RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen
10250 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90067Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rocksugarpanasiankitchen.com/
- Phone: (310) 552-9988
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Mohan Ismail
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour is every day from 4-6:30PM in the courtyard and bar areas.
- Special Events: RockSugar has multiple spaces available for private parties and large party bookings. Please contact the Event Coordinator at PrivateEvents@RockSugarPanAsianKitchen.com or call 310.552.9988.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is located in the Westfield parking structure and is complimentary for the first 3 hours with validation.
Valet is also available and is located on Santa Monica Boulevard. RockSugar also validates valet, making it $12 per vehicle (normally $21).
A word from RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen
RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen is the first restaurant of its kind in L.A. An upscale casual destination from eminent restaurateur David Overton and Singapore-raised, New York-trained chef Mohan Ismail (Spice Market, Tabla, Blue Hill), RockSugar showcases the cuisines of Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and India. Drawing upon memories of family meals his mother made, chef Mohan folds in his vast culinary experience to bring together the exhilarating tastes of a half-dozen Southeast Asian nations. Dishes are served Asian family-style to create an atmosphere that encourages sharing & conversation. RockSugar, which takes its name from an ingredient used by Asian chefs, features a full bar with an extensive wine list and exotic cocktails and an onsite bakery where it creates fresh-made desserts that infuse French flair with Asian-influence. Please Note: Online reservations are available for parties up to 6 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Century City ›
RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (96)special occasion (88)fit for foodies (82)great for lunch (65)hot spot (53)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (43)great for outdoor dining (41)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (14)scenic view (12)great for brunch (11)Show More
- An experience to rememberDee61Dined on 11/21/2014I so enjoy coming here. The atmosphere is relaxing, peaceful and romantic. I love the family style food service. The sea bass, thai fried chicken wings, mango salad and eggplantis to die for. So many dishes I love. The coconut mojito and passion drinks are awesome. Great place to get away to with someone special or friends you love. Service is impeccable, friendly and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Loved the two course lunch menu, however, the food was not timed right. Three people got their food 10 minutes before the fourth person's entree arrived and then the last person received his meal another 3 minutes after that (there were 5 of us). The first 3 people were almost finished eating by the time the last person got his food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okaynina99VIPDined on 11/19/2014Had dinner here and wasn't very impressed. Food was just okay -pretty oily and salty, and service was just so so. We had to keep asking our waiter for things -- more wine, more water, our check. He just wasn't very attentive. The decor is beautiful -- but I would only go for drinks.Special Features:
- hot spot for lunchSteenieDined on 11/19/2014I hadn't been to RockSugar for a while. It was a nice treat to see the consistency in the food. The one issue was that the food all seemed to come out at the same time when the courses had been spaced further apart previously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Century CityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Dining at Rock Sugar is always a delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeNs2015Dined on 11/11/2014Love this place. The food is always good. Very polite staff. Clean ., great decor .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockSugarBenQuteDined on 11/8/2014I brought my cousin and her boyfriend for his birthday and they love the place and the food.Special Features:
- Exceptional dining experiencejerfDined on 11/8/2014Go. Take someone special. Total visual and taste experience. AND go figure, it's located in a mall. You step thru the initial doorway and you are completely transported away from ANY signs that you're in a mall. The service is superb. The food is consistently delicious. Really, go...Special Features:
- Wow!Love2DineVIPDined on 11/6/2014The entrance is very impressive and the food stuns! My boyfriend and I had a great time at RockSugar. The Thai noodles with shrimp and samosas are a winner!Special Features:
- Ray144VIPDined on 11/4/2014This is one of my go to places for lunch in Century City. The ambiance it great. The food is wonderful. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Love itja123Dined on 11/3/2014I love this place. The flavors are strong and diverse. Great for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saviajDined on 11/3/2014Food was delicious as always. Service .... 20 minutes to get an order taken. Then the check ... lord. Eat at the bar.Special Features:
- Simply AMAZING!StellaDined on 11/1/2014It was the anniversary of the night we first met so we came to Rock Sugar to celebrate. We actually had our wedding reception at Rock Sugar a few years ago, and to our surprise, we were recognized by the staff. Everything was delightful, all thanks to our attentive waiter! The pan-asian flavors leaves a lasting impression on the pallet to be savored again and again!! Thank you Rock Sugar and staff for imprinting such wonderful memories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Service was slow, but wait person was trying to make it right. Took 30 min for each dish to come out. Seemed like they were short staffed in the kitchen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisySherylVIPDined on 10/12/2014I would have given them 5 stars but the noise/music is too loud!!! If they would turn it way down they would have a winner. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocksugar RocksPAandAPADined on 10/11/2014Good tasty food for vegetarians as most of us are. Fresh veggies hit the spot. Staff made the effort to make food interesting and atmosphere welcoming.Special Features:
- A delightful lunchNancyVIPDined on 10/11/2014The pan Asian restaurant is beautiful and a delight for the eyes. The waiter was friendly and helpful. The food was inventive and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiancelives2eatDined on 10/8/2014This place looks like an Asian PF Chang. Great ambiance and statues all around. The food was good, but nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back for sureDHartPhotographyDined on 10/6/2014The service was great. Ben was our server. He did a great job of making recommendations and we were pleased with what was served. The food was tasty and had great flavor. The presentation was great although I wish there had been more space on the table for all the food. The ambiance was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is family style dining??mhdinerDined on 10/3/2014Went there for a birthday, The staff and our waitstaff were courteous and the ambiance was great. Was told at the start that this was family style dining and that dishes would come out as they were prepared. But as the dishes came out all the serving sizes were so small. For each dish we ordered there was barely enough food for each person in our party (3). Even though the portion sizes were exceptionally small, the food was all prepared well. They either need to include more on each plate or stop telling customers that they are a "Family style" dining place. Magianno's and Cheesecake Factory portion sizes can be used for reference.
- great ambiencebgnsoVIPDined on 10/2/2014Love this restaurant! Food is always good, great service and wonderful ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebrationsnefreeDined on 10/2/2014We took my mom here for lunch for her birthday. We sat on the patio and shared some wonderful dishes. DelightfulSpecial Features:
- Forgot about this wonderful spotNOTAHAPPYCAMPERVIPDined on 9/26/2014We never think of going to this restaurant and we live close by It is just delicious and we must keep it in our rotation. Food and service above average!!! Give it a trySpecial Features:
- Believe the hype!TheAlphaCriticDined on 9/26/2014the dining experience met and even exceeded my expectations. From the time we were greeted by the host and hostess and the excellent service from the waiting and dining staff the afternoon meeting/dining experience was really amazing! The fusion of all the food combinations on my palate facilitated by the ginger Margarita I had was simply delightful. Many claim they have the best Chilean sea bass, I wouldn't believe any of that hype until you've indulged it at Rock Sugar! It's one of the top two in the city! It's flavor and texture just leaves you wanting more. In addition to the food selections, the ambiance is perfect and complemented by the dining experience created by the entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining at RockSugarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Michael Matt, our waiter had excellent recommendations to our menu selections and knew his stuff. Food was incredible and service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Love coming here for their lunch special, their 2 and 3 course meal is a great deal and a way to try different dishes. I had the caramel chicken with grilled onions. Very good!Special Features:
- Still putting out great food & expSD4BrianVIPDined on 9/21/2014RockSugar is one of those places I don't get to visit often but every time I do I think to myself why didn't it's parent Cheesecake Factory expand on this concept to other markets. It's really quite good, nice environment and fantastic cocktail menu. I look forward to dining there again and would select this over Cheesecake Factory any daySpecial Features:
- Little china :)Love2dineDined on 9/20/2014Loved it very beautiful decor inside feels like your in another country doesn't feel like your in the of LA LOL VERY ROMANTIC. The food was great our waiter was awesome helped us out with drinks what's good and what food to order he suggested the appetizers where good specially the calamari was breaded so good and everythn else. I would definitely come back again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceWestsideDinerDined on 9/20/2014The lighting and decor are unique. Our server was attentive and helpful with suggestions on what to try. The food was tasty, and the banana cake was as good as everyone said on Yelp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guilty Pleasure1ProudMomDined on 9/19/2014Tried lots of things on the menu! All good! Amazing drinks!!!! Amazing!!! Couldn't help it we both got seperste desserts just so we could see of that fantastic flavor carried over to our meal ending! Guys if you want to impress the lady for the evening..... TAKE HER!! You will get major cool points! Can't wait to go back ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dinner hereLad50VIPDined on 9/17/2014Had a thoroughly enjoyable dinner experience at Rock Sugar. We ordered a variety of dishes to share and everything was really great. Super blend of tastes and textures. Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaHJerseyDined on 9/16/2014The interior was really cool. The food was very tasty, served hot, and was a large portion.Special Features:
- Great food, beautiful room!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014We had lunch at RockSugar because we were on the hunt for delicious dumplings, and man did we find them. We also found a beautiful, comfortable main dining room and really nice patio area. The dumplings, short ribs and summer rolls are not to be missed! Definitely recommend RockSugar if you are looking for a tastey lunch or dinner experience. (service was good, too!)Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I dined here this past Friday and enjoyed this restaurant tremendously. We had the prix menu for $39 each and each course was excellent. I also loved the cucumber martini. Our server was Natalie. She was extremely pleasant and guided us through the entire menu. Will definitely return !!Special Features:
- Awesomepattiluv2eatDined on 9/5/2014The ambiance was perfect. The best place to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday.Special Features:
- Business LunchVeroStradaVIPDined on 8/26/2014Did the prix fixe menu which is a great value. Started w the calamari - the serving is SO SMALL, I barely had any because I wanted to save some for my guest. Second app was chicken samosas, I could've had 4 more, they were SO GOOD! Got the green curry chicken and shrimp with veggies w/brown and jasmine rice. Had enough curry left for leftovers so that was a plus! Dessert coconut donuts w passion fruit syrup, AMAZING. The only thing is that I was on a tight schedule and while the food was great and service impeccable, it was all too slow for my liking, I like to be done within an hour and it took almost two hours.Special Features:
- ExcellentKKKKDined on 8/23/2014I hadn't been to RockSugar in several years and was hoping it hadn't changed as I took family that had not been there before (and I had been raving about it). I was so pleased to find that it's still fabulous. The food and service are the best. The portions were perfect for four people allowing everyone to taste everything. We had appetizers with our cocktails and then the main dinner. Everyone was pleasantly full without feeling stuffed, so we split a dessert (which was the perfect amount). Another plus is that you aren't just given a waiter/waitress for your table. They have enough staff so you don't have empty plates sitting around and you don't have to look around for your server if you need something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular with family and friendsDenaDined on 8/23/2014I am a repeat customer at Rock Sugar. I eat there with friends at lunch and with family and guests at diner. My adult children and grand children always request a visit whenever they are in town. It has not disappointed me or my guests over the years.Special Features:
- RockSugarBenQuteDined on 8/23/2014One of my favorite place to hang out w my friends with delicious food, amazing ambiance and excellent service!!Special Features:
- Exellent restaurantbbqfanaticDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed everything from the staff at the front to the waiter and servers. Food was excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.