Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar
601 W. Cordova Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1G1Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roguewetbar.com/
- Phone: 6046788000
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Monday through Thursday 11:30 am - midnight
Friday & Saturday 11:30 am - 1:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International
- Executive Chef: Cory Chapman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine
- Entertainment: *Extra Payment Option* All that Canadian Tire cash you've been saving up for years? Spend it on a beer! Yeah, we accept it as a form of payment. Whether $0.10 or $100. If you have it, we'll accept it!
- Cross Street: Seymour - Waterfront Station
- Public Transit: Rogue is conveniently located at Waterfront Station where you may arrive via skytrain, seabus, bus, west coast express or harbour air.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: DRINK & RIDE! Rogue is conveniently located at Waterfront Station where you may arrive via skytrain, seabus, bus, west coast express or harbour air.
A word from Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar
Every day funk is what going Rogue is all about. Crazy tall light fixtures and walls that glow set against sand-blasted brick and well-worn hardwood floors. Menu-wise, going Rogue means doing things in the kitchen others said couldn’t be done. Like a completely fresh burger served medium-rare to make it the juiciest and best tasting in town. Or corn-dogs your not supposed to want but secretly crave. Going Rogue means your horizons are greater than the “usual suspects” of chain restaurants. Rogue gives it’s customer an eclectic enough offering of food and surroundings, that they can feel and be themselves. You can go Rogue when you’re slumming, you can go Rogue when you need to impress. You can go Rogue with a date, your mates or with your boss. Best of all, you can afford to go Rogue every day of the week. Need a stiff drink and tasty meal to get you through your daily grind and have enough left over to do it all again tomorrow? Go Rogue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar - Best Restaurants in Gastown ›
Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (35)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (15)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Vibrant BarCityAngelDined on 8/15/2014Excellent for get together with friends and love the Happy Hour wine and beer specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceLenaDined on 8/13/2014Our server was very friendly and efficient food was good and great location close to gastownSpecial Features:
- It was okayFoodiesDined on 8/12/2014The food was good, mediocre service made it less enjoyable of an experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShaniaDined on 8/8/2014Our waitress was very nice and provided the specials on teh drinks that we were not aware of - The only problem was we ordered nachos and got the small size and we were expecting the large size as three of us were sharing but we were too hungry to send back. came in for dinner the waitress don't have her name she was a short red haired waitress ignored me rushed me &and never came back to take my order A man was walking around I had to approach him & order think he was supervisor & he got my order right away Rogue at WAterfront treats you very nice the waitress I had few weeks ago should go there for a few shifts she would learn how to treat people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkTravellerDined on 8/7/2014This restaurant looked trendy and was very retro and upbeat inside. Our waitress was fabulous, the food was ok. My husband had bang bang chicken and it wasn't good nor were the vegetables fresh. My son ordered plain spaghetti noodles, sent them back twice. However, I ordered the rogue burger and it was excellent, with yam fries, I ate every bit, excellent! The dessert was excellent as well and my son also ordered the chicken tenders, they were fab. The place knocked off compensation for our bad food but it's great for pub/bar type food.Special Features:
- $3 house wine a great deal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Took advantage of happy hour wine prices and really enjoyed both the red and white offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushigirlDined on 7/21/2014Awesome veggie quinoa burger! Flavourful and fillingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/17/2014Great spot to be on the deck. Good People watching and good foodSpecial Features:
- Too warmMZS31stDined on 7/16/2014My group of 5 was put in the back corner of the inside on a very hot day in July. We were all sweating and made us leave prematurely. It probably would have been fine if we were closer to one of there many open doors or outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foowOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2014Great spot to be on the deck. Good People watching and good foodSpecial Features:
- Food Menu24wineDined on 6/19/2014We were disappointed to see basa fish on the menu which is a farmed fish. We were informed that this replaced the halibut which we would like to see back on the menu. That is what we were going to order for the fish tacos.Special Features:
- consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2014I'm very rarely disappointed with the food & service. As it's close to the office, I often "go Rogue" for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/4/2014Rogue is very convenient. Good food and service. Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient downtown lunch spotBlittinDined on 6/4/2014Great seat on the patio, but in full sunshine, so it got a bit too hot. Service was OK, but it was the lunch rush. Drinks took a while to come.Special Features:
- Lucked out in VancouverCoachCassDined on 5/31/2014We were spending the night in Vancouver before our Alaskan Cruise, and stumbled upon the Rouge. It was truly a fine. Great food and friendly people. An interesting menu and tasty desserts.Special Features:
- pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/29/2014If you have not tried their pizza, it is AMAZING! I also have a wheat allergy so i had the gluten free pesto shrimp pizza - it is devine. Anyone that likes a tasty pizza and not ALL bread.. try this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable eveningkramerDined on 5/28/2014Very good food and service altho my fav was taken off the menu. Lounge area a little cramped. Patron next table over made a pass at my niece. Quite funny. On line reservation worked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice viewOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/21/2014Great spot to be on the deck. Good People watching and good foodSpecial Features:
- Look elsewherelovedessertDined on 5/18/2014While the location is very convenient to meet up with friends, the service was lacklustre to say the least. Took us forever to get our drinks, glasses of water, food etc. And then my cousin took one bite of her salad and found a piece of glass. The manager was extremely nice and comped the salad and gave the whole table free drink tickets but the service was so bad that all of us agreed we would definitely not be rushing back any time soon.Special Features:
- Lunch with girls3lunchfriendsDined on 5/15/2014Service was excellent. We were well looked after! Some had to dine and dash, others spent a leisurely dine and chat was great ambiance for all. Loved it! again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indulgent Saturday LunchannniieeVIPDined on 4/26/2014Headed to Rogue for a Saturday lunch because I had a giftcard from Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised at their menu since it was not like that of the typical chain restaurant (Earl's, Moxie's etc). Ordered kale and quinoa salad and added steak, boyfriend had Bang Bang Chicken. Both dishes were delicious but more notably the kale quinoa salad. My boyfriend, who is a head chef and soon to be Regional Kitchen Manager for a pretty well-known chain was thoroughly impressed with the salad! He's a pretty tough critic too. Overall we had an excellent time at lunch. Nathan, our server was personable and gave great service. Would go back, even without a gift card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 319 reviews are from the Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014Food was good, no one at our table had any negative comments. Good beer and service. My only complaint was that the music was really loud, to the point of being bothersome at times. The decor is really nice.Special Features:
- Convenient Location, Not Much ElseMsMartiniVIPDined on 4/16/2014After being shown to our table we were compltely ignored for 15 minutes. Once our illusive server finally came to take our drink order it took 30 minutes for our drinks to arrive. A table next to us arrived, ate and were asking for the bill by the time our drinks came. The food is ok but nothing to write home about, the service is dismal at best. Skip this restaurant if you'd like a unique, tasteful, well serviced dining experience. The one redeeming feature about this restaurant: It's connected to the Skytrain and Seabus so you don't have to brave the legendary Vancouver rain to get here. For a party who was coming from Vancouver, Richmond, and North Van this was the perect meeting place. But truth be told, next time we'll brave the rain.
- So-so experiencehonestjoeDined on 4/11/2014My black cherry cosmo that night was bad. It was all ice-slushy and bland, and the black cherries were just pathetic. Like wrinkled raisin-sized lumps. For the price I paid ($8.99) I was incredibly disappointed. Our server was nice but busy. We had to wait a lot. I do not see any incentive to return. To be fair, my friends enjoyed their Bellini, and we were seated pretty quick. Nice atmosphere for group parties. Convenient location.Special Features:
- Great central locationDianeDined on 4/9/2014This is one of my go-to's when meeting up with friends downtown. Mainly because the location is ideal for those taking transit, the wait on a weeknight is often small to none, and the food is consistently good.Special Features:
- so-so restaurantsteakloverDined on 4/7/2014Food was mediocre at best and atmosphere not particularly great.
- Waiter had tattoo on his armsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014Waiter had tattoo on his arms (do not remember his name). He was a friendly server. However, his mannerism to other tables did not seem proper at times. Perhaps it was just not his night. He spilled drinks all over a customer. Then, when he was asked by another customer on where the washrooms are, he pointed his finger and asked the customer to wait while he was finishing cleaning up.
- It was an excellent placeGazzaDined on 3/10/2014It was an excellent place for a business lunch & the food was excellent. I must try it for dinner sometime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have enjoyed the food theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014I have enjoyed the food the 3 times I've been at the restaurant, except for Friday night. I had the Caesar Salad and it was virtually tasteless. Very disappointing as this was my supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for childrensarab10Dined on 3/4/2014We had a wonderful experience with 2 adult couple s with two small children; one was 7 weeks and the other was 18 months. The staff were very accommodating coupled with excellent food!! Thank you Rouge for a great lunch.Special Features:
- Special TouchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2014We made reservations and our table was set with bottles of water ready prior to our arrival. We thought service was good. We ordered the nachos, and they were really good. The turkey sandwich was a bit greasy and the seafood chowder was lacking some flavor. My dining partners had the veggie quinoa burger and they thought it was tasty but a tad cold. Other than that we enjoyed the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, buteatingoutDined on 2/14/2014Overall the the experience was great and our server was friendly, but it was fairly clear that he wasn't getting enough support to handle his section. There seemed to be a ton of hostesses and bussers working, but he was not getting much help from them clearing plates and glasses so because he had all of that to do and apparently work the bar, he didn't have to take drink orders on a regular basis and we were feeling a little neglected. Also, while the restaurant did not seem full and we had a reservation, we still got stuck in a back corner which kind of sucked.Special Features:
- meets every needTFoodieDined on 2/14/2014I've now been to Rogue for my birthday party with group of 20 people, another person's b-day party 25 people, anniversary dinner and a lunch with a friend and brought my 10 month old baby. We've also done late night after dinner drinks in the bar area and every time this place has been perfect for all occasions. Very unique venue to be able to pull that off! Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our local lunch venue - moreFATTYDined on 2/12/2014Our local lunch venue - more healthy choices needed as I keep eating the same food each time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fried brussel sproutsRTseVIPDined on 2/9/2014The fried brussel sprouts is the best dish we have tried at Rogue. The wok squid, the kale and quinoa power salad, and the bang bang chicken and shrimp were also excellent. The other items on the menu looked very appealing. The decor is very nice, even at lunch time. I imagine that it would be even better at night. The staff are superb. Owen was there both times that we have been at Rogue and was very friendly and extremely competent. He made us feel instantly welcome, his recommendations were good, and he was always there whenever we needed anything. We will definitely be back to try other items on the menu and to enjoy the excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchDbumblebeeDined on 1/15/2014Met a friend for lunch at Rogue on Wednesday. It's our favourite lunch spot, The "Nice Little Salad" is our favourite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fried brussel sprout appetizerRTseVIPDined on 1/12/2014The fried brussel sprout appetizer is fantastic. I could eat several orders of this appetizer by myself. My wife really enjoyed the kale & quinoa power salad and my chili was also good. The staff are very competent, prompt, and extremely friendly. They really appreciate their guests. The place also looks great with the two levels, wood trim, and iron railings. I highly recommend Rogue Kitchen and Webar in Gastown.Special Features:
- Gluten free friendly!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/8/2014Went to Rogue for a team dinner after work one night. Needed to accommodate gluten sensitivities and a vegan diet. We were pleasantly surprised at the menu options and everyone had a fantastic meal! The kale and quinoa power salad was a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all rounder!AussiedinerDined on 1/6/2014Staying at the Fairmont Waterfront, 4 kids that all want something different for dinner, where to take them within 5 minutes walking distance on a rainy night? Great burger, sandwich/soup/salad combo was fresh and tasty, chicken wings were sensational, kids pizza perfect, quinoa salad zesty. Excellent cocktails and the service was prompt and cheerful. Definitely recommend it to all ages and appetites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunch or dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/26/2013I would have rated this restaurant better however I have been to 2 of their locations and both times, there water smelled strong of chlorine. Other restaurant invest in their customers or clientele by spending $300 for a water filter. I guess Rogue wants all their customers buying bottled water. Enough for me not to go back there considering the many choices we have in the downtown Coal Harbour area.