Rocky Point Restaurant
36700 Highway 1
Carmel, CA 93923Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Rocky Point Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rockypointrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (831) 624-2933
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Daily 11:00am-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant
- Private Party Facilities: Whether celebrating a special occasion with family and friends or making an impression for a corporate event, Rocky Point Restaurant can accommodate your private dining needs.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Coordinator 8666817508
- Entertainment: Occasional Acoustic Sets
A word from Rocky Point Restaurant
This Big Sur icon has been a dining and drinks tradition for over 60-years (est. 1947) Located just off the famous “Scenic California Highway-1" (12 minutes drive from Carmel-by-the-Sea) Rocky Point Restaurant is located a short 2 hrs. South of San Francisco. It is the ideal stop for tours originating from Los Angeles or San Francisco heading up or down the Coast. A Feast for All The Senses -Great food and Spectacular Views- Spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean as you sit perched cliff-side; either inside through panoramic windows next to a cozy fireplace or outside on our open-air deck. Catch a glimpse of playful sea-otters, dolphins, seals, and even whales. Some have even spotted large fins cutting the waves, as great-white sharks cruise the kelp beds. We invite you to pay us a visit and enjoy Californian hospitality! The freshest seafood (right out of Monterey Bay), Steaks, Salads & Fresh Vegetables (grown locally), Full Bar and Award Winning Monterey County wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rocky Point Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (24)great for outdoor dining (22)romantic (15)special occasion (15)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (8)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- nonameVIPDined on 11/16/2014Had a very pleasant lunch outside. Both the Crab Sliders and Salmon Ravioli were very good. They have just expanded the outdoor dining so there are now a large number of outdoor tables. The original area is dog friendly but if you would prefer not to eat with pets underfoot, the new area would be your preferred location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally!WineauDined on 11/11/2014We've dined at Rocky Point often over the years, mainly because of it's lovely location on cliffs overlooking the Pacific. Doesn't matter if it's sunny or stormy, the view is always spectacular. Having said this, we were so pleased to finally have a delicious meal, as the food has always been mediocre in the past. The beet salad with prawns and the crab cake sliders were fabulous! A lot has been done to spruce things up in the past year too, which is nice to see, as the former owners had let it get very run-down. We noticed some new firepits outside the dining area to the north.Special Features:
- Upgraded Local SpotBearmysterDined on 11/3/2014Many locals are celebrating the new ownership and management - upgraded food and service in an unbelievable setting. Billy Lee, the new GM has already done wonders with the place and he has lots more planned, I hear. Can't wait. It will become a regular destination again.Special Features:
- Just keeps getting betterkareneVIPDined on 11/2/2014The menu is good, service is good. Setting is stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is MUCH better. Delicious!kareneVIPDined on 10/18/2014As carmel highlands residents. RP has always been a favorite for the views but until the new management took over we never looked forward to the food. Now we do, especially the seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonameVIPDined on 10/5/2014Wonderful setting. Classic California Coast. Food was very good. Amazing beet salad and wonderful crab sliders. Server was a bit over the top trying to be friendly. It came across as forced and phony.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drivecentralcoastfoodie58Dined on 10/4/2014We enjoy going to Rocky Point Restaurant on a regular basis and drive down from San Jose to do so. The food is always good. Service is usually good and consistent. Wait staff friendly and professional. The outdoor dining is great. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a romantic dinner at sunset. Last Saturday's dinner and sunset were incredible!!Special Features:
- LuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 9/21/2014Beautiful view of the Pacific while enjoying an excellent brunch of Spinach Quiche ,Eggs Benedict and Salmon Benedict accompanied by Mimosas and Bellinis ! Definitely will do again !Special Features:
- Gorgeous & DeliciousPVB7VIPDined on 9/13/2014It's gotten exponentially better since the new owner took over Rocky Point and with each visit this restaurant keeps improving. The only thing that doesn't get better is the view because you cannot improve perfection. You will enjoy the beet salad followed by the scallops, freshly caught Monterey Bay salmon or the lobster raviolis, we did. Excellent and attentive service. Elegant and rustic.Special Features:
- The amazing vista is not allcodycoleDined on 9/5/2014The food is very good too! Whether you eat outdoors or in depends on the weather, but the view is truly amazing, and so was the grilled Pacific Salmon I ate. It was served unusually on a bed of white, red, blue, and green cauliflower and a pumpkin puree. I shall return!Special Features:
- Spectacular viewAroundsoundVIPDined on 8/30/2014In the past the view has overshadowed the food but we found our sunset hamburgers to be wonderful this time out and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Can't beat the view!Lov2eatwellDined on 8/18/2014This is a wonderful restaurant on Highway 1, overlooking some of the most spectacular California Coast. We were greeted by friendly staff, and taken to our table outside to enjoy the ocean view, look for whales, and lose ourselves in the serenity. The wait staff were very friendly and helpful, and they were knowledgeable of the menu. Our meals arrived fresh, hot, and delicious. Their wine menu had a wide selection by the glass and by the bottle. The 4 of us enjoyed seared ahi, salmon, gnocchi with crab meat, and a fantastic bacon burger with Monterrey jack cheese. I highly recommend you visit this California Gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We make this a destination outing.JAMdinesoutDined on 8/16/2014Since changing ownership, ambience, and menu, this has become one of our favorite destination dining experience.Special Features:
- Pacific view hard to beatLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014This old restaurant has been renovated recently and is one of the few restaurants in this area right on the water . The view couldn't be better . We watched whales play as we enjoyed our lunch ! What a show ! The service is very friendly although our lunch arrived and the appetizer we ordered had been forgotten . Great burger and BLT on sourdough but some in our group ordered the crab sliders and said they wouldn't recommend them .Special Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the Rocky Point Restaurant reviews archive.
- susieqsusieqDined on 5/15/2014The restaurant is lovely, the view is incredible, the service was outstanding and the food was mediocre. We will go back again sometime just for the great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Lunch With MomDooleyGreen24Dined on 4/30/2014Drove my Mom down to Rocky Point during our little heat wave. We sat on the deck and basked in the beauty. Our server was Grace. She was warm friendly and informative. I had the Reuben and my 85 year old Mom had the seafood salad sandwich. Both were excellent and the french fries are the best. All the staff was friendly and helpful. Just a perfect lunch, thank you!Special Features: