7661 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roflcafe.com/
- Phone: 3239511536
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Govind Armstrong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from ROFL Cafe
ROFL Cafe (The Republic of Laughter) is a place where food is made and served with love… we call it a happiness café. Our California bistro serves European style, conscientiously sourced fare by acclaimed chef Govind Armstrong, whose farm-fresh flavors offer the yummiest experiences. We also serve the best coffee, Intelligentsia, in an ambiance that’s enveloped in playful elements to make people happy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ROFL Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Mixed feelingsWillVIPDined on 7/20/2013I went to ROFL on Saturday evening for dinner with my boyfriend. The staff was very friendly, but a bit inattentive and slow. Also, while the food tasted good, my order was undercooked. They did fix it right away and provided us with a complimentary side dish. The price is very reasonable and you get a lot of food with your order. The restaurant was pretty dead so who knows how much longer it will last.
- Great lunch spotcherryVIPDined on 7/5/2013Love the new $10 prixe fix lunch with appetizer, main course and drink is a great deal as well as tasty! I got the burger with mushroom and kelp veggies as an appetizer. It's the best lunch deal in WeHo with a good homestyle menu and free wifi so you can work/play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent relaxing lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2013Aside from one group member's food being brought out 10 minutes before everyone else's, it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, an underwhelming experiencOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2013The food was ok. The menu was limited because a good portion of it wasn't available until after 3pm, which I didn't know ahead of time. The service was incredibly slow, and the staff, while personable, had to consistently be chased down. The food did not arrive all at once for all guests, but trickled out instead.
- Fresh fare in trendy neighborhoodEricinLADined on 5/12/2013Services was quick and very attentive. Staff were friendly and helpful, though not all suggestions were quite as wonderful as they thought. We had above-average burgers and fries, a great pan-seared salmon fillet, chocolate chip cookies and their special waffle with fruit. The desserts were decent but not exceptional.Special Features:
- It was so good, I am bringingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/2/2013It was so good, I am bringing people tonight to introduce them to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/21/2013We had a wonderful Sunday brunch experience here. The place was practically empty, which can be worrisome at first, but we soon realized that people waiting in line down the street at other nearby places were really missing out. The service was great, the food was yummy, and we overall really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- ROFL Cafe is a cute and reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013ROFL Cafe is a cute and reasonably priced option. The short rib grilled cheese sandwhich was well prepared and tasty. Service is very friendly and efficient. The only disappointment was the Liege waffle for dessert. The batter was so rich and heavy (the cinammon flavor was overpowering) that it finishing it was a bit of a gummy chore.
- Excellent comfort foodtomcatterVIPDined on 4/19/2013Had the occasion to be in the Melrose area and stopped for an early lunch. Relatively quiet atmosphere since we were early lunch diners. The grilled sandwiches were excellent, prepared with a small side of salad. Lots on the menu to try and we will return.Special Features:
- Very nice overall -- perfect,AmaryllisVIPDined on 3/20/2013Very nice overall -- perfect, in fact, if it's what you're in the mood for. Not haute cuisine. Just a modest menu (with prices to match), honest food, friendly service. My dining partner raved over his Fried Chicken Sandwich, and I enjoyed my Chicken & Kale Salad. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Disappointed to say the least.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/17/2013Food was mediocre at best, and the service left much to be desired. Would never go back.
- Excellent salmon and veggies.benkawallerVIPDined on 3/15/2013Excellent salmon and veggies. Food is surprisingly good given the surroundings; it's lit like a cafeteria. But great prices and really tasty.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good, notJustinVIPDined on 2/24/2013Food was pretty good, not outstanding. Maybe I ordered the wrong dish. Many menu items sounded good. I will probably return to give it another chance. Service was painfully slow and our server had zero personality.Special Features:
- ROFL burger was really good.HurtsSoGoodDined on 2/15/2013ROFL burger was really good. The pleasant surprise I got was that they used what I believe to be a King's Hawaiian bun, which wasn't actually mentioned in the menu. Great place to go if you want very good food in a casual place.Special Features:
- Overall is good, I will comeFionaVIPDined on 2/8/2013Overall is good, I will come back and try their brunch for sure. :)Special Features:
- My hubby and I enjoyed ourhungryVIPDined on 2/3/2013My hubby and I enjoyed our Sunday night meal here... We had roasted veggies, fried chicken sandwich with thick cut fries, cajun chicken soup, butter lettuce salad, iced caramel coffee, coconut tea, and blueberry/goat cheese ice cream. Everything was fresh and tasty and there was enough of a selection for plant-based eaters and carnivores, so a happy place to be for all! the only thing I was not thrilled with was the ice cream, but they buy if from Nouveaux Creamery, so I know not to go to that dessert shop... I do want to try ROFL's waffles next time, though! The waitress we had--Sabrina-- was the most friendly and earnestly helpful person! I hear the brunch here is also worth a visit!Special Features:
- Service was god awful. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Service was god awful. We missed our next appointment because our waiter first forgot about our dessert, then our check, then our Google offer! We ordered a lot of plates and every single finished plate sat on the edge of our table until the end of our meal. No waiter/waitress walking by thought to clear our table! The food was actually pretty good, but we will not be returning.
- cafe with coffeeBheaterVIPDined on 2/2/2013fresh and new cafe around. the coffee is excellent and they brew cup by cup. no refills... The service is very good ... with that said somewhat slow for what they serve but hey food is fresh and made to order.......This is a new young "IN" cafe on MelroseSpecial Features:
- The space is quite differentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/2/2013The space is quite different from Table 8 days (I missed 8 Ounce Burger Bar. Modern and clean, but inviting. The steak benny is nice, with a "muffin" comprised of crispy shoe-string potatoes. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Something came up and we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/25/2013Something came up and we had to cancel our reservation. We attempted to do it on Open Table, but that did not work. We also tried to call the restaurant several times, but they did not answer the phone.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/19/2013Order the Steak Benny for Brunch. It hits the spot.Special Features:
- First time there and we wereDuhz10Dined on 1/19/2013First time there and we were very impressed with everything we ordered for Brunch. The Chicken and waffles was very good and has its own flare to it. No wait, great service and the food came out quick. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Breakfast menu very limited,MichaelVIPDined on 1/19/2013Breakfast menu very limited, I think based on the menu that their lunched and dinners are better with a larger selection of food.Special Features:
- A total surprise for the neighborhoOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/13/2013A total surprise for the neighborhood. Delicious food, a fantastic olive-oil braised albacore tuna melt. Friendly service. Comfortable setting with a spacious table arrangement.Special Features:
- Nice casual brunch for 2!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2013Casual setting. We had the steak and eggs bendict with hot chocolate and the scrambled eggs with potatoes and tomatoes and salsa with chai latte. Everything was excellent. We left full and happy. Would recommend to anyone seeking a casual tasty brunch. They also had a to go counter and the clientele appeared to be there to settle in and relax and enjoy.Special Features:
- The restaurant was empty exceptslmtVIPDined on 1/7/2013The restaurant was empty except for the two of us. The burger was excellent and very memorable. The deviled eggs were also delicious. The service was good as well and the waiter was very helpful. It's too bad this cafe is so far away. Otherwise, I think it is a great place for lunch.Special Features:
- The food was good but unfortunatelyHungrygirlVIPDined on 1/5/2013The food was good but unfortunately, our sandwiches took over 40 minutes to come out. The two items we wanted to order on the menu were sold out. The servers were friendly but it seemed like there was one person in the kitchen as the food took dreadfully long to arrive.Special Features:
- A pretty well-rounded place to grubOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2013I had the fried chicken sandwich. The bread was heavenly, especially with they special sauce. The friend chicken lacked in flavor, but you can't expect great fried chicken on Melrose. My side of asparagus was gorge-worthy. I regret not getting the coffee. Smelled so good. But I had my cup for the day. And something was wrong with the waffle machine so I didn't get to to taste their unique waffles. But I liked this place. Clean and well-decorated, which matters to me. They were prepared for my 5-year-old (gave her a box of crayons instead of the standard four-pack). The server was polite and not bothersome, and didn't act like everything on the menu was a must have (I value an honest waiter/waitress). A tad pricey but not ridiculousSpecial Features:
- Had a great salad ,thoughtathenaVIPDined on 1/3/2013Had a great salad ,thought it was a great idea to roast the tomatoes as winter tomatoes have no taste.Salmon was tasty and fresh, Of course the short rib sandwich always a good choice just the right amount of meat .Love all the sides . Had a great pot of hibiscus tea. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Tried the burger & fried chickenkittyVIPDined on 1/3/2013Tried the burger & fried chicken sandwich, both were good. Chicken pizza was below average, meat was dry. Great place for brunch.Special Features:
- Sensational coffee. Th foodBheaterVIPDined on 12/23/2012Sensational coffee. Th food is good. Fresh made to,order and the coffee like I said is awesome. No refills just another fresh made coffee.Special Features:
- Service was great...friendly.hungryVIPDined on 12/21/2012Service was great...friendly. We had the chicken and salmon entrees, a trio of dips as an appetizer, the mashed beets, and two pots of tea. All were good--not extra special. I would go back to eat the beets with a pot of tea on my own to get some work done. Nice vibe there. I wish they had GF options and non-dairy options.Special Features:
- I had read a few reviews ofsosoVIPDined on 12/19/2012I had read a few reviews of this restaurant. I was looking for something special. What I felt l found was basically average. The muscles And fries appetizer Was very bland. Although Burger I had as an entrée was okay it was nothing to write home about. All in all I would say this was overpriced for average food. The service people were friendly.
- It is still fairly new andJeffVIPDined on 12/14/2012It is still fairly new and still working out the kinks. It was my 2nd time dining there.The food is good but they did not have enough staff, both in the front. And apparently in the kitchen. As it took way too long for a couple of cheeseburgers. The first visit the service was worse, but they had a full house. If you have a job and are on your lunch hour and you only have 60 minutes, you had better save ROLF for your day off.
- Not happyMirandaDined on 12/11/2012My friends and I had brunch at ROLF, I was dissapointed with the food. Maybe it's better now, they were fairly new, I have not been back so they could have improved the taste and menu.Special Features:
- I recommend the flatbreadLa1960VIPDined on 12/8/2012I recommend the flatbread with 3 dips. The bread was excellent and so were the dips.Special Features:
- A nice place, a bit expensiveMattQVIPDined on 12/8/2012A nice place, a bit expensive but should be expected in that part of town. The Swedish Pancakes were good but not worth the wait. $3 cup of coffee with no refill is too much for mt taste regardless of what kind it is.Special Features:
- My first time there and wasToochVIPDined on 12/5/2012My first time there and was very impressed by the quality, taste and creativity of the food. Looking forward to going back again.Special Features:
- A Gem for brunch, lunch, or dinner.ZCHANNELVIPDined on 12/2/2012Relatively informal with terrific food. Brunch was my first time here on a Sunday before LA PHIL @ 2 pm. Don't pay attention to negative reviews on Yelp; this place is great. They've got it together now. Pancakes and waffles as well as omelets, bacon, chorizo, eggs. Even oatmeal. Really liked the wait staff who were efficient and courteous. Will go back for sure. Next time for dinner where there is plenty of variety like Brunch. YAY!Special Features:
- The place was packed, andJeffVIPDined on 12/2/2012The place was packed, and understaffed. Some extra staff came on when we were seated. Food was great, they just weren't prepared for every table being full.Special Features: