion after every visit is that the kitchen is more concerned with getting the food out quickly than attention to detail.Special Features:
- Overall we were very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/18/2012Overall we were very pleased with everything. I thought the prices were a little steep, but I would go there again, especially if boatwells are available.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2012Understaffed & underwhelming with blasé twenty something caucasian waitstaff (in a mexican restaurant?) this California girl could not get a good vibe or suitable Mexican food fix at Rojo.
- A place for family or friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2012I have been to Rojo three times now. The tableside guacamole is very good but other that that the food is average. It is good for family dining and for a night out with friends. Bar is fun to go to for meeting up with friends.Special Features:
- Nice Place to Eat Good Mexican FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2012I have eaten at Rojos about 6 times since the opened in St. Clair Shores. The atmosphere is great. The food is good it just costs too much. You are paying for a nice place to eat Mexican food. If you want great Mexican food; find another location. If you want good Mexican food with a cool atmosphere and don't mind spending twice as much, then Rojos is your place. The kids menu is lacking for a Mexican food restaurant.Special Features:
- Wouldn't recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2011Really the only thing positive about this place is the table side guacamole. The rest of the food is really bad. We have eaten here 3 times, only once by choice and each time were disappointed. The tacos and quesadillas are bland, how do you mess those up at a Mexican restaurant? The taco salad was ok, but the fajita salad was terrible. We went on a wednesday night when it was slow, but still waited forever for drinks. I think this place has made it to the "list"... Not the good one!
- I thouhgt the food was freshOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011I thouhgt the food was fresh and very good. The fresh, made at your table to your own specifications,was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- I've been more than a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/3/2011I've been more than a few times and have not been disappointed!!
- Love the new Rojo in St Clair ShoreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2011Rojo was a great experience. Had been to same location when before it was Rojo and was not a great experience. The decor is nice, staff was excellent. Made reservation that morning through the link to Open Table from the Rojo website. Our group was 14 people and they were very accomodating and made it a pleasant night.Special Features:
- Always a great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2011Always a great food and service! We especially love the guacamole!
- Have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2011Have been to this restaurant 3 times (St. Clair Shores). First time we were there, everything was wonderful. The food was great. The last 2 times, the food has been terrible! Had the chunky wet burrito the second time there. Horrible. The meat was so fatty and hard, I couldn't even finish it. This time I had the steak quesadila. Awful. Again, I couln't finish it. My husband and I usually get the chicken nacho appitizer. We love it. This time when the waitress set it on our table, there were about 10 nachos on the plate. My husband even said they must have cut the portions way back. Very dissapointed. Will not be going back any time soon.
- Great food, Mariachi's wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/29/2011Great food, Mariachi's were fun and sounded great. Huge wall of tequila and lots of specialty drinks. Very fun night for our group of 8.Special Features:
- Steak was less than desirableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2011Steak was less than desirable in the fajitas, fatty/gristly (sp?). Chicken and shrimp were good. Tableside guacamole was good but not worth $8.99.Special Features:
- It was good for our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011It was good for our party of 6 but expensive for Mex. My wife ordered a glass of wine, not being a wine expert, left it to the waiter. When the bill came, she realized he brought her the most expensive, 11.00 a glass. There is a Mex place in Traverse City that is fantastic. The food is great, affordable and it's always packed in the summer. I think it's "Red Mesa". But check it out if you're ever up that way.
- Table-side preparation ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2011Table-side preparation of the delicious guacamole a hit!Special Features:
- The food is really good alongOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2011The food is really good along with the home made guacamole and sangria's. The atmosphere is very nice.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011The food was excellent and moderately priced, although on the pricier side. The ambiance was good, although a tad dark and it was pretty loud and very cold.Special Features:
- Waiter was fantastic. ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011Waiter was fantastic. Manager visited all tables. Live mexican folk music at table made us feel like we were in Mexico again.Special Features:
- Great Tacos - Hit or Miss ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2011We visiting the bar upstairs for Taco Tuesdays. Tacos were amazing; better than fantastic price at only $1 per taco. Will make this a once a month family trip since everyone can have whatever type of taco and how every many they want. Service was a little lacking, but the food made up for it.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic. Very fillingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2011Food was fantastic. Very filling and delicious. Presentation was nice. Drinks were a bit pricey, though. Queso fondito was great. Wet burritos delicious. Only complaint was people bringing young kids and not watching them ... Kinda ruined romantic atmosphere. Good value for price. Service was pretty good. Fresh homemade salsa was amazing. Will for sure come back.Special Features:
- We have a good time and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2011We have a good time and good dinner in your restaurant. we will be backSpecial Features:
- Recommend - Definitely!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2011We truly enjoyed our dining experience. I loved the atmosphere. Our server was excellent, very unobtrusive, friendly. Great guacamole. Would definitely come back!Special Features: