Rocky's of Northville
41122 W Seven Mile
Northville, MI 48167Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rocky's of Northville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockysnorthville.com/
- Phone: 248 349-4434
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Joseph Gardner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: John D. Campbell 248 349-4434
A word from Rocky's of Northville
Northern Michigan Lodge feel. Great Fresh Fish & Seafood as well as, Pastas, Chicken & SteaksContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Rocky's of Northville - Best Restaurants in Northville ›
Rocky's of Northville reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (24)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (9)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Saturday DinnerHAC67VIPDined on 9/13/2014Another wonderful Saturday dinner with my wife. We choose Rocky's for it"s location, great food, fantastic service and because I can make a reservation on Open Table all most any time of the day on Saturday. As we see the day fill and no time to shop and cook I reach for my phone and make a reservation at this great resturant.Special Features:
- Good TripMigabbyDined on 9/11/2014Although we don't live that far from Rocky's we don't visit as often as we would like to. Food and Service this last trip was excellent. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hjh201hjh201Dined on 9/7/2014he nice place att.the waitresses waitress was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kettle cookingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014The Scallop and Shrimp Kettle cooked dish was amazing. Made 3 meals off of it. Garlic bread is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FarmingtonfoodieDined on 9/5/2014Rocky's is a great restaurant but one we just seem to forget about. Glad that I'm on their email list which is what brought them to mind for my husband's birthday. Our food was great and service even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryVIPDined on 9/4/2014Always solid good food. Friendly staff and great service. Happy hour bar menu is the best deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We went to Rocky's for the fish. We weren't disappointed!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Rocky's always come through with a great meal. Love this spoy!Special Features:
- Great place to dine.pete713VIPDined on 8/22/2014Visited before the theater in Northville and had a fantastic experience. Food and service were exceptional. Only one small negative. No sweet vermouth to make a Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing outstandingTabomaDined on 8/17/2014Food was just ok. Service sucked. Wait staff was not very knowledgable. Wine list was minimal. 3 out of 4 food entries requested were "out" . We had to make second and in one case third choices. Our waiter screwed up our bill. When we corrected it, he was ticked. I will never return nor recommend this place. My advice... There are plenty more better places to eat!
- Back on trackeazeDined on 8/16/2014After several visits to Rockys and less than acceptable food and service - this time was a winner!! Our server Lyndsey was fantastic - knowledgable and so friendly. We sat in the Kodiak area which seems by far to be the quietest place to eat. The front room where we started is far too loud and bright for a dinner out. A great neighborhood gem and although an older crowd the food was once again great. We had the perch and the portion was big and prepared perfectly. If you haven't been here in a while - give it a try again - well worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good time.BobMVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went with our cousins and were seated right on time. The service and food was very good. The frog legs are great. A real treat as you don't find good ones very often. Highly recommend, especially if you're in the area. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frenchpondDined on 8/15/2014White fish was very good. Had Kale as a vegetable. Salmon was good with hosin glaze.Special Features:
- Rocky's Rock!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014I had the best time. The ambience was Great and the food was Wonderful. I went for the Oysters on the Half, and as usual, I was elated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nauzermanDined on 8/3/2014Had an enjoyable evening, food, wine and service were great..Special Features:
- Yummy!YaYa4Dined on 8/2/2014We love eating at Rocky's. While I usually have swordfish or mahi mahi, niether was available. Really wanting fish the server convinced me that the white fish was very mild, so I gave it a try. It was melt in my mouth wonderful. The veggies were crisp tender, the gazpacho fresh tasting for a summer night, and the service attentive but not intrusive. My husband had the perch which he loves. All in all it was a wonderful meal from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place needs better managementOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014The restaurant was hosting a special sea food fair offering some specials, I knew because I had received an e-mail ad. When I went there, there was nothing to indicate that the special dishes were being offered at attractive prices and the waiters had to explain to diners who visited the place attracted by the fair. The food was excellent and the service was good, but the management was not up to the task.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time and foodvernlaDined on 7/19/2014We really enjoy the food and service. Good value. House salad and perch dinner excellant. Great wine choices and excellent mixed drinks. (Manhattan)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BNvilleDined on 7/13/2014Food and service were good! We enjoyed a nice quiet early dinner before going to Detroit to see a play. We have been to Rocky's before and it has a pretty consistent product.Special Features:
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2014I've always had good experiences here, but hadn't been there in a long time. Took my girlfriend there for her bday dinner and we were very happy with both the service and the food. No long wait times either. Would enjoy going again, but this restaurant seems fit for special occasions.Special Features:
- once again, amazinglennygDined on 6/21/2014After our last visit I, figured that everything couldn't be that perfect again. Well I was wrong. The food was delicious and the service was once again, outstanding. Our server ,Shanda, was very attentive and made our dining experience extremely enjoyable. She let us relax and enjoy every moment of our meal. You can bet on our next visit we are going to make sure we get Shanda to be our server.Special Features:
- NM99Dined on 6/21/2014I would not recommend Rocky's to anyone. The food was mediocre and the service was poor. We had to ask repeatedly for condiments and the Greek salad was ordered with chicken but the chicken was missing. The first excuse was the chef forgot the chicken, when it finally came the excuse was someone else took your salad. Really we could have found an Olga's and had better food!
- Copper River SalmonHAC67VIPDined on 6/20/2014The Copper River Salmon is running at Rocky's. It is outstanding We highly recomend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally Delicious Food!Love2dineDined on 6/18/2014Everything that we had to eat was superb; from the bread and soup to the main entree. I can honestly say that the steak that I had was the best steak that I have ever eaten in any restaurant. The waitress was very friendly, personable, and attentive. I will definitely be back and have told several others about my wonderful dining experience at Rocky's.Special Features:
- Solid Food Every Timefox43Dined on 6/15/2014We have been here a few times. The seafood is always good and I was very happy with the quality of the steak I had most recently. The staff is knowledgeable and makes great suggestions based on what you tell them your likes and dislikes are. We dine out every weekend and this is one of the restuarants in our regular rotation.Special Features:
- Absolutely the bestlennygDined on 6/7/2014We've been there many times before but this was definately our best experience to date. The food was exceptional and the service was top notch. Our server Shanda was what made this experience great. The calamari, fresh oysters and salmon pate' was very very good. Definately going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocky's rocks!gorockyDined on 6/4/2014Great food, excellent service, very friendly and neighborly, but the noise level did not allow for good conversation (there was a long party table right next to us). All in all, a fine restaurant with varied food selections. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive food and menujdsquaredVIPDined on 6/1/2014We have not been to Rockys in a while and I have to say all of the six meals that we ordered were fantastic. The service was very attentive. We will be back sooner rather than later. The whitefish and salmon were outstanding.Special Features:
- used GrouponHAC67VIPDined on 5/31/2014Always a great spot for my wife and I. This time we had a Groupon and the waitress was very vell versed on it no issues everything was supper goodSpecial Features:
- Old reliable.DaddeeoDined on 5/24/2014Rocky's is a very reliable neighborhood restaurant. Menu could use a tweak though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 492 reviews are from the Rocky's of Northville reviews archive.
- THIS ISN'T WHAT I EXPECTEDsteak2dieforDined on 5/17/2014A loud crash and soup went everywhere. Moving people to different tables. A lot of noise. Restaurant was cold, asked for the air or fan to be turned off, never happened, but all women it the area had on sweaters and jackets while they ate. My daughter ordered her meat medium rare to medium, would prefer medium rare, it came out well done, waited for our waitress to return, she didn't come back until we were done with our food, no one refilled our waters until we were done with our food. Kind of a big disappointment. We were there to celebrate our daughter and son in laws anniversary and left trying to figure out another steak house we could go to after Memorial Day weekend to make up for this dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerrobertjuliepDined on 5/17/2014We have been to Rocky's before but had not been their lately. The quality of the food is great and it is good value for the money. The service was attentive but not intrusive. We will definitely go again and not wait as long to return next time.Special Features:
- Service as great as the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/17/2014Sadie was our server. Her upbeat and smiling service makes us want to come back again. The filet was exceptional. Even though it's a large restaurant, the walls are postioned and there is very little noise. It's a very popular restaurant so reservations are a must.Special Features:
- Well-prepared standard fareintofoodVIPDined on 5/4/2014Huge place with standard American fare that is reasonably well prepared. Considering that it is a mass production facility, the food is quite good and tasty with fresh ingredients. Service however is below average with wrong orders in both food and drinks being brought forth by spacy wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Happy!!!jenteachermomVIPDined on 5/4/2014We have been very disappointed that past few times going to Rocky's of Northville. Service has been poor and food portions miserably unequal. All of us had the same main course and each of us had different amounts of food. Not going back for quite some time.
- Rocky'sRockyDined on 5/2/2014Very nice tried with a groupon and took two friends who happened to frequent there. Was very good ambiance, service and food, very good rolls.Special Features:
- Fun nightJimboDined on 4/26/2014Read about rockys for a while. Finally made it there, kind of thanks to groupon. Both dinners were really good.loved the duck dinner. Scallops were very good also. Started with appetizer of crab cakes that were very good also. Waitress was perfect also. Really enjoyed the dinner experience here.Special Features:
- YummyjenteachermomVIPDined on 4/26/2014Love Rocky's! We always look forward to dining with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!!jenteachermomVIPDined on 4/20/2014Love me some Rocky's!!! Food is excellent. Our family enjoys heading to Northville regularly to visit Rocky's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemAngelaDined on 4/12/2014Always forget about Rocky's since I don't drive past it often - yet when we go, always have an excellent meal. Their seafood is fantastic! 6 different dishes ordered from our group - catfish, trout, perch, beef tips, pork and steak - everyone was more than satisfied! (And of course the bread is always delish!!)Special Features: