Rogue and Canon
128 W. Houston St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rogue and Canon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rogueandcanon.com/
- Phone: 6463988700
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday & Monday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:30pm - 2:00am
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Slamon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour
A word from Rogue and Canon
At the lively corner of Houston and Sullivan Streets, Rogue & Canon is an unpretentious neighborhood-style kitchen where the service and the crowd are welcoming and friendly. Early in the evening, it’s more of a dinner and small-plates scene; after 11 p.m., tables are whisked away to make room for more mingling.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rogue and Canon reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance2.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Witty impeccable dishes stand outnancywVIPDined on 5/3/2014For our group of 4 oldies, the room was painfully loud; even when the very kind & attentive crew turned down the music, the exuberant talk bounced off the low ceiling and hard walls. Hey, it was Kentucky Derby day; we expected liveliness. But the food was so carefully wrought & cleverly presented that we wanted to taste it to the nth. (Dear Chef: Loud noise occludes the taste buds. You're too good to play second fiddle to a racket.) Standout: Hangover Lo Mein, presented in the eternal Chinese restaurant takeout box, a sunnyside-up egg adding sunshine & juice to gorgeously spicy & slithery noodles--served garlic-free, as requested. First rate intense mac & cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Drinks!PieceOfCakeDined on 4/18/2014They have some of the most amazing drinks. Must trying the deviled eggs!Special Features:
- Yummies!AshleyDined on 4/13/2014We had AMAZING food here! Everything was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and vers goodJeanneDined on 4/6/2014We made a reservation for brunch, at 12 on a Sunday. When we got there the place was almost empty, just us and another table so I got a bit scared. But the food was really excellent (loved the potatoes that go with the eggs benedict, and the burger with peanut butter was very surprising and really good), my cocktail, a bacon Bloody Mary, was incredible, and service was really kind and welcoming ! The place started to fill up around 1PM, guess I'm just an early bruncher !Special Features:
- Just GoMarklockVIPDined on 3/9/2014An amazing bar, and the food is incredible too. Get the noodles and thank me later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked the selection of drinksshawnDined on 2/15/2014I liked the selection of drinks and the beer.. Appetizers were good..especislly the sliders .great ambience. Place to go .. Worth it on Friday or Saturday night. Staff is also very friendly and casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchGlennVIPDined on 11/16/2013We had a great brunch on a Saturday morning, but were the only ones there for our meal. The brunch crowd must come later! The food, however, was fantastic. Not a whole lot one can do with pancakes, but R&C had the lightest pancakes I've had in years, with a wonderful fig syrup. We'd go back in a second. Great location, also... right on the edge of SoHo.Special Features:
- Fun scene, bad foodPenprincessDined on 11/8/2013If you are looking for a bar with buzz and cocktails this is a good choice. But if you want to eat dinner, forget it. The food was simply not up to par, and either was the wine. Mixed drinks, good music, nice vibe. Bad food, bad wine.Special Features:
- worth skippingNYCHoosierVIPDined on 10/19/2013service was bad, food was OK at best and the noise level was just too much and too loud. the blasting music was a fail.
- a good place for drinks-not dinnernewyorkerVIPDined on 10/18/2013very vibrant bar scene - and terrific cocktails. food and service were no where near as good. tables in back are stuffy and too close together. iteresting menu choices, but not worth it.Special Features:
- Just okjpncDined on 7/21/2013The food was nothing special. I wouldn't go there again for it. It wasn't particularly memorable. What was good? The bloody mary's. If you're going for those, it's worth it. Otherwise, the service was slow and not even a little friendly. The place was empty when we walked in (not a single customer besides) and the waitress had to nerve to ask us to sit at a smaller table. Yeah. Not to great. On second thought, you can great bloody Mary's elsewhere too. Don't bother with this.
- No host to show us to ourNobuttercheeseorseafoodVIPDined on 7/18/2013No host to show us to our table. No air conditioning on a hot summer night either. Opted to leave and not dine given the conditions and lack of service. Will come by another time when weather has cooled to sample the food.
- Ordered half the menuMontanaVIPDined on 7/5/2013My friend and I went after seeing this place reviewed on PureWow. The peanut butter burger intrigued me. We ordered almost half the menu and everything was superb. The Old Bay aioli with the crispy shrimp was AMAZING and the grilled peach and arugula salad was delicious as well. My only complaint was that the rhubarb and jalapeno flavors on the scallops really weren't strong at all- I couldn't have told you that was what the topping was made out of if I didn't know. The drinks were good and the service was impeccable. Our waitress was incredibly sweet. All in all, I would love to come back!Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2013Great little bar and serve a great brunch. Must try the peanut butter burger. Great Bloody Marys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.