RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen
10250 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90067Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rocksugarpanasiankitchen.com/
- Phone: 3105529988x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Mohan Ismail
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour is every day from 4-6:30PM in the courtyard and bar areas.
- Special Events: RockSugar has multiple spaces available for private parties and large party bookings. Please contact the Event Coordinator at PrivateEvents@RockSugarPanAsianKitchen.com or call 310.552.9988.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is located in the Westfield parking structure and is complimentary for the first 3 hours with validation.
Valet is also available and is located on Santa Monica Boulevard. RockSugar also validates valet, making it $12 per vehicle (normally $21).
A word from RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen
RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen is the first restaurant of its kind in L.A. An upscale casual destination from eminent restaurateur David Overton and Singapore-raised, New York-trained chef Mohan Ismail (Spice Market, Tabla, Blue Hill), RockSugar showcases the cuisines of Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and India. Drawing upon memories of family meals his mother made, chef Mohan folds in his vast culinary experience to bring together the exhilarating tastes of a half-dozen Southeast Asian nations. Dishes are served Asian family-style to create an atmosphere that encourages sharing & conversation. RockSugar, which takes its name from an ingredient used by Asian chefs, features a full bar with an extensive wine list and exotic cocktails and an onsite bakery where it creates fresh-made desserts that infuse French flair with Asian-influence. Please Note: Online reservations are available for parties up to 6 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Century City ›
RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (110)special occasion (103)fit for foodies (101)great for lunch (89)romantic (70)neighborhood gem (58)great for outdoor dining (52)hot spot (51)vibrant bar scene (28)kid-friendly (24)late-night find (22)great for brunch (19)scenic view (17)notable wine list (10)Show More
- Forgot about this wonderful spotNOTAHAPPYCAMPERVIPDined on 9/26/2014We never think of going to this restaurant and we live close by It is just delicious and we must keep it in our rotation. Food and service above average!!! Give it a trySpecial Features:
- Believe the hype!TheAlphaCriticDined on 9/26/2014the dining experience met and even exceeded my expectations. From the time we were greeted by the host and hostess and the excellent service from the waiting and dining staff the afternoon meeting/dining experience was really amazing! The fusion of all the food combinations on my palate facilitated by the ginger Margarita I had was simply delightful. Many claim they have the best Chilean sea bass, I wouldn't believe any of that hype until you've indulged it at Rock Sugar! It's one of the top two in the city! It's flavor and texture just leaves you wanting more. In addition to the food selections, the ambiance is perfect and complemented by the dining experience created by the entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining at RockSugarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Michael Matt, our waiter had excellent recommendations to our menu selections and knew his stuff. Food was incredible and service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Love coming here for their lunch special, their 2 and 3 course meal is a great deal and a way to try different dishes. I had the caramel chicken with grilled onions. Very good!Special Features:
- Still putting out great food & expSD4BrianVIPDined on 9/21/2014RockSugar is one of those places I don't get to visit often but every time I do I think to myself why didn't it's parent Cheesecake Factory expand on this concept to other markets. It's really quite good, nice environment and fantastic cocktail menu. I look forward to dining there again and would select this over Cheesecake Factory any daySpecial Features:
- Little china :)Love2dineDined on 9/20/2014Loved it very beautiful decor inside feels like your in another country doesn't feel like your in the of LA LOL VERY ROMANTIC. The food was great our waiter was awesome helped us out with drinks what's good and what food to order he suggested the appetizers where good specially the calamari was breaded so good and everythn else. I would definitely come back again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceWestsideDinerDined on 9/20/2014The lighting and decor are unique. Our server was attentive and helpful with suggestions on what to try. The food was tasty, and the banana cake was as good as everyone said on Yelp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guilty Pleasure1ProudMomDined on 9/19/2014Tried lots of things on the menu! All good! Amazing drinks!!!! Amazing!!! Couldn't help it we both got seperste desserts just so we could see of that fantastic flavor carried over to our meal ending! Guys if you want to impress the lady for the evening..... TAKE HER!! You will get major cool points! Can't wait to go back ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dinner hereLad50VIPDined on 9/17/2014Had a thoroughly enjoyable dinner experience at Rock Sugar. We ordered a variety of dishes to share and everything was really great. Super blend of tastes and textures. Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaHJerseyDined on 9/16/2014The interior was really cool. The food was very tasty, served hot, and was a large portion.Special Features:
- Great food, beautiful room!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014We had lunch at RockSugar because we were on the hunt for delicious dumplings, and man did we find them. We also found a beautiful, comfortable main dining room and really nice patio area. The dumplings, short ribs and summer rolls are not to be missed! Definitely recommend RockSugar if you are looking for a tastey lunch or dinner experience. (service was good, too!)Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I dined here this past Friday and enjoyed this restaurant tremendously. We had the prix menu for $39 each and each course was excellent. I also loved the cucumber martini. Our server was Natalie. She was extremely pleasant and guided us through the entire menu. Will definitely return !!Special Features:
- Awesomepattiluv2eatDined on 9/5/2014The ambiance was perfect. The best place to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday.Special Features:
- Business LunchVeroStradaVIPDined on 8/26/2014Did the prix fixe menu which is a great value. Started w the calamari - the serving is SO SMALL, I barely had any because I wanted to save some for my guest. Second app was chicken samosas, I could've had 4 more, they were SO GOOD! Got the green curry chicken and shrimp with veggies w/brown and jasmine rice. Had enough curry left for leftovers so that was a plus! Dessert coconut donuts w passion fruit syrup, AMAZING. The only thing is that I was on a tight schedule and while the food was great and service impeccable, it was all too slow for my liking, I like to be done within an hour and it took almost two hours.Special Features:
- ExcellentKKKKDined on 8/23/2014I hadn't been to RockSugar in several years and was hoping it hadn't changed as I took family that had not been there before (and I had been raving about it). I was so pleased to find that it's still fabulous. The food and service are the best. The portions were perfect for four people allowing everyone to taste everything. We had appetizers with our cocktails and then the main dinner. Everyone was pleasantly full without feeling stuffed, so we split a dessert (which was the perfect amount). Another plus is that you aren't just given a waiter/waitress for your table. They have enough staff so you don't have empty plates sitting around and you don't have to look around for your server if you need something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular with family and friendsDenaDined on 8/23/2014I am a repeat customer at Rock Sugar. I eat there with friends at lunch and with family and guests at diner. My adult children and grand children always request a visit whenever they are in town. It has not disappointed me or my guests over the years.Special Features:
- RockSugarBenQuteDined on 8/23/2014One of my favorite place to hang out w my friends with delicious food, amazing ambiance and excellent service!!Special Features:
- Exellent restaurantbbqfanaticDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed everything from the staff at the front to the waiter and servers. Food was excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service & ambienceprime959Dined on 8/17/2014This was my first visit to RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen. Our server was Nick, who was great because he was quick attentive and on the spot. The food was delicious since it came hot straight from the kitchen. The restaurant also has great ambience. Overall I really enjoyed my visit and I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Perfect Date Night!urbanglamgyrlDined on 8/16/2014We arrived to the restaurant 30 minutes early for our reservation, however they were able to still seat us right away. The service was fast and our waiter was very attentive. We ordered the Tasting Menu and everything was delicious! My fiance was so impressed and could not stop talking about how good the food was. We were seated in a quiet area and it was a perfect evening out. We are looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- no buenohuskyla27VIPDined on 8/16/2014Rocksugar is trying so hard to be a destination restaurant. Over the top decor that made me feel like I was going on a ride at Disneyland but I didn't have much fun. Server stressed that the foods is meant to be shared, no way you can share a dish, they're so small. Very high prices for what you receive. Nothing was amazing. The Green curry was bland. Thai noodles were bland. Actually everything was bland. Use some spices. Add some flavor. I hate to say this but if rather eat at PF Chang's.
- Never disappointingskluvsfoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014Each time I've come here to eat, it's been great. We recommend the tasting menu if you want a variety and bring an appetite as it's a lot of food.Special Features:
- Rocksugar Lunch ExperienceChazbroDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to Rocksugar after a friend suggested we try it. Decor and atmosphere was very nice. The service was a little slow and spotty. (The table seated next to us after we were seated had hot hand towels brought to them right away. We had to ask for ours). The drinks were good, but took a long time to get. The portions are large and the presentation of each dish is excellent. The food is good, but not memorable. It is a place that is worth trying, but probably won't be on my 'must repeat' list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Restaurant, Great FoodmatthewucsdDined on 8/14/2014We always enjoy coming to RockSugar for the atmosphere and the food. The restaurant is very tastefully heavily themed and doesn't feel like the obnoxiousness of other themed restaurants like Rainforest Cafe or Hard Rock Cafe. This is a higher end restaurant so a less tacky experience is expected. We always do the tasting menu and it is such a bargain. The portions are great and you get to taste so much of the menu. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Delish!catbirdDined on 8/13/2014The interior of the restaurant is beautiful with lighting, high ceilings and carved wooden doors. Loved the meat skewers with peanut sauce appetizer and the banana brulee' cake is amazingly delicious. The snapper with noodles for the entree was good, but not as good as I'd hoped. It was a lot of food. My doggie bag somehow got lost, so that was a disappointment. Service was very friendly and helpful. (thank you, Anthony!) I would definitely go again and try other yummy sounding entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceJerryDined on 8/13/2014We visited RockSugar on a visit to LA this week. The food, which was a melange of a number of Asian cuisines, was outstanding. Our meal started with their glazed back rib appetizer. It was sweet, tangy, meaty and downright delicious. The crispy calamari was average and not particularly unusual. After the appetizers we had butter chicken which was superb. Our dessert was a carmalized banana custard on top of what seemed like some kind of cake and a large scoop of ice cream. It was to die for. Michael P. our waiter deserves special commendation. He was very helpful, attentive and one of the best servers we have experienced anywhere. The only disappointment was the ambiance. The room was downright ugly. A poor imitation of an Asian temple.Special Features:
- Delicious fusion fareSnowydayDined on 8/13/2014I would support RockSugar on their wings alone! Delicious. Co workers, friends, family love it. Some dishes are better than others. Lunch menu is nice and affordable. Service wanes as more patrons get seated but water glass was always full. Validation is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodMommyof3Dined on 8/8/2014My husband and I had wanted to check this place out for a while and we were pleased with the food. We ordered Crispy imperial rolls, Thai noodles with shrimp, shaking beef and Indonesian Grilled Shrimp. We debated on dessert but ended up ordering the butter cake. As we waited for our food everything that passed by our table smelled delicious. We will definitely go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but over-pricedLAEpicureanDined on 8/7/2014Our family of four went to RS for dinner when my daughter visited from East Coast. Ambiance is nice not too outlandish. Food choices span the Far East. We ordered Indonesian Shrimp - nicely grilled; tasty and succulent - very pricey. The Thai veggie green curry was a hit with my Mom; she enjoyed it. Eggplant Sambal was a disappointment. And the Festive Rice, while there was a flourish in the presentation, we found it to be a bit too greasy and sweet for our taste. Banana cake dessert was good. Service was so so. Appears that the waiter had too many tables to cover - always seemed to be in a hurry and not to easy to get his attention. Overall, an okay place for those once in a blue moon occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv the foodillbebackDined on 8/6/2014Nice sceanery very clasdy spot.had a relaxing time wit a friend. Good spot to relax with fire grill on table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMaestro1Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent service, very reasonably priced and great food.Special Features:
- nothappyDined on 8/2/2014We were very disappointed in the food. Every dish tasted like the previous one and we ordered a verity from potstickers,noodles vegetable and,fish. The food was served so quickly that we could not finish one dish before the next arrived. Our martinis were served warm. Not a happy experience.Special Features:
- Not satisfiedPearlDined on 8/1/2014Booking done through Open Table. Received 2 email confirmations. Called Rock Sugar Friday evening to reconfirm. did not have the reservation showing up at their end. Spoke to Rachel requested for round table. Rachel took the request but brushed me off the line as quickly as she could. Service was average, we had guests from out of town. Order not taken correctly. Ordered two shrimp curries, just one entree arrived among the 6 of us. had to wait for another one to arrive after placing the order one more time. remaining entrees trickled in. Waiter took time taking our order after serving appetizers. We have been to Rock Sugar many times since it opened, but this time it was a let down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEVEDined on 8/1/2014The food was excellent. I would return for sure. A little bit noisy though.Special Features:
- Very Nice Once AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/29/2014This time I began with the Spiced Beef-Stuffed Flatbread. It was decent. The Vietnamese Noodle Bowl was served with an egg roll and a light, but very flavorful sauce. I really, really enjoyed this bowl and egg roll! I had a nice gingery cocktail as well. I believe it was called Lychee Mule.Special Features:
- Great WaiterBarcapnettDined on 7/28/2014My hubby and I just stopped in for a quick celebratory drink after some good news. I've eaten here several times. It's always good. This time around, we just had appetizers, they were good, but not as good as some of the excellent dinner entrees I've had here. But all in all, we had a great little spot to ourselves to have our celebratory drinks. It was perfect for what we wanted at the time. Our waiter was terrific. always good service here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SCFoodieDined on 7/27/2014The best complete meal I've had to date. Pork belly bun was my favorite! Banana cake was also fantastic! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DineLA spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014The ambiance and food are really great and the our server was in tune with whatever we needed. I love that they give you a hot towel to wash your hands prior to the meal. Because we did DineLA we had to order our appetizer and meal at the same time, which was fine, but the transition from appetizer to entree was a little long, other then that everything was great. They also have happy hour on the weekend, but you have to sit at the bar to get it, so that was kind of a bummer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014I came here for DineLA and ordered the spicy Hanoi style Red Snapper dish with green onions for the entree. I think the turmeric in the fish, although it complemented the green onions well, was overpowering; it tasted a little bitter and grainy. The fish was cooked well (not under or over cooked). Other than that, the mango and papaya salad appetizer and the banana custard cake dessert were great! Service was timely and pleasant. The restaurant itself was elegant. Bathrooms were clean and the lounging/waiting area in the entrance was stylish and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationNancyDined on 7/25/2014Took our daughter here for her 24 bday. She truly enjoyed it. Good food, good ambience. Thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.