RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen
10250 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90067Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rocksugarpanasiankitchen.com/
- Phone: 3105529988x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Mohan Ismail
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour is every day from 4-6:30PM in the courtyard and bar areas.
- Special Events: RockSugar has multiple spaces available for private parties and large party bookings. Please contact the Event Coordinator at PrivateEvents@RockSugarPanAsianKitchen.com or call 310.552.9988.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is located in the Westfield parking structure and is complimentary for the first 3 hours with validation.
Valet is also available and is located on Santa Monica Boulevard. RockSugar also validates valet, making it $12 per vehicle (normally $21).
A word from RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen
RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen is the first restaurant of its kind in L.A. An upscale casual destination from eminent restaurateur David Overton and Singapore-raised, New York-trained chef Mohan Ismail (Spice Market, Tabla, Blue Hill), RockSugar showcases the cuisines of Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and India. Drawing upon memories of family meals his mother made, chef Mohan folds in his vast culinary experience to bring together the exhilarating tastes of a half-dozen Southeast Asian nations. Dishes are served Asian family-style to create an atmosphere that encourages sharing & conversation. RockSugar, which takes its name from an ingredient used by Asian chefs, features a full bar with an extensive wine list and exotic cocktails and an onsite bakery where it creates fresh-made desserts that infuse French flair with Asian-influence. Please Note: Online reservations are available for parties up to 6 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Century City ›
RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)good for groups (106)fit for foodies (98)great for lunch (92)romantic (74)great for outdoor dining (57)hot spot (56)neighborhood gem (55)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (25)great for brunch (24)kid-friendly (24)scenic view (21)notable wine list (8)Show More
- Business LunchVeroStradaVIPDined on 8/26/2014Did the prix fixe menu which is a great value. Started w the calamari - the serving is SO SMALL, I barely had any because I wanted to save some for my guest. Second app was chicken samosas, I could've had 4 more, they were SO GOOD! Got the green curry chicken and shrimp with veggies w/brown and jasmine rice. Had enough curry left for leftovers so that was a plus! Dessert coconut donuts w passion fruit syrup, AMAZING. The only thing is that I was on a tight schedule and while the food was great and service impeccable, it was all too slow for my liking, I like to be done within an hour and it took almost two hours.Special Features:
- ExcellentKKKKDined on 8/23/2014I hadn't been to RockSugar in several years and was hoping it hadn't changed as I took family that had not been there before (and I had been raving about it). I was so pleased to find that it's still fabulous. The food and service are the best. The portions were perfect for four people allowing everyone to taste everything. We had appetizers with our cocktails and then the main dinner. Everyone was pleasantly full without feeling stuffed, so we split a dessert (which was the perfect amount). Another plus is that you aren't just given a waiter/waitress for your table. They have enough staff so you don't have empty plates sitting around and you don't have to look around for your server if you need something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular with family and friendsDenaDined on 8/23/2014I am a repeat customer at Rock Sugar. I eat there with friends at lunch and with family and guests at diner. My adult children and grand children always request a visit whenever they are in town. It has not disappointed me or my guests over the years.Special Features:
- RockSugarBenQuteDined on 8/23/2014One of my favorite place to hang out w my friends with delicious food, amazing ambiance and excellent service!!Special Features:
- Exellent restaurantbbqfanaticDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed everything from the staff at the front to the waiter and servers. Food was excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service & ambienceprime959Dined on 8/17/2014This was my first visit to RockSugar Pan Asian Kitchen. Our server was Nick, who was great because he was quick attentive and on the spot. The food was delicious since it came hot straight from the kitchen. The restaurant also has great ambience. Overall I really enjoyed my visit and I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Perfect Date Night!urbanglamgyrlDined on 8/16/2014We arrived to the restaurant 30 minutes early for our reservation, however they were able to still seat us right away. The service was fast and our waiter was very attentive. We ordered the Tasting Menu and everything was delicious! My fiance was so impressed and could not stop talking about how good the food was. We were seated in a quiet area and it was a perfect evening out. We are looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- no buenohuskyla27VIPDined on 8/16/2014Rocksugar is trying so hard to be a destination restaurant. Over the top decor that made me feel like I was going on a ride at Disneyland but I didn't have much fun. Server stressed that the foods is meant to be shared, no way you can share a dish, they're so small. Very high prices for what you receive. Nothing was amazing. The Green curry was bland. Thai noodles were bland. Actually everything was bland. Use some spices. Add some flavor. I hate to say this but if rather eat at PF Chang's.
- Never disappointingskluvsfoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014Each time I've come here to eat, it's been great. We recommend the tasting menu if you want a variety and bring an appetite as it's a lot of food.Special Features:
- Rocksugar Lunch ExperienceChazbroDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to Rocksugar after a friend suggested we try it. Decor and atmosphere was very nice. The service was a little slow and spotty. (The table seated next to us after we were seated had hot hand towels brought to them right away. We had to ask for ours). The drinks were good, but took a long time to get. The portions are large and the presentation of each dish is excellent. The food is good, but not memorable. It is a place that is worth trying, but probably won't be on my 'must repeat' list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Restaurant, Great FoodmatthewucsdDined on 8/14/2014We always enjoy coming to RockSugar for the atmosphere and the food. The restaurant is very tastefully heavily themed and doesn't feel like the obnoxiousness of other themed restaurants like Rainforest Cafe or Hard Rock Cafe. This is a higher end restaurant so a less tacky experience is expected. We always do the tasting menu and it is such a bargain. The portions are great and you get to taste so much of the menu. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Delish!catbirdDined on 8/13/2014The interior of the restaurant is beautiful with lighting, high ceilings and carved wooden doors. Loved the meat skewers with peanut sauce appetizer and the banana brulee' cake is amazingly delicious. The snapper with noodles for the entree was good, but not as good as I'd hoped. It was a lot of food. My doggie bag somehow got lost, so that was a disappointment. Service was very friendly and helpful. (thank you, Anthony!) I would definitely go again and try other yummy sounding entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceJerryDined on 8/13/2014We visited RockSugar on a visit to LA this week. The food, which was a melange of a number of Asian cuisines, was outstanding. Our meal started with their glazed back rib appetizer. It was sweet, tangy, meaty and downright delicious. The crispy calamari was average and not particularly unusual. After the appetizers we had butter chicken which was superb. Our dessert was a carmalized banana custard on top of what seemed like some kind of cake and a large scoop of ice cream. It was to die for. Michael P. our waiter deserves special commendation. He was very helpful, attentive and one of the best servers we have experienced anywhere. The only disappointment was the ambiance. The room was downright ugly. A poor imitation of an Asian temple.Special Features:
- Delicious fusion fareSnowydayDined on 8/13/2014I would support RockSugar on their wings alone! Delicious. Co workers, friends, family love it. Some dishes are better than others. Lunch menu is nice and affordable. Service wanes as more patrons get seated but water glass was always full. Validation is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodMommyof3Dined on 8/8/2014My husband and I had wanted to check this place out for a while and we were pleased with the food. We ordered Crispy imperial rolls, Thai noodles with shrimp, shaking beef and Indonesian Grilled Shrimp. We debated on dessert but ended up ordering the butter cake. As we waited for our food everything that passed by our table smelled delicious. We will definitely go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but over-pricedLAEpicureanDined on 8/7/2014Our family of four went to RS for dinner when my daughter visited from East Coast. Ambiance is nice not too outlandish. Food choices span the Far East. We ordered Indonesian Shrimp - nicely grilled; tasty and succulent - very pricey. The Thai veggie green curry was a hit with my Mom; she enjoyed it. Eggplant Sambal was a disappointment. And the Festive Rice, while there was a flourish in the presentation, we found it to be a bit too greasy and sweet for our taste. Banana cake dessert was good. Service was so so. Appears that the waiter had too many tables to cover - always seemed to be in a hurry and not to easy to get his attention. Overall, an okay place for those once in a blue moon occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv the foodillbebackDined on 8/6/2014Nice sceanery very clasdy spot.had a relaxing time wit a friend. Good spot to relax with fire grill on table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMaestro1Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent service, very reasonably priced and great food.Special Features:
- nothappyDined on 8/2/2014We were very disappointed in the food. Every dish tasted like the previous one and we ordered a verity from potstickers,noodles vegetable and,fish. The food was served so quickly that we could not finish one dish before the next arrived. Our martinis were served warm. Not a happy experience.Special Features:
- Not satisfiedPearlDined on 8/1/2014Booking done through Open Table. Received 2 email confirmations. Called Rock Sugar Friday evening to reconfirm. did not have the reservation showing up at their end. Spoke to Rachel requested for round table. Rachel took the request but brushed me off the line as quickly as she could. Service was average, we had guests from out of town. Order not taken correctly. Ordered two shrimp curries, just one entree arrived among the 6 of us. had to wait for another one to arrive after placing the order one more time. remaining entrees trickled in. Waiter took time taking our order after serving appetizers. We have been to Rock Sugar many times since it opened, but this time it was a let down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEVEDined on 8/1/2014The food was excellent. I would return for sure. A little bit noisy though.Special Features:
- Very Nice Once AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/29/2014This time I began with the Spiced Beef-Stuffed Flatbread. It was decent. The Vietnamese Noodle Bowl was served with an egg roll and a light, but very flavorful sauce. I really, really enjoyed this bowl and egg roll! I had a nice gingery cocktail as well. I believe it was called Lychee Mule.Special Features:
- Great WaiterBarcapnettDined on 7/28/2014My hubby and I just stopped in for a quick celebratory drink after some good news. I've eaten here several times. It's always good. This time around, we just had appetizers, they were good, but not as good as some of the excellent dinner entrees I've had here. But all in all, we had a great little spot to ourselves to have our celebratory drinks. It was perfect for what we wanted at the time. Our waiter was terrific. always good service here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SCFoodieDined on 7/27/2014The best complete meal I've had to date. Pork belly bun was my favorite! Banana cake was also fantastic! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DineLA spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014The ambiance and food are really great and the our server was in tune with whatever we needed. I love that they give you a hot towel to wash your hands prior to the meal. Because we did DineLA we had to order our appetizer and meal at the same time, which was fine, but the transition from appetizer to entree was a little long, other then that everything was great. They also have happy hour on the weekend, but you have to sit at the bar to get it, so that was kind of a bummer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014I came here for DineLA and ordered the spicy Hanoi style Red Snapper dish with green onions for the entree. I think the turmeric in the fish, although it complemented the green onions well, was overpowering; it tasted a little bitter and grainy. The fish was cooked well (not under or over cooked). Other than that, the mango and papaya salad appetizer and the banana custard cake dessert were great! Service was timely and pleasant. The restaurant itself was elegant. Bathrooms were clean and the lounging/waiting area in the entrance was stylish and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationNancyDined on 7/25/2014Took our daughter here for her 24 bday. She truly enjoyed it. Good food, good ambience. Thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PanAsianOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014Foods derived from a variety of Asian countries are offered. There are a great variety of tastes and textures reflecting the diversity of cultures represented. All the dishes are flavourful and well presented. This restaurant is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014This is a nice reprieve from the shopping mall. With its darkened main room, you feel like you're walking into another dimension with really good food and an excellent banana cake dessert.Special Features:
- Exotic food, beautiful locationhollyVIPDined on 7/22/2014The food is delicious and the atmosphere amazing. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and nice atmosphereLike2DineDined on 7/22/2014I really enjoy everything about RockSugar. The food is great, and the energy and atmosphere is fantastic. RockSugar is one of my favorite restaurants to go to, even though I don't get to eat there a lot.Special Features:
- lafoodieDined on 7/21/2014The samosas were absolutely to die for! If this place wasn't located in a mall, you would think it was a 5 star restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014Disappointed that such a beautiful restaurant did not match the menu. Lacking.Special Features:
- Romance, sex appeal & devine flavorMelissaLADined on 7/20/2014Ordered from the Dine LA dinner menu, everything was amazing! Walking into the place, I was taking so many pictures because it is visually stunning. I felt like I was walking into another work in Southwearn Asia. Too pretty to even find the words to describe. Lanterns hanging, fire pits, color changing lights, everything took my breath away. The food was just as good. With each bite I foundmyself moaning from how good it was! The potstickers, chicken satay, claypot beef, princess chicken, banana cake, and strawberry sorbet were out of this world! Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Cool atmosphere, but slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2014The food is good, but nothing outstanding. Our waitress was awesome, although overall the service was slow and not everyone's apps came out at the same time nor did our entrees. And not like they had to run back to the kitchen to get the rest, it was like 15 min before everyone else's food came. Kind of awkward. And what should have been an hour and a half turned into a 3 hour dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!LAfoodie2Dined on 7/20/2014Everything at RockSugar is a delight from the minute you enter the doors. The diverse menu and the quality of the food, the waitstaff, the ambience are all outstanding! I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they need to improveVeniceVIPDined on 7/20/2014We got our table and the sunlight was shining in my eyes. The hostess didn't seem to care about it. She never offered us a change of table, even though it was only around 5:15pm on a Sunday. Our server was very nice. However, she was training someone and spent more time with him then with us. We had to keep asking for things. At the very beginning, I asked if it would be ok to get my own check and she said yes. At the end, she handed us one check and I had to ask again and wait to have it redone. I asked for the leftovers to be boxed and they came with a claim check. In order to retrieve this box, I would have had to go to the front and wait for someone to get this to me.
- We Love Rock SugarOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2014My husband and I really enjoy Rock Sugar. This time the service was a bit lacking, but the food made up for it. Hubby and I started with the Mango Salad with a light dressing. Entrees were Princess Chicken and Red Snapper with Noodles. I liked my Red Snapper, but wish it had the burst of flavor so many of their other dishes have. It was served with a light sauce, but next time I will request an additional sauce to give it that punch of flavor. Dessert was fantastic. We each had the Caramelized Banana Cake. It isn't too sweet and just perfect with tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good mealdinerDined on 7/19/2014I was dining alone and was told I could not order from the dineLA menu. The pork buns were so greasy I couldn't eat them. The donuts were dry. The spring roll was good. The soup had tiny shrimp that were overcooked.
- Dine LA was busy to go for dinnerckprDined on 7/18/2014We had to wait over half our to get seated and then another 15 minutes to order, so we had to munch on the chips and salsa. We started eating around 1 hour after the time of our reservation...Special Features: