Rocky's of Northville
41122 W Seven Mile
Northville, MI 48167Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rocky's of Northville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockysnorthville.com/
- Phone: (248) 349-4434
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Joseph Gardner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: John D. Campbell 248 349-4434
A word from Rocky's of Northville
Northern Michigan Lodge feel. Great Fresh Fish & Seafood as well as, Pastas, Chicken & SteaksContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Rocky's of Northville - Best Restaurants in Northville ›
Rocky's of Northville reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)special occasion (27)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (9)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food, service and value.Shap56Dined on 11/18/2014We met our two adult children for dinner and we all did the Tuesday night pasta special which includes appetizers. We ordered all four appetizers offered and they were all excellent. Special included salad, wine and a dessert for two to split as well. Incredible value for $20 per person. Service was so good And bill was so small I felt a 40% tip was appropriate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- new menuHAC67VIPDined on 11/15/2014There is a new menu at Pockey"s. The food is always great , the prices are very reasonable for the quality and presentation. I recommend my favorite the saute perch fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambience and foodcrzwDined on 11/7/2014Love the coziness and the presentation of food. They do not rush you out....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoviBobDined on 11/7/2014Food and Service were great. Perch is the best around.Special Features:
- ReturnGrammyVIPDined on 11/1/2014We have not been to Rocky's in about a year. Its nice to know that everything was as wonderful as we remembered. We will be back much sooner this time!!! Love that Open Table is available, it is the first place I look when making reservations.Special Features:
- MimiAuntieFifiDined on 10/25/2014We were able to make last minute reservations and was thrilled that we did. The restaurant is very well lit without being too bright. We asked to be seated away from the main dining area near the bar and it was great to be able to hear each other when we talked. Our server had terrific energy and was extremely helpful. The food was beyond delicious! I highly recommend the Salmon over kale with butternut squash coulis. One of our friends had the Walleye and raved about it. I would head back there in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- RickDined on 10/24/2014It was our 30 anniversary,I had flowers delivered and they were on our table when we arrived. Our waitress "Kay" was outstanding. My wife had white fish and I asked Kay which would she suggest the white fish or the perch, she said both were great but she likes the perch better and she was right, it was outstanding. My wife also liked her white fish. The whole evening was enjoyable. One more thing we were not rushed. I would highly recommend Rocky"s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceKeepingUpDined on 10/19/2014We went to Rocky's when a relative arranged a family get-together. The menu certainly accommodated all of us, but the food was nothing special. In particular, many of the choices were fried. The black bean soup was outstanding, and our server was delightful. Portions and prices were very good, with an "early bird" discount on some meals, with early bird defined on Sundays as "before 9!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhitefishAndyDined on 10/18/2014We have always enjoyed the potato encrusted whitefish and it was not on the menu..disappointedSpecial Features:
- Good Food Pricey WineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014We met some old friends for dinner and we all that the food was excellent. We all had a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. We commented about the skimpy pours we received. When we received the bill, we discovered they had charged us $8.50 for the half glasses of cheap wine. Drinks ended up costing more than dinner. Food is good but they are sure gouging you for the wine. Probably will not go back.
- Anniversary DinnerGarySDined on 10/11/2014We decided to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary with our family that included 9 adults and 5 children at Rocky's. This was because it was the restaurant we took the kids frequently years before when it was known as Northville Charley's. We sat at a large table in the back room that accomodated the entire party. The food (both seafood & steaks), drinks, and service were fantastic as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming backnauzermanDined on 10/5/2014Have been eating here for 7 or 8 years, in the last 2 or 3 food has been on the upswing. It's back the way it was when I first started eating here.Special Features:
- DisappointingStarchild1973Dined on 10/4/2014For appetizers we ordered the salmon pate and the oysters, both were very good. Then came the coleslaw, well vinegar and some shredded cabbage, I'll say no more. And the black bean soup was basically a can of black beans warmed and put into a bowl, pure stodge. For entrees we ordered three filet mignon and the perch. All very large portions and looked like they'd been slopped onto the plates, no presentation. The steaks were under seasoned, when we mentioned this to the waitress, we were told they don't season the steaks as it's too expensive, what a waste of a good filet. The service was poor as we were seated next to a large group who seemed to be their priority. I had reserved a table and we were sat in a corner to be forgotten about.
- Good foodsuemaDined on 10/1/2014Our meal was delicious. The portions were generous. The service was very good. Food arrived promptly. We are looking forward to going back soon. SuemaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/27/2014Restaurant sent out emails to announce many lobster options for a limited time. Place was packed and appeared to be understaffed. Our server was literally serving salads to 2 separate tables at the same time. She did a fantastic job but the service was slower than normal. We even saw one of the chefs carrying food out of the kitchen to help out the servers. Obviously the promotion was a success and I thoroughly enjoyed my lobster tail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday DinnerHAC67VIPDined on 9/13/2014Another wonderful Saturday dinner with my wife. We choose Rocky's for it"s location, great food, fantastic service and because I can make a reservation on Open Table all most any time of the day on Saturday. As we see the day fill and no time to shop and cook I reach for my phone and make a reservation at this great resturant.Special Features:
- Good TripMigabbyDined on 9/11/2014Although we don't live that far from Rocky's we don't visit as often as we would like to. Food and Service this last trip was excellent. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hjh201hjh201Dined on 9/7/2014he nice place att.the waitresses waitress was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kettle cookingGr8placeVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Scallop and Shrimp Kettle cooked dish was amazing. Made 3 meals off of it. Garlic bread is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FarmingtonfoodieDined on 9/5/2014Rocky's is a great restaurant but one we just seem to forget about. Glad that I'm on their email list which is what brought them to mind for my husband's birthday. Our food was great and service even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryVIPDined on 9/4/2014Always solid good food. Friendly staff and great service. Happy hour bar menu is the best deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We went to Rocky's for the fish. We weren't disappointed!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Rocky's always come through with a great meal. Love this spoy!Special Features:
- Great place to dine.pete713VIPDined on 8/22/2014Visited before the theater in Northville and had a fantastic experience. Food and service were exceptional. Only one small negative. No sweet vermouth to make a Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing outstandingTabomaDined on 8/17/2014Food was just ok. Service sucked. Wait staff was not very knowledgable. Wine list was minimal. 3 out of 4 food entries requested were "out" . We had to make second and in one case third choices. Our waiter screwed up our bill. When we corrected it, he was ticked. I will never return nor recommend this place. My advice... There are plenty more better places to eat!
- Back on trackeazeDined on 8/16/2014After several visits to Rockys and less than acceptable food and service - this time was a winner!! Our server Lyndsey was fantastic - knowledgable and so friendly. We sat in the Kodiak area which seems by far to be the quietest place to eat. The front room where we started is far too loud and bright for a dinner out. A great neighborhood gem and although an older crowd the food was once again great. We had the perch and the portion was big and prepared perfectly. If you haven't been here in a while - give it a try again - well worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good time.BobMVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went with our cousins and were seated right on time. The service and food was very good. The frog legs are great. A real treat as you don't find good ones very often. Highly recommend, especially if you're in the area. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much betterBigAlVIPDined on 8/15/2014Rockys was a regular on our list. We travel 15 miles to dine there so we expect things to be spot on. The quality started to slip. They have since picked up their game and have raised the bar. The new bar menu is a hit and I will only dine in the Kodiak room form now on.Special Features:
- frenchpondVIPDined on 8/15/2014White fish was very good. Had Kale as a vegetable. Salmon was good with hosin glaze.Special Features:
- Rocky's Rock!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014I had the best time. The ambience was Great and the food was Wonderful. I went for the Oysters on the Half, and as usual, I was elated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nauzermanDined on 8/3/2014Had an enjoyable evening, food, wine and service were great..Special Features:
- Yummy!YaYa4Dined on 8/2/2014We love eating at Rocky's. While I usually have swordfish or mahi mahi, niether was available. Really wanting fish the server convinced me that the white fish was very mild, so I gave it a try. It was melt in my mouth wonderful. The veggies were crisp tender, the gazpacho fresh tasting for a summer night, and the service attentive but not intrusive. My husband had the perch which he loves. All in all it was a wonderful meal from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place needs better managementOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014The restaurant was hosting a special sea food fair offering some specials, I knew because I had received an e-mail ad. When I went there, there was nothing to indicate that the special dishes were being offered at attractive prices and the waiters had to explain to diners who visited the place attracted by the fair. The food was excellent and the service was good, but the management was not up to the task.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 505 reviews are from the Rocky's of Northville reviews archive.
- Always a great time and foodvernlaDined on 7/19/2014We really enjoy the food and service. Good value. House salad and perch dinner excellant. Great wine choices and excellent mixed drinks. (Manhattan)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BNvilleDined on 7/13/2014Food and service were good! We enjoyed a nice quiet early dinner before going to Detroit to see a play. We have been to Rocky's before and it has a pretty consistent product.Special Features:
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2014I've always had good experiences here, but hadn't been there in a long time. Took my girlfriend there for her bday dinner and we were very happy with both the service and the food. No long wait times either. Would enjoy going again, but this restaurant seems fit for special occasions.Special Features:
- once again, amazinglennygDined on 6/21/2014After our last visit I, figured that everything couldn't be that perfect again. Well I was wrong. The food was delicious and the service was once again, outstanding. Our server ,Shanda, was very attentive and made our dining experience extremely enjoyable. She let us relax and enjoy every moment of our meal. You can bet on our next visit we are going to make sure we get Shanda to be our server.Special Features:
- NM99Dined on 6/21/2014I would not recommend Rocky's to anyone. The food was mediocre and the service was poor. We had to ask repeatedly for condiments and the Greek salad was ordered with chicken but the chicken was missing. The first excuse was the chef forgot the chicken, when it finally came the excuse was someone else took your salad. Really we could have found an Olga's and had better food!
- Copper River SalmonHAC67VIPDined on 6/20/2014The Copper River Salmon is running at Rocky's. It is outstanding We highly recomend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally Delicious Food!Love2dineDined on 6/18/2014Everything that we had to eat was superb; from the bread and soup to the main entree. I can honestly say that the steak that I had was the best steak that I have ever eaten in any restaurant. The waitress was very friendly, personable, and attentive. I will definitely be back and have told several others about my wonderful dining experience at Rocky's.Special Features: