Rockwell Table and Stage
1714 N. Vermont
Los Angeles, CA 90027Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rockwell Table and Stage
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rockwell-la.com/
- Phone: 3236616163
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm
Table & Stage: Sunday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10;30pm, Fri - Sat 5:30pm - 11:30 pm
Patio: Sunday -Thursday 4pm - 12 midnight, Fri and Sat 4pm to 2am
Patio Brunch: Sat & Sun 10am-3pm
Happy Hour on Patio: Monday-Sunday 3:00pm-8:00pm
Late Night Patio: 10pm to 12am Sunday thru Thursday
Bar: Open til 2am Nightly
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Martin Gonzales
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Catering, Event-Planning & Staffing service available.
Please visit crumblecatering.com for details and contact info.
- Private Party Facilities: Private facilities available for groups of 20-800 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Wayne Elias 3236616163
- Entertainment: Please visit www.rockwell-la.com
- Special Events: Check out our patio, 2 Story open air dining
holds 400 people plus lower and upper bar
A word from Rockwell Table and Stage
Rockwell Table and Stage is an upscale restaurant, patio, bar lounge and show room located in Los Feliz Village minutes away from Hollywood. Featuring a diverse menu of steaks, curries and fresh local fish to innovative small plates, artisanal flatbread pizzas a full cocktail bar, locals, seasoned diners all enjoy the eclectic atmosphere, spectacular food and friendly service. Lunch weekdays on our Patio from 11:30am to 3pm, and dinners nightly with our evening guests having the choice between Table and Stage (5:30 to 8pm) or our Patio 4pm to closing, Rockwell Table and Stage offers something for everyone. Our dinner theater opens nightly in Table and Stage at 7pm, with a variety of cabaret style performances, musical events and comedy shows. Saturday and Sunday, brunch is served on the Patio beginning at 10am. Perfect for intimate dinners or large groups, Rockwell Table and Stage and Patio can accommodate your every need. Check out or website at www.rockwell-la.com .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rockwell Table and Stage reviews from OpenTable diners
- I think that the lunchtimeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2013I think that the lunchtime experience is very different from the dinner experience.Special Features:
- PROS and CONSOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013PROS: ~very cute space ~The eggs benedict were good, but skip the hard body eggs which were bland and not as exciting as the description says ~The server, Teo, was really friendly ~The host who seated us was accommodating and nice---he even found us a table close to a heat lamp as we wanted CONS: ~We entered a dark empty restaurant and weren't greeted by anybody until we wandered to the back outside. Maybe have a greeter present at door or perhaps provide another entrance if the front restaurant is closed? ~I thought it odd that there was a DJ during Easter brunch and was thinking maybe entertainment more suited for the holiday would be better. ~No refills allowed with soft drinks, although it's nice the server informed us upon orSpecial Features:
- A party of five went for amalibucaptainDined on 3/25/2013A party of five went for a 91st birthday dinner. The restaurant was very understaffed. The bartender was our server and waiter. The service was slow at best, not our waiter's fault though. He was overwhelmed. I will say our food was good. The cushions at our table were so worn out, I had a hard time eating. I'm 6' tall. My mother had to move to a chair. Overall there was nothing remarkable about our dinner.
- We were there for Sunday brunch.JCCLACAVIPDined on 3/24/2013We were there for Sunday brunch. The service was efficient and friendly and we enjoyed the food. I like the atmosphere and that there is a DJ, however, for brunch and wanting to carry on a conversation it was a little loud. I have been here for dinner and will def return.Special Features:
- Fun place great foodMarkBDined on 3/23/2013Lots of great small plates, happy hour prices and drinks, too, before 8:00 p.m. Really a fun place to eat and drink a little or a lot. Also, our server was very nice and helpful.Special Features:
- great date placesatisfiedDined on 3/22/2013My boyfriend and I had a great date, the food was good I had the shortrib it was very tender, he had the salmon, his only complaint was the portion was not enough for him, but it was good. the mac and cheese was to die for. The ambiance was outstanding I love the open space with the tree. i will be back for the live entertainment.Special Features:
- Was a bit scared after readingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013Was a bit scared after reading many reviews but I thought it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food has gone down hill overdhartVIPDined on 3/9/2013Food has gone down hill over the last few months. My pasta dish was soggy and had no flavor. My husband had the Chicken Picatta sandwich, and there was nothing "Picatta" about it.....it was just a fried chicken breast. My friend had the margarita flatbread which she couldn't eat because it just wasn't good. My other friend ordered a burger which he ordered medium, it came very rare, then when it came back it was very well-done. The only redeeming part of the meal was dessert, the cookie is too die for.Special Features:
- Great drinks/pours, thereJessika72VIPDined on 3/7/2013Great drinks/pours, there was a show the night I went, which was really fun. I was not a fan of the food, but I ordered something I didnt think i would like!Special Features:
- Love this place. AlthoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/3/2013Love this place. Although the food and the ambiance are outstanding, the music at this Sunday brunch was way too loud and bouncy.Special Features:
- Hostess dismissive and cold,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/16/2013Hostess dismissive and cold, server same - the only time in our entire experience that she was attentive was to pick up her tip. Drinks expensive, took to long and just too sweet. More of a night club ambiance than for dining.Special Features:
- AWESOME PLACE, beware of serverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013It was a wonderful restaurant. There was a VIP party on one side up in the outdoor loft, and a jazz jam on the other. FANTASTIC. But we sadly had a bad server. I have served before and know the "tricks of the trade" and she pulled out the lazy cards on my table. I was not impressed. She even lost one of her signed receipts and chased us down as we were leaving. My friend being nice, then agreed to go through and empty out her purse to look for this receipt that she had sworn she had signed and left on the table. Five minutes of waiting later, the server found the receipt on the floor as it had fallen when she was walking around with it. It was an unprofessional end to her already unprofessional service.Special Features:
- We went here due to Dine LA,RobUDined on 1/25/2013We went here due to Dine LA, surprised it was the former Vermont, the site of my wife's and my first date 8 years ago. I like what they've done to the outside, with bar and multi-level, cool decor. The food was excellent, some things we plan to have again and some others we want to try in the future. The service was fine, but inconsistent, sometimes getting a great deal of service, other times, seemingly ignored. Not terrible, but could have some room for improvement.Special Features:
- The reason I came here wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013The reason I came here was I saw the listing on dineLA. I wanted to try something new and closer to home, so I figured why not. The osso bucco I tried was very good, meat was so tender. I rarely had to use my knife. Everything else was alright for me. Nothing too flashy and trendy but worth taking the time to sit down and have a bite. I would come back to try something else, just don't know what yet.Special Features:
- ConfusingDisappointingVIPDined on 12/30/2012We loved Vermont and the live stage show, but now that they have combined the two it is very confusing for dinner reservation (even to them. The food is still good, but not as good as it was when it was just Vermont. The stage show is still outstanding and worth the confusion, so go for the show but don’t expect the same outstanding menu that they use to have.
- Beautiful patio and we oftenGourmetVIPDined on 12/15/2012Beautiful patio and we often go when it is warm. They do have heaters but felt a little chillySpecial Features:
- The ambiance at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/11/2012The ambiance at this restaurant is beautiful & the food ranged from eh to excellent- the highlights being the squash ravioli & warm cookie for dessert. Unfortunately, the service was atrocious. First of all it was seat yourself which was a bit odd since I had made a reservation. The waitress was pleasant but as the meal went on she disappeared all together & then I saw her in the corner on her phone. In fact I saw lots of employees on their phones & one was texting and even rolled her eyes at us when we asked where our dessert was after waiting for 30 minutes. The same employee took my unfinished glass of wine without asking. The bill took FOREVER to come & there was no apology for our long wait. Due to the rude staff I won't be returning.
- We have been here severalNancyBDined on 12/1/2012We have been here several times in the past and enjoyed it, maybe this was just an off night? The food was tasty, but we had to eat in the bar, and the service was terrible. The servers seemed to be working as a team, without communicating with each other. When the bill for our table of two came, a tip/service charge had been added, without giving us the option to decide how much to add. It was dark and noisy and I wonder how many guests have just glanced at the total and double tipped? I am not cheap, but that seemed a bit deceptive to add a service charge without telling us. I hope after construction they get it together again.
- The service and ambiance wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012The service and ambiance were good, but the food itself was overpriced and below par. I had the "wild alaskan salmon"which I'd bet good money was not wild salmon but farmed salmon, judging on the quality of the meat. If it *was* wild salmon, then how they cooked it is even worse than I thought. The salmon was bland, overcooked, and even though I'm no great cook, I could easily do much better at home. The sides were fine, but nothing great. Considering the quality of the food, I thought the prices were way too high.
- I really enjoy the experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2012I really enjoy the experience. Great indoor patio and service. The food doesn't fit my taste ( the fish too fried, the onion rings too sweet) but was quite good. A little bit overpriced.Special Features:
- Dining on the patio seemsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2012Dining on the patio seems to be "stop-gap" to keep open while the dining room is being renovated. Was initially given a table by the bar that was so loud that we could not hear the hostess when she tried to seat us. Service was uneven for it seemed no one knew who had our station or they were juggling between people. Food was not up the usual Vermont standards. One plate the meat was done perfectly, but the vegetables were under done. On another, the opposite. At that point we just wanted to finish dinner and leave. Would not recommend this restaurant until their dining room has reopened. All in all, disappointing dining experience.
- We saw the Scorsese show,JustMeVIPDined on 10/25/2012We saw the Scorsese show, which was great. It was out 2nd time seeing it. Liked the first cast we saw much better though.Special Features:
- confusing set up with 2 foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2012confusing set up with 2 food venues and a supper show thing with or without required purchase and drinks... they never would tell us ..
- I made the reservation knowingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2012I made the reservation knowing nothing about the restaurant except it's proximity to the Greek Theater. I was extremely impressed. I would absolutely return to this place. (Even close enough for Pantages) The food was very good. Menue appears to be appetizers, sandwiches, and salads but they were very accomodating. The staff was delightful. They have Valet parking. They are part of the dine N ride program to shuttle people to and from the Greek. I did not use it because the night I was there it was sold out, so it seems to be very popular.Special Features:
- I thought I had reserved aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012I thought I had reserved a ride to the Greek with my dinner reservation, but I learned the day of - that is separate. It is confusing on your website - does not state to book separately. In addition, I had booked (on line) a dinner reservation, but was treated second rate since I did not have the "dine and ride" reservation. The food service was very slow- our food finally arrived and we had to rush to leave for the show. Lastly - the restaurant was very hard to find - not good directions in front on Vermont about how to get in through the alley.
- Absolutely impeccable restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2012Absolutely impeccable restaurant. Great service, yummy food, wonderful ambiance.Special Features:
- Inside while watching thedhartVIPDined on 8/4/2012Inside while watching the show our original waiter decided he didn't want to wait on us because we had already dined outside on their patio. I guess once he realized we would only be ordering coffees, we were no longer worth his time. Luckily one of the waiters took over for him. Outside, the waiter was very nice. A little hard to track down at times but none-the-less a good waiter. The shows are always great.
- Had to change restaurant venueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2012Had to change restaurant venue because Vermont Kitchen and Bar was remodeling. An update on the website would have allowed me to avoid the trip.
- The restaurant was open duringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012The restaurant was open during renovations and was in a complete state of disrepair. The service was awful. Appetizers were brought to our table while we still had our menus, so we were left to stack them on the edge of the table. Our appetizers plates were not promptly removed from the table when we were finished with them which forced us to stack them on top of one another on top of the stack of menus. The whole table was a cluttered mess. The main dishes took forever to come out and the seared tuna and double-cut porkchop were overcooked. The short ribs and appetizers were delicious. This used to be one of my favorite restaurants but I will never go there again.
- Amazing place to go for dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012Amazing place to go for dinner, and a show! Check out Show at Barre!Special Features:
- Little gem destroyedAkguptaDined on 5/5/2012This wonderful restaurant is being transformed into a performance space. If you loved the old Vermont then you will be truly disappointed. It is being converted into a loud space where conversations will be impossible. Their desire is to get diners out by 9 pm so that they can get people in for the perfoances. Since people generally drink more at such venues, one can see the motivation. I personally disappointed.
- GemiloveDined on 5/3/2012Had to wait a bit for or table despite our reservation but didn't mind because thd drinks were good. And then it was worth the wait.Special Features:
- Very helpful service bothmpskitchenDined on 5/3/2012Very helpful service both in choosing from the menu and in getting us out in time for our event later that night. Even the small plates tasty and filling - good value. Main restaurant being renovated, so we dined on the covered outdoor patio, which was OK, but a bit chilly.Special Features:
- New Trendy Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/30/2012The front restaurant is being turned into the new theater/stage area for Barre VT. However, the back-of-house restaurant & bar will remain and is sensational ... food, ambience, etc.!Special Features:
- As always everything was great,DisappointingVIPDined on 4/28/2012As always everything was great, and the show after dinner was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Extremely slow service, evenBelAirVIPDined on 4/12/2012Extremely slow service, even though the restaurant was nearly empty. A cabaret show started up next door towards the end making it difficult to talk. The food was pretty boring, but the wines by the glass were nice.
- Lunch at Vermont a DisasterPattiDined on 4/12/2012Haven't been to Vermont lately but thought it as a gem of the neighborhood and it was. Not anymore.The front windows, once pristine were now etched with gang tags and it looked like management had no intention of replacing them. Place was empty for lunch except for an farewell business lunch seated at a long table making speeches as though in a private room. There was no one to seat us, no maitre-de to accept the reservation I had made online. A waiter appeared and I told him my name and he was dismissive and said, "just sit anywhere" highlighting the otherwise empty room. The white butcher paper meant to protect the white table clothes was unchanged and stained on most tables. We picked the least stained table and sat down.
- Great service and good food,gmccallumiiDined on 4/11/2012Great service and good food, with the nice option of ending the evening with a cocktail on the back patio.Special Features:
- We went to Vermont KitchenHammyVIPDined on 4/8/2012We went to Vermont Kitchen & Bar for Easter Brunch after a recommendation from opentable.com. The food was delish! My only disappointment was that the mimosas were not bottomless in our section. Turns out...there's a fab patio outback full of drinking and music. I sort of wish we had sat there.Special Features:
- The sablefish, salmon andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2012The sablefish, salmon and the best salad were all excellent!Special Features: